NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 42 - Tofu Haggis

Loomer
    Loomer

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 42 - Tofu Haggis - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 42 - Tofu Haggis

Post by Loomer Wed May 11, 2022 1:02 pm

mattnz wrote:
    I think those that miss a Trbojevic at $288k coming off a 64 with a negative BE, will look back on that decision in a few weeks, going what was I thinking? Harper has played his way out of the team, at the same time as Burbo has played his way into it. Parker is out for a while. Plays the bye. With Turbo playing, Manly backs can score anything.

He's probably my trade in this week. Was so close to cash down to him from Walsh but went long needed hooker cover in Robson. Now there's element of he's so much more than I was going to pay last week but he's named even if at CTR and his tackle stats etc are decent enough to hope he lasts until Rd 13 and makes north of 100k. Means no Ponga punt though who I think will go huge vs Dogs with only 39 BE
    Khany
    Khany

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 42 - Tofu Haggis - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 42 - Tofu Haggis

Post by Khany Wed May 11, 2022 1:03 pm

Don't get why Cook wouldn't be the replacement captain for Murray. Last ditch attempt to motivate Walker.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed May 11, 2022 1:06 pm

mattnz wrote:Really surprised that I am not seeing any discussion of bringing in Watson.

Starting HOK available at MID, has the spot for a while through injury, but could easily keep it on merit. Is a much better player than Verrills, who was getting big minutes and decent scoring before injury.

Could easily gun it in that Roosters team, rather than knights where he averaged 58 at HOK under old rules. 60+ average certainly not out of the question for him. Plays the bye, massive POD, potential $605k keeper.

Because I started with him and jumped off quick to Nanai and glad I did because Hutchison will keep canabalizing his minutes and he'll end up with 50-60mins and that was good for high 30s before injury. Did you look at earlier stats? Where are you getting +60 average not playing 80mins?
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed May 11, 2022 1:07 pm

Khany wrote:Don't get why Cook wouldn't be the replacement captain for Murray.  Last ditch attempt to motivate Walker.

Walker that gave stupid penalty away last week when they had Broncos on 1st set on their line? He's a boofhead
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed May 11, 2022 1:09 pm

mattnz wrote:Really surprised that I am not seeing any discussion of bringing in Watson.

Starting HOK available at MID, has the spot for a while through injury, but could easily keep it on merit. Is a much better player than Verrills, who was getting big minutes and decent scoring before injury.

Could easily gun it in that Roosters team, rather than knights where he averaged 58 at HOK under old rules. 60+ average certainly not out of the question for him. Plays the bye, massive POD, potential $605k keeper.

His BE is reasonably high, he is $600k and who knows what minutes he gets (50-60 I'm guessing)

I think I would want to have a look at him for a week or two which may not leave enough time to make it worthwhile (pending Verrills prognosis)

Edit : I think at this stage I am fishing a bit further up the chain for a hooker (Grant, Cook) rather than another stepping stone. It could be that Watson can be a keeper but i'd like to see some evidence
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 11, 2022 1:17 pm

Don't see the value in Watson. Already played a bunch of games this year prior to injury, and he is overpriced based on that. Don't see where the extra points will come from to make him gain cash, let alone get to keeper scores
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 11, 2022 1:22 pm

Ben Trbojevic scored 2 tries playing 80 minutes in the edge.

Now he's in the centres, what sort of average would you expect. He'll make money if he stays in the team, but will it be enough to justify 2 trades?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed May 11, 2022 1:23 pm

Can definitely afford to wait and see on Watson. He's on my R13 shortlist, along with Manu.

I think I'm just going Paps to Turbo, and possibly Schneider to Elliot

Other option is Paps to Burton, then I could go Walters to Elliot and hold Schneider.

Really don't like removing Schneider, but feels like the latter is getting blinded a bit by R13 counts. Would score more points there, but less points every other week? Any opinions would be much appreciated.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed May 11, 2022 1:25 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Ben Trbojevic scored 2 tries playing 80 minutes in the edge.

Now he's in the centres, what sort of average would you expect. He'll make money if he stays in the team, but will it be enough to justify 2 trades?

He is also running at Staggs this week, so I don't think he'll get much more than his base
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed May 11, 2022 1:30 pm

Why has everyone suddenly disregarded Meaney?

I cannot see a stronger rationale for a trade-in for ages.

He fills the gap at WFB. Has been putting up keeper scores already on the WNG, is goal kicking and plays for the storm. He will get additional games right across the origin period - perhaps even at HLF. What is not to like?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed May 11, 2022 1:32 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:Why has everyone suddenly disregarded Meaney?

He fills the gap at WFB. Has been putting up keeper scores already on the WNG, is goal kicking and plays for the storm. He will get additional games right across the origin period - perhaps even at HLF. What is not to like?

You cant say he is putting up keeper scores on the wing and just ignore the 10 and 11 in rounds 4 and 5

Thats just what wingers do.

