NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh?

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh? - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh?

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:41 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

What now? Missed a lot of preseason stuff, but why is this happening?
    Had a bit  of a minor knee surgery done.

Mate what are your thoughts re Penisini, Paulo and Russell fantasy prospects from your boys?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh? - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh?

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:02 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Had a bit  of a minor knee surgery done.

Mate what are your thoughts re Penisini, Paulo and Russell fantasy prospects from your boys?

Shit, didn't know that at all. Guess I have $780K to play with. Sad

Mate, to be completely honest I've attacked this preseason with significant unawareness. I always get so invested in the preseason and spend literal hours per day on this stuff, only to start from scratch on the first tlt. I have a team, I listen to podcasts and drop in here infrequently, but trying to stay calm until first tlt.

So in saying that, I like Penisini but to be honest I removed him from my team yesterday as I'm not sure I want to be dropping $350K on a position with good potential keeper options, as well as some good possible (cheaper) cheapies. Just not sure I need Penisini, but I am interested. And to be honest, with McInnes out I might reshuffle Penisini back in as I do think he could be pretty decent, and I need at least one Eel in my team.

As for the other two, can't say I have any interest in Paulo even if he should hopefully better last years efforts. Very embarrassed to say I'm not sure who Russell is. Will investigate though...
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:55 pm

Seeing as anyone can be an expert on players from their own club, here's filth's run down on the Warriors squad for this weekend's trial:

1. Chanel Harris-Tavita - triple banger name at fullback is a successful option for warriors 8/10
    2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak - triple banger names on the wing seem to be ok to 6/10
    3. Rocco Berry - sounds like an ice cream flavour 9/10
    4. Viliami Vailea - double initial. Never trust anyone with a double initial. Clear trap. 2/10
    5. Marcelo Montoya - see previous post although you can say "my name is marcelo monytoya you killed my father prepare to die" so one extra point for that 3/10
    6. Kodi Nikorima - agent Kodi banks two in europe was a fun movie but Anthony Anderson was in it. Double initial. Score reduced. 5/10
    7. Shaun Johnson - never heard of him ?/10
    8. Addin Fonua-Blake - triple banger but loses points for being a fuckwit both on and off the field. 6/10
    9. Wayde Egan - my psychic told me big season ahead for someone whose name starts with W. Risk it. 10/10
    10. Bunty Afoa - cool name. cool hair. 9/10
    11. Euan Aitken - I knew a guy in school whose surname was Aitken and he was a fuckwit. Coincidentally he also had the double initial. 3/10
    12. Eliesa Katoa - Great player but loses points for having a common surname. No one with a common surname has ever been good at rugby league 7/10
    13. Josh Curran - Josh's are mostly nice people but have their own agendas. A guy called Josh tried to break up me and my ex once. Looking back I probably should have let him 9/10

Interchange
    14. Jazz Tevaga - First name is a genre of music. Good sign. 9/10
    15. Otukinekina Kepu - Extra points because Brandy will never be able to prounce his name properly and Erin Molan will make some racist joke about him on sky news. Expect him to make his mark in first grade on this basis alone. 10/10
    16. Ben Murdoch-Masila - murdoch was cool in the a-team but I'm not sure Ben will be a-team material this year. Also that double initial in his surname is a huge red flag. 4/10
    17. Aaron Pene - Former storm player willing to lower his standards for cash. I like it. 8/10
    18. Bayley Sironen - surname of a league great, first name spelt stupidly. That's all the signs of a good 2022 7/10
    20. Taniela Otukolo - star sign: Gemini. avoid at all costs. 1/10
    21. Ash Taylor - expect him to be picked ahead of that no name half back but will probably be average at best 5/10
    22. Edward Kosi - he has a nice smile and looks like he's just happy to be there 8/10
    23. Jack Murchie - Looks like rob beckett who is very funny 9/10
    24. Adam Pompey - Pompey is fun to say. Pompey Pompey Pompey! but really the double initial gang have shafted him out of his starting spot so he's a no buy 3/10
    25. Junior Ratuva - sick cunt. will score tries 7/10
    26. Jayden Corrigan - Dumb name. Means he's probably good at league 6/10
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

