NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 7 - Guess the total fantasy points scored Thursday!

toast
    toast

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 7 - Guess the total fantasy points scored Thursday! - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 7 - Guess the total fantasy points scored Thursday!

Post by toast Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:52 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Is this based on anything tangible or is it a mattnz special?

From brief digging no one seems to know how the edges will work at the cows

Someone on here was saying they played with/against him and he was a gun for what that's worth
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 7 - Guess the total fantasy points scored Thursday! - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 7 - Guess the total fantasy points scored Thursday!

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:53 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Is this based on anything tangible or is it a mattnz special?

From brief digging no one seems to know how the edges will work at the cows

Luki looking like getting Kikau minutes as he has in the past. Nanai has played 80 minutes in 1 of 2 starts, 68 in the other.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:56 pm

mattnz wrote:

Luki looking like getting Kikau minutes as he has in the past. Nanai has played 80 minutes in 1 of 2 starts, 68 in the other.

I dunt think that is conclusive evidence..

You could just as easily argue Luki has played more NRL, debuted ahead of nanai, and is the one who gets the 80 role

Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:57 pm

I'm worried about which guns will lose cash at the start of the season. Teddy looked like a solid pick last year, but didn't gun it. There were quite a few others.

I've had Clune in all of my team drafts, but no one here seems to have any interest in him. Spose I'm a sucker for a cheap half.

So many of the cheapish mids and edges also have questionable job security. I guess that is the gamble and maybe buying the more expensive options are safer because if they fail I get the cheaper options if they are firing.

I don't post too much because I've never done too well in fantasy and I enjoy reading more than posting.

Love the forum.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:58 pm

mattnz wrote:

I hear from a podcast I listen to, that Nanai likely to play the bigger minutes and Luki will rotate with the bench. But who knows. Nanai has made my 14-17 for now. Plenty of upside if he gets 60mins+

Last edited by Antipodean1 on Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:58 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:On the subject of HOKs ...

Is there any reason why STARLING dropped off the face of everyone's team? I cannot see any reason why he does reassume the role he played at the end of last season - coming on around the 25-minute mark and playing out the rest of the game???

The bench that has been listed appears to support this?

I think so mate, the only change that's likely there is he get's the starting gig anyhow. Ricky and Hodgo's relationship last year wasn't exactly ideal.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:59 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I dunt think that is conclusive evidence..

You could just as easily argue Luki has played more NRL, debuted ahead of nanai, and is the one who gets the 80 role

Nanai has 3 starts in QLD Cup, played 80 minutes in all of them, including 2 games at prop. Must have a huge engine!
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:00 pm

Mulvy wrote:

lol!

I tested positive last Friday. Got it from son who tested positive last Monday. Wife negative so far....

How bad for u Mulvy?
    danaconda86
    danaconda86

Post by danaconda86 Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:00 pm

TU: Fermor, Aitken, A. Fifita (EMG)
    TD: Mann, Tago, E. Katoa
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:01 pm

My rationale to alleviate the risk of running cheap edges (currently Fermor, Nanai, Tuilagi) is to stake the MID, allowing me to shift iPap downstairs if required. However, this leaves other positions quite barebones.

Is anybody else running Tago, Penis, Paulo as their centres? I'm off Burton, Aitken might get shifted to centre if there's a man down in the backline, and Bird is not the word.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:02 pm

Draft #34279 but fairly happy with this. In saying that I'll probably just keep making changes

Mahoney
    IPap/Crichton, AFB, JDB - still can't decide on IPap or Crichton
    Fermor, Nanai
    Ilias, Schneider
    Burton, Penisini
    Papi, Hynes, Crichton

Mann, Randall, Bullemor, Tuilagi
    Tago, Coates, M.King, Walters

If Papi is a late out then I'll sub in Coates, then trade Papi to Sexton , or straight swap to Gutho as a POD
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:04 pm

Holy Moly wrote:I'm worried about which guns will lose cash at the start of the season. Teddy looked like a solid pick last year, but didn't gun it. There were quite a few others.

