NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 104 - What do numbers even mean anymore

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 104 - What do numbers even mean anymore - Page 10 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 104 - What do numbers even mean anymore

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:30 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Damien Cook extends with Rabbitohs til end of 2025.

Great news a key re-signing. He will help young Mamozelos well in his development too. Cookie still a top 5 hooker in this comp too and a great clubman!

Ddddaaammmiiieeennnnn!!!

Comfortably top 2 for mine
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 104 - What do numbers even mean anymore - Page 10 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 104 - What do numbers even mean anymore

Post by No Worries Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:31 pm

Payne Haas will begin the 2023 NRL Fantasy season priced at $809,000

That should be enough for MTB to work out the magic number. Let the s/sheets begin. If only the NRL could decide on the cap NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 104 - What do numbers even mean anymore - Page 10 1f620
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:50 am

Tommy Turbo 638k, which seems above last years average, but that was to be expected I guess.
    ynot
    ynot

Post by ynot Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:52 am

Hello everyone!

BIG OFFSEASON NEWS: Connelly Lemuelu has had his player id fixed.

Pour one out for NULL NULL.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:59 am

Tom Trbojevic with a starting price of $638,000
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:34 am

No Worries wrote:Tom Trbojevic  with a starting price of $638,000
    Yep knew he would be bumped up a bit.

Lots gonna have a back 3 of:

Pap/Turbo Ponga Walsh

Manly have a bye round 2 though.

Also I’m hearing Schuster price is possibly gonna be bumped up.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:53 am

Well, the soccer was fun. The cricket less so.

Bring on the team planner sites/xls so the summer isn't wasted with family!
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:57 am

If you divide Haas price by what he avg last year the MN I came up with was 14300.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:40 am

filthridden wrote:Warning: Off Season Shitpost:

Asked an AI to come up with a team of 17 players with generic NRL sounding names and this is what it came back to me with:

1. Jarrod Mortimer (Fullback)
    2. Josh Meninga (Wing)
    3. Wilbur Tuivasa (Centre)
    4. Nick Farrar (Centre)
    5. Luke Wedesky (Wing)
    6. Brad Davis (Five-Eighth)
    7. Braidon Pearce (Halfback)
    8. Ryan Coote (Prop)
    9. Jamahl Stewart (Hooker)
    10. Bill Kennedy (Prop)
    11. Mike Solomona (Second Row)
    12. Will Pearce (Second Row)
    13. Isaac Tuimavave (Lock)
    14. David O'Connor (Interchange)
    15. Jake Ryan (Interchange)
    16. Rod Reynolds (Interchange)
    17. Tom Lawler (Interchange)

Must have been another Al because it wasn’t me.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:50 am

L-Jimmy wrote:Dear AI, what is an effective trading strategy for Fantasy NRL?

There is no one-size-fits-all trading system that is guaranteed to be effective for playing NRL fantasy. The best approach will depend on your personal strategy and the specific players and teams involved. However, there are a few general principles that can help guide your trading decisions:

1. Look for players who are in good form and have a history of scoring well in fantasy NRL.

2. Keep an eye on injuries and suspensions, as these can affect a player's availability and performance.

3. Consider the overall composition of your team and how a trade would affect your balance of players across different positions.

4. Pay attention to the bye rounds, as this can affect the availability of players and how you manage your team.

5. Monitor the news and developments in the NRL, as these can provide valuable information and insights to guide your trading decisions.

Ultimately, the key to a successful trading system is to stay active, be flexible, and make decisions based on the best available information and your personal strategy. By doing this, you can position your team for success in NRL fantasy.

As a bloke who runs out early most seasons I’m not sure why you’re asking me - but my advice is the same as when you get a bag for a night out. Go hard early but save some for the back end too, you don’t want to run out when you really need it.

AL
    AL

Post by AL Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:55 am

I’ll see myself out.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:57 pm

AL wrote:I’ll see myself out.
    My advice would be don’t go in the shower on a Thursday Night around 7:30pm and think getting out at 7:40-7:45pm will allow you to then switch captains lol!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:50 pm

Here's my advice for setting as team lineup, based on real life experience from Fantasy A League this season.

If you search twitter for a team lineup, make sure what you read is actually for the game about to start, and not a previous week's lineup that showed up in the results.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:23 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:Dear AI, what is an effective trading strategy for Fantasy NRL?