Post by Hannah2 Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:02 pm

Just looking for some Storm knowledge.
    I've just read that Pappy is in doubt for the first few rounds, and Munster is being considered to play FB. So my question is, who plays five-eight?
    Cooper Johns, maybe?
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:09 pm

filthridden wrote:Seeing as anyone can be an expert on players from their own club, here's filth's run down on the Warriors squad for this weekend's trial:

1. Chanel Harris-Tavita - triple banger name at fullback is a successful option for warriors 8/10
    2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak - triple banger names on the wing seem to be ok to 6/10
    4. Viliami Vailea - double initial. Never trust anyone with a double initial. Clear trap. 2/10
    5. Marcelo Montoya - see previous post although you can say "my name is marcelo monytoya you killed my father prepare to die" so one extra point for that 3/10
    6. Kodi Nikorima - agent Kodi banks two in europe was a fun movie but Anthony Anderson was in it. Double initial. Score reduced. 5/10
    8. Addin Fonua-Blake - triple banger but loses points for being a fuckwit both on and off the field. 6/10
    9. Wayde Egan - my psychic told me big season ahead for someone whose name starts with W. Risk it. 10/10
    11. Euan Aitken - I knew a guy in school whose surname was Aitken and he was a fuckwit. Coincidentally he also had the double initial. 3/10
    12. Eliesa Katoa - Great player but loses points for having a common surname. No one with a common surname has ever been good at rugby league 7/10
    13. Josh Curran - Josh's are mostly nice people but have their own agendas. A guy called Josh tried to break up me and my ex once. Looking back I probably should have let him 9/10

Interchange
    15. Otukinekina Kepu - Extra points because Brandy will never be able to prounce his name properly and Erin Molan will make some racist joke about him on sky news. Expect him to make his mark in first grade on this basis alone. 10/10
    16. Ben Murdoch-Masila - murdoch was cool in the a-team but I'm not sure Ben will be a-team material this year. Also that double initial in his surname is a huge red flag. 4/10
    17. Aaron Pene - Former storm player willing to lower his standards for cash. I like it. 8/10
    18. Bayley Sironen - surname of a league great, first name spelt stupidly. That's all the signs of a good 2022 7/10
    21. Ash Taylor - expect him to be picked ahead of that no name half back but will probably be average at best 5/10
    22. Edward Kosi - he has a nice smile and looks like he's just happy to be there 8/10
    24. Adam Pompey - Pompey is fun to say. Pompey Pompey Pompey! but really the double initial gang have shafted him out of his starting spot so he's a no buy 3/10

Hilarious and brilliant. Thank you for the laughs.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:13 pm

filthridden wrote:Seeing as anyone can be an expert on players from their own club, here's filth's run down on the Warriors squad for this weekend's trial:

Interchange

Invaluable. Didn't have any Warriors in my squad before that post, now I have 15.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:22 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Sorry bro, I am not a fish. I am a cetacean. Dolphins are intricately pleated kents and do not post fantasy irrelevant teams from New Zealand

Next time you should ask @filthridden. He some keen insight into what you desire!
    Papadontbleach
    Papadontbleach

Post by Papadontbleach Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:28 pm

Raiders posted an interview with Jamal Fogarty, he was talking like he is the backup kicker behind Croker. Which is good because even for under $300K, we need Croker to kick goals for him to make $.

He probably needs to do some other shit too, but the goals will help. Not an expert.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:09 pm

I’ve just made my mids watchlist I’ll pick from this:

Haas, Angus, Jackson, Murray, TPJ, Cheese, Uto, Welch, Paulo, Arrow, Peachey, Gilbert, James, JTB, Kobe, Hamlin Uele, Seyfarth, GBurgess, Leniu, J King, M. King, Fifita, Ese’Ese, Lisone

Oh and probs Mann

Oh and Cotter lol!
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:02 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:I’ve just made my mids watchlist I’ll pick from this:

Haas, Angus, Jackson, Murray, TPJ, Cheese, Uto, Welch, Paulo, Arrow, Peachey, Gilbert, James, JTB, Kobe, Hamlin Uele, Seyfarth, GBurgess, Leniu, J King, M. King, Fifita, Ese’Ese, Lisone

Oh and probs Mann

Oh and Cotter lol!

