NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1 - Just open up already

L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1  - Just open up already - Page 27 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1 - Just open up already

Post by L-Jimmy Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:30 pm

Snatchpato wrote:Personally not touching any of Ponga, Walsh, Miller or Savage at this stage. I feel like it will be clear after a couple of rounds who to bring in, and no doubt I'll have a failing gun/subgun that I can trade out to facilitate if needed.

Ok, so who're you thinking of? Teddy, Tturbo, Sloan, Meaney, TMM? Can see the arguments for each tbf
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1  - Just open up already - Page 27 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1 - Just open up already

Post by my tv broke Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:51 pm

Walsh will be first picked for the MTB's. I haven't checked his price yet.

Pros:
    -great looking
    -loves to party
    -i'm sure he has 'x-factor' or something
    -plays for the Broncos

Cons:
    -plays for the Broncos

That's enough planning for now.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:59 pm

mattnz wrote:

Note that the team selector at footystats doesn't include Dolphins, so you can't select their players that way.

This.. did not occur to me. I'll fix it.. probably next week
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:01 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:Anyone else trying to figure out Savage vs. Walsh vs. Ponga vs. Miller (assuming he signs with the Knights) as 2nd WFB?
    Someone want to crunch numbers and tell me who is going to make the transition up to sub-gun status and make me some coin while putting up 45+ scores on the weekly?

One of them has a career average of 50 with multiple banners. I think it's Ponga by the length of the straight
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:01 pm

Thanks for the feedback / thoughts / ramble.
    I'm going Teddy, Walsh, Savage atm
    Even as a Knights fan I'm sus on Ponga's health and impact at 6.
    I've picked up Hastings to partner Chin and his stats from 22 suggest he demands the ball almost every play. The only hope the Knights have is if they allow Hastings to be top-dog on the team and leave Ponga to chime in when it suits him and there's a scoring play on.

They aren't gonna set the world on fire, but hopefully win enough to end up somewhere between 8th and 12th.

EDIT: Ponga & Miller are worth watching, but atm if I'm running Hastings & Elliot, I need WFBs from other teams to avoid bye issues.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:43 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

One of them has a career average of 50 with multiple banners. I think it's Ponga by the length of the straight

Ponga at fullback would be good at that price, but I don't think he'll score well at 5/8. That said it'll be nice for him to have HLF dual and then move back to fullback like he did in 2019.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:00 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Ummm, did you miss MTB's earlier post about Walsh's stunning good looks?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:18 pm

Yet another redo of my team, thoughts?

Clark
    Murray, Cheese, Gilbert
    Hosking, Katoa
    Cleary, Doueihi
    Thompson, Reimis
    Savage, Miller, Gennings

Hastings, Hopgood, T Boyd, Matamua

Mapapalangi, Talau, AKP, Sadrugu (placeholder)

I downgraded Munster to Doueihi to fund upgrading Trell to Murray, I think Doueihi can match Munster for 100k less and Murray is there as an alternate captaincy option and to shore up my MIDs.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:24 pm

Warriors:

Warriors coach comments from NRL website

Barnett and Niukore will play EDG/MID
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:58 pm

Snatchpato wrote:Personally not touching any of Ponga, Walsh, Miller or Savage at this stage.

I'm touching Walsh at every opportunity, he's such a dreamboat and I'm quite handsy
    t43597
    t43597

Post by t43597 Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:01 pm

Bethany_B wrote:Yet another redo of my team, thoughts?

Clark
    Murray, Cheese, Gilbert
    Hosking, Katoa
    Cleary, Doueihi
    Thompson, Reimis
    Savage, Miller, Gennings

I downgraded Munster to Doueihi to fund upgrading Trell to Murray, I think Doueihi can match Munster for 100k less and Murray is there as an alternate captaincy option and to shore up my MIDs.

I like it. I've also gone down the path of cheap centres and loading up elsewhere. Decent depth between 14-17. I have my doubts about that WFB line but no doubt all 3 could have break out seasons. Im a big fan of Murray as a 2nd captaincy option too.

Its a lot different to my team as well.

Mine looks like

Grant (vc)
    Elliott, Cheese, Paseka
    Gilbert, Garner
    Cleary (c), Burton
    Thompson, Averillo
    Tedesco, CNK, TMM

Hastings, E.Katoa, Stone, Blore
    Nikorima, AKP, Sloan, Talau

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:25 pm

t43597 wrote:

I like it. I've also gone down the path of cheap centres and loading up elsewhere. Decent depth between 14-17. I have my doubts about that WFB line but no doubt all 3 could have break out seasons. Im a big fan of Murray as a 2nd captaincy option too.

Mine looks like

Grant (vc)
    Elliott, Cheese, Paseka
    Gilbert, Garner
    Cleary (c), Burton
    Thompson, Averillo
    Tedesco, CNK, TMM

What's the deal with Paseka? I haven't really thought of him as an option.

As for the WFB line, I think Savage and Miller are pretty safe bets, and Gennings is also a safe bet as long as Papenhuyzen is out for at least the first month or two (which seems likely).
    t43597
    t43597

Post by t43597 Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:39 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

What's the deal with Paseka? I haven't really thought of him as an option.

