NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1 - Just open up already

Lchy
    Lchy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1  - Just open up already - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1 - Just open up already

Post by Lchy Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:31 pm

Thrown together a very rough first draft with an insanely light back 5 and I don't hate it - feel free to peruse to enhance your own opinion of team make-up

Spoiler:

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1  - Just open up already - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1 - Just open up already

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:40 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Latest news out of Tigers puts me off Blore. With Ipap and Bateman edge that leave Blore with a small minute role off the bench. Doesn't matter too much until team lists but Luke seems to have the most secure role (25-30 minutes off the bench)

Sheens not confident Bateman will be here for R1
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:06 pm

WT2K wrote:

Sheens not confident Bateman will be here for R1

What’s Bateman doing lol? Doesn’t bode well
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:30 pm

The one player I am hot on which nobody else is talking about is Kelma Tuilagi, so I am going to talk about Kelma Tuilagi and you can all sit there and read about me talking about Kelma Tuilagi. Assuming he walks straight onto that left edge, he already averages 40 points for a 74 minute average when priced at 35 due to some unlucky injuries, HIAs and starts off the bench. But he also made that 40 average without a single try all season, and I have some gut feels on Schuster putting him through a bunch of holes. There was plenty of work on the left edge last season with Davey averaging 27 tackles in 11 games (74 min average). Kelma is an absolute beast and he seems like he has a lot of improvement in him still, I could see him stepping up with a season under his belt and a new club /coach to try and impress. He has both offloads and tacklebreaks in his arsenal so his game is fantasy friendly, the biggest drawback are his missed tackles (>3 per game in 2022!), but they may well take care of themselves if the Sea Eagles can be a better defensive side than the West Tigers. Think I can see the ten points of value I require in Kelma. Wouldn't surprise me if he averaged 50 and was a subgun POD either. Thanks for listening to my Tuilagi Talk.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:41 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:The one player I am hot on which nobody else is talking about is Kelma Tuilagi, so I am going to talk about Kelma Tuilagi and you can all sit there and read about me talking about Kelma Tuilagi. Assuming he walks straight onto that left edge, he already averages 40 points for a 74 minute average when priced at 35 due to some unlucky injuries, HIAs and starts off the bench. But he also made that 40 average without a single try all season, and I have some gut feels on Schuster putting him through a bunch of holes. There was plenty of work on the left edge last season with Davey averaging 27 tackles in 11 games (74 min average). The guy is an absolute beast and he seems like he has a lot of improvement in him still, I could see him stepping up with a season under his belt and a new club /coach to try and impress. He has both offloads and tacklebreaks in his arsenal so his game is fantasy friendly, the biggest drawback are his missed tackles (>3 per game in 2022!), but they may well take care of themselves if the Sea Eagles can be a better defensive side than the West Tigers). Think I can see the ten points of value I require in Kelma. Wouldn't surprise me if he averaged 50 and was a subgun POD either. Thanks for listening to my Tuilagi Talk.

Thanks for sharing.

Its looking like there are lots of other options available at EDG which are going to be cheaper, some could provide similar output and some are dual as well. I have these 6 in my current team:
    Doorey
    Hetherington
    Dunn
    Loiero
    Hopgood
    Garner

I find it hard to fit in Tuilagi as well.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:48 pm

Great post about kelma thank you

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:02 am

mattnz wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

Its looking like there are lots of other options available at EDG which are going to be cheaper, some could provide similar output and some are dual as well. I have these 6 in my current team:
    Doorey
    Hetherington
    Dunn
    Loiero
    Hopgood
    Garner

Yeah throw Katoa in there as well, once the storm teach him how to catch and pass a football he could have way more upside for cheaper.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:16 am

