NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1 - Just open up already

Lchy
    Lchy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1  - Just open up already - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1 - Just open up already

Post by Lchy Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:56 pm

What happens when we go to a new page?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1  - Just open up already - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1 - Just open up already

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:08 pm

Working better now lol
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:36 pm

what did I just step into?

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:38 pm

Clack Bocks wrote:what did I just step into?

The Sith mode

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:41 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I would downgrade either Cotter or Carrigan to Erin Clark (assuming he gets MID dual and is playing middle only) and use the money to improve CTR and WFB.

Also, Sheens has apparently said that Matamua will be the starting lock, so if that ends up being true, he will be a must have (EDG 230k)

Info from WT training yesterday:

Caught some of the training session yesterday, Matamua featured heavily in the starting side(expect he will be our lock-very agile). Also Douehi/Brooks will be halves combo; Naden & TT likely centres; Noffa and Ken wing spots the way they were lining up. Interesting Blore was running out wide-at times swapping with Noffa. He also put a shot on Junior T (cut him in half). Was great to see Ice and API first to each training drill and big talkers. I know it's only training but there was such a good vibe around the training session.
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:43 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Matamua is your only cover at MID and Smith (one of your MIDs) is you HOK cover. You are very light on in the forwards and will suffer if anyone is out during byes

yeah it looks better when I go Carrigan and then get in Katoa/Loiero and then Hopgood can cover Mid when he gets DPP.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:48 pm

When did Musk buy up the fanatics?
    t43597
    t43597

Post by t43597 Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:50 pm

WT2K wrote:

Info from WT training yesterday:

Caught some of the training session yesterday, Matamua featured heavily in the starting side(expect he will be our lock-very agile). Also Douehi/Brooks will be halves combo; Naden & TT likely centres; Noffa and Ken wing spots the way they were lining up. Interesting Blore was running out wide-at times swapping with Noffa. He also put a shot on Junior T (cut him in half). Was great to see Ice and API first to each training drill and big talkers. I know it's only training but there was such a good vibe around the training session.

Cheers for that insight. Seems like Matamua's stocks are constantly rising. I think the Tigers have a very exciting team this year. Great forwards and Api providing quick delivery i expect will create plenty of attacking opportunities for the edges and backline. Hopefully barring any injuries, the halves combination will get a great opportunity to gel and should only improve with more continuity.

We will have to wait til pre season games to get an opportunity to see this but i'll definitely be looking closely at the forwards rotation.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:06 pm

t43597 wrote:

Cheers for that insight. Seems like Matamua's stocks are constantly rising. I think the Tigers have a very exciting team this year. Great forwards and Api providing quick delivery i expect will create plenty of attacking opportunities for the edges and backline. Hopefully barring any injuries, the halves combination will get a great opportunity to gel and should only improve with more continuity.

We will have to wait til pre season games to get an opportunity to see this but i'll definitely be looking closely at the forwards rotation.

Their pack now is terrific on paper with some young guns apparently coming too, but for fantasy purposes all the established players seem priced at peak.

1-5 is still the worst in the league other than the Warriors and I don't particularly rate their halves either. Also remains to be seen whether their coach is up with modern rugby league.

9th?
    t43597
    t43597

Post by t43597 Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:25 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Their pack now is terrific on paper with some young guns apparently coming too, but for fantasy purposes all the established players seem priced at peak.

1-5 is still the worst in the league other than the Warriors and I don't particularly rate their halves either. Also remains to be seen whether their coach is up with modern rugby league.

9th?

Yeah I agree with you about their established forwards not being relevant for fantasy. I dont rate their backline either but i think they should have plenty of opportunities. I think they are one good fullback and maybe a decent centre/wing away from being very dangerous on paper. Whether that translates to actual success remains to be seen. There are always plenty of intangibles that affect how competitive a team is. You addressed the coaching factor too. I think they really should be in the mix for finals but who knows if that eventuates.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:52 pm

Greetings friends! cheer
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:54 pm

mattnz wrote:I finally have a reasonably balanced team that I am happy with, which has decent strength and cover in each position and a strong bench, with a very playable 19, which will be important this season. It relies on Bird playing at lock in charity shield to slot him in at CTR.

