NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 42 - Tofu Haggis

Loomer
    Loomer

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 42 - Tofu Haggis - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 42 - Tofu Haggis

Post by Loomer Tue May 10, 2022 11:37 pm

my tv broke wrote:Walsh almost certain to bang out some 50's after Loomers endless posts about him bounce

Was expecting that last week. 26 or 28pts with conversion after 23mins against 12 men
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 42 - Tofu Haggis - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 42 - Tofu Haggis

Post by Aardvark Tue May 10, 2022 11:38 pm

wolfking wrote:Woken a little cold on Meaney.  Am I silly for thinking about trading Pap for May?  I know the ship has sailed, but spot secure, seems to score well even without the tries, plays 13.....

Kind of in the same situation as Beth as I'd just get Turbo but then Elliot is my second trade and want to get him for Tass, not necessarily Jing who is worth hanging around.

I was also having a good look at this....(May in for Papy that is)

DPP, Spot on Merit, Rd13 but he is a winger

I know he would be a placeholder but might allow some jiggery pokery with Aitkens and Tago later on down the line
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Tue May 10, 2022 11:44 pm

Ive definitely got a bye-fixation when it comes to Schneider. Selling him is a resolution to running one less bye player because Burton is the only other R13 half worth buying. That said, even if he sticks around until then, an average of 25 could see him lose 100k. I think he has to go.

Schneider>Burton

I also need to trade out Paps. My preference is just to go straight to Turbo (like for like trade with a top 3 WFB), as getting Tom in as early as possible maximizes his value before losing games over origin. I was just about sold on this trade, but I probably need to prioritize Elliott due to his breakeven. I can loop Koula and Critter for the week with Pap's red dot- if it works out I might even feel emboldened to roll that dice again. I suspect I won't be as hot on Turbo next week when he only has two games before the bye period, but we can cross that bridge when we come to it

Tuilagi>Elliott
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed May 11, 2022 12:01 am

People selling talaki before he plays the raiders. Absolute madness. I mean, I know Harper plays for manly, but our edge defence also stinks
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 11, 2022 12:07 am

Aardvark wrote:

I was also having a good look at this....(May in for Papy that is)

DPP, Spot on Merit, Rd13 but he is a winger

I know he would be a placeholder but might allow some jiggery pokery with Aitkens and Tago later on down the line

Yeah, I don't mind it hey. I'll ponder.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed May 11, 2022 12:09 am

Locking in Jones to Elliott as a bit of a no brainer.

Second trade is either Pap to McInness or Hunt to McInness. Bench looks like this: King, Schneider, Elliott, Pap/Hunt

If it's Hunt, plan is to use Pap as a loop for Ilias/Koula and wait and see how Tohu goes. If he looks good, straight swap for Pap next week, if not Pap doesn't lose any cash and I can pivot to a gun.

If I trade Pap, I'm reluctant to keep Hunt with a 64 BE and he's been underwhelming all year. However 13 against the Storm is probably an anomaly, and Titans, Dogs, Warriors is a good run in his next 3. Still averaging 45 and should score better than Ilias/Koula at least. If he shits the bed again and loses more cash though, it'll put me out of range of trading him to Ted/Tohu/Turbo etc next week though.

Thoughts? Basically, is Hunt worth holding onto, or better to trade him before he loses more cash and hold the red dot a week that will at least hold value?
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed May 11, 2022 12:10 am

Fortitude wrote:People selling talaki before he plays the raiders. Absolute madness. I mean, I know Harper plays for manly, but our edge defence also stinks

Is anyone really doing that? Luxury trade of highest order and still great run of games left
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed May 11, 2022 12:12 am

Plan this week is to pump the brakes on trades. Have double traded the last few weeks, leaving me with only 21 trades left.

Pappy to Elliot, leaves me bulk cash for another single trade next week. Also allows me to move tuilagi out of my 17.

The extra money could be used to upgrade just about anyone to anyone. Was thinking taffe to tedesco. Just not sold on buying origin players. Don’t want to take risk on Meaney. I can’t shake the memory of him being an average player.

There is a voice in the back of my head telling me, saving a trade this week, that I intend don using next week isn’t a saved trade, but a wasted week of upgrade (hopefully) points.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed May 11, 2022 12:13 am

Loomer wrote:

Is anyone really doing that? Luxury trade of highest order and still great run of games left

I should have used a disclaimer, I’m seeing this on FB. Which is a den of trolls and shit trade option and not much inbetween
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Wed May 11, 2022 12:17 am

mrbrownstone wrote:Locking in Jones to Elliott as a bit of a no brainer.