As for the WFB line, I think Savage and Miller are pretty safe bets, and Gennings is also a safe bet as long as Papenhuyzen is out for at least the first month or two (which seems likely).

Yeah, dont get me wrong, i dont mind Savage, Miller or Gennings. Starting all 3 could well pay off but i like having 1 genuine gun in that line. To be honest it just feels safer. If you like all 3, go with it, there is certainly no rules relating to structuring a team, or at least no rules that shouldn't be broken.

Paseka is a favourite of mine. Apparantly Seibold rates him highly and could well be in for a decent increase in work load. I think he has the athleticism and reckon he might be encouraged to offload more often. I must admit, it could definitely fail but at his price range i think im willing to take the punt.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:26 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Ponga at fullback would be good at that price, but I don't think he'll score well at 5/8. That said it'll be nice for him to have HLF dual and then move back to fullback like he did in 2019.

idk, I'm not really taking notice of Ponga's 5/8th stats from when he was 19. He's not really a big metre-eating, tough hit-up fullback, and he pretty much plays as 5/8th ball in hand in attack anyway. Position switch could mean extra tackles and KMs with no real reduction in attacking stats. The main negative - and it's a big one - is that he's already bloody injured.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:28 pm

Crichton to Bulldogs next year, 4 year deal for $3.3M+

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2023-stephen-crichton-signs-with-bulldogs-canterburybankstown-penrith-panthers-signings-contracts-transfers-hoops/news-story/5ca2dc0d1f599b4deb7e703954cf170e
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:00 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

Ok, so who're you thinking of? Teddy, Tturbo, Sloan, Meaney, TMM? Can see the arguments for each tbf
    Changed my mind on Miller after comparing stats and price. At fullback low score of 25 high of 67 for a 50 average. Even if he has more 25s than 67s he'll still average around 35-40 which is a solid 6-11 points of value. Don't really like many other options at WFB tbh.

Current backline of Latrell Teddy and Miller.

Full team as of now:
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:20 pm

t43597 wrote:

Mine looks like

Grant (vc)
    Elliott, Cheese, Paseka
    Gilbert, Garner
    Cleary (c), Burton
    Thompson, Averillo
    Tedesco, CNK, TMM

Not a bad set-up.
    I'm impressed that you managed to fit Chin / Teddy & Grant into your 1-17.
    Adds Burton and you have scoring potential to burn.
    Questions/issues:
    Blore at Edge - surely he's a small minute bench forwards behind I.Pap & Batman.
    If an injury strikes, grab him, but until then, avoid.
    E.Katoa is a wait and see team lists, Niko is a bench half, AKP may not get a run.
    I'd try to fill 18 - 21 with players who have confirmed starting spots (if possible).
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:27 pm

Bethany_B wrote:Yet another redo of my team, thoughts?

Clark
    Murray, Cheese, Gilbert
    Hosking, Katoa
    Cleary, Doueihi
    Thompson, Reimis
    Savage, Miller, Gennings

Thoughts for you -
    what happens if/when Roosters/Souths/Dolphins hit their bye?
    You have 4 middles, and playing 1 as a hooker
    You are running with 3 hookers - 2 DPPs, both in your starting 13 and Boyd as reserve. This feels like a risk when you consider your lack of depth in the middle.

Bench has 2 Edge forwards, 3 halves, 1 centre and 2 WFBS.
    You need a spare middle.
    t43597
    t43597

Post by t43597 Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:31 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

Not a bad set-up.
    I'm impressed that you managed to fit Chin / Teddy & Grant into your 1-17.
    Adds Burton and you have scoring potential to burn.
    Questions/issues:
    Blore at Edge - surely he's a small minute bench forwards behind I.Pap & Batman.
    If an injury strikes, grab him, but until then, avoid.
    E.Katoa is a wait and see team lists, Niko is a bench half, AKP may not get a run.
    I'd try to fill 18 - 21 with players who have confirmed starting spots (if possible).

Thanks for your thoughts. Yeah E.Katoa is very much a wait and see. I feel like Niko will be at 14 and as such he is just a placeholder. Im fairly sure he wont make my final side. AKP is likely to play early from all reports. Blore is an interesting proposition, on face value he shouldnt see many minutes but i think he can be very influential. Again, not sure he makes my final side.

As the season gets closer, im sure my bench will change substantially. I may look at dropping one mid-pricer down and solidifying the 18-21 spots as i do think that depth will be crucial this season.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:55 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    Changed my mind on Miller after comparing stats and price. At fullback low score of 25 high of 67 for a 50 average. Even if he has more 25s than 67s he'll still average around 35-40 which is a solid 6-11 points of value. Don't really like many other options at WFB tbh.

Current backline of Latrell Teddy and Miller.

Full team as of now:

I've tried before and never been a fan of stacking the WFB early season. Yes the average is nice, but if they get a slow start it can be crippling having 750k+ scoring 20s-30s

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:07 pm