NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh?

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh? - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh?

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:44 am

Mulvy wrote:

Mildly arrogant enough to give me Rabbit vibes, but nowhere near arrogant enough. Too prolific, and somewhat helpful to be Rabbit anyway. Contrarian but not Mattnz level contrarian. Mod level wittiness. A lack of SI posts to date. Form for alts. I'm gonna say the alt is the resident softcock.

It's not Rabbit because he writes in sentences and has been here weeks without completely blowing up and giving the game away.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh? - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh?

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:52 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

It's not Rabbit because he writes in sentences and has been here weeks without completely blowing up and giving the game away.

True. I wonder if Stew has any thoughts on the matter?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:53 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

It's not Rabbit because that slug would never ever come back here because why does he need it?

Peasants. I mean no fucker is that sad to claim all that bollcoks and continuously keep coming back
    Stew
    Stew

Post by Stew Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:07 am

Mulvy wrote:

True. I wonder if Stew has any thoughts on the matter?

You can’t spell The Dolphin Conspiracies without “SI”.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:12 am

Aardvark wrote:It a risky strategy picky someone on the basis that they are a chance of replacing someone who may or may not get suspended. I have a hard enough time managing the players I pick who are actually named to start.
    My logic would tell me to pick the better player, hope he doesn't get suspended and if he does, use a trade to pick up his replacement. I'm not sure you are saving a trade picking someone who will get zero or bugger all minutes while waiting for someone else to get suspended.

He might get good game time over the course of the season, but he might not. There is also the opportunity cost of not picking a player who is actually increasing his value during the wait.

I'm fully aware that Mad Jack will blow my theory away by being placed on report for three separate offences in Rd1 but if he does the time to contemplate his replacement is then.

I think this is an excellent post. I wouldn't pick a player on the chance they might get a start at some stage. Too much opportunity cost. Exception would be if they were already a part of the 17 with a tiny bit of upside and one injury away from a decent role then maybe.
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:14 am

Welshy wrote:

It's not Rabbit because that slug would never ever come back here because why does he need it?

Peasants. I mean no fucker is that sad to claim all that bollcoks and continuously keep coming back

I dunno that guy was pretty fucking pathetic.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:17 am

Mulvy wrote:
    The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Sorry bro, I am not a fish. I am a cetacean. Dolphins are intricately pleated kents and do not post fantasy irrelevant teams from New Zealand

I'm gonna say the alt is the resident softcock.

I personally don't think @Snatchpato is the kinda guy to have an alt...
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:21 am

Mulvy wrote:

I think this is an excellent post. I wouldn't pick a player on the chance they might get a start at some stage. Too much opportunity cost. Exception would be if they were already a part of the 17 with a tiny bit of upside and one injury away from a decent role then maybe.

Yep. There are occasional players where you *know* they're going to get a starting run soon from bottom price. Grant would be an example when everyone knew he was getting loaned to the Tigers but it hadn't happened by the start of the season. Suaalii might be an example this year, but he's not base price so probably best to wait until he's fit. Patolo is not an example. He looks pretty decent for a bench spot (and he played bench middle not edge in the first trial as far as I could see) but is behind two players the club rate highly for 2RF, and when the inevitable suspension does come who's to say it doesn't coincide with RFM coming back from injury?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:25 am

Stew wrote:

You can’t spell The Dolphin Conspiracies without “SI”.

Totally something Stew/DolphinConspricies/StandardIssue would say.

NOt tO MenTiOn, ThE OnlY gUys I'vE sEeN WriTE LikE ThiS ARe YoU AnD THat GuY FroM WEsterN ENglanD.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:30 am

Mulvy wrote:

Totally something Stew/DolphinConspricies/StandardIssue would say.

NOt tO MenTiOn, ThE OnlY gUys I'vE sEeN WriTE LikE ThiS ARe YoU AnD THat GuY FroM WEsterN ENglanD.

cunt
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:30 am

standard-issue wrote:

I personally don't think @Snatchpato is the kinda guy to have an alt...

Also, I find your avatar unsettling. Even more unsettling, I'm not sure why I find it unsettling. It's MonaLisa-esque.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:34 am

Welsh
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:35 am

standard-issue wrote:Welsh

Not this week lads! Get behind the Welsh!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:36 am

Welshy wrote:

cunt

You acknowledged it, means it's true. Very Happy I could have been talking about anyone from those glorious constituent countries of the United Kingdom.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:36 am

Mulvy wrote:

Also, I find your avatar arousing. Even more arousing, I'm not sure why I find it arousing. It's MonaLisa-esque.

FTFY
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:47 am

standard-issue wrote:

FTFY

lol!

