NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 2 - pareto weighted moving average

Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 2 - pareto weighted moving average - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 2 - pareto weighted moving average

Post by Aardvark Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:09 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:My current iteration of the Bludgers includes 5 players who have centre as DPP, not including Jax Paulo who we are all assuming will be granted the valuable DPP WFB/Centre from round 1. 
    When I think about the poop-shooting hole of a position centre has been over the past few years, I am seriously considering burning said team set-up to the ground and starting afresh.
    There couldn't possibly be that much value in the centres this year, could there? Laugh

There might be, but given I haven't really had a serious crack at putting a team together I remain sceptical (maybe without justification).

From what's on here I'm thinking it's Burton, Bird, Aitken and a bunch of dudes who haven't cemented a first grade spot yet.

I suspect that Aitken is in danger of shifting around a bit, Burton should work out fine (maybe even at half), Bird starting at 2nd row is good for centre (but they do have a few forwards kicking around the club including a bunch of guys who got significant game time last year) and it's wait and see on the rest of those munters.

If they all get a run then load up on the guys with DPP.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 2 - pareto weighted moving average - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 2 - pareto weighted moving average

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:20 pm

Chewie wrote:

#IStandWithCookie #equalityforall

muppet
    /ˈmʌpɪt/

noun INFORMAL• BRITISH
    an incompetent or foolish person.

Muppets do not have inalienable human rights! While I agree this is an injustice that should be addressed; clearly, intelligent, sentient, dolphins should get them well before other incompetent and foolish non-humans Rant https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/feb/21/whales-dolphins-legal-rights
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:27 pm

my tv broke wrote:

almost certain i would not have said this as

1 - dont pick warriors players  Twisted Evil
    2 - i dont think he is very good at football  Cool
    3 - below average looks  Suspect

Lol apologies, I think I thought you were someone else also.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:28 pm

On Aitken, is moving around a disaster? If he moves to centre he still has a career avg of 42 in 70+ min games (currently priced at 43). The way I see it best case you're paying for an underpriced EDG who can slot in at CTR, worst case you get an appropriately priced gun CTR (annoying but not urgent sell territory).

Really really worst case he avgs 33 at centre again like last year and is a sell, but forget that.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:33 pm

if Aitken was going to get a month+ at EDG, he'd probably be good still.

His edge average is massively over inflated by tries, but his workload is good enough he should still be value. He is not an exciting NRL player, but all he needs to do is tackle and run a bit in order to be a good fantasy buy.

Its the return of Tohu and what that means to his role in the team that is the concern. Its a bit of a risk to assume that he'll continue to be the high workload forward he was at the end of last year

Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:50 pm

On Aitken, if he ends up moving around, I would rather pick an inappropriately priced CTR or an underpriced 2RF who is going to be able to slot in at MID Very Happy but don't get me wrong I am prepared to be a massive hypocrite on anything and everything I opine on here rendeer

I'm waiting for a bit more intel from trials and more importantly TLT before pinning my hopes on any hypothetical scenario although it's nice to dream.

I have updated my team tracker* if anyone wants to take a look
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:56 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:
    clearly, intelligent, sentient, dolphins should get them well before other incompetent and foolish non-humans

Thanks for all the Fish, Bro
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:58 pm

Broncos posted their teamlist but tbh it would be foolish to try and read anything into.. any of it
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:03 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:My current iteration of the Bludgers includes 5 players who have centre as DPP, not including Jax Paulo who we are all assuming will be granted the valuable DPP WFB/Centre from round 1. 
    When I think about the poop-shooting hole of a position centre has been over the past few years, I am seriously considering burning said team set-up to the ground and starting afresh.
    There couldn't possibly be that much value in the centres this year, could there? Laugh

I have the same number, including Kei / Tupou if one of them gets the role in emergencies.

Some analysis of value available at CTR and EDG.

Potential value in CTR:

CTR Keeper - Burton (HLF)

<$370k
    Kei / Tupou - ideal for EMG at $220k
    Penisini
    Paulo (WFB) - if he starts round 1 at CTR
    May
    Crichton (WFB)
    Suaalii (WFB)
    Berry (WFB)
    Cotric (WFB)

Potential value Dual CTR/EDG:
    CTR Keeper - Bird (EDG)
    Aitken (EDG) (Maybe a Keeper, only if all season at EDG)

<$370k
    Tago (EDG)

Potential value EDG
    EDG Keeper potential - TPJ (MID)

$370k - $550k potential value EDG - Means paying a lot that you cant use elsewhere and arent getting a Keeper at this price point
    Capewell
    Martin
    Graham - significant risk if he has another HIA
    Fermor
    Gilbert (MID)
    Luki - If he gets starting EDG
    *RFM - sounds like he misses a couple of rounds and may be eased back in. Chance that he doesnt recover from injury
    Lawton (HOK) - if he gets starting EDG

<$370k EDG value
    Bullemor (MID) - If he gets starting EDG
    Nanai - If he gets starting EDG
    Davey - If he gets starting EDG or benched in EMG

There is a lot of uncertainty around cheaper EDG players. You are generally having to go to within $80k of Bird and Aitken to get a non-dual who should keep his spot, but won't be a Keeper (and likely minimal upside for Capewell, Martin, Fermor). Gilbert stands out, as a dual MID with significant upside, as would Bullemor if starting EDG, but I would be playing both at MID in probably the hardest position to fill with playable value.

