NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2  - What's the magic number ? - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

Post by White Lightning Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:38 pm

when i see a player tackled with the ball & 1 of the defenders holding onto his shirt they try to punch the defenders hand away & it never works....why don't they just tickle him under the arm then he'd let go
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2  - What's the magic number ? - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:54 pm

On the Johns family podcast Cooper Johns says Ben Condon is in the best 17. Turned into a middle after leaving the Cowboys priced at 250k.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:04 pm

t43597 wrote:A more general question - how does one approach creating a team?

Do you do it
    - line by line or
    - guns in first and then cows and then fill the rest or
    - do you pick a shortlist and sort of whittle it down from there?

I ask because i usually do the shortlist method and that becomes selecting my locks regardless of position - both cows and guns - and then i agonise over the mid-pricers and whoever else i can fit in.

However, this pre season ive actually tried different methods and have cleared my team a few times and even changing just 1 or 2 'locks' can have a massive flow on effect that usually isnt the case when i use my 'standard method'. As such, i guess even those that i consider 'locks' are still subject to change.

Im just interested in hearing about different methods and experimenting with them myself.

Little bit on how I approach it

- Captain first. Double points need a high floor and banner ceiling. I only see Hynes and Cleary in this category to start the year
    - Find the unmissable value. Generally guys with a good fantasy history moving into a bigger role. Hopgood and BSmith in this category for me
    - High ceiling players coming off injury. This is where I'll put in Turbo, Ponga
    - Search through each position for the decent value options. For me these are guys like Hodgson, Schuster, Garner, Hastings, Collins/Lodge. If they score at the floor end they are probably okay to hang onto for a few weeks. If they hit the ceiling you are off and running.
    - Fill out the position with least value with sub guns that have potential to elevate. Doueihi and Tapine in this category.
    - Fill in the rest with cheapies that actually have a chance to gain value. Avoid guys like BMM and Burbo who are cheap because they have tiny roles.
    - Throw it all out on TLT and pick shittos
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:06 pm

Welch is intriguing, I recall he was popular last year because of the offload point changes being advantageous for him, before he got injured. He's the leader of the pack now and they've lost some big minute middles. Should be good for 60 mins maybe mid to low 50s avg. Thoughts?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:10 pm

King Assassin wrote:Welch is intriguing, I recall he was popular last year because of the offload point changes being advantageous for him, before he got injured. He's the leader of the pack now and they've lost some big minute middles. Should be good for 60 mins maybe mid to low 50s avg. Thoughts?

Tough injury to come back from and then a walk up starter for origin. Think the best of his fantasy season might be to end the season
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:16 pm

King Assassin wrote:Welch is intriguing, I recall he was popular last year because of the offload point changes being advantageous for him, before he got injured. He's the leader of the pack now and they've lost some big minute middles. Should be good for 60 mins maybe mid to low 50s avg. Thoughts?

Priced at 44 he's not worth it, he won't average 54 and you can get 10+ points of value elsewhere.

If he had been priced properly (41 with a further discount for playing only 1 game) then I would get him
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:23 pm

Krump wrote:
    Delete the app and then online works fine
    Thanks guys. It eventually worked.
    I’ve literally deleted the app multiple times and it hasn’t worked.
    It still didn’t work this time until the mrs did it for me.
    Chucky and computers do not get along.
    Must be beer o’clock.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:26 pm

Russell looked gud for the Eels yesterday. Wish he was dual.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:27 pm

Chucky wrote:
    Thanks guys. It eventually worked.
    I’ve literally deleted the app multiple times and it hasn’t worked.
    It still didn’t work this time until the mrs did it for me.
    Chucky and computers do not get along.
    Must be beer o’clock.

Shocked Shocked Shocked I,ve gone off early again Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:28 pm

Do you do it
    - line by line or

I ask because i usually do the shortlist method and that becomes selecting my locks regardless of position - both cows and guns - and then i agonise over the mid-pricers and whoever else i can fit in.

However, this pre season ive actually tried different methods and have cleared my team a few times and even changing just 1 or 2 'locks' can have a massive flow on effect that usually isnt the case when i use my 'standard method'. As such, i guess even those that i consider 'locks' are still subject to change.

Im just interested in hearing about different methods and experimenting with them myself.

1 - Listen to a bunch of podcasts and read articles
    2 - Put all the players of note in a team and then start tinkering
    3 - Adjust a bit once TLT arrives. Continue tinkering.
    4 - Run with whatever iteration I'm on come lockout.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:29 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Little bit on how I approach it

- Captain first. Double points need a high floor and banner ceiling. I only see Hynes and Cleary in this category to start the year
    - Find the unmissable value. Generally guys with a good fantasy history moving into a bigger role. Hopgood and BSmith in this category for me
    - High ceiling players coming off injury. This is where I'll put in Turbo, Ponga
    - Search through each position for the decent value options. For me these are guys like Hodgson, Schuster, Garner, Hastings, Collins/Lodge. If they score at the floor end they are probably okay to hang onto for a few weeks. If they hit the ceiling you are off and running.
    - Fill out the position with least value with sub guns that have potential to elevate. Doueihi and Tapine in this category.
    - Fill in the rest with cheapies that actually have a chance to gain value. Avoid guys like BMM and Burbo who are cheap because they have tiny roles.
    - Throw it all out on TLT and pick shittos

This was all sound logic until you said Schuster was an option

Schuster is basically 2022 Amone but 120k more
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:38 pm

Do you do it
    - line by line or

I fill my team with cheapies.
    I then fill the gaps with the next level up, blokes looking at an increased role/minutes.
    Any spots left after that are where my guns come in.
    I then leave it alone until TLT.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:41 pm

the_great_wobbler wrote:

1 - Listen to a bunch of podcasts and read articles
    2 - Put all the players of note in a team and then start tinkering
    3 - Adjust a bit once TLT arrives. Continue tinkering.
    4 - Run with whatever iteration I'm on come lockout.

Mine entails points , 2,3 and 4 , however I avoid any articles and podcasts, get all I need to know from here.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:08 pm

Egan Butcher looked good 43 in 40mins. Anymore news on Angus yet?

Terrell May looked good too and of course S. Walker and Cheese.

I was happy with Eli Katoa liked what I saw.

Strong start from Sutton here..

And a lovely TA from Mahoney to Sutton.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:15 pm

my boy sutton boom
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:43 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Egan Butcher looked good 43 in 40mins. Anymore news on Angus yet?

Terrell May looked good too and of course S. Walker and Cheese.

I was happy with Eli Katoa liked what I saw.

Strong start from Sutton here..

And a lovely TA from Mahoney to Sutton.

No official word, only rumours he may come back second half of the year. No idea where that rumour came from.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:49 pm

Xavier Savage looks like he took all the roids, he must have put on 20 kgs!
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:55 pm

mahoney playing with a beer gut...is it retro round
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:56 pm

Moanaman wrote:Xavier Savage looks like he took all the roids, he must have put on 20 kgs!

Thought he looked bigger to when they showed him going off for hia.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:02 pm

White Lightning wrote:my boy sutton boom
    I have 5 Dogs currently Mahoney, Burton, Sutton, Alamoti and Perham

Current date/time is Sun Jul 28, 2024 1:38 am