Second trade is either Pap to McInness or Hunt to McInness. Bench looks like this: King, Schneider, Elliott, Pap/Hunt

If it's Hunt, plan is to use Pap as a loop for Ilias/Koula and wait and see how Tohu goes. If he looks good, straight swap for Pap next week, if not Pap doesn't lose any cash and I can pivot to a gun.

If I trade Pap, I'm reluctant to keep Hunt with a 64 BE and he's been underwhelming all year. However 13 against the Storm is probably an anomaly, and Titans, Dogs, Warriors is a good run in his next 3. Still averaging 45 and should score better than Ilias/Koula at least. If he shits the bed again and loses more cash though, it'll put me out of range of trading him to Ted/Tohu/Turbo etc next week though.

Thoughts? Basically, is Hunt worth holding onto, or better to trade him before he loses more cash and hold the red dot a week that will at least hold value?

You confident McInnes starts mate? Risky if he doesn't but great play if he does

I'd back Hunt to go well against those teams but if it costs you from getting a proper gun next week I'm not sure it's worth it in the long run
    Daedalus
    Daedalus

Post by Daedalus Wed May 11, 2022 12:29 am

mrbrownstone wrote:Locking in Jones to Elliott as a bit of a no brainer.

I got lucky and flicked Hunt last week. I’d be careful basing plans on fixtures for him, he opened the season with a 35 against the Warriors (then an 85 v Panthers) so I wouldn’t trust he’ll put up big scores just because he’s playing Warriors, Titans and Dogs

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2022 12:30 am

Fortitude wrote:People selling talaki before he plays the raiders. Absolute madness. I mean, I know Harper plays for manly, but our edge defence also stinks

What is a good or bad game for Talakai
    Scored 75 against Knights (Gagai) and 68 vs the storm
    Manly on paper before the game are a top side that historically trouble the sharks as well

The easy games like the tigers, warriors,broncos he averaged less than 40

Sometimes the matchups aren't all they are cracked up to be
    That and teams form/players are constantly changing

Saying that, who are the warriors and titans playing this week haha?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed May 11, 2022 12:35 am

If id have made 200k+ on talakai id happily swap him to a proper gun. Plenty of centres goinf round. Dont need one priced over 50 that is actually playing centre.

If you brought him in after the banner then you probably gotta hold and hope now. But that was a terrible case of chasing last weeks score.

Im sure he puts up some more good scores but as with any ctr there will always be 30s in there

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed May 11, 2022 12:37 am; edited 2 times in total
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed May 11, 2022 12:35 am

Listening to the NRL Fantasy Amateurs podcast and they pointed out that Saliva Havili has scored 40 and 46 the past 2 weeks and his mins have basically doubled from mid-20s to mid-40s. He's probably the beneficiary of a few injuries and Murray out wouldn't hurt his prospects. Anyone want to take that punt?
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed May 11, 2022 12:38 am

Milchcow wrote:

Look at how many people don't own Papali'i (or Grant or other guys averaging 65)
    You overestimate how many people will have the trades and cash to bring Tohu in if he starts well.

Agreed... this is my rationale. I think there is little chance that Tohu Harris does not average 65 and he will be very hard for most teams to bring in. He is almost a guaranteed season keeper and underpriced. I would much prefer to have Harris in my team than Nanai. My team does not have big cash value but I seem to have a lot of players that people are posting saying they want to bring in

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Wed May 11, 2022 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 11, 2022 12:39 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Coates moved on before he bleeds cash with job done. Coates>Walsh for 20k seems like a good trade to me with round 13 in mind.

Possibly doing that trade next week. BEs for both Coates and Walsh make it not urgent and I want to fix my bench this week. And get to see how his hammy is.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 11, 2022 12:44 am

Classy banner!
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed May 11, 2022 12:46 am

Shady2K wrote:

Don't think Burbo is worth the punt... just don't trust it
    I think those that miss a Trbojevic at $288k coming off a 64 with a negative BE, will look back on that decision in a few weeks, going what was I thinking? Harper has played his way out of the team, at the same time as Burbo has played his way into it. Parker is out for a while. Plays the bye. With Turbo playing, Manly backs can score anything.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed May 11, 2022 12:51 am

Are people still on the McInness train? Wish they'd just make it easy and name him at 13, but surely he still starts with the same late shuffle as last week?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed May 11, 2022 12:58 am

Really surprised that I am not seeing any discussion of bringing in Watson.

Starting HOK available at MID, has the spot for a while through injury, but could easily keep it on merit. Is a much better player than Verrills, who was getting big minutes and decent scoring before injury.

Could easily gun it in that Roosters team, rather than knights where he averaged 58 at HOK under old rules. 60+ average certainly not out of the question for him. Plays the bye, massive POD, potential $605k keeper.

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 10:54 am