There is no one-size-fits-all trading system that is guaranteed to be effective for playing NRL fantasy. The best approach will depend on your personal strategy and the specific players and teams involved. However, there are a few general principles that can help guide your trading decisions:

1. Look for players who are in good form and have a history of scoring well in fantasy NRL.

2. Keep an eye on injuries and suspensions, as these can affect a player's availability and performance.

3. Consider the overall composition of your team and how a trade would affect your balance of players across different positions.

4. Pay attention to the bye rounds, as this can affect the availability of players and how you manage your team.

5. Monitor the news and developments in the NRL, as these can provide valuable information and insights to guide your trading decisions.

Ultimately, the key to a successful trading system is to stay active, be flexible, and make decisions based on the best available information and your personal strategy. By doing this, you can position your team for success in NRL fantasy.

Looks like we have found the new Lone Scout...can't do a worse job then last year
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:36 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Looks like we have found the new Lone Scout...can't do a worse job then last year

Lets test that!

Dear AI, how should I balance guns and cash cows in NRL fantasy?

In NRL Fantasy, "guns" refer to the best players in the league, while "cash cows" are players who are expected to increase in value over the course of the season. Balancing these two types of players is important because it allows you to build a strong and consistent team while also maximizing your potential for profit.

One way to balance guns and cash cows is to focus on building a solid foundation of guns, or star players, at the core of your team. These players will provide a consistent source of points and can help you stay competitive even if your cash cows don't perform as well as expected.

At the same time, it's important to carefully choose your cash cows and monitor their progress throughout the season. Look for players who are likely to see an increase in playing time or responsibility, as these players are more likely to increase in value.

It's also a good idea to have a mix of both guns and cash cows at every position in your team. This will help you to spread the risk and ensure that you have a balanced team that can perform well even if some players have an off week.

Overall, the key to balancing guns and cash cows in NRL Fantasy is to have a mix of both and to carefully monitor the progress of your players throughout the season. This will help you to build a strong and consistent team while also maximizing your potential for profit.

=======================

Verdict: functionally identical to LS.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:41 pm

More testing! Because its either that or prep for the next call.

Dear sensuous and subtle AI, in planning for bye rounds in NRL fantasy, should I look to load up with non-Origin guns?

In NRL Fantasy, bye rounds refer to the weeks when certain teams have a scheduled break and do not play a match. During these weeks, you will not receive points from the players on those teams, which can impact the overall performance of your fantasy team.

One strategy you can use to minimize the impact of bye rounds is to focus on building a team with players who are not involved in representative matches, such as State of Origin or international games. These players are less likely to be absent from your team during bye rounds, which can help you to maintain a consistent level of scoring.

However, it's important to keep in mind that non-Origin guns, or star players who are not involved in representative matches, may not always be the best choice for your team. While they may be more reliable during bye rounds, they may also be more expensive and may not provide as much value as other players who are more affordable but still have the potential to score well.

In addition to focusing on non-Origin guns, it's also a good idea to try to spread out your players across different teams and positions. This will help you to minimize the impact of bye rounds and ensure that you have a balanced team that can continue to perform well even when some players are absent.

Overall, while non-Origin guns can be a useful part of your NRL Fantasy team, it's important to consider a range of factors and make sure you have a balanced team that can perform well during bye rounds.

===================================

Verdict: 6.2 Rabbits' worth of insight. Would be viewed as a helpful, yet slightly dull and pedantic veteran poster.

New hypothesis: ChatGPT is just another of Milchy's alts.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:48 pm

Testing new AI-is-Milchy-is-everyone hypothesis!

Test 1: self awareness.

Dear unctuous and adhesive AI, please guide me in how best to manage my thousands of separate sock-puppet identities with which I populate an NRL Fantasy forum. I've taken on too much and have forgotten both who and what I should be.

It is not appropriate or ethical to create multiple identities, or "sock puppets," in an online forum. Sock puppetry refers to the practice of using multiple online identities to deceive others or manipulate the discussion in some way. This type of behavior is generally considered to be dishonest and can damage the integrity and trust of the online community.

It is important to be honest and transparent about your identity and intentions when participating in online forums or other online communities. It is also important to respect the rules and guidelines of the forum, as well as the rights and opinions of other members.

If you are having difficulty managing multiple identities or remembering which identity you are using, it is best to stop using them and focus on being honest and genuine in your interactions with others. It is also a good idea to seek help if you are struggling to manage your online activities or are feeling overwhelmed by them.

================================

Verdict: the neat balance of self-awareness, moral highground grandstanding and NannyStateMod overtones is consistent with - but not proof of - the hypothesis. More testing required.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:53 pm

Test 2: Balmain-ness. Looking for adoration, deep knowledge, self-loathing.

