NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 2 - pareto weighted moving average

Moanaman
    Moanaman

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 2 - pareto weighted moving average - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 2 - pareto weighted moving average

Post by Moanaman Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:17 pm

Have I walked into The Valley of the Alts? I should have turned left at Dolphin Ave shouldn't I
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 2 - pareto weighted moving average - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 2 - pareto weighted moving average

Post by Chewie Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:34 pm

I've had a closer look at Sexton's stats today, the question remains:

Toby? Or not Toby?
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:43 pm

it's a no from me Chewie
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:45 pm

Rico_the_munter wrote:Common law in NRL, is that ex warriors usually find their best form after leaving, with the exception of SJ who has trouble scoring below 50 when wearing the pukana.

That is what Trina said.

People say this but the list of former Warriors going on to do anything is pretty small.

More commonly, Warriors fans overhype some skilled but flawed young player, like Lolohea, Tuimavave, Hurrell, Hingano etc, they flame out and go to another club, Warriors fans piss and moan that the club has let the future go, then they end up out of the comp in a year or two anyway.

Rico_the_munter

Post by Rico_the_munter Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:47 pm

Alfie wrote:it's a no from me Chewie

Tommo!

Tell em why?

Tell em bout schneider and the barra!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:55 pm

Chewie wrote:I've had a closer look at Sexton's stats today, the question remains:

Toby? Or not Toby?

Alfie wrote:it's a no from me Chewie

I've had another look also. He scored basically similar stats in Qcup also. He's an accurate goal kicker, likely to be main general kicker (unless the next trial suggests Brimson to increase a lot in kicking), busy defender and had shown both in Qcup and briefly in the NRL that he is capable of racking up Tries, assists, FDO's, and other stats also. I don't see him averaging any lower than his price and whilst that would be disappointing, scoring at his price would probably be good enough to hold until rd13 where he plays the bye. But on the other hand, there is a lot of upside, he could potentially average 55+ making him suitable long term for the bench. I'm quite keen, but at that price, it will be hard to fit him in. If Pappy is out for rd1 I might bring in Sexton and Push Nicho down to WFB - if Sexton bombs he can become Pappy, if he guns it one of my other dud picks can become Pappy.

filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:57 pm

Regulator wrote:

People say this but the list of former Warriors going on to do anything is pretty small.

More commonly, Warriors fans overhype some skilled but flawed young player, like Lolohea, Tuimavave, Hurrell, Hingano etc, they flame out and go to another club, Warriors fans piss and moan that the club has let the future go, then they end up out of the comp in a year or two anyway.

Niukore, CNK, RFM, SST, Shaun Lane... just counting players who are still playing.
    Arguably all of them (and maybe even Havili) have gone better in their club post-Warriors.

Paul Turner will be one to watch if injuries give him a chance in first grade at the Titans.
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:21 pm

filthridden wrote:

Niukore, CNK, RFM, SST, Shaun Lane... just counting players who are still playing.
    Arguably all of them (and maybe even Havili) have gone better in their club post-Warriors.

Paul Turner will be one to watch if injuries give him a chance in first grade at the Titans.

CNK and Lane weren't Warriors juniors anyway. CNK was barely getting a shot, obviously was never going to get the 1 with Rog there which is where he shined.

Shit Lane and RFM were literally swapped for each other, and Lane obviously didn't want to be in Auckland.

SST played 1 game for the Warriors, no shit he did better after lol.

The only "ones that got away" the Warriors developed of any note in the comp really are SST and Papalii. Laumape they screwed up too. Havili going round playing bench isn't anything, every club has guys that leave to do that elsewhere.

The list of Warriors "star juniors" who went on and did nothing is much longer.

Like Vete, Hurrell, Kata, Roache, Hingano, Tuimavave, Lolohea, Ta'i, Slaimankhel, Lousi x2, Gubb, Ikahahifo etc

Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:30 pm

Regulator wrote:

CNK and Lane weren't Warriors juniors anyway. CNK was barely getting a shot, obviously was never going to get the 1 with Rog there which is where he shined.

Shit Lane and RFM were literally swapped for each other, and Lane obviously didn't want to be in Auckland.

The only "ones that got away" the Warriors developed of any note in the comp really are SST and Papalii. Laumape they screwed up too. Havili going round playing bench isn't anything, every club has guys that leave to do that elsewhere.

Like Vete, Hurrell, Kata, Roache, Hingano, Tuimavave, Lolohea, Ta'i, Slaimankhel, Lousi x2, Gubb, Ikahahifo etc

To be fair, I think Hurrell is doing ok in the Super League? And Roache was a good player, just was always injured, think it was him?
    Rico_the_munter

Post by Rico_the_munter Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:38 pm

Regulator wrote:

James Maloney, Chad Townsend, Paul Whatuira, Shaun Lane, Isaiah Papalii, Raymond Faitala Marinade, Charnz Nicolgate Klokstad, Jason Bukuya, Daniel Alvaro, Ngani Laumape, Tuimaola Lolohea, James Maloney, Shaun Lane, etc
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:38 pm

Finch wrote:

To be fair, I think Hurrell is doing ok in the Super League? And Roache was a good player, just was always injured, think it was him?

In the super league being the key words. Where he went to at what 26 or so? His first season was his best season, then running over people didn't work like it had his whole life, not being able to tackle or pass started to matter, as did actually getting in shape.

Unfortunately Roache, and Henry, and Fish all struck down.

But really if you look back at the Warriors juniors that dominated the NYC reality is they produced very few star NRL players.
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:40 pm

You literally repeated people and a bunch of them weren't developed by the Warriors lol?

Alvaro was literally with them on a temporary loan /facepalm

Why are you adding in Lolohea like he didn't go to the Tigers do nothing and then disappear from the comp.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:49 pm

Regulator wrote:You literally repeated people and a bunch of them weren't developed by the Warriors lol?

Alvaro was literally with them on a temporary loan /facepalm

Why are you adding in Lolohea like he didn't go to the Tigers do nothing and then disappear from the comp.

The one where there's a case is iPap, but sometimes it's just a case of change of scene benefitting a player, whether it's the Warriors or not.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:52 pm

Haven't watched any of the trials, but looking forward to this one. Nearly full strength Knights and Dogs teams, should be like... a very low level NRL game. Footy's back!
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:56 pm

Rico_the_munter wrote:

Tommo!

Tell em why?

waaa??
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:56 pm

What I want from this game:

Averillo to miss some simple goalkicks to firm Burton for that role

Randall to not get injured.

TPJ to not get suspended.

Ponga to tear it up to fool people into starting him not Pap.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:06 pm

Clifford GK putting the kybosh on those who thought Ponga would get it back.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:39 pm

Clune is quicker than I thought. Chased down Alamonti and nearly got to Dufty.

Mann very involved. Dogs really scratchy but JMK actually looking sharp as well. Randall replaced early by Crossland.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:44 pm

Rico_the_munter wrote:

Tommo!

Tell em why?

Surely this clown has had his 5 minutes of fame? First post was funny, downhill faster than Dave Taylor’s hamburgers after that.

Gotta be a sin bin / send off soon Mulvy? Or any other powers to be?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:48 pm

AL wrote:

Surely this clown has had his 5 minutes of fame? First post was funny, downhill faster than Dave Taylor’s hamburgers after that.

Gotta be a sin bin / send off soon Mulvy? Or any other powers to be?

I was too confused to be offended or upset about anything.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:17 pm