NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1 Empty Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1

Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:39 am

Comp is open

$1000 first place. $75 weekly. Prizes aren't bad given the player base compared to fantasy.

Trades up to 40, as well as a trade boost 5 times a year to make an extra trade that week (comes out of your total)
    Undo trades no available all round, not just up until first lockout
    Trade update actually looks cool - you can change a trade midround, even if the traded out player has already played - as long as both the original and the new trade-in target aren't locked out you can update your trade.
    Hope they've tested that - I'd have no confidence in fanhub implementing something like that - hopefully sportsdeck people can get it done.

Some friendly positional allowances 
    Amone, Fermor, Peachey all selectable at CTR as well as Bird + Aitken (but not Burton)

Haven't checked in depth enough to spot any obvious cheapies compared to fantasy pricing
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2022 part 1

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:39 am

Milchcow wrote:Comp is open

$1000 first place. $75 weekly. Prizes aren't bad given the player base compared to fantasy.

Trades up to 40, as well as a trade boost 5 times a year to make an extra trade that week (comes out of your total)
    Undo trades no available all round, not just up until first lockout
    Trade update actually looks cool - you can change a trade midround, even if the traded out player has already played - as long as both the original and the new trade-in target aren't locked out you can update your trade.
    Hope they've tested that - I'd have no confidence in fanhub implementing something like that - hopefully sportsdeck people can get it done.

Some friendly positional allowances 
    Amone, Fermor, Peachey all selectable at CTR as well as Bird + Aitken (but not Burton)

Haven't checked in depth enough to spot any obvious cheapies compared to fantasy pricing

Still my favourite comp and now even more so with those changes.

Love the Trade Update for two reasons, I hate having to go back and re-do all the reversed changes, when all I wanted to do was reverse one decision.
    But I mainly love it for the scenario where your traded out player might be on a Friday and your traded in players is on a Sunday - so that even if your traded in player is subsequently ruled out on the Sat or Sun, you can just change to another (even if the trade out is locked) - just can't reverse the bloke you've traded out, which is fair.

This would have saved me so many times over the years (especially with cagey coaches/teams who don't feel obliged to let everyone know they are intending to rest a bloke due to play in the last couple of games).
    Dylan Edwards in particular haunts me from last year - f#ck you Ivan Cleary.

t43597
    t43597

Post by t43597 Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:24 pm

I'm pretty excited about the trade update feature too!

Potentially making a team with Turbo/Tedesco/Pap really excites me. Last year i played but started poorly and then gave it away after about 6-7 rounds. Hopefully this year i at least keep playing all season long.

Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:13 am

@Milchow

Thanks for creating the new thread Milch.

The changes look interesting. Hope there aren't too many bugs.

Happy 2022 everyone.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:15 am

@No Worries

Hey NW. I've joined your league.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:16 am

@Bullbender

Hey BB. I've joined your league.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:14 pm

Thanks Bullbender. Have joined your league.
    UKJC
    UKJC

Post by UKJC Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:35 pm

Hi all, I’ve played NRL fantasy for a few years and mostly been a silent lurker round here for about a year now. Planning on playing VSDT this year as well for the first time - any good tips/advice on it given different format to NRLF?
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:11 pm

UKJC wrote:Hi all, I’ve played NRL fantasy for a few years and mostly been a silent lurker round here for about a year now. Planning on playing VSDT this year as well for the first time - any good tips/advice on it given different format to NRLF?

Prices don't change until after R3, so you get a good look at cows and can cut unperforming guns without taking a cash hit. Also generally there are far more DPPs in this comp (I haven't checked the same is true for this season, but has almost always been the case). Also you only get 1 auto emergency, which is your lowest scoring player. So while we're all going to need some real cheapies in our teams, you don't want one who is going to wallow in your emergencies scoring single digits and never being worth trading out (I'm looking at you Palavi) and will always be your lame auto emergency score. 
    Other than trade quantity, scoring and prices being different, the philosophy is similar between the two comps.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:41 pm

First crack at a draft team. Certainly easier to afford a bunch of guns in this comp.