Pookus McFly wrote:The one player I am hot on which nobody else is talking about is Kelma Tuilagi, so I am going to talk about Kelma Tuilagi and you can all sit there and read about me talking about Kelma Tuilagi. Assuming he walks straight onto that left edge, he already averages 40 points for a 74 minute average when priced at 35 due to some unlucky injuries, HIAs and starts off the bench. But he also made that 40 average without a single try all season, and I have some gut feels on Schuster putting him through a bunch of holes. There was plenty of work on the left edge last season with Davey averaging 27 tackles in 11 games (74 min average). Kelma is an absolute beast and he seems like he has a lot of improvement in him still, I could see him stepping up with a season under his belt and a new club /coach to try and impress. He has both offloads and tacklebreaks in his arsenal so his game is fantasy friendly, the biggest drawback are his missed tackles (>3 per game in 2022!), but they may well take care of themselves if the Sea Eagles can be a better defensive side than the West Tigers. Think I can see the ten points of value I require in Kelma. Wouldn't surprise me if he averaged 50 and was a subgun POD either. Thanks for listening to my Tuilagi Talk.

Worth considering. Main question is whether the HIAs and injuries are "unlucky" or whether he's one of those who'll always be wrapped in bandages.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:16 am

Pookus McFly wrote:The one player I am hot on which nobody else is talking about is Kelma Tuilagi, so I am going to talk about Kelma Tuilagi and you can all sit there and read about me talking about Kelma Tuilagi. Assuming he walks straight onto that left edge, he already averages 40 points for a 74 minute average when priced at 35 due to some unlucky injuries, HIAs and starts off the bench. But he also made that 40 average without a single try all season, and I have some gut feels on Schuster putting him through a bunch of holes. There was plenty of work on the left edge last season with Davey averaging 27 tackles in 11 games (74 min average). Kelma is an absolute beast and he seems like he has a lot of improvement in him still, I could see him stepping up with a season under his belt and a new club /coach to try and impress. He has both offloads and tacklebreaks in his arsenal so his game is fantasy friendly, the biggest drawback are his missed tackles (>3 per game in 2022!), but they may well take care of themselves if the Sea Eagles can be a better defensive side than the West Tigers. Think I can see the ten points of value I require in Kelma. Wouldn't surprise me if he averaged 50 and was a subgun POD either. Thanks for listening to my Tuilagi Talk.

Love your work Pookus.
    Tuilagi has been locked into the Bludgers Edge from the get-go.
    Hastings / Tuilagi / Chin / Teddy / Cheese are my definites.
    Everyone else is up for grabs, change, draft crappola etc. etc.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:21 am

mattnz wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

Doorey
    Hetherington
    Dunn
    Loiero
    Hopgood
    Garner

Surely 6 Edges is OTT??
    Is Doorey locked in asa starting Edge at the Eels?
    I know Luki is injured, but is Dunn the starting Edge with Nanai at the Cows?
    Bellyache may run Loiero, but Katoa could.also score the role.
    Garner or Hoskings? Is Hetho going to be on the Edge or will the Knights run Fritzell / Fitzgibbon (a la` 2022)?

Just a few question marks.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:31 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:

Thoughts for you -
    what happens if/when Roosters/Souths/Dolphins hit their bye?
    You have 4 middles, and playing 1 as a hooker
    You are running with 3 hookers - 2 DPPs, both in your starting 13 and Boyd as reserve. This feels like a risk when you consider your lack of depth in the middle.

Bench has 2 Edge forwards, 3 halves, 1 centre and 2 WFBS.
    You need a spare middle.

I actually have 5 middles - Hopgood and Clark will both get MID dual (and if Clark doesn't get it it'd be because he's on the bench in which case I would replace him with someone else), and only two of them have early byes (Cheese round 4, Clark round 5). The rest of them have first byes in round 11 (Gilbert), 14 (Hopgood) and 16 (Murray though he would miss 13 and 14 to Origin)

With that said I will probably add one more MID in if we get one that's cheap enough - and if Matamua actually starts at 13 as is rumoured, then he'll get it too in which case I'll have 6 MIDs
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:32 am

mattnz wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

Doorey
    Hetherington
    Dunn
    Loiero
    Hopgood
    Garner

I currently have Loeiro, Hopgood and Garner in my team, not sure I have enough faith in those other three until I see it on TLT. Either way its an easy downgrade to them if something turns up. Kelma looks so snug in my second row :3

Genderbender wrote:

Yeah throw Katoa in there as well, once the storm teach him how to catch and pass a football he could have way more upside for cheaper.
    I am torn on Katoa- he’s a good handcuff on Loiero, but he’s an awkward price to stash in the reserves and nobody I want in my 17 if he isn’t starting.

