NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:39 pm

BCT05 wrote:

Yeah but once the plan was for Brimson to go into the halves then if they didn't back Campbell they would have done something about it in the offseason. Just seems like a "hmm if Campbell doesn't work out, or gets injured, we are really thin at fullback so we might as well grab Isaako for the year"
    Something has changed, or they wouldn't be bringing him in. At the very least Campbell will be feeling the heat of another fullback breathing down his neck, if he doesn't start playing a good team game.
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice

Post by lukeayee Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:40 pm

robelgordo wrote:

I think it's the bias lol

We've just spent a whole weekend here with people crying about the Titans being unable to find a pass to their most dangerous attacking asset.

Now let's criticise a guy for offering "no threat" except throwing bullets to their most dangerous attacking asset.

I know everyone here hates him, but it's becoming unhinged when people think he might get dropped for Isaako, or isn't in the top half a dozen or so FBs in the comp.

Which absolute moron said Gutho would be dropped for Isaako.

Get your hand off it.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:46 pm

Barry Toohey saying Barnett to edge as expected.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:48 pm

It’s not Jennings guys my mate got told another thing by Kenny who tricked him lol, it’s gonna be Taylan May.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:50 pm

BCT05 wrote:

Yeah but once the plan was for Brimson to go into the halves then if they didn't back Campbell they would have done something about it in the offseason. Just seems like a "hmm if Campbell doesn't work out, or gets injured, we are really thin at fullback so we might as well grab Isaako for the year"

This seems the most likely.

I don't think they want to replace the guy they currently have pegged as a franchise-type player with the reserve grade Broncos FB
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:52 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:It’s not Jennings guys my mate got told another thing by Kenny who tricked him lol, it’s gonna be Taylan May.

OMG Mitch Kenny, you bastard!
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:53 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:It’s not Jennings guys my mate got told another thing by Kenny who tricked him lol, it’s gonna be Taylan May.

This is gold.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:54 pm

imo they won't drop Preston Campbells son he is a very talented footballer & is the future. Isaako is a talented player but not very talented & he is the past.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:55 pm

Looking at Uto & Clark -> Jing and Starling
    400k ITB

Hoping Jing makes about 80k in the next 3 weeks and starling will be a slow burn, and hooker cover that won't lose $$.

Jing and Bully will then go straight to cleary and a cheap cow who will present himself and i'll be away laughing.

Can't help but feel both trades are slightly sideways, however both options provide cash generation vs cash loss for the similar scores.

Saved 2 trades last week also.. any thoughts? I would love some group think to be able to blame this on should it not work out
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:56 pm

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 16 - That's a Starling Choice - Page 8 Giphy

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:16 pm

I mean, he wouldn't trick him again now would he?
    Or maybe Kenny is a member on here and threw this new rumor to get you off the scent
    Intriguing

Now completely related haha:

Last edited by Boozecluez on Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
    trenzil
    trenzil

Post by trenzil Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:16 pm

Who do we reckon is the more urgent trade target this week out of Ilias and Amone? Just had a look at last week’s scores and 12 of Amone’s 27 points came from turnover tackles Shocked
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:17 pm

trenzil wrote:Who do we reckon is the more urgent trade target this week out of Ilias and Amone? Just had a look at last week’s scores and 12 of Amone’s 27 points came from turnover tackles Shocked
    Both rubbish. Wait for a decent base pricer and move them on
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:17 pm

After holding fire last week, this week Ima gonna pull the trigger...
    "Bye. Bye. Bye Lolo"
    Lolo & Watson > Yeo & Starling
    I didn't want to have to dump Watto (I love him as a player IRL, except that he left the Knights) but he funds Yeo (a better C option than Lazy-ass Fifita) and Starling is a coin goat on a platter. He may be a knob, but he's going to make coin.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:20 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:After holding fire last week, this week Ima gonna pull the trigger...
    "Bye. Bye. Bye Lolo"
    Lolo & Watson > Yeo & Starling
    I didn't want to have to dump Watto (I love him as a player IRL, except that he left the Knights) but he funds Yeo (a better C option than Lazy-ass Fifita) and Starling is a coin goat on a platter. He may be a knob, but he's going to make coin.

Thats what the game is about, sometimes you need to clear out the old reliable much loved sterling silverware
    All to make space for the new and cheaper imported Yeo olde Starling variety
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:24 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Or maybe Kenny is a member on here and through this new rumor to get you off the scent
    Intriguing

Could not understand the headlines making this a big deal saying Smith is disrespectful etc and that Souths were upset at it. Makes no sense at all.
    The guy was literally giving the Storm and their crowd shit after slotting the field goal and Smith was doing it back after they won, showing Latrell was being a total Turkey doing so before the game was over.
    If Latrell really was offended by this, then he really is the big child most think he is

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:30 pm

ShadowSabre wrote:

Could not understand the headlines making this a big deal saying Smith is disrespectful etc and that Souths were upset at it. Makes no sense at all.
    The guy was literally giving the Storm and their crowd shit after slotting the field goal and Smith was doing it back after they won, showing Latrell was being a total Turkey doing so before the game was over.
    If Latrell really was offended by this, then he really is the big child most think he is

It’s a news story blowup, latrell on twitter even comments on the news story and says “got me cheese and character of the game” and smith calls him “hulk hogan”

I just find smith the ultimate shit stirrer funny and the look on his face doing it priceless

It’s like Ennis the player, hated him against but as a sharks fan it was fun.
    Love the Viking clap in Canberra, we need these types and they take as much as they give out too

Last edited by Boozecluez on Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:30 pm

trenzil wrote:Who do we reckon is the more urgent trade target this week out of Ilias and Amone? Just had a look at last week’s scores and 12 of Amone’s 27 points came from turnover tackles Shocked

I'd say Amone first.

Ilias could eventually get a higher base once Souths get into gear. They were about 50% completion on the weekend, so even finishing sets gets him some extra kicking metres. Then if they actually click in attack, there might be some more. Could see him getting to 30-35 avg, eventually. But it'll be a slow burn.

Amone costs more and is going to be heavily contingent on non-base attacking stats, and from what I've seen so far he's not anywhere near the front of the queue to get them the way the Dragons are setup.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:50 pm

Did a quick switcho changeo between Amone and Tago last week….don’t regret it. Ilias can stew in emergencies for a bit
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:50 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Or maybe Kenny is a member on here and threw this new rumor to get you off the scent
    Intriguing

ShadowSabre wrote:

Boozecluez wrote:

It’s a news story blowup, latrell on twitter even comments on the news story and says “got me cheese and character of the game” and smith calls him “hulk hogan”

I just find smith the ultimate shit stirrer funny and the look on his face doing it priceless

It’s like Ennis the player, hated him against but as a sharks fan it was fun.
    Love the Viking clap in Canberra, we need these types and they take as much as they give out too

Smith did that face to taunt the Carty Party tribe

it was totally not related to Latrell

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:41 am