McInnes (Randall)
    Uto Pangai (Fifita Moale)
    Crichton Taumalolo Riki (Peachey Nanai Tuilagi)
    Cleary Sexton (Paix Ilias)
    Fermor Tago (Amone Alomati)
    Tedesco Hynes Mann (Coates Paulo)
    UKJC
    UKJC

Post by UKJC Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:37 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:Prices don't change until after R3, so you get a good look at cows and can cut unperforming guns without taking a cash hit. Also generally there are far more DPPs in this comp (I haven't checked the same is true for this season, but has almost always been the case). Also you only get 1 auto emergency, which is your lowest scoring player. So while we're all going to need some real cheapies in our teams, you don't want one who is going to wallow in your emergencies scoring single digits and never being worth trading out (I'm looking at you Palavi) and will always be your lame auto emergency score. 
    Other than trade quantity, scoring and prices being different, the philosophy is similar between the two comps.

Thanks for that. At first glance I quite like the look of the format with bigger squads & having a set amount of players per position (I believe NRLF used to be the same as this when I started playing), although like you say you definitely need to be smart with reserves so don’t end up copping a terrible score as an auto.
    Also like the look of the trade update function which could be a big help and give flexibility in situations where teams change at last minutes after transfers might usually be locked.

Looking forward to the season starting and getting stuck in to it.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:53 pm

UKJC wrote:

Thanks for that. At first glance I quite like the look of the format with bigger squads & having a set amount of players per position (I believe NRLF used to be the same as this when I started playing), although like you say you definitely need to be smart with reserves so don’t end up copping a terrible score as an auto.
    Also like the look of the trade update function which could be a big help and give flexibility in situations where teams change at last minutes after transfers might usually be locked.

It's a way more forgiving format - that's why I like it. And because of that it favours a more risky/trade heavy approach. The new rules seem to almost double down on that from what I can see!
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:21 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

It's a way more forgiving format - that's why I like it. And because of that it favours a more risky/trade heavy approach. The new rules seem to almost double down on that from what I can see!

Then join the leagues. We are looking for 7 more people (ahem Cow man are you playing ?)
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:08 pm

UKJC wrote:

Hey UKJC. Welcome to the forum mate. It sounds like you used to play Dream Team back in the day.

Dream Team (provided by Virtual Sports) used to be the fantasy game on NRL.com. In about 2014 (or 2015), the NRL changed providers, and NRL Fantasy (provided by Fanhub, aka Failhub) became the fantasy game on NRL.com.

Luckily, for those of us who prefer the Dream Team game, Virtual Sports kept Dream Team alive on sportsdeck.com

Of course, there have been tweaks over the years, but Dream Team on Sports Deck is still the same game that it was when it was on NRL.com all those years ago.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:11 pm

No Worries wrote:

Then join the leagues. We are looking for 7 more people  (ahem Cow man are you playing ?)

^ This.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:27 pm

No Worries wrote:

Then join the leagues. We are looking for 7 more people  (ahem Cow man are you playing ?)

Hey NW. Have you thought of creating 10-team leagues, instead of 18-team leagues? Not only does this make it easier to fill each league, but it also makes League 1 very strong, with an increased chance of taking out the coveted #1 spot.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:37 pm

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:04 am

Simon Templar wrote:

Hey NW. Have you thought of creating 10-team leagues, instead of 18-team leagues? Not only does this make it easier to fill each league, but it also makes League 1 very strong, with an increased chance of taking out the coveted #1 spot.

Didn't reaslise you could. Will do if necessary. It's probably been 4-5 years since one of our leagues hasn't taken out top spot.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:11 pm

No Worries wrote:

Didn't reaslise you could. Will do if necessary. It's probably been 4-5 years since one of our leagues hasn't taken out top spot.

Only if you count the No Worries League and the Bullbender League.

Even though I'm a member of both those leagues, as a member of the forum, I would prefer to see one of our official leagues (e.g. NRLFFF League 1) come out on top (no offence meant to old mates NW and BB).
    Rooster Booster
    Rooster Booster

Post by Rooster Booster Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:51 am

t43597 wrote:I'm pretty excited about the trade update feature too!

Potentially making a team with Turbo/Tedesco/Pap really excites me. Last year i played but started poorly and then gave it away after about 6-7 rounds. Hopefully this year i at least keep playing all season long.

Hopefully this year everyone who is in a NRLFF League completes the entire season and respects the wishes of all the other members  Exclamation

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:31 pm