Fucking hell, that's SI level uberwittiness. Yep, it's a word.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:16 am

Mulvy wrote:

You acknowledged it, means it's true. Very Happy  I could have been talking about anyone from those glorious constituent countries of the United Kingdom.

*province not country
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:24 am

filthridden wrote:Seeing as anyone can be an expert on players from their own club, here's filth's run down on the Warriors squad for this weekend's trial:

1. Chanel Harris-Tavita - triple banger name at fullback is a successful option for warriors 8/10
    2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak - triple banger names on the wing seem to be ok to 6/10
    3. Rocco Berry - sounds like an ice cream flavour 9/10
    4. Viliami Vailea - double initial. Never trust anyone with a double initial. Clear trap. 2/10
    5. Marcelo Montoya - see previous post although you can say "my name is marcelo monytoya you killed my father prepare to die" so one extra point for that 3/10
    6. Kodi Nikorima - agent Kodi banks two in europe was a fun movie but Anthony Anderson was in it. Double initial. Score reduced. 5/10
    7. Shaun Johnson - never heard of him ?/10
    8. Addin Fonua-Blake - triple banger but loses points for being a fuckwit both on and off the field. 6/10
    9. Wayde Egan - my psychic told me big season ahead for someone whose name starts with W. Risk it. 10/10
    10. Bunty Afoa - cool name. cool hair. 9/10
    11. Euan Aitken - I knew a guy in school whose surname was Aitken and he was a fuckwit. Coincidentally he also had the double initial. 3/10
    12. Eliesa Katoa - Great player but loses points for having a common surname. No one with a common surname has ever been good at rugby league 7/10
    13. Josh Curran - Josh's are mostly nice people but have their own agendas. A guy called Josh tried to break up me and my ex once. Looking back I probably should have let him 9/10

Interchange
    14. Jazz Tevaga - First name is a genre of music. Good sign. 9/10
    15. Otukinekina Kepu - Extra points because Brandy will never be able to prounce his name properly and Erin Molan will make some racist joke about him on sky news. Expect him to make his mark in first grade on this basis alone. 10/10
    16. Ben Murdoch-Masila - murdoch was cool in the a-team but I'm not sure Ben will be a-team material this year. Also that double initial in his surname is a huge red flag. 4/10
    17. Aaron Pene - Former storm player willing to lower his standards for cash. I like it. 8/10
    18. Bayley Sironen - surname of a league great, first name spelt stupidly. That's all the signs of a good 2022 7/10
    20. Taniela Otukolo - star sign: Gemini. avoid at all costs. 1/10
    21. Ash Taylor - expect him to be picked ahead of that no name half back but will probably be average at best 5/10
    22. Edward Kosi - he has a nice smile and looks like he's just happy to be there 8/10
    23. Jack Murchie - Looks like rob beckett who is very funny 9/10
    24. Adam Pompey - Pompey is fun to say. Pompey Pompey Pompey! but really the double initial gang have shafted him out of his starting spot so he's a no buy 3/10
    25. Junior Ratuva - sick cunt. will score tries 7/10
    26. Jayden Corrigan - Dumb name. Means he's probably good at league 6/10

Okay, so I hastily scrolled past this earlier thinking it was a team list post lol!

Some of my favourites were ice-cream flavour, Brandy's pronunciation, never heard of him. But I've read it half a dozen times now, and can't I say:
    "My name is Marcelo Monytoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die"

without pissing myself laughing. lol!
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:42 am

Any love for cotric this year,

Back home, not expensive, dual position, plenty of tries and tackle breaks in the past

Definitely considering him
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:47 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Yep. There are occasional players where you *know* they're going to get a starting run soon from bottom price. Grant would be an example when everyone knew he was getting loaned to the Tigers but it hadn't happened by the start of the season. Suaalii might be an example this year, but he's not base price so probably best to wait until he's fit. Patolo is not an example. He looks pretty decent for a bench spot (and he played bench middle not edge in the first trial as far as I could see) but is behind two players the club rate highly for 2RF, and when the inevitable suspension does come who's to say it doesn't coincide with RFM coming back from injury?

Agreed. Also, there's no need to stash a cheapie on the bench, in the current format it's counter-intuitive. Grabbing that cheap guy if he gets a run, is what we are all craving to fix our squads in the first few weeks anyway.

Some positions are tough though. I'm back to hooker. Obviously Randall, then? I'm still debating Clark, boring, probably scores shit, Boyd on bench, cheap, plays first bye versus Grant, misses rd1, role?, minutes?, plays origin, would need a decent 18th man or at least rd1 score. Leaning towards Grant.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:39 am