NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh?

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh? - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh?

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:08 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

All the mail I've seen is that Paix has pushed Turpin out of the starting spot.

he is starting in the trial this week. that is the extent of the 'mail' tbh. everything else is just hopeful broncos fans and assumptions.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh? - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh?

Post by easytiger Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:09 pm

Trent Barrett specifically said after the first trial that Burton "he'll obviously be our dominant playmaker and our dominant kicker". Take from that what you will
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:12 pm

Chewie wrote:What's everyones thoughts on Tuilagi?

He is signed to another team for next year and they have Lucy leaving as well. Not sure if they put him ahead of Garner and have 0 starting EDG players for next season.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:16 pm

Bethany_B wrote:Am I insane for running Paix and Randall as my only hookers? It would let me have all three of Haas/Angus/Fifita, as well as Hudson Young.

$30k bank

Paix
    Haas, Angus, Bullemor
    Fifita, Young
    Cleary, Ilias
    Penisini, Tago
    Papy, Critta, Coates

Randall, Nanai, Amone, J King

J Croker, Walters, Howarth, Koula

The reason why I'm so high on Hudson Young is that he played 13 games starting on the edge last year, and played 80 minutes in every single one of them, for an average of 60.1 across those 13 games (so genuine keeper level). In fact, in his whole career, he has only had a single game in which he started on the edge but didn't play 80 minutes (round 11 2019, played 71 mins)

Thats my HOK plan. Would look to add Cotter if named at 13 as well.

Young wasn't on my radar, but fits my profile of the kind of player I look for.

The issue is they have CHN, Young, Elliott and Whitehead. Even with rumours that Whitehead may play in the even more stacked MID rotation, being Ricky, he is sure to rotate all these EDG players through the season. Last year Whitehead was the only consistent thing in the whole Raiders pack, everyone else was rotated throughout the season, and now he is the first to get moved this year.
    MayorofAlburquerque
    MayorofAlburquerque

Post by MayorofAlburquerque Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:23 pm

easytiger wrote:Trent Barrett specifically said after the first trial that Burton "he'll obviously be our dominant playmaker and our dominant kicker". Take from that what you will
    Howdy easytiger,

Thank you - I see someone is even more fantasy attuned than I.

The Mayor.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:25 pm

mattnz wrote:

He is signed to another team for next year and they have Lucy leaving as well. Not sure if they put him ahead of Garner and have 0 starting EDG players for next season.

People have got to get past this idea that players go down the pecking order if they are leaving the following year.
    Especially in teams like the Tigers where the coach will do well just to survive this season.

It may happen towards the end of the year when teams are out of contention for the finals but not before.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:40 pm

filthridden wrote:

People have got to get past this idea that players go down the pecking order if they are leaving the following year.
    Especially in teams like the Tigers where the coach will do well just to survive this season.

It may happen towards the end of the year when teams are out of contention for the finals but not before.

Yeah, as a coach I would put my best available players on the field regardless if they are leaving next season or not.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:48 pm

Chewie wrote:

Yeah, as a coach I would put my best available players on the field regardless if they are leaving next season or not.

Yeah never understood that line of thinking. If I'm a coach, I want to a) keep my job b) win the premiership this year, not next. I would simply pick my best players to do that.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:48 pm

MayorofAlburquerque wrote:
    Howdy easytiger,

Thank you - I see someone is even more fantasy attuned than I.

The Mayor.

Sorry, that was in response to you're post - I was just a bit lazy not going back to quote

But yeah, you were very attuned... whereas it had slipped into the deep dark recesses of my everyday consciousness until your mention dragged it up to the light
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:48 pm

mattnz wrote:

Maguire is under pressure to keep his job. He is not going to deliberately select a weaker team just to help out whoever coaches the Tigers next year.

Garner may get th ejob on merit, but doubt he'll get picked just because he might be there in 2023
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:49 pm

mattnz wrote:

Thats my HOK plan. Would look to add Cotter if named at 13 as well.

Young wasn't on my radar, but fits my profile of the kind of player I look for.

The issue is they have CHN, Young, Elliott and Whitehead. Even with rumours that Whitehead may play in the even more stacked MID rotation, being Ricky, he is sure to rotate all these EDG players through the season. Last year Whitehead was the only consistent thing in the whole Raiders pack, everyone else was rotated throughout the season, and now he is the first to get moved this year.

Young was very consistent as well, it was him and Whitehead as first choice edge players last year, so whether Whitehead moves or not shouldn't affect him. If anything, the stacked MID rotation helps Hudson, as they won't move him in there with all the other MIDs they have.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:00 pm

You say Hudson Yong has good security.  But in games he and Corey Harawira-Naera played together

6 times CHN started 2nd row ahead of Young (4 of those Young was on the bench, the other 2 were a start at lock and a go at halfback (!) in round 8 )
    Only twice did Young start ahead of CHN, but because those 2 were later in the season I guess Young now has that position completely locked down.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:23 pm

TK just released a 19 minute interview with Jarrod Croker (good timing lol), but I won't get to listen to it until my drive home. I'll post my thoughts after listening if no one else has.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:40 pm

Speaking of TK, his interview with Justin Morgan had the following insights.

Tohu Harris is considered a 13 now, won't play edge.

Euan Aitken is now an edge player, but may play some centre due to his experience.

Despite playing centre in the trial, DWZ is a winger

Positive things were said about Aitken, Curran and Katoa. Its unlikely all 3 will start when Harris gets back though, so take a punt as you desire if you like any of them.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:44 pm

Milchcow wrote:Tohu Harris is considered a 13 now, won't play edge.

I'm almost certain their asst coach said the same thing before the start of 2021 season, I remember trying to work out what sort of mins he'd play there.

That said, it does seem more likely to be true this year

I want to pick Katoa but he will probably get pushed back to the bench.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:18 pm

Wow I’m so underprepared this year. Only just opened the app and have no idea what is going on haha.

Where’s MS’s pre season musings?
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:23 pm

mattnz wrote:

They have Papali'i coming next year, not sure they're that worried about keeping Garner there just for the sake of continuity. The better player will play regardless of who's leaving surely

Last edited by Alfie on Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:23 pm

It's going to take a lot of self control not to pick Curran. I feel like he kicks on this year after a pretty good season last year
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:23 pm

mattnz wrote:

Is he though? Has either club made an announcement yet? If it has actually happened it is very strange. The big question is why does Manly want another 2RF or why would an up and coming 2RF want to go to a club with so much competition from a club with next to no competition.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:28 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    Is he though? Has either club made an announcement yet? If it has actually happened it is very strange. The big question is why does Manly want another 2RF or why would an up and coming 2RF want to go to a club with so much competition from a club with next to no competition.

I don't reckon we have that much depth in 2RF to be honest, rate the buy personally. Schuster will eventually move to 5/8, then its down to Kelma, Davey and Bullemor for that other spot

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:11 pm