NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    FPL 22/23

    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 13614
    Reputation : 8286
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    FPL 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: FPL 22/23

    Post by Chewie Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:19 pm

    Updated team:
    Meslier
    TAA, Cancelo, James, Perisic
    Salah, Mahrez, Neto, Martinelli
    Kane, Jesus
    (4.0 keeper, Williams, Andreas, Greenwood)

    0.5 mil itb.
    Mostly template, hoping Mahrez goes on a run, but I can transfer him to a Mount, Rashford, Grealish, Diaz or whoever else gets a run of form.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

    Posts : 8197
    Reputation : 4659
    Join date : 2019-07-08
    Location : Sydney

    FPL 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: FPL 22/23

    Post by robelgordo Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:45 pm

    Just realised this league wasn't an auto-renew - have finally joined
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 8581
    Reputation : 5242
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 29

    FPL 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: FPL 22/23

    Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:55 pm

    Running with this atm

    Ederson
    TAA, James, Perisic, Walker
    Salah, Diaz, Martinelli, Neto
    Haaland, Jesus

    Ward, Jonny, Andreas, Archer

    1 mil in the bank for upgrades if needed

    Was planning to run with a 4.5 keeper but had 2 mil leftover and think Ederson comfortably outscores the 4.5s first few weeks

    Considered upgrading Neto but think he is the best non-Martinelli option sub 7.5

    Have also considered Walker>Cancelo but I think Walker provides better value first few
    BCT05
    BCT05

    Posts : 2011
    Reputation : 561
    Join date : 2020-03-19

    FPL 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: FPL 22/23

    Post by BCT05 Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:48 pm

    There was about a solid 3 days or so where I loved my team and wasn't going to touch it. But yeah that didn't last. I'm currently on the below.

    Sanchez
    TAA Robbo Gabriel Cancelo
    Salah Kulu Martinelli Neto
    Jesus Haaland

    Ward Williams Andreas Plange

    Gabriel could become Walker but not sure if I want to have him use my 3rd City spot. If Mahrez, Foden, Grealish get the minutes early may want some flexibility.

    Cancelo could become Walker and then Gabriel becomes James. Certainly considering this as I would really like James.

    Kulu could become Mount.
    WT2K
    WT2K
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11399
    Reputation : 5153
    Join date : 2018-03-25
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    FPL 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: FPL 22/23

    Post by WT2K Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:09 pm

    I'm on 5-3-2 at the moment. Spurs Def and GK the only thing that keeps changing atm
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

    Posts : 2164
    Reputation : 383
    Join date : 2015-09-26

    FPL 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: FPL 22/23

    Post by Clack Bocks Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:59 pm

    When is game one?
    BCT05
    BCT05

    Posts : 2011
    Reputation : 561
    Join date : 2020-03-19

    FPL 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: FPL 22/23

    Post by BCT05 Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:08 pm

    Clack Bocks wrote:When is game one?

    This Saturday at 7am NZ time
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 13614
    Reputation : 8286
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    FPL 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: FPL 22/23

    Post by Chewie Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:22 pm

    With the World Cup this year, I heard some might be using the wildcard earlier for this half of the season if the initial team doesn't fire. What do you guys think of this strategy?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 8581
    Reputation : 5242
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 29

    FPL 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: FPL 22/23

    Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:30 pm

    Chewie wrote:With the World Cup this year, I heard some might be using the wildcard earlier for this half of the season if the initial team doesn't fire. What do you guys think of this strategy?

    World cup break is essentially an extra wildcard after GW 16

    I'm personally aiming for first wildcard between 5 and 8 so treating the early games like more of a mini game rather than focusing on long term picks
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 20617
    Reputation : 12582
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    FPL 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: FPL 22/23

    Post by Milchcow Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:49 pm

    Chewie wrote:With the World Cup this year, I heard some might be using the wildcard earlier for this half of the season if the initial team doesn't fire. What do you guys think of this strategy?

    I always wildcard early, But then I'm a casual player who rage trades and often loses fantasy interest when NRL gets started
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

    Posts : 8197
    Reputation : 4659
    Join date : 2019-07-08
    Location : Sydney

    FPL 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: FPL 22/23

    Post by robelgordo Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:51 pm

    I think the latest I’ve ever taken a WC since there’s been 2 is GW5

    Initially it was because I was casual and needed to fix my team early, but recent years just think you learn the most in the first 2-4 weeks and therefore gain the most value from wholesale changes early IMO

    But yeah I think everyone will be looking to do similar this time
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

    Posts : 2164
    Reputation : 383
    Join date : 2015-09-26

    FPL 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: FPL 22/23

    Post by Clack Bocks Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:35 pm

    BCT05 wrote:

    This Saturday at 7am NZ time

    Cheers
    BCT05
    BCT05

    Posts : 2011
    Reputation : 561
    Join date : 2020-03-19

    FPL 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: FPL 22/23

    Post by BCT05 Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:20 am

    So Ward and Iverson are now the Leicester GK's with Schmeichel gone. Apparently they aren't looking to sign a new starter. So you can have a team's 1st and 2nd GK for a combined 8m for I think the first time ever. Who's going this route?
    Camo123
    Camo123

    Posts : 8814
    Reputation : 5494
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    FPL 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: FPL 22/23

    Post by Camo123 Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:26 am

    BCT05 wrote:So Ward and Iverson are now the Leicester GK's with Schmeichel gone. Apparently they aren't looking to sign a new starter. So you can have a team's 1st and 2nd GK for a combined 8m for I think the first time ever. Who's going this route?