Good to see you have narrowed it down Razz
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:09 pm

mattnz wrote:

Good to see you have narrowed it down Razz
    There are ones I have high on that list though!

I know he’s suspended round 1 but do we think Cheese is a good option 678k and DPP. In 55min games or more last year his avg was 57.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:31 pm

Interchange

I don't think post of the year has ever come from pre-season, but someone bookmark this for future reference ClapClap😂
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:42 pm

What's the best thing about pre-season?

"Filth's previews" is the wrong answer

The correct answer is random posting of draft teams. so here is one

Randall
    TPJ Uto Bullemor
    Fifita Nanai
    Cleary Sexton
    Burton Tago
    Hynes Crichton Coates

Fermor Paix Ilias Tuilagi
    AFifita ($867k worth of cheapies)

Gun in every position*, bit of depth about. Just need TLT to be kind enough to let it happen

*except for the fantasy wasteland that is hooker. Who needs those, right?

Last edited by Milchcow on Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:43 pm

filthridden wrote:Chad Townsend named captain of the cowboys the same day Putin invades Ukraine.

Coincidence?!?!
    I don't see the connection. One has good hair, the other doesn't. I'll give you a hint....

<<<<<<<<<< THIS GUY
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:47 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:Who’s not gonna be a cat and get both TPJ and J hetho
    I’ve got Patolo in my 18-21 as there can only be a round or two before one (or both) are suspended for about 6 weeks.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:53 pm

Anyone considering giving Rd 1 a miss? The amount of players out looks utterly rediculous! Is it always like this or is this just a bit of bad luck?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:28 pm

Milchcow wrote:What's the best thing about pre-season?

"Filth's previews" is the wrong answer

The correct answer is random posting of draft teams. so here is one

Randall
    TPJ Uto Bullemor
    Fifita Nanai
    Cleary Sexton
    Burton Tago
    Hynes Crichton Coates

Fermor Paix Ilias Tuilagi
    AFifita ($867k worth of cheapies)

Gun in every position*, bit of depth about. Just need TLT to be kind enough to let it happen.

*except for the fantasy wasteland that is hooker. Who needs those, right?

Assume there's WFB/CTR depth among the cheapies.

Is Papy just a red line now? I'd definitely start with him if I knew it was only going to be a week, but bloody Storm, man.

What's your plan to get him in if he does come back quick, just sell Sexton when he fails to score 59?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:36 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Assume there's WFB/CTR depth among the cheapies.

Is Papy just a red line now? I'd definitely start with him if I knew it was only going to be a week, but bloody Storm, man.

What's your plan to get him in if he does come back quick, just sell Sexton when he fails to score 59?

I've got room for any of the ~$350k cheapies in the last 3 players. Whichever one I am most impressed by. Then just hope guys like Billy Walters get a run to fill out the 21

If Pappy plays I'd drop Hynes or Sexton I guess.
    Otherwise just work it out. Would probably wait a week when he returns to make sure he is fit before jumping on him anyway.

I am not too attached to any specific member of the team anyway. Its sure to change around a bit in the next 2 weeks. More just checking structure and seeing what sacrifices have to be made to get a good number of guns in.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:37 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:Anyone considering giving Rd 1 a miss? The amount of players out looks utterly rediculous! Is it always like this or is this just a bit of bad luck?

If I had access to, say, another email account then I would maybe run a team with Papy, Munster, Latrell and Cheese in the 18-21, take a 100-200 point hit in Round One and see where it goes from there.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:41 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Sorry bro, I am not a fish. I am a cetacean. Dolphins are intricately pleated kents and do not post fantasy irrelevant teams from New Zealand

Mildly arrogant enough to give me Rabbit vibes, but nowhere near arrogant enough. Too prolific, and somewhat helpful to be Rabbit anyway. Contrarian but not Mattnz level contrarian. Mod level wittiness. A lack of SI posts to date. Form for alts. I'm gonna say the alt is the resident softcock.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 am