NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh?

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh? - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh?

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:30 am

Announce some teams ffs.
    filthridden
    filthridden

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh? - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh?

Post by filthridden Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:33 am

my tv broke wrote:Announce some teams ffs.

Team list Tuesday Friday5pm
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:34 am

Alfie wrote:

I don't reckon we have that much depth in 2RF to be honest, rate the buy personally. Schuster will eventually move to 5/8, then its down to Kelma, Davey and Bullemor for that other spot
    Lawton? You must have some coming through from NSW Cup in the next year or two also.
    Papadontbleach
    Papadontbleach

Post by Papadontbleach Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:37 am

Snatchpato wrote:TK just released a 19 minute interview with Jarrod Croker (good timing lol), but I won't get to listen to it until my drive home. I'll post my thoughts after listening if no one else has.

Some notes from me on the Croker interview, nothing too enlightening.  

He's not sure what Ricky is going to do with Hodgson/Starling this year.  Hodgson is very fit.

Most of the team has already had covid, not Croker and a handful of others (not mentioned)

Croker felt pretty good after the last trial match, body felt better than he expected.  

Savage - usual praise and comment about how he has a lot to learn about playing in the NRL week in, week out. This is consistent with what Ricky said after the trial match.  I won't be picking him, don't be trapped by him if he is named round 1, Rapana will be back.  

Who knows with the forwards, there are so many of them.  We know this.  Not fantasy relevant but Tapine is really smart, unlike his wife.  

He didn't say who has the centre spots but there was talk of Croker being on the left with Nic Cotric (wing).  He talked about competition for centre spots but I assume that is Kris and Timoko for right centre.

Last edited by Papadontbleach on Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:39 am

Papadontbleach wrote:
    He didn't say who has the centre spots but there was talk of being on the left with Nic Cotric.

TIL that cotric is back at the Raiders.

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:39 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Wow I’m so underprepared this year. Only just opened the app and have no idea what is going on haha.

Where’s MS’s pre season musings?

Step 1: select Cleary and make him captain

Step 2: select Papy, Randall, TPJ, SCrichton, Nanai, Tago and Iias

Step 3: consider the following players: Turbo, Teddy, Haas, Utoikamanu, DFifita, Hynes, Burton and Sexton (pick 3)

Step 4: select your favourite cows: Milch, Savage, Moale, JCook, Kei, Tass, Paulo, Walters, Howarth, Berrell, Mam, Koula

Step 5: select your wildcards: Bullemor, XCoates, Aitken, AFifi, Paix, Suaalii, Taaffe, Penisini, Hetherington, Cotter, Capewell, Mann, CNK, Croker

Step 6: shuffle players around daily until TLT

Step 7: after TLT, remove injured players and add cows who are named to start
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:43 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    Lawton? You must have some coming through from NSW Cup in the next year or two also.

He's more of a last resort, no dig. He played great there but more of a hooker. Siua Fotu is one that comes to mind but he's still very young. We also signed James Raumonous from the dogs, he's got decent raps on him.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:44 am

Papadontbleach wrote:

Some notes from me on the Croker interview, nothing too enlightening.  

He's not sure what Ricky is going to do with Hodgson/Starling this year.  Hodgson is very fit.

Most of the team has already had covid, not Croker and a handful of others (not mentioned)

Croker felt pretty good after the last trial match, body felt better than he expected.  

Savage - usual praise and comment about how he has a lot to learn about playing in the NRL week in, week out. This is consistent with what Ricky said after the trial match.  I won't be picking him, don't be trapped by him if he is named round 1, Rapana will be back.  

Who knows with the forwards, there are so many of them.  We know this.  Not fantasy relevant but Tapine is really smart, unlike his wife.  

He didn't say who has the centre spots but there was talk of being on the left with Nic Cotric.  He talked about competition for centre spots but I assume that is Kris and Timoko for right centre.  

Has anyone compiled anything on players who have/had not had covid leading into round 1?

