NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 63 - The decider (not really but I watched the bluey episode today and loved it)

filthridden
    filthridden

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 63 - The decider (not really but I watched the bluey episode today and loved it) - Page 43 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 63 - The decider (not really but I watched the bluey episode today and loved it)

Post by filthridden Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:20 am

Mam & Walters ---> Matamua and Tedesco (assuming he backs up)

Mahoney
    Crichton, McInnes, MKing
    Barnett, Harris
    Moses, Hynes (c)
    Aitken, Talakai
    Mitchell, Papenhuyzen, Tedesco

RFM, Robson, Koula, Matamua

Kennedy, Haas, Cleary, Volkman

0+4 trades and holding on for dear life in a very un-filth like manner.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 63 - The decider (not really but I watched the bluey episode today and loved it) - Page 43 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 63 - The decider (not really but I watched the bluey episode today and loved it)

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:23 am

Friendly reminder to troll and shitpost about your Eliminator opponent this week

I've highlighted a few matchups with active posters here: https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t2014p60-2022-eliminator#638428
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:24 am

Mahoney
    Harris Lolo IPap
    Friz Barnett
    Moses Hynes
    May Burton
    Teddy Pap Latrell

Cheese Mam FBrown Cleary
    Koula RFM Kennedy Pole

I've got 620k to spend. I can go Mam+cheese -> DCE+grant but that doesn't leave a lot in the kitty but probably gives me my strongest 17 this week. Other options are to play for value a bit and do something like just picking up DiFi and Grant this week and then Haas next but means I probably don't get DCE.

Anyone got any thoughts? 3+4 trades remaining.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:26 am

Bethany_B wrote:Given that Manu is apparently set to play 5/8 long term (as per Clarkey so not 100% sure it's legit) and that Holbrook said in a members interview that Booth is gearing up to play 80 mins in a few weeks time (with Clark playing 13)

Thoughts on trading Averillo and Mam for Manu and Booth? Manu is enough of a ball hog that as long as he stays at 6, he is easily a keeper, and having Booth means I can cover a late Cook out this week.

It would leave me with 1 trade and 207k bank, so I could get one more gun in next week for Ramsey and then hold the +4 trades for injuries.

Cook
    Ipap, Matto, MKing
    Angus, Elliott
    Cleary, Munster
    Burton, Mulitalo
    Papy, Hynes, Manu

Moses, RFM, May, Palasia

Ramsey, Koula, Booth, Vailea

#1 That Clarkey guy is an absolute knob
    #2 Keary due back next week. I don't see how Keary or Sam Walker get dropped. Manu staying in the halves doesn't make sense unless one of them drops back to the bench and I don't think either of them really offer enough off the bench - they certainly not are gonna play Keary at hooker.

Would love to see Manu at 6 from a fantasy perspective but I don't see how it happens when their halves are fit.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:27 am

Bethany_B wrote:and that Holbrook said in a members interview that Booth is gearing up to play 80 mins in a few weeks time (with Clark playing 13)

This is interesting. Was just settled on Matamua and here's the curveball haha

Clark served me pretty well for longer than ideal, but IRL I think he's better suited to play 13. Potentially more of a Havili type than a genuine hooker.

Never seen Booth play though (at least that I can recall) so no idea how he goes.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:29 am

filthridden wrote:

#2 Keary due back next week. I don't see how Keary or Sam Walker get dropped. Manu staying in the halves doesn't make sense unless one of them drops back to the bench and I don't think either of them really offer enough off the bench - they certainly not are gonna play Keary at hooker.

Would love to see Manu at 6 from a fantasy perspective but I don't see how it happens when their halves are fit.

Yeah that's fair enough. Teddy is also not much more than Manu so I think I'll wait a week and get Teddy next week instead - so I would just do Avo to Booth this week (or even just reverse it if it looks like Cook will back up)
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:30 am

robelgordo wrote:

This is interesting. Was just settled on Matamua and here's the curveball haha

Clark served me pretty well for longer than ideal, but IRL I think he's better suited to play 13. Potentially more of a Havili type than a genuine hooker.

Never seen Booth play though (at least that I can recall) so no idea how he goes.