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed May 11, 2022 1:34 pm

If we had three trade slots this week I would be bringing him straight in alongside Ponga, but I think Ponga has the edge, as his draw is insanely good (while Meaney's is not), has the goalkicking for as long as Clifford is out, and has proven in the past that he can very easily rack up huge scores against shit teams, who are the vast majority of his upcoming opponents.

The only real benefits Meaney has over Ponga are being ~100k cheaper and not playing Origin, but Ponga probably backs up at least one or both of the post-Origin weeks anyway as his team plays late in the round those weeks.

Again, I wish I could get them both but I think Ponga could very well return to keeper status with his draw for the rest of the year, while Meaney will not be a keeper unless Papy is gone for the year
    Daedalus
    Daedalus

Post by Daedalus Wed May 11, 2022 1:36 pm

Looking to trade out Pap and Schneider this week then ease up on the trades (ha!)

TU: TPJ and To’o (1k remaining)
    TD: Ipap and Burbo (102k remaining)

Mainly focussed on H2H and current team looks like:

Randall
    Haas, Cotter, Jazz
    Elliott, Tuilagi
    Cleary, Hastings
    Penisini, Burton
    Teddy, Hynes, Pap
    Starling, Ming, SCrichton, Tago
    Ilias, Schneider, BillySmith, Koula

I am happy enough to play SCrichton at wfb to replace Pap and so position doesn’t matter too much, keen to get a decent edg in so I don’t have to always rely on one of Tuilagi or Tago.

TPJ and To’o is the better play right as both playable in my 17?

Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed May 11, 2022 1:51 pm

Most likely my #1 trade in. Anyone else I'm talking about is second trade
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed May 11, 2022 1:52 pm

my tv broke wrote:

You cant say he is putting up keeper scores on the wing and just ignore the 10 and 11 in rounds 4 and 5

Thats just what wingers do.

I can if he is playing at Fullback and goal kicking. Really takes the risk out of the decision in my book. He will make bank and make it is easy to trade up to Papenhuyzen or Trbojevic on the home stretch
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed May 11, 2022 2:00 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:Ive definitely got a bye-fixation when it comes to Schneider. Selling him is a resolution to running one less bye player because Burton is the only other R13 half worth buying. That said, even if he sticks around until then, an average of 25 could see him lose 100k. I think he has to go.

Schneider>Burton

I also need to trade out Paps. My preference is just to go straight to Turbo (like for like trade with a top 3 WFB), as getting Tom in as early as possible maximizes his value before losing games over origin. I was just about sold on this trade, but I probably need to prioritize Elliott due to his breakeven. I can loop Koula and Critter for the week with Pap's red dot- if it works out I might even feel emboldened to roll that dice again. I suspect I won't be as hot on Turbo next week when he only has two games before the bye period, but we can cross that bridge when we come to it

Tuilagi>Elliott

I like those trades...I will do Schneider to Burton myself but it's more do do with the decline in his stats his km's & rm's are down & the assumption with Frawley starting was Schneider would be the dominant half but this proved untrue. Then we have Wighton back rd. 11 & then we have Fogarty seeming like he will be back within the next couple of weeks which means Schneider won't play rd. 13 so it's pointless holding on to him especially as you said he will lose money. So I agree Schneider has to go.

Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed May 11, 2022 2:01 pm

Meaney seasonal average at FB for Dogs hovered between 30-40 and now he's at a much better team. Think it's a risk-free trade with a lot of upside
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed May 11, 2022 2:01 pm

White Lightning wrote:

I like those trades...I will do Schneider to Burton myself but it's more do do with the decline in his stats his km's & rm's are down & the assumption with Frawley starting was Schneider would be the dominant half but this proved untrue. Then we have Wighton back rd. 11 & then we have Fogarty seeming like he will be back within the next couple of weeks which means Schneider won't play rd. 13 so it's pointless holding on to him especially as you said he will lose money. So I agree Schneider has to go.

I'm holding Schneider one more week, since a 30 means he only loses like 20k, which I can cop - I'm selling Papy and Edrick Lee first for my buys of Elliott and Ponga.

I will have to trade Schneider next week to someone in the mid 400k range, so not ideal unless I make a 2nd trade.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed May 11, 2022 2:03 pm

Loomer wrote:Meaney seasonal average at FB for Dogs hovered between 30-40 and now he's at a much better team. Think it's a risk-free trade with a lot of upside

The risk isn't his average (I think he'll go well), the risk is that he doesn't make enough money in 3 games to justify 2 trades, misses 13 and then Papy returns in round 14 (4 weeks post-injury).

I still think he's a good buy but it isn't a risk-free one
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed May 11, 2022 2:03 pm

I wasn't thinking last night when I asked the question...play Starling or Ilias
    I hadn't realised I could loop them both using Billy Smith so once again the legend that is Billy Smith has come through for me.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:46 pm