Some thoughts on next year's draw and its effects on fantasy (I did my last uni exam yesterday, so I figured I'd hop back on here and do some planning for 2023)
* The Warriors and Dolphins are the only teams that have only one bye in the Origin period (round 13-20), so players like Tohu Harris, Mitch Barnett, Josh Curran and any relevant Dolphins players (can't see too many relevant ones in their squad atm) will be very valuable to have over Origin
* The Storm, Broncos, Dolphins, Warriors, Panthers and Roosters are the best teams to have Origin players in, as they play all three backup rounds (14, 17, 20) and none of them have a turnaround of less than 3 days for Origin players. Odds are your big Origin players would miss 4 games instead of the minimum of 3 anyway, but if you must hold Origin players over the period, guys like Munster and Teddy are probably the best bets (Storm and Roosters also have very appealing draws for the run home based on current expectations but we saw this year how wrong those can be)
* The Cowboys, Eels, Rabbitohs, Broncos and Bulldogs are the only teams who do not have any byes between round 1 and 12, so those would be the best teams for buying "anchor" players from (e.g. Cotter, Haas, Moses, Cook, Burton). Of these the Eels are probably the best to have as a full year hold, as they play all three Origin rounds, so you'll want at least one or two non-Origin Eels players.
* Dragons, Manly and Penrith players will be more poddish than usual, due to their early byes so if you're channeling your inner mattnz, you might want to look at guys from those teams (e.g. Bunt, Olakau'atu, Yeo, To'o). It also might scare a few people off starting with Turbo but given how cheap Turbo will likely be (based on his 2022 average, around 500k), I doubt many will leave him out.
* The Storm play the Eels, Bulldogs, Titans and Tigers in the first 4 rounds. This makes players Papenhuyzen more appealing, as the last two years, he's started on fire before going down around round 9-10. Obviously depends on how he's going with the injury but if he's looking fit and healthy, he's my first player picked.
* The Cowboys early draw is even better, with the Raiders, Broncos, Warriors, Titans, Bulldogs, Dolphins, Warriors and Knights in the first 8 rounds, so guys like Robson could benefit a lot.