NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 63 - The decider (not really but I watched the bluey episode today and loved it)

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 63 - The decider (not really but I watched the bluey episode today and loved it) - Page 42 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 63 - The decider (not really but I watched the bluey episode today and loved it)

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:45 am

The Goat Boys wrote:Is it suicide to play with only 16 this week, I am short a center with Crichton and Vailea out. Dont like any of the available centre options really except for Burto but that would mean no DCE
    Honey Badger wrote:
    Are you running with no ctr cover each week?

Valiea can't be relied upon, so it does look like you have Cricthon+1 every week and no real cover.
    Or do you have another CTR who is forced into WFB this week or something?

If Valiea is your only cover, it may be worth finding someone who will actually play. Depends on trade situation - may be worth to just run with 2 CTRs and hope if you can get better improvements from spending trades on the rest of your squad
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 63 - The decider (not really but I watched the bluey episode today and loved it) - Page 42 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 63 - The decider (not really but I watched the bluey episode today and loved it)

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:47 am

Currently looking at this pending Matamua thoughts

Penisini > Matamua
    Mam > DCE
    Lee > Douehi/Latrell

Grouse
    Grouse

Post by Grouse Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:00 am

Have a feeling Ponga is going to have a career defining game tonight. He needs to stand up with the absence of Munster.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:02 am

Grouse wrote:Have a feeling Ponga is going to have a career defining game tonight. He needs to stand up with the absence of Munster.

I fully expect Ponga to get KOd and miss the next two weeks for the Knights.

I hope you are right
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:03 am

Looking to move on Mam and Koula for a better 17th man, but still keep centre cover. Tricky balancing act.

Current centres are Bird + Burton for context, I have 5 + 4 trades before doing anything this week.

Tossing up:

a) Gagai + Doueihi - Gagai a high ceiling dual who's gotten fairly cheap for someone who was over 700k earlier in the year, not the worst 18th man loop option, Doueihi should in theory be a good budget 17th man

b) Pompey + DiFi - Pompey a warm body dual CTR cover with reasonable job security, Mam to DiFi is in theory a pretty big 17th man upgrade

c) Aitken + Matamua + 100k for another upgrade - Would mean playing 3 centres (Aitken, Bird, Burton) in my 17 which doesn't feel right, but I guess it's not so bad when it's really two second-rowers and a half? Would consider Elliott to DCE with the other 100k, but not sure that's worth it.

d) Manu + Matamua - As above but without the 100k for another upgrade, just punting on Manu going on a bit of a run.

e) Teddy + Matamua - Risk no centre cover with 3+4 trades still left after this, and bring in a genuine gun in Teddy instead.

f) Hold. Mam and Koula could still make a bit more cash. Have a look at the likes of Doueihi, DiFi, Matamua etc this week.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:23 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Matamua looks like the best of the cashouts? Any of the Tigers lads have any info on him?

He's 19, think he's been right through Tigers development pathways and liked by Tim Sheens (who appears to be calling the shots).
    I think he wasn't meant to be upgraded to our top 30 until 2024, so further indication that they rate his potential.

Is a genuine edge with Lucy already gone, Tuilagi goes to Manly next year, Garner goes to Penrith next year.
    The Tigers management appear to not give two shits about winning games this year or where we finish, but are keen to blood some of the young'uns

That creates opportunity for players like Matamua, but also means the team line-up is pretty open to being changed in any given week.
    Scoring 16 (inc 18 tackles) in 22 minutes in base is impressive considering the -5 sin bin.

It's a gamble both in terms of having a green dot and in terms of role (starting v bench) and likely scoring, but there's probably worse gambles you could make.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:23 am

mrbrownstone wrote:Looking to move on Mam and Koula for a better 17th man, but still keep centre cover. Tricky balancing act.

Mam is a sell. Koula has done nothing to deserve getting sold. He's the perfect DPP CTR/WFB that scores 30 floor without tries for 18th/19th man
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:25 am

Have spoken to Billy and provided him my instructions for this evening.

Holmes to FB
    Capewell to Ctr
    Ponga to 5/8
    Nanai to Bench
    Edges Arrow & Gilbert
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:26 am

Milchcow wrote:

Valiea can't be relied upon, so it does look like you have Cricthon+1 every week and no real cover.
    Or do you have another CTR who is forced into WFB this week or something?

If Valiea is your only cover, it may be worth finding someone who will actually play. Depends on trade situation - may be worth to just run with 2 CTRs and hope if you can get better improvements from spending trades on the rest of your squad

I have Crichton and Aitken

Have been running no centre cover for a while now.

Might continue to do it as squad improvements for my team at the moment are more valuable.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:30 am

My hooker cover is Cheese (suspended) and Walters (sucks)

Looking at:

Walters -> Matamua (as much as I don't trust his JS, scoring or need another EDG... he is very cheap)
    Then 7k short of Cheese -> Grant for HOK cover but gamble Grant price falls and I'm able to do that next week

Or:

Walters ->Booth for emg HOK cover/cashout
    Then Cheese -> anyone around 700k or less, either this week or next

Don't often ask for direct advice, but interested in what people would do here. Many thanks!
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:33 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Currently looking at this pending Matamua thoughts

Penisini > Matamua
    Mam > DCE
    Lee > Douehi/Latrell

Looks good to me

With your stacks of spare trades I'd gamble on Douiehi over Mitchell.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:33 am

Loomer wrote:

Mam is a sell. Koula has done nothing to deserve getting sold. He's the perfect DPP CTR/WFB that scores 30 floor without tries for 18th/19th man

His floor at centre has been 23.