    I can’t really see a worthwhile use of the 1m saving in my 3 premium draft to fix the structure unless I sell Neco to 5m

    If you go Salah, Kane, Haaland you can build decent 3 premium draft but I’m pretty set on the MCI attacking premium double up for the BOU fixture as you wouldn’t want Kane for Chelsea

    Ward/Iversen
    TAA/Robbo/Cancelo/5.0 (Neco)
    Salah/Martinelli/Bailey/Neto (Andreas)
    Kane/Haaland (4.5)
    BCT05
    BCT05

    Posts : 2011
    Reputation : 561
    Join date : 2020-03-19

    FPL 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: FPL 22/23

    Post by BCT05 Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:29 am

    Camo123 wrote:

    I can’t really see a worthwhile use of the 1m saving in my 3 premium draft to fix the structure unless I sell Neco to 5m

    If you go Salah, Kane, Haaland you can build decent 3 premium draft but I’m pretty set on the MCI attacking premium double up for the BOU fixture as you wouldn’t want Kane for Chelsea

    Ward/Iversen
    TAA/Robbo/Cancelo/5.0 (Neco)
    Salah/Martinelli/Bailey/Neto (Andreas)
    Kane/Haaland (4.5)

    Yeah I've just had a play around and can't really make use of an extra .5 from downgrading Sanchez. Three premium drafts do seem to be the ones that will love this
    WT2K
    WT2K
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11399
    Reputation : 5153
    Join date : 2018-03-25
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    FPL 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: FPL 22/23

    Post by WT2K Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:17 am

    My 5-3-2 setup. Doherty/Perisic basically only decision left. Don't think much else will change
    Ramsdale
    James, TAA, Cancelo, Robertson, Perisic
    Neto, Salah, Martinelli
    Kane, Jesus
    Ward, Bailey, Andreas, Greenwood
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 13614
    Reputation : 8286
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    FPL 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: FPL 22/23

    Post by Chewie Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:23 am

    Ha my latest team has a 98% team rating on the https://www.fantasyfootballhub.co.uk/my-team
    I've been watching their team reveals on youtube (featuring previous years' winners)

    My latest and probably final draft
    Sanchez (Ward)
    TAA, Cancelo, James, Perisic
    Salah, Grealish, Neto, Martinelli
    Kane, Jesus
    (Ward, Williams, Andreas, Archer)

    0.5 itb, will probably play Ward over Sanchez for GW1
    BCT05
    BCT05

    Posts : 2011
    Reputation : 561
    Join date : 2020-03-19

    FPL 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: FPL 22/23

    Post by BCT05 Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:43 pm

    Chewie wrote:Ha my latest team has a 98% team rating on the https://www.fantasyfootballhub.co.uk/my-team
    I've been watching their team reveals on youtube (featuring previous years' winners)

    My latest and probably final draft
    Sanchez (Ward)
    TAA, Cancelo, James, Perisic
    Salah, Grealish, Neto, Martinelli
    Kane, Jesus
    (Ward, Williams, Andreas, Archer)

    0.5 itb, will probably play Ward over Sanchez for GW1

    Have been watching some of those videos too. I thought the team rating thing must have been a paid thing, I'm at 98% too at the moment haha.

    Really hating how completely template my team is at the moment though...but template is template for a reason.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

    Posts : 8197
    Reputation : 4659
    Join date : 2019-07-08
    Location : Sydney

    FPL 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: FPL 22/23

    Post by robelgordo Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:59 pm

    I don’t tend to do videos and everything written on hub is paywalled. Hate the content creator and trying to make a buck industry with FPL.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 13614
    Reputation : 8286
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    FPL 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: FPL 22/23

    Post by Chewie Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:35 pm

    BCT05 wrote:

    Have been watching some of those videos too. I thought the team rating thing must have been a paid thing, I'm at 98% too at the moment haha.

    Really hating how completely template my team is at the moment though...but template is template for a reason.

    Yeah I'm a casual viewer of the premiere league so I don't know all of the ins and outs so the template is very helpful.
    I think the only player that is somewhat of a differential in my team is Grealish, who I expect to bounce back to 130-150 points this season.

      Current date/time is Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:38 pm