NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Supercoach 2022

    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 3470
    Reputation : 1539
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    NRL Supercoach 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2022

    Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:25 pm

    wolfking wrote:I'm doing Supercoach this year for the first time for a buy in league.  I know the points scoring is different but should I set it up similar to fantasy?  Are there must haves in this format different to fantasy?

    Cheers for any advice lads.

    I'm certainly no expert, not even close to it... but for me, I find, in general, the same best guys are the same in Fantasy and SC. You can squeeze a bit more into your SC side, though. One of the main things I've picked up through the last couple of years is to not go light on your fullbacks. Get two guns there, and concentrate on cheapies elsewhere.

    Anyway, sorry, got no real good advice that I can think of that varies greatly to how you'd approach Fantasy. Just make sure you read the guidelines and understand how price rises work etc. Lots of points in tries too, so load up on those try scorers. Wink
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 30376
    Reputation : 10987
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 38
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Supercoach 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2022

    Post by wolfking Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:29 am

    Thanks Teeth, that's a big help.
    WT2K
    WT2K
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11399
    Reputation : 5153
    Join date : 2018-03-25
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    NRL Supercoach 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2022

    Post by WT2K Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:26 pm

    wolfking wrote:Thanks Teeth, that's a big help.

    Yea as teeth said, don't go light on fullback. Most will run a combo of Teddy/Turbo/Pap.

    This site is good for reference as newbie.
    The content guys revealed their teams last night, just to give you an idea.
    https://www.nrlsupercoachtalk.com/
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 3854
    Reputation : 1557
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

    NRL Supercoach 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2022

    Post by StuDogg101 Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:24 pm

    I just signed up too since it turns out my mates aren't doing NRLF this season. Oof. Better late than never
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

    Posts : 2164
    Reputation : 383
    Join date : 2015-09-26

    NRL Supercoach 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2022

    Post by Clack Bocks Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:31 pm

    Captain turbo let’s go
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 3470
    Reputation : 1539
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    NRL Supercoach 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2022

    Post by Teeth Eater Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:34 pm

    Clack Bocks wrote:Captain turbo let’s go

    Good luck, cob. I actually have very little fantasy interest across all formats in this game tonight, but I am so immensely keen to see what Turbo does for all those that took the plunge. Can't wait.
    WT2K
    WT2K
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11399
    Reputation : 5153
    Join date : 2018-03-25
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    NRL Supercoach 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2022

    Post by WT2K Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:51 pm

    This is me. GL all

    Mahoney (C) (Randall)
    Haas, Uto (JTB, King)
    Fifita, Angus, Aitken (Luki, Tuilagi, B Turbo)
    Keary, Mann (Schneider, Ilias)
    Fermor, Staggs, Penisini, B Smith (Tago, Amone, Vailea)
    Teddy (VC) (Papy)
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

    Posts : 2164
    Reputation : 383
    Join date : 2015-09-26

    NRL Supercoach 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2022

    Post by Clack Bocks Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:28 am

    Turbo out gives me my Cleary fund
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

    Posts : 2164
    Reputation : 383
    Join date : 2015-09-26

    NRL Supercoach 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2022

    Post by Clack Bocks Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:49 pm

    Clack Bocks wrote:Turbo out gives me my Cleary fund

    Thanks hynes for putting your hand up
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

    Posts : 4961
    Reputation : 1860
    Join date : 2018-02-05
    Age : 24
    Location : Canberra, Australia

    NRL Supercoach 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2022

    Post by Bethany_B Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:09 am

    999 for me pending the last game's updates, pretty stoked with that. Won all 7 of my H2Hs, and started the round ranked 44k, should gain a lot of ranks there.

    I'm pretty sure I know what my trades will be:

    Angus, S Walker and Bullemor out for Grant (moving Watson to 2RF), Hynes and Leo Thompson (moving Tapine to 2RF).

    Leaves me with $86k bank and the following side:

    Grant, Randall
    Haas, J King, M King, Thompson
    Fifita, Tuponiua,Tapine, Watson, E Katoa, Tuilagi
    Hynes, Schneider
    D Brown, Ilias
    Coates, Tago, Penisini, Amone, B Smith, Russell, Vailea
    Teddy, Papy
    easytiger
    easytiger

    Posts : 2957
    Reputation : 2943
    Join date : 2020-01-27

    NRL Supercoach 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2022

    Post by easytiger Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:41 am

    Sorry in advance for the dumb questions;

    But...

    Can anyone give me a basic run down on values.
    i.e. What's a SC equivalent of the Magic Number - how many $ per average point.

    What's a gun average / price
    What's a middie average / price? (i.e. when is it more of a middie then a cow)

    What's a good weekly score?

    I haven't spent much time looking closely at SC - but geez I find the balance a challenge - it's weird not being able to move DPP players around as well

    Thanks
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 20615
    Reputation : 12582
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Supercoach 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2022

    Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:36 am


    I don't really follow SC as closely, and no doubt there are other sites out there that are more timely and accurate with their stats, and I'm sure there are places you can go to get BEs every week.

    But just had a look for myself. initial pricing was done on a Magic Number of 8767

    Rounds 1 and 2 had MNs of 9713 and 9562 respectively.