Booth was in the Storm system, he wasn't great from what I remember but no surprise he left considering he was stuck behind Grant and Cheese
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:32 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Yeah that's fair enough. Teddy is also not much more than Manu so I think I'll wait a week and get Teddy next week instead - so I would just do Avo to Booth this week (or even just reverse it if it looks like Cook will back up)

I think wait for Teddy. I own Manu but don't think he's worth getting now. I mean you will look like genius if he does stay at 5/8 but it's a risk.

I might actually look to upgrade him at R20 with the +4 to a non-CTR gun like Haas
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:36 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Booth was in the Storm system, he wasn't great from what I remember but no surprise he left considering he was stuck behind Grant and Cheese

If he’s going to be playing 80 i don’t care how bad he is haha a score is a score in a pinch.
    And he will be HOK backup for Grant
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:39 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

If he’s going to be playing 80 i don’t care how bad he is haha a score is a score in a pinch.

Same here, as long as he stays in the team and plays 60+ mins a game I don't care what he does. I may wait a week to buy him if it looks like Cook will play but this week (and let Mam make a bit more money) but if Cook gets ruled out 24h before he's coming straight in
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:43 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

I just looked and he hasn’t been playing anywhere near 80 in QLD Cup. Has mainly been #14 behind Pat Politoni, who last played NRL in 2017

It’s all a bit too weird for me
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:44 am

Just glanced Booth's Q Cup stats for the season, he's been on the bench all but one game. Edit: yeah what robel said

He was an honest toiler in his Easts Tigers days, but never really stood out as an NRL player. Mind you I was generally sinking tinnies and not particularly studying the play by play.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:03 am

If I lock in Penisini to Matamua and Mam to DCE this is my team with no trades left for 2 weeks and 141k bank. Do you guys think it’s strong enough to get me through?

Grant
    Lolo Harris Barnett
    IPap Crichton
    DCE Hughes
    Burton Manu
    Papy Hynes Mulitalo

Robson
    Elliott
    RFM
    Cleary

Palasia
    Matamua
    Kennedy
    Trindall
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:10 am

My mob with 2 (+4) trades and not a lot of cash

Mahoney
    Harris McInnes Barnett
    Young Ipap
    DCE Hughes
    Burton Aitken
    Papy Hynes Latrell
    R: Angus MKing Walsh Tago
    E: Cleary Mam Palasia Kennedy

I've been rolling without hok cover for a few weeks, looking to get Grant if possible, soonish. Relying on a few questionable mids to see things through at this point.

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:11 am

danseels1985 wrote:If I lock in Penisini to Matamua and Mam to DCE this is my team with no trades left for 2 weeks and 141k bank. Do you guys think it’s strong enough to get me through?

Grant
    Lolo Harris Barnett
    IPap Crichton
    DCE Hughes
    Burton Manu
    Papy Hynes Mulitalo

Robson
    Elliott
    RFM
    Cleary

Palasia
    Matamua
    Kennedy
    Trindall

Mulitalo and RFM maybe aren't ideal, but you could certainly do worse. I'd be fairly happy with that.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:23 am

filthridden wrote:

Just curious where the Keary back next week is from. I've seen the Clarkey graphic and doesn't even say Keary out season just people misinterpreting
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:26 am

Loomer wrote:

Just curious where the Keary back next week is from. I've seen the Clarkey graphic and doesn't even say Keary out season just people misinterpreting

To be fair I can't remember where I read it and it wasn't concrete, it was something like "expected to be back next week" or "out for another week" or something like that so could be longer and no direct quote from coach/medical. Could just be going on old timeframes.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:37 am

How long is Nikora out?
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:40 am

filthridden wrote:

To be fair I can't remember where I read it and it wasn't concrete, it was something like "expected to be back next week" or "out for another week" or something like that so could be longer and no direct quote from coach/medical. Could just be going on old timeframes.

I've figured it out. Tedesco reported as saying Manu seen as long term 5/8 and Suaalli long term CTR and fantasy players have concluded Keary retiring immediately lol
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:57 am

Rabbits21 wrote:How long is Nikora out?

Just this week.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:04 am