Gotta keep an eye on those late changes to team lists if you're not sure.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:46 am

Chewie wrote:

Step 1: select Cleary and make him captain

Step 2: select Papy, Randall, TPJ, SCrichton, Nanai, Tago and Iias

Step 3: consider the following players: Turbo, Teddy, Haas, Utoikamanu, DFifita, Hynes, Burton and Sexton (pick 3)

Step 4: select your favourite cows: Milch, Savage, Moale, JCook, Kei, Tass, Paulo, Walters, Howarth, Berrell, Mam, Koula

Step 5: select your wildcards: Bullemor, XCoates, Aitken, AFifi, Paix, Suaalii, Taaffe, Penisini, Hetherington, Cotter, Capewell, Mann, CNK, Croker

Step 6: shuffle players around daily until TLT

Step 7: after TLT, remove injured players and add cows who are named to start

But I don't want TPJ Chewie Rolling Eyes
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:50 am

Alfie wrote:

My biggest take away from the trial for TPJ is that he is playing too close to the line on aggressive / illegal, and going to get himself suspended quickly. Was disappointed to see Waddell in the mix. Hearing Patolo has big wraps on him, but was looking to see him a step higher in the rankings.
    precursor
    precursor

Post by precursor Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:53 am

My gut feeling is that Sexton will be kicking the piss out of the ball while partnered with Brimson. Definitely makes him more attractive, KM nerf considered.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:02 am

Alfie wrote:

:Rope: :peeing:
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:08 am

Is the TPJ love purely down to more points for offloads? Or is there something else that I'm missing.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:10 am

Yeah TPJ too risky for mine. Might burn me, but can use that money to get Bird + a bit more which I think will be a good trade for the reliability.
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:13 am

mrbrownstone wrote:Is the TPJ love purely down to more points for offloads? Or is there something else that I'm missing.

Few games off the bench at the end of season too
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:14 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Speaking of TK, his interview with Justin Morgan had the following insights.

Tohu Harris is considered a 13 now, won't play edge.

Euan Aitken is now an edge player, but may play some centre due to his experience.

Despite playing centre in the trial, DWZ is a winger

Positive things were said about Aitken, Curran and Katoa. Its unlikely all 3 will start when Harris gets back though, so take a punt as you desire if you like any of them.

Was to gauge if the whole Aitken thing was a joke or not (a bit of both is my thought). I'm pretty sure towards the end he said he will play centre at some point.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:18 am

mrbrownstone wrote:Is the TPJ love purely down to more points for offloads? Or is there something else that I'm missing.

He is one of the best offloaders in the comp. Also gets a slight discount due to a few interchange games last year.

As a big minute 2nd rower he is a little underpriced (he makes as many offloads as TBs, so the scoring changes should benefit him)

Suspension risk is putting a few people off him. If he stays on the park an average of close to or above 60 is feasible, and he's about as cheap as you can get for that average
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:22 am

my tv broke wrote:Announce some teams ffs.
    [table]

Parramatta Eels

North Queensland Cowboys

Melbourne Storm

Redcliffe Dolphins

Is that enough?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:24 am

Milchcow wrote:

He is one of the best offloaders in the comp. Also gets a slight discount due to a few interchange games last year.

As a big minute 2nd rower he is a little underpriced (he makes as many offloads as TBs, so the scoring changes should benefit him)

Suspension risk is putting a few people off him. If he stays on the park an average of close to or above 60 is feasible, and he's about as cheap as you can get for that average

What he said ^^^
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:28 am

1. Clint Gutherson (C) 2. Sean Russell 3. Will Penisini 4. Waqa Blake 5. Bailey Simonsson 6. Dylan Brown 7. Mitch Moses 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Junior Paulo 11. Shaun Lane 12. Isaiah Papali’i 13. Ryan Matterson.

Interchange: 14. Makahesi Makatoa 15. Oregon Kaufusi 16. Ray Stone 17. Jake Arthur 18. Mitch Rein 19. Marata Niukore 20. Ofahiki Ogden 21. Jordan Rankin 22. Brendan Hands 23. Ky Rodwell 24. Bryce Cartwright 25. Hayze Perham 26. Solomone Naiduki 27. Tom Opacic 28. Sam Loizou.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:57 pm