I've had Clune in all of my team drafts, but no one here seems to have any interest in him. Spose I'm a sucker for a cheap half.

So many of the cheapish mids and edges also have questionable job security. I guess that is the gamble and maybe buying the more expensive options are safer because if they fail I get the cheaper options if they are firing.

I don't post too much because I've never done too well in fantasy and I enjoy reading more than posting.

Love the forum.

Teddy's first 4 rounds in 2021 75,72,52, 60 then he picked up an injury lasted two ave games and crashed round 7.

He started fine last season. Besides apart from Papy and Hynes, I don't like any other FB and 695k seems cheap enough for a proven gun in a tricky position.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:07 pm

26hrs til scheduled kick off! Very Happy
    Joey Superior
    Joey Superior

Post by Joey Superior Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:07 pm

Are people saving enough bank to bring Cleary in? A Milli is still a big chunk to get to... look at it this way will need to have over 1.2 mil to bring in a base cow + Cleary
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:09 pm

Joey Superior wrote:Are people saving enough bank to bring Cleary in? A Milli is still a big chunk to get to... look at it this way will need to have over 1.2 mil to bring in a base cow + Cleary

Nope, if he comes back and kills it, I'll move whoever I need to get him.

Don't trade a keeper doesn't apply when it means getting Cleary in.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:10 pm

Latest team

Hok - E Clark
    Mid - j taumalolo, c Welch, j Paulo
    Edg - d. Fifita , b fermor
    Half - m Moses, n Hynes
    Ctr - m burton , W penisi
    Wfb - r papenhuysen, the hammer, s Crichton

Int- Randall, Ilias, tuilagi, j. King

Emg- Schneider, m. King, Walters, Russell,

69k in bank

Had so many iterations of this team,

Clark does offer value so happy with him,
    Presume most will think my mids are too middy but understand that
    Really like Josh king, think he’s a steal
    Not worried about Hynes and burton, have faith in them

Still question over papy regarding fitness etc but couldn’t face not having him if he runs riot round 1
    Similar with David fifita

One thing I’m worried about is lack of dual position forwards, is this a major oversight, plenty of dpp options I could slide in
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:10 pm

my tv broke wrote:

What rotations do we see where cotter gets enough mins, regularly?

If he comes on and finishes the game out, who doesnt return? Given lolo will finish the game out, and coach already indicated Jtb will.. would hess play one stint in the firat half and not come back.. ? Seems odd.

Hess actually had two stints in the first half in the trial. So maybe.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:11 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:I wonder if it's suicide to create a team without Nanai, Bullemor, Tago and S.Crichton.

All day I wanted to squeeze Lolo into my team and gave up before getting rid of those four and seeing how it looks. Gun-heavy but now missing all the most likely cows and relying mostly on doubtful $240K options.

All 4 of those players are marginal, Nanai might be the best if he gets bigger minutes than Luki, which appears likely going on past minutes.

I think Crichton is well overrated and will have 6 points value, so no gun in CTR. Tago is on the right and panthers tend to go left, but he is in a great team (when Cleary starts). Bully has 4 weeks to make any $ before schuster reappears.

In saying that I am running all but Tago affraid - But I am happy enough with the balance of my team even with those 3.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:13 pm

Antipodean1 wrote:

Teddy's first 4 rounds in 2021 75,72,52, 60 then he picked up an injury lasted two ave games and crashed round 7.

He started fine last season. Besides apart from Papy and Hynes, I don't like any other FB and 695k seems cheap enough for a proven gun in a tricky position.

I am thinking to start with Teddy. Got all the troops back. Roosters should hit the ground running..
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:13 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I just adjusted Moses's scores to the KM and TB nerfs and he loses 9 points a game, down from 59.2 to 50.2. He loses an average of 6.67 points a game from the KM nerf alone, so he's one of the most affected by it

Hmm thanks for that I was meaning to make those adjustments myself as I did figure he would be highly affected on the KM front. Might have to reassess that pick

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:32 pm