Lots of good value options at CTR < $370k, including a number that can be played at EDG and WFB. When most are short on cash after paying for Cleary, reduced cap and trying to have some kind of depth it is much easier to move one of Tago / Aitken / Bird into slots 14-17 and potentially another one in starting EDG, to get a keeper and still pick up of lots of the value offered at CTR, especially when so many of them are also Duals, which will be really important for depth cover this year.

I think one of the up and coming < $370k CTRs will prove to be the next Best / Ramien / Manu / Staggs / Lomax that can hit a 45+ average this season, you won't want to miss them, but I can't tell you yet who it will be. If I had to rank them by most likely, I would say:
    1. Tago - could end up starting EDG if Martin or Kikau get suspended or injured
    2. Paulo - Left center for Souths, sky is the limit. Gagai averaged 49 there last year.
    3. Suaalii - Morris was averaging 62 on that wing last season
    4. Penisini - In limited games appears to have a decent floor without a try.

Last edited by mattnz on Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:05 pm

my tv broke wrote:Broncos posted their teamlist but tbh it would be foolish to try and read anything into.. any of it

At least they named a team and didn't just use the cop out of "alphabetical order"
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:12 pm

Savage named to start with cnk on bench in trial.

Not that it means anything.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:16 pm

mattnz wrote:
    3. Suaalii - Morris was averaging 62 on that wing last season

Morris scored 11 tries in 7 games to get that average. He averaged ~40 the year before.

40 would still be a great average for Suaalii and you'd take it in a heartbeat if you thought it was likely. But if you'll pick up Suaalii because Morris scored well in that position, then you'll be getting Xavier Coates as well.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:19 pm

Fortitude wrote:Savage named to start with cnk on bench in trial.

Not that it means anything.

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 2 - pareto weighted moving average - Page 25 Giphy

It's going to end with CNK having lust in his eyes when he looks at the FB position.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:22 pm

@ mattnz excellent post very helpful thanks bro.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:27 pm

The only worry I have re Suaalii in 2021 was he seemed timid & did not get involved by doing the hard yards out of his half so he's a wait & see for me. Also they hit Tupou's edge predominantly in attack esp. with Keary back & Tedesco sweeping.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:28 pm

Matt's Analysis:

Thanks for that, great post, as I said I am prepared to be a massive hypocrite on any previously held opinions  Very Happy

Haven't seen how it shakes out with choosing Cleary but ideally leaves a little wriggle room to balance the portfolio
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:29 pm

Warriors squad looks full strength, with few exceptions
    - SJ coming back from serious injury - Kodi vs Ash battle for 6
    - Curran (HIA)
    - Pompey missing and DWZ at CTR is interesting, with Arthars on the wing. Might be how they line up round 2
    - Otukolo could be one to watch, Egan not listed in the team and not on the injured list.
    - Afoa starting over Sironen at lock is a surprise

Warriors squad: 1. Reece Walsh. 2. Jesse Arthars. 3. Rocco Berry. 4. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak. 5. Marcelo Montoya. 6. Kodi Nikorima. 7. Ash Taylor. 8. Addin Fonua-Blake. 9. Taniela Otukolo. 10. Matt Lodge. 11. Euan Aitken. 12. Eliesa Katoa. 13. Bunty Afoa. Interchange: 14. Jazz Tevaga. 15. Otukinekina-He-Tofonga Kepu. 16. Peesi Kepu. 17. Chanel Harris-Tavita. 18. Bayley Sironen. 20. Pride Patterson-Robati. 21. Garrett Smith. 22. Adam Cook. 23. Jayden Corrigan. 24. Viliami Vailea. 25. Edward Kosi.

Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:29 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:

Haha thanks! She is, indeed, destined for greatness. I had to veto Murphy Su'a II as the name for obvious reasons

Congratulations StuDogg. 

Is there anything SI doesn't know?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:39 pm

mattnz wrote:Warriors squad looks full strength, with few exceptions
    - SJ coming back from serious injury - Kodi vs Ash battle for 6
    - Curran (HIA)
    - Pompey missing and DWZ at CTR is interesting, with Arthars on the wing. Might be how they line up round 2
    - Otukolo could be one to watch, Egan not listed in the team and not on the injured list.
    - Afoa starting over Sironen at lock is a surprise

Warriors squad: 1. Reece Walsh. 2. Jesse Arthars. 3. Rocco Berry. 4. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak. 5. Marcelo Montoya. 6. Kodi Nikorima. 7. Ash Taylor. 8. Addin Fonua-Blake. 9. Taniela Otukolo. 10. Matt Lodge. 11. Euan Aitken. 12. Eliesa Katoa. 13. Bunty Afoa. Interchange: 14. Jazz Tevaga. 15. Otukinekina-He-Tofonga Kepu. 16. Peesi Kepu. 17. Chanel Harris-Tavita. 18. Bayley Sironen. 20. Pride Patterson-Robati. 21. Garrett Smith. 22. Adam Cook. 23. Jayden Corrigan. 24. Viliami Vailea. 25. Edward Kosi.

Walsh is suspended for 2 weeks, so someone else will be fullback to start (NZ Herald suggested Nikorima)
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:41 pm

Moanaman wrote:

Thanks for all the Fish, Bro

and, So long...

Goodbye:

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:31 am