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:Great post about kelma thank you

No, I must insist on thanking YOU, Sir!

_______

For reference, Tuilagi looking all cute in my team:

Clark
    Elliott Horsburgh Sutton
    Tuilagi Love Garner
    Cleary Hastings
    Thompson Talau
    Tedesco Ponga Miller
    BSmith Hopgood Kenny Loeiro
    Stone Sloan Alamoti VTW/AKP

Happy with this draft, might need to rejig with consideration to HTF or Averillo playing fullback.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:50 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

What’s Bateman doing lol? Doesn’t bode well

Visa issues
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:56 am

WT2K wrote:

Visa issues

Sounds like they expect him to be over for the second trial though?
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:58 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Worth considering. Main question is whether the HIAs and injuries are "unlucky" or whether he's one of those who'll always be wrapped in bandages.

A fair concern, you prompted me to look a little into his HIA history

“When I was with Melbourne, I played in a Queensland Cup game in 2019 [with Easts Tigers] when I was concussed badly – I was knocked out,” Tuilagi said. “I missed two weeks. But when I came back from concussion, we were playing against Redcliffe and I remember telling the trainers how I didn’t know where I was, and my vision was blurry and I felt dizzy. I hadn’t even been hit that game. So I came from the field in the first half, did the HIA and failed. It’s a scary thing. My partner is the only one who knows more about it because she’s read up about it. It actually ended my season that year. Even when I went into the pre-season [the following year] I was still under concussion protocols. I take head knocks seriously. That’s why I didn’t want to risk it [earlier this season]. That’s how it is. I had headaches for a couple of days, but then I was sweet.”

Eeeeeeee Razz *loosens collar*

I’m still on board cheer
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:00 am

Made a team. Pretty vanilla. Know it will be nothing like this come TLT. Absolutely hate my centres, tempted to ditch Hastings and spend up on one of them.

Hodgson
    BSmith, Elliott, TPJ
    Katoa, Garner
    Cleary, Burton
    Thompson, Talau
    Tedesco, Savage, Perham

Hastings, Boyd, Hopgood, Hetherington
    Doorey, TMM, Gennings, Alamonti

Last edited by rhinoceroo on Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:06 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:

Love your work Pookus.
    Tuilagi has been locked into the Bludgers Edge from the get-go.
    Hastings / Tuilagi / Chin / Teddy / Cheese are my definites.
    Everyone else is up for grabs, change, draft crappola etc. etc.

Yasssss!  cheer Well that only leaves one all important question- Tuilagi Train,  Tuilagi Party, or Tuilagimardigras? Dance
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:08 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

Yasssss!  cheer Well that only leaves one all important question- Tuilagi Train,  Tuilagi Party, or Tuilagimardigras? Dance

Kelmania!
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:21 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Made a team. Pretty vanilla. Know it will be nothing like this come TLT. Absolutely hate my centres, tempted to ditch Hastings and spend up on one of them.

Hodgson
    BSmith, Elliott, TPJ
    Katoa, Garner
    Cleary, Burton
    Thompson, Milne
    Tedesco, Savage, Perham

Burton is such a hard one for me. Averaged 41.1 in his first 8 games (0 tries), 63.5 in his next 8 games (3 tries) and 46.1 in his last 8 games (3 tries). Interested on your thoughts on him, are you backing the Bulldogs to click?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:23 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Made a team. Pretty vanilla. Know it will be nothing like this come TLT. Absolutely hate my centres, tempted to ditch Hastings and spend up on one of them.

Hodgson
    BSmith, Elliott, TPJ
    Katoa, Garner
    Cleary, Burton
    Thompson, Milne
    Tedesco, Savage, Perham

Milne is suspended for round 1 and no guarantees that he starts round 2.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:08 pm