    Using 9200 as a MN I get the following BEs.
    Like fantasy I expect it to get lower as the season progresses, and will plateau at some point

    NRL Supercoach 2022 - Page 2 Sc_r312

    Also and excel/SC whinge. When put into Excel the position of 5/8 becomes 5th August and it drives me nuts
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 20615
    Reputation : 12582
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Supercoach 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2022

    Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:36 am

    NRL Supercoach 2022 - Page 2 VOjiRgx
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 20615
    Reputation : 12582
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Supercoach 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2022

    Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:40 am


    Wow, Tom Trbojevic has a Supercoach BE of over 300

    Just checked https://www.nrlsupercoachstats.com/TeamPricesAndBEs.php and they lineup with my calcs

    Makes Teddy's 132 BE look positively achievable
    easytiger
    easytiger

    Posts : 2957
    Reputation : 2943
    Join date : 2020-01-27

    NRL Supercoach 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2022

    Post by easytiger Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:44 am

    Milchcow wrote:
    Also and excel/SC whinge. When put into Excel the position of 5/8 becomes 5th August and it drives me nuts

    Yeah, right?!

    I should be scripting all my fantasy stuff, but never get enough time so default back to the trusty spreadsheet - date conversion is madness inducing

    Thanks BTW
    easytiger
    easytiger

    Posts : 2957
    Reputation : 2943
    Join date : 2020-01-27

    NRL Supercoach 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2022

    Post by easytiger Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:48 am

    Milchcow wrote:
    Wow, Tom Trbojevic has a Supercoach BE of over 300

    Just checked https://www.nrlsupercoachstats.com/TeamPricesAndBEs.php and they lineup with my calcs

    Makes Teddy's 132 BE look positively achievable

    So is the BE formula pretty similar to NRL Classic?

    I finally found a page with last years stats and had just worked out the MN (which is the same as yours, so I guess I figured it out) - I'm not finding the SC panel very intuitive

    Anyway, if it's helpful to anyone else, I'm viewing player groupings like this:
    Keepers - $610k+ (average over 70)
    "Subguns" - $480-609k+ (average between 55 & 70)
    Middies - $350-479k+ (average between 40 & 55)
    Cows - $175-349k (average under 40, with the floor being a 20 point average)



    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 20615
    Reputation : 12582
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Supercoach 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2022

    Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:30 am


    Fantasy has a 5 game weighted average for price changes (more recent games are worth more than older games)

    75% old price + 25% 5 game weighted average

    Supercoach and Sportsdeck use a 3 game average (both use same formula, but with different scores and Magic Numbers)

    75% old price + 25% 3 game average

    So a big score in Fantasy will impact price change for 4 more weeks after it happens, getting slightly less relevant every week.

    A big score in SC will impact the price for 2 more weeks after it happens, and will have the same impact for as long as it is in the 3 game average. Makes SC prices a little more volatile than Fantasy, especially for players with wildly variable scoring
    easytiger
    easytiger

    Posts : 2957
    Reputation : 2943
    Join date : 2020-01-27

    NRL Supercoach 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2022

    Post by easytiger Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:49 pm

    Milchcow wrote:
    Fantasy has a 5 game weighted average for price changes (more recent games are worth more than older games)

    75% old price + 25% 5 game weighted average

    Supercoach and Sportsdeck use a 3 game average (both use same formula, but with different scores and Magic Numbers)

    75% old price + 25% 3 game average

    So a big score in Fantasy will impact price change for 4 more weeks after it happens, getting slightly less relevant every week.

    A big score in SC will impact the price for 2 more weeks after it happens, and will have the same impact for as long as it is in the 3 game average. Makes SC prices a little more volatile than Fantasy, especially for players with wildly variable scoring

    Thanks, Milch

    That's great to know.

    So I have the fantasy formula down, and understand the 5 game weighted average i.e. (G1*5 + G2*4 + G3*3 + G4*2 + G5*1)/15 where G1 is the most recent game.

    So with Supercoach there's no weighting at all? and no price change till after R3 is complete.
    So I guess any scores from R1 essentially only contribute to one price change? and in R4 they've already dropped off
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 20615
    Reputation : 12582
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Supercoach 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2022

    Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:25 pm

    easytiger wrote:

    Thanks, Milch

    That's great to know.

    So I have the fantasy formula down, and understand the 5 game weighted average i.e. (G1*5 + G2*4 + G3*3 + G4*2 + G5*1)/15 where G1 is the most recent game.

    So with Supercoach there's no weighting at all? and no price change till after R3 is complete.
    So I guess any scores from R1 essentially only contribute to one price change? and in R4 they've already dropped off

    Yep that's correct.

    And to be explicit on SC price changes, its after 3 games for that player, not just 3 NRL rounds. People who missed R1 or R2 won't change price this week. (So you can wait a week on Harry Grant as one example)

    WT2K
    WT2K
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11399
    Reputation : 5153
    Join date : 2018-03-25
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    NRL Supercoach 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2022

    Post by WT2K Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:34 pm

    easytiger wrote:Sorry in advance for the dumb questions;

    But...

    Can anyone give me a basic run down on values.
    i.e. What's a SC equivalent of the Magic Number - how many $ per average point.

    What's a gun average / price
    What's a middie average / price? (i.e. when is it more of a middie then a cow)

    What's a good weekly score?

    I haven't spent much time looking closely at SC - but geez I find the balance a challenge - it's weird not being able to move DPP players around as well

    Thanks

    This is from a long time poster on nrlsctalk. They post magic number each week.

    The magic number for this week has increased significantly from its starting point for the season. Typically the magic number decreases quite quickly at the start of the season but with much lower scoring this has moved the magic number from its starting point of 8767 to start the season to 9233 this week, a 5% overall change.

    To calculate a breakeven, use the following formula.

    Breakeven = ( Players salary / Magic Number x 3 ) – last two scores

    eg. Tom Trjobevic = ( 1256100 / 9233 x 3 ) – 62 -39 = 307

    If the magic number had stayed the same, Turbo’s breakeven would have been 329.

      Current date/time is Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:52 am