NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2  - What's the magic number ? - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:05 am

Mole: Speaking of veterans playing a utility role off the bench for their new club, Dylan Walker could well find himself in the same situation for the Warriors.

My spies across the ditch tell me the versatile Walker has been training at lock, centre and in the halves.

A battle-hardened pro, Walker was good last year for Manly and will be a handy signing as the Warriors start a new chapter in their history under incoming coach Andrew Webster.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2  - What's the magic number ? - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:56 am

WT2K wrote:

A battle-hardened pro, Walker was good last year for Manly

I didn't think beating up your girlfriend counted as battle. Or that he was much good last year.

Still, it would've been stranger to actually agree with the Mole.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:22 am

L-Jimmy wrote:

I didn't think beating up your girlfriend counted as battle. Or that he was much good last year.

Still, it would've been stranger to actually agree with the Mole.

Sigh can't believe he's at the Warriors 😒
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:24 am

We should get a good look at the Kenny/Luke rotation in the WCC game. Assuming Penrith will play their top team
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:18 am

White Lightning wrote:just watched a video on nrl.com about the madmen gilbert & stone as described by their team mates j-brom & sullivan....i love me a madman so both into my team

Just saw that video, and Jesse Bromwich described Gilbert as a "Dale Finucane type", which would be great for the NRL but wouldn't spend 587k on the real Finucane let alone a type.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:20 pm

Holy Moly wrote:

Yep. Very small sample and the games weren't Penrith's full strength team. How do you think they will use Kenny and Luke in 2023?
    There has already been talking Kenny will get get about 50mins. I see Luke getting 25-30mins initially which I don’t think is enough so he’s not in my team.
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:42 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    There has already been talking Kenny will get get about 50mins. I see Luke getting 25-30mins initially which I don’t think is enough so he’s not in my team.

Whos been saying that?

we will see in WCC but last i saw was plans to have Kenny pass and tackle for 20 and then Luke plays the rest of the game out.

Gotta remember Kenny adds 0 to their attack and creates clunkyness when he at 9.

Edit: Think it was Sangster from daily telegraph saying that what he was told about the plan.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:45 pm

Thanks Blindside & DK
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:24 pm

History suggest that a fit Faitala-Mariner playing 80 on the EDG score close to 50 points and thus is about 10 points undervalued.

Is it a case of Aye Aye Sailor chuck him in my team. That is sub gun cow territory???

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:26 pm

RandomSil wrote:Forum url should be fixed later today

Hey idiot, Do you want some cash to help out?
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:29 pm

MF wrote:

Hey idiot, Do you want some cash to help out?

Yeah, pass the hat around Random!

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:31 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:

Whos been saying that?

we will see in WCC but last i saw was plans to have Kenny pass and tackle for 20 and then Luke plays the rest of the game out.

Gotta remember Kenny adds 0 to their attack and creates clunkyness when he at 9.

Edit: Think it was Sangster from daily telegraph saying that what he was told about the plan.

The highest probability of Luke’s mins is actually 0…. If you listen to Panthers coach and staff comments and not media.
    They’ve brought Peachey back who will get the Utility role and as has been stated by the Panthers they rate Kenny highly and appreciate his patience in development. He will be rewarded and given every opportunity to prove he’s an 80 min HOK.
    I’m personally hoping Luke does play through the trials so it throws others off the scent as well.

Bench will be

Peach
    Leniu
    Sorenson
    Eisenhuth

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:35 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:History suggest that a fit Faitala-Mariner playing 80 on the EDG score close to 50 points and thus is about 10 points undervalued.

Is it a case of Aye Aye Sailor chuck him in my team. That is sub gun cow territory???