Koula has done his job beautifully, made 250k, but he's not averaging enough to be a playable final 17 CTR or WFB. Ideally, I agree he's a decent 19th man, but 481k is too much cash to leave on the bench for my squad given cash gen, and he's the best option to move on to make a genuine upgrade.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:36 am

robelgordo wrote:My hooker cover is Cheese (suspended) and Walters (sucks)

Looking at:

Walters -> Matamua (as much as I don't trust his JS, scoring or need another EDG... he is very cheap)
    Then 7k short of Cheese -> Grant for HOK cover but gamble Grant price falls and I'm able to do that next week

Or:

Walters ->Booth for emg HOK cover/cashout
    Then Cheese -> anyone around 700k or less, either this week or next

Don't often ask for direct advice, but interested in what people would do here. Many thanks!

That's a tricky one, but I think I'd probably do Matamua and gamble on Grant losing 7k.

Hope not as a Grant owner, but I probably like your chances of winning that gamble backing up from Origin with a high 60s BE.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:41 am

mrbrownstone wrote:

Koula has done his job beautifully, made 250k, but he's not averaging enough to be a playable final 17 CTR or WFB. Ideally, I agree he's a decent 19th man, but 481k is too much cash to leave on the bench for my squad given cash gen, and he's the best option to move on to make a genuine upgrade.

I agree Koula is a guy you keep when you're almost out of trades

If you have the room to move and no other fires he's a sell IMO. Gagai at 400k is a pretty good points upgrade that frees up 80k. I wouldn't consider Bird at 550k versus Gagai at 400k. Aitken is top tier and worth it if you want a keeper CTR, Manu a keeper but too expensive now IMO.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:44 am

mrbrownstone wrote:

I should've added last 5 which watching him as a rookie I think is more indicative than earlier in season. Wasn't he named at CTR and played wing in some games?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:47 am

mrbrownstone wrote:

That's a tricky one, but I think I'd probably do Matamua and gamble on Grant losing 7k.

Hope not as a Grant owner, but I probably like your chances of winning that gamble backing up from Origin with a high 60s BE.

Thanks, am leaning the same way.

If I went the other way, would probably get Haas, which I think is fine v Grant

The concern is more the cashout side. Worry is I can live with Matamua becoming a red dot, but if Booth was dropped I'm back to no HOK cover, which is frustrating
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:04 pm

Jumping Marlin wrote:Anyone else seem to have a bunch of too many sub elite players who are more than serviceable but would look better for trading to elite gun?

I’ve got Harris, Moses, Hughes, Ponga, Elliott, Barnett and McInness that fall in that bucket.
    I’ll have to keep all bar two I think.

My gut feel is to move on Hughes and McInness out of that lot.
    Got a team full of em:

Mahoney, Lolo, McInnes, Tohu, Moses, Walsh, Barnett

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:11 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Matamua looks like the best of the cashouts? Any of the Tigers lads have any info on him?

He's a middle forward named to play edge. He struggled in NSW Cup when playing edge. WT doing him a massive disservice playing him at 2nd row.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:14 pm

Given that Manu is apparently set to play 5/8 long term (as per Clarkey so not 100% sure it's legit) and that Holbrook said in a members interview that Booth is gearing up to play 80 mins in a few weeks time (with Clark playing 13)

Thoughts on trading Averillo and Mam for Manu and Booth? Manu is enough of a ball hog that as long as he stays at 6, he is easily a keeper, and having Booth means I can cover a late Cook out this week.

It would leave me with 1 trade and 207k bank, so I could get one more gun in next week for Ramsey and then hold the +4 trades for injuries.

Cook
    Ipap, Matto, MKing
    Angus, Elliott
    Cleary, Munster
    Burton, Mulitalo
    Papy, Hynes, Manu

Moses, RFM, May, Palasia

Ramsey, Koula, Booth, Vailea
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:19 pm

easytiger wrote:

He's 19, think he's been right through Tigers development pathways and liked by Tim Sheens (who appears to be calling the shots).
    I think he wasn't meant to be upgraded to our top 30 until 2024, so further indication that they rate his potential.

Is a genuine edge with Lucy already gone, Tuilagi goes to Manly next year, Garner goes to Penrith next year.
    The Tigers management appear to not give two shits about winning games this year or where we finish, but are keen to blood some of the young'uns

That creates opportunity for players like Matamua, but also means the team line-up is pretty open to being changed in any given week.
    Scoring 16 (inc 18 tackles) in 22 minutes in base is impressive considering the -5 sin bin.

It's a gamble both in terms of having a green dot and in terms of role (starting v bench) and likely scoring, but there's probably worse gambles you could make.

Beautiful. Good enough for me. Hopefully blooding the youngsters pays of for ya in the future mate

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:18 pm