NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 7 - Guess the total fantasy points scored Thursday!

mickspicks
    mickspicks

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 7 - Guess the total fantasy points scored Thursday! - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 7 - Guess the total fantasy points scored Thursday!

Post by mickspicks Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:13 am

Ilias... I had him in my team, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder exactly how that's going to play out. Walker, Cook, Murray and Arrow, Fatrell... even Kolo. That's a lot of ball players.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 7 - Guess the total fantasy points scored Thursday! - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 7 - Guess the total fantasy points scored Thursday!

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:14 am

my tv broke wrote:

Is this based on anything tangible or is it a mattnz special?

From brief digging no one seems to know how the edges will work at the cows

Matt's convinced Nanai is 80 min and that Luki is Kikau-lite. He's probably right, but nothing concrete whatsoever that I'm aware of.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:15 am

Thought I’d put together a team with Aitken and Burton. I’m not overly sure I want to run two 500k+ players in that wasteland though. Oh well here it is.

Randall
    Uto, Mann, Bully
    Fifita(c), Fermor
    Sexton, Clifford
    Burton, Aitken
    Pappy, Hynes, Coates

Randall, Nanai, Tuilagi, MKing
    Crichton, JKing, Ilias, Schneider

Thoughts?
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:16 am

Antipodean1 wrote:

Teddy's first 4 rounds in 2021 75,72,52, 60 then he picked up an injury lasted two ave games and crashed round 7.

He started fine last season. Besides apart from Papy and Hynes, I don't like any other FB and 695k seems cheap enough for a proven gun in a tricky position.

You just pointed out another reason why I don't post too often - I don't do my homework. Very Happy
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:16 am

ytsb wrote:My rationale to alleviate the risk of running cheap edges (currently Fermor, Nanai, Tuilagi) is to stake the MID, allowing me to shift iPap downstairs if required. However, this leaves other positions quite barebones.

Is anybody else running Tago, Penis, Paulo as their centres? I'm off Burton, Aitken might get shifted to centre if there's a man down in the backline, and Bird is not the word.
    I had D. Fifita but now I may take Ipap due to the DPP. I have Bird in my second row and Penisini, B. Smith and Tago as centres.

Brave man taking J. Paulo he looked bad in both trials.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:17 am

mickspicks wrote:Ilias... I had him in my team, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder exactly how that's going to play out. Walker, Cook, Murray and Arrow, Fatrell... even Kolo. That's a lot of ball players.

He could be this season's leading try assist assister
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:18 am

Can someone explain the importance of Hooker cover to me?
    I don`t know how I feel about my team bringing in a gun hooker to go with Randall (I don`t like the cheap options)
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:19 am

Revraiser wrote:

How bad for u Mulvy?

Worse than a cold, better than the flu (triple vaxxed). Pretty good today (day 5)

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:21 am

Honey Badger wrote:

Ive got Haas, AFB and Mann as my mids. He scored well in the middle as a hooker so hoping he can do that at 13. Just worried he plays the link man too much and doesn't run the ball.

Would love to see your setup. trying to fit AFB into my own team.
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:21 am

The Goat Boys wrote:Can someone explain the importance of Hooker cover to me?
    I don`t know how I feel about my team bringing in a gun hooker to go with Randall (I don`t like the cheap options)

Randall gets a negative RAT test few hours before the game.

Now you have no hooker
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:22 am

With hooker and middle being a waste land I’m surprised to not see more teams gunning it in those positions
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:22 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:Latest team

Hok - E Clark
    Mid - j taumalolo, c Welch, j Paulo
    Edg - d. Fifita , b fermor
    Half - m Moses, n Hynes
    Ctr - m burton , W penisi
    Wfb - r papenhuysen, the hammer, s Crichton

Int- Randall, Ilias, tuilagi, j. King

Emg- Schneider, m. King, Walters, Russell,

69k in bank

Had so many iterations of this team,

Clark does offer value so happy with him,
    Presume most will think my mids are too middy but understand that
    Really like Josh king, think he’s a steal
    Not worried about Hynes and burton, have faith in them

Still question over papy regarding fitness etc but couldn’t face not having him if he runs riot round 1
    Similar with David fifita

One thing I’m worried about is lack of dual position forwards, is this a major oversight, plenty of dpp options I could slide in

You do have some PODs there, the only players I would question are Welch, Hammer, Walters, Russell.

Welch is ave 48, so not going to make $ and not going to be a gun you want for the run in. Basically a reasonable scoring placeholder, unless you think he is going to start pumping out 55s?
    Hammer is a 35 ave FB with plenty of talent in a so-so team going to play a lot of wet games this season. Either go up to a genuine keeper or a cheaper cash making potential player. (not easy I opted for 3 guns in FB.)
    Walters is a potential cow, I have gone for others instead but have my eye on him if he gets the 6, but Kevvy will end up rotating looking for wins.
    Russell is in the team I think could challenge for the prem this season, but he is a winger with pretty low base, but hey he might snag a few tries early doors and get some cash gen.

Those are my thoughts on your team - good luck Smile

Last edited by Antipodean1 on Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:22 am

Joey Superior wrote:Are people saving enough bank to bring Cleary in? A Milli is still a big chunk to get to... look at it this way will need to have over 1.2 mil to bring in a base cow + Cleary

Nah, I have supreme confidence I'll pick enough duds/injuries that I can trade out..
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:23 am

Regulator wrote:

Now you have no hooker

Isn't it a positive test?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:24 am

The Goat Boys wrote:Can someone explain the importance of Hooker cover to me?

It just means you dont have to immediately trade if he cops and injury or suspension. Ideally, you would want some level of cover across all positions.

It can hurt you early season if you are forced to trade out randall when there are literally no other cheap hookers available. While youre also trying to fix up othr dramas in your side.

If you have cover you can just stash randall in nprs for a week or two or three
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:24 am

Mulvy wrote:

Worse than a cold, better than the flu (triple vaxxed). Pretty good today (day 5)

Wow so variable for everyone, cheers mate
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:24 am

Mulvy wrote:

Had a mate who didn't have the third shot before he caught it.
    4 weeks later and he's still on steroids trying to get his lung capacity back.
    His partner had similar experience to you by the sounds of it and their toddler was grumpy with a runny nose.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:25 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I had D. Fifita but now I may take Ipap due to the DPP. I have Bird in my second row and Penisini, B. Smith and Tago as centres.

Brave man taking J. Paulo he looked bad in both trials.

Captain this year and offload bonus - I think he's in for a big year also.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:26 am

Regulator wrote:

Now you have no hooker

You mean a positive RAT test right?
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:27 am

Antipodean1 wrote:

Welch is ave 48, so not going to make $ and not going to be a gun you want for the run in. Basically a reasonable scoring placeholder, unless you think he is going to start pumping out 55s?
    Hammer is a 35 ave FB with plenty of talent in a so-so team going to play a lot of wet games this season. Either go up to a genuine keeper or a cheaper cash making potential player. (not easy I opted for 3 guns in FB.)
    Walters is a potential cow, I have gone for others instead but have my eye on him if he gets the 6, but Kevvy will end up rotating looking for wins.
    Russell is in the team I think could challenge for the prem this season, but he is a winger with pretty low base, but hey he might snag a few tries early doors and get some cash gen.

Those are my thoughts on your team - good luck Smile

Thank you for the comments, Appreciated,

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:11 pm