Why not? Throw him in you crazy wet mammal!
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:52 pm

Genderbender wrote:

The highest probability of Luke’s mins is actually 0…. If you listen to Panthers coach and staff comments and not media.
    They’ve brought Peachey back who will get the Utility role and as has been stated by the Panthers they rate Kenny highly and appreciate his patience in development. He will be rewarded and given every opportunity to prove he’s an 80 min HOK.
    I’m personally hoping Luke does play through the trials so it throws others off the scent as well.

Bench will be

Peach
    Leniu
    Sorenson
    Eisenhuth

i will not personally believe this until i see it. Peachey is barely a park footballer.

No room for the weak gutted dog on the bench anymore?

Do you have anywhere where i can listen to these players and coaches?
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:00 pm

Anyone want to pick apart my current team

I am not blind yet and I am gonna keep fiddling to cos it feels good

Hodgson
    Elliot B Smith Niukore
    Faitala-Mariner Hopgood
    Doueihi (VC) Hynes (C)
    Penisini Bird
    Miller Perham Mitchell

E Katoa Luke Stone Doorey

Martin Sadrugu Te Whare Thompson

mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:03 pm

Genderbender wrote:

Bench will be

Peach
    Leniu
    Sorenson
    Eisenhuth

The more i think about it i dont imagine Peachey challenges Luke at all. The panthers preferred bench structure last year was:

Hooker / Kenny
    Mid
    Mid
    Utility (Salmon)

If Peachey wins a spot wont it be Salmon who he replaces?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:05 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:

i will not personally believe this until i see it. Peachey is barely a park footballer.

No room for the weak gutted dog on the bench anymore?

Do you have anywhere where i can listen to these players and coaches?

WGD will make room for Peach just so Kenny has some form of coverage if needed. He can obviously cover the same spots in the backs that WGD does also increasing his versatility. They didn’t buy Peach for the park.

Something coaches have figured out that some might not have is that 80min HOK is a huge ingredient in success.

Think
    1 Panthers Api
    2 cowboys Robson
    3 sharks Brailey
    4 eels Mahoney
    5 Storm Grant
    6 Rabbits Cook

Essentially the top six teams of last year had 80 min HOKs
    Don’t think Panthers are going to go away from that, I do understand the lack of creativity point with Kenny but he’s got plenty of those guys in his team that he can pass the ball to.
    I wouldn’t believe anything else until I saw it, either. Surprised
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:07 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:Anyone want to pick apart my current team

I am not blind yet and I am gonna keep fiddling to cos it feels good

Hodgson
    Elliot B Smith Niukore
    Faitala-Mariner Hopgood
    Doueihi (VC) Hynes (C)
    Penisini Bird
    Miller Perham Mitchell

E Katoa Luke Stone Doorey

Martin Sadrugu Te Whare Thompson

I'm not gonna challenge individual picks because I rate individuality but I did see Te Whare named in the Dolphins Qcup trail with their other reggies so could indicate his standing in the pecking order. If that is the case Talau is there for 20k extra. Also not sure if Sadrugu is quite there yet but could be wrong
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:14 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:

I'm not gonna challenge individual picks because I rate individuality but I did see Te Whare named in the Dolphins Qcup trail with their other reggies so could indicate his standing in the pecking order. If that is the case Talau is there for 20k extra. Also not sure if Sadrugu is quite there yet but could be wrong

Thanks for the Te Whare info. Not keen in Talau or any other player that scores sub double figures in 80 minutes. CTR is a tough spot this year. Hopefully TLT throws something up. I heard Sadrugu was a smokie for starting on the EDG alongside Nanai. Who is in his way?
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:23 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Thanks for the Te Whare info. Not keen in Talau or any other player that scores sub double figures in 80 minutes. CTR is a tough spot this year. Hopefully TLT throws something up. I heard Sadrugu was a smokie for starting on the EDG alongside Nanai. Who is in his way?

If i had to guess i would say unfortunately Gosiewski. He has the experience and he has been active on the radio talking about the upcoming season and he was involved in the golf trip with the NRL players. As i said nothing for sure though so i Hope i am wrong.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:15 am