NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 63 - The decider (not really but I watched the bluey episode today and loved it)

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 63 - The decider (not really but I watched the bluey episode today and loved it) - Page 41 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 63 - The decider (not really but I watched the bluey episode today and loved it)

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:15 am

bigbruno wrote:Hi lads don't normally ask for team advice as a whole but have some side leagues with mates i'm close to the top of and really want to get this right... and you boys are all slaying it this year.

Current team:
    Reed
    iPap - Barnett - Lolo
    Tohu - Angus
    Hynes - Moses
    Burton - Aitken
    Teddy - Papy - Latrell

Mam - AElliot - Kennedy - Koula

Cleary - Wishart - Walters - Koula

Looking at Walters - > Matamua as a cash down and to get rid of Billy.
    That leaves me with 2 + 4 trades and 440k ITB.

I'd really like to see Haas in my team next week but worry I might be running out of cash cow/trade up options to get there.

MAM will likely become DCE next week leaving me with 1 trade and about 100k ITB. Maybe Kennedy makes some more cash and is the route to Haas, but it's a long way off. I'm keen to keep Koula as my CTR cover (he's also my only CTR cover at the moment) but think I'll have to let him go to get up to Haas eventually and risk it.
    Any pointers, or advise is greatly appreciated.

Nice team mate.  You've listed Koula twice though.  Easy downgrade there of Walters.  Reed your only hooker is a worry.  I'd be looking to upgrade him but I guess your hands are tied  with trades left.  You are one gun short though, depending who the other Koula is supposed to be.  But again, you're a bit handcuffed with number of trades.

Could always get a cheaper option than DCE and use the other funds remaining to get a lower tier gun like Bird or someone like that. Just to even out the bench a bit.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 63 - The decider (not really but I watched the bluey episode today and loved it) - Page 41 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 63 - The decider (not really but I watched the bluey episode today and loved it)

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:18 am

bigbruno wrote:

Big fan of these trades mate - only thing I may add is Mam has a 31 BE v the Titans who we would expect the broncs to put a few tries on. Mam looked dangerous running at the line last week.
    DCE also a lowish BE at 49, backing up, I reckon if they pump the knights surely he'll get an early rest? Altho it is DCE and he never takes a shower before 80.

Thats a fair point mate, definitely worth considering. Hmmm....didn't look at the matchup, Broncos could do a number. I'll see how tonight goes first.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:26 am

wolfking wrote:

Nice team mate.  You've listed Koula twice though.  Easy downgrade there of Walters.  Reed your only hooker is a worry.  I'd be looking to upgrade him but I guess your hands are tied  with trades left.  You are one gun short though, depending who the other Koula is supposed to be.  But again, you're a bit handcuffed with number of trades.

Could always get a cheaper option than DCE and use the other funds remaining to get a lower tier gun like Bird or someone like that.  Just to even out the bench a bit.

Whoops, I have Cotter as my Hooker cover, not 2x Koula haha.
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:28 am

Should I be looking at Josh Jackson to DCE or to sideways.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:32 am

The Goat Boys wrote:Should I be looking at Josh Jackson to DCE or to sideways.

Strong trade
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:43 am

bigbruno wrote:

Strong trade

Thinking about going

Jackson to DCE
    Savage to Douehi
    Mam to Matuma

Thoughts?
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:50 am

Anyone else seem to have a bunch of too many sub elite players who are more than serviceable but would look better for trading to elite gun?

I’ve got Harris, Moses, Hughes, Ponga, Elliott, Barnett and McInness that fall in that bucket.
    I’ll have to keep all bar two I think.

My gut feel is to move on Hughes and McInness out of that lot.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:11 am

Jumping Marlin wrote:Anyone else seem to have a bunch of too many sub elite players who are more than serviceable but would look better for trading to elite gun?

I’ve got Harris, Moses, Hughes, Ponga, Elliott, Barnett and McInness that fall in that bucket.
    I’ll have to keep all bar two I think.