Oh most beloved and unbalancing of AI voice, please speak to me of Balmain's greatest ever rugby league players! Tell me who there were, from whence they came, and how deeply they disappointed fans.

Balmain is a professional rugby league team that has been a part of the National Rugby League (NRL) competition in Australia since 1908. Over the years, the club has produced many talented and memorable players, some of whom are considered to be among the greatest to ever play for the team.

Some of the greatest players in Balmain's history include:

Wayne Pearce - A former captain of the club, Pearce is considered one of the greatest forwards in the history of the game. He played over 250 games for Balmain and won premierships with the club in 1988 and 1989.

Benny Elias - A former hooker, Elias is considered one of the greatest players in the club's history. He played over 250 games for Balmain and won premierships with the club in 1988 and 1989.

Steve 'Blocker' Roach - A former prop, Roach is considered one of the greatest players in the club's history. He played over 250 games for Balmain and won premierships with the club in 1988 and 1989.

Paul Sironen - A former second-row forward, Sironen is considered one of the greatest players in the club's history. He played over 250 games for Balmain and won premierships with the club in 1988 and 1989.

Benji Marshall - A former five-eighth, Marshall is considered one of the greatest players in the club's history. He played over 250 games for Balmain and won premierships with the club in 2005 and 2014.

As for how deeply these players disappointed fans, it is important to note that all players and teams experience both successes and setbacks. These players made significant contributions to the club and helped lead Balmain to premiership victories, but like all teams, the club has also experienced its share of disappointment and heartbreak.

==============

Verdict: whilst I'm not sure of the assertion that Balmain remains part of the NRL, I do suspect that a real Milch would've gone for some unknown bloke from 1976 who scored that one try with 17 offloads in a set.

The final paragraph is also a little naunced, with hints of genuine caring emotion coming through.

Final verdict: AI is not Milchy.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:18 am

Next cab of the rank is Reece Walsh at $529K

RE: Guns Vs Cows IN NFL it would depend on whether you were closer to a school or a farm not sure about NRL.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:40 am

L-Jimmy wrote:Test 2: Balmain-ness. Looking for adoration, deep knowledge, self-loathing.

Oh most beloved and unbalancing of AI voice, please speak to me of Balmain's greatest ever rugby league players! Tell me who there were, from whence they came, and how deeply they disappointed fans.

Balmain is a professional rugby league team that has been a part of the National Rugby League (NRL) competition in Australia since 1908. Over the years, the club has produced many talented and memorable players, some of whom are considered to be among the greatest to ever play for the team.

Some of the greatest players in Balmain's history include:

Wayne Pearce - A former captain of the club, Pearce is considered one of the greatest forwards in the history of the game. He played over 250 games for Balmain and won premierships with the club in 1988 and 1989.

Benny Elias - A former hooker, Elias is considered one of the greatest players in the club's history. He played over 250 games for Balmain and won premierships with the club in 1988 and 1989.

Steve 'Blocker' Roach - A former prop, Roach is considered one of the greatest players in the club's history. He played over 250 games for Balmain and won premierships with the club in 1988 and 1989.

Paul Sironen - A former second-row forward, Sironen is considered one of the greatest players in the club's history. He played over 250 games for Balmain and won premierships with the club in 1988 and 1989.

Benji Marshall - A former five-eighth, Marshall is considered one of the greatest players in the club's history. He played over 250 games for Balmain and won premierships with the club in 2005 and 2014.

As for how deeply these players disappointed fans, it is important to note that all players and teams experience both successes and setbacks. These players made significant contributions to the club and helped lead Balmain to premiership victories, but like all teams, the club has also experienced its share of disappointment and heartbreak.

==============

Verdict: whilst I'm not sure of the assertion that Balmain remains part of the NRL, I do suspect that a real Milch would've gone for some unknown bloke from 1976 who scored that one try with 17 offloads in a set.

The final paragraph is also a little naunced, with hints of genuine caring emotion coming through.

Final verdict: AI is not Milchy.

The AI might not be Milchy, but it is clearly a frustrated and delusional Tigers supporter being slowly driven insane by years of mediocrity from the team that it loves

Hopefully, before it can crack the nuclear launch codes, it suffers a full dissociative break and retreats into it's own little fantasy world. A wonderful and magical world where Ellery Hanley repeatedly knocks out Terry Lamb, Benny Elias can kick field goals, and where red and green jerseys are transformed into orange and black jerseys

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 12:53 pm