Smith
    Cotter Elliott Harris
    Garner Hopgood
    Cleary Hastings
    Bird Thompson
    Miller Perham AKP

Douehi Boyd Hetherington Dunn
    Doorey Matamua Talau G. Jennings

$1k spare

Traded Hynes out before round 1 this time?  Much better tactic mate! Good luck this year.
    t43597
    t43597

Post by t43597 Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:56 pm

My latest effort. 0k itb

Grant
    Cheese, Paseka, Wallace
    Garner, Hopgood
    Cleary, Burton
    Thompson, Hammer
    Teddy, Miller, CNK

Hastings, E.Clark, TMM, Stone
    Moale, Alamoti, Talau, Howarth/Matamua

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:28 pm

wolfking wrote:Greetings friends! cheer

Piss off!!!!!!!!! :pp:
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:37 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Piss off!!!!!!!!! :pp:

Beer Flip Off

Haven't really kept up with anything in terms of news and whatnot. Seems pretty wild people coming up with so many drafts this early out. I'll log in at TLT and throw something together.

To be honest, I'm not that keen this year. Not sure I have the energy and time to invest into it like usual but this place keeps me playing. I'm sure that will change though and I probably say the same thing every year lol.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:09 pm

wolfking wrote:

Beer  Flip Off

Haven't really kept up with anything in terms of news and whatnot.  Seems pretty wild people coming up with so many drafts this early out.  I'll log in at TLT and throw something together.

To be honest, I'm not that keen this year.  Not sure I have the energy and time to invest into it like usual but this place keeps me playing.  I'm sure that will change though and I probably say the same thing every year lol.

Good to see you back Wolfy!

Distinct lack of gags / shitposting at this early stage but I keep checking in hope anyway as it keeps me from doing something productive (heaven forbid).

It's always hard to drum up enthusiasm when the season is still a while away unless you're the kind of bandit for it that loves trawling through fan forums, twitter feeds and discord channels.

Once we get to trials and the info gets a bit more solid (and more importantly the shitposting increases) it will suck you back in again, guaranteed.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:28 pm

mattnz wrote:

The key sentence in the article

"As Perham is the likely choice to start at fullback, Averillo will move to the centres alongside Paul Alamoti who is destined to be a breakout star this season."

As a general rule I tend to avoid guys with 20+ games that are close to base price. Generally they are priced that way because they are poor fantasy scorers. I'll be all over Alamtoi though. I'm a sucker for a base price outside back I've never seen play that will be in reserve grade by round 4
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:43 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

As a general rule I tend to avoid guys with 20+ games that are close to base price. Generally they are priced that way because they are poor fantasy scorers. I'll be all over Alamtoi though. I'm a sucker for a base price outside back I've never seen play that will be in reserve grade by round 4

I see Perham's 45 average at fullback in reserve grade as more indicative of his potential, after having a full preseason training in that position, than his bit part opportunities occasionally filling in at center or wing in first grade. Many won't see that upside potential and will miss out on him. If he massively falls short of the 45 average and only hits 35, he is still great value at his price point of 21.

Have a look at a guy like Ramsey last season, was averaging 12 on the wing, then moved to fullback and averaged 38.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:18 pm

Hey, so if this forum does go permanently down because of the breathtaking incompetence of our beloved and code-indifferent leader, can we have a backup plan?

MTB, looking at you. Or ytsb? Just someone who'll post a "we've been discovered, assemble at emergency point bravo" sort of text.

Oh and Erin is a trap.

Last edited by L-Jimmy on Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:19 pm

mattnz wrote:

I see Perham's 45 average at fullback in reserve grade as more indicative of his potential, after having a full preseason training in that position, than his bit part opportunities occasionally filling in at center or wing in first grade. Many won't see that upside potential and will miss out on him. If he massively falls short of the 45 average and only hits 35, he is still great value at his price point of 21.

I did a pretty surface level dive into Perham's NSW cup in 2022:

Spoiler:

43.6 avg, LS 31 and HS 62. Average becomes 40.4 without goal kicking where I'd assume he is behind Burton and Averillo. So you're looking at a 40 average in a lower grade of competition where he threw 9 assists in 7 games and all of a sudden he's looking a bit yucky imo. I reckon at this stage I prefer HTF and his DPP for the extra $75k odd.

I'll have a look at him in trials and he's still on my shortlist though. Like you say, full preseason in an improved team and if they click early then he could easily convert some of those attacking stats in first grade and if he can scrap 35 a game in any manner (no diagrams on the scorecard) then I'd be happy as an owner.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:21 am