My gut feel is to move on Hughes and McInness out of that lot.

I really want to move Mcinnes on this week. Looking at that Sharks lineup I just don't see him getting more than about 50 mins max and could start putting up low 40s on the regular.

Problem is I think I would like to move him to Murray but I'm sure Murray will be on limited minutes this week too.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:17 am

bigbruno wrote:

Whoops, I have Cotter as my Hooker cover, not 2x Koula haha.

Oh, you're looking sweet then.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:17 am

The Goat Boys wrote:Should I be looking at Josh Jackson to DCE or to sideways.

Big upgrade.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:20 am

BCT05 wrote:

I really want to move Mcinnes on this week. Looking at that Sharks lineup I just don't see him getting more than about 50 mins max and could start putting up low 40s on the regular.

Problem is I think I would like to move him to Murray but I'm sure Murray will be on limited minutes this week too.

He played 57 minutes last week, I don't see anything less than 50. Rudolf a week back from COVID, Hunt and Fifita are not big minute props, BHU only second week back from injury and only played 13 minutes last week and Tolman offers nothing.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:55 am

wolfking wrote:

He played 57 minutes last week, I don't see anything less than 50.  Rudolf a week back from COVID, Hunt and Fifita are not big minute props, BHU only second week back from injury and only played 13 minutes last week and Tolman offers nothing.  

Big difference with Rudolf back, wouldn't count on limited minutes just because he had covid but potentially.

Mcinnes only played 41 mins in rd16 with the same lineup except Wilton on the bench instead of BHU. And Wilton has been coming on at edge for Graham, BHU there instead is probably worse. Actually wonder if Mcinnes might play some edge if Graham is still not going to play 80?

Just a whole lot of forwards and only so many minutes, and with Finucane and Rudolf both playing he does not need to carry as much of a load. He wasn't an appealing fantasy option before Finucane got injured and now they are back to full strength it's reasonable to think he might not be appealing again. Enough cause for concern imo but obviously depends on trades remaining if he is someone to get rid of or not.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:20 am

Where did MTB's post go? lol.

I agree nothing is set in stone. It just seems like a very luxury trade. Saying that, if for some reason he gets 40 minutes this week, it will be panic stations haha.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:02 pm

Are any of this weeks cashouts viable players for the run home? Already have Trindall as a dead spot and not sure I can create another
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:07 pm

Is it suicide to play with only 16 this week, I am short a center with Crichton and Vailea out. Dont like any of the available centre options really except for Burto but that would mean no DCE
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:16 pm

Theoretical trade time

5 trades left...I could use four to go

Mam, Scritta, Friz & RFM out

Grant, DCE, Haas & Fergai/Hammer in

Would leave me with a finalish team of

Robson
    Ming Ipap Haas
    Angus Elliot
    DCE Cleary
    Burton Koula
    Latrell, Papy, Hynes

Barnett, May, Grant, Tohu
    Kennedy, Trindall, Hammer, Palasia

Edit : This is the point of the season where dreams crash into reality Very Happy and those short term middies are staying in your team

I won't do it (probably just swap DCE for Mam this week) but food for thought
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:29 pm

The Goat Boys wrote:Is it suicide to play with only 16 this week, I am short a center with Crichton and Vailea out. Dont like any of the available centre options really except for Burto but that would mean no DCE

Are you running with no ctr cover each week?
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:31 pm

TU:Penisini to Curran or hold trades
    TD:Penisini to cashout and RFM/Mam to DCE. Leaves 0 trades though

Really want DCE though
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:37 pm

Matamua looks like the best of the cashouts? Any of the Tigers lads have any info on him?
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:45 pm

Here we go, continue the balls to the wall approach.

Walters to DCE and no trades left till the +4.

Also have no CTR coverage, so that will be a target for one of those trades as a cash out to upgrade one more player and then run with the last 2 for injuries. Likely won't pan out but hey, how else do I get in the top 1000 now without taking a gamble.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:15 am