NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 92 - Fanatics Anonymous Off Season

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 92 - Fanatics Anonymous Off Season - Page 37 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 92 - Fanatics Anonymous Off Season

Post by robelgordo Thu 20 Jan 2022, 9:04 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:

I thought we were all just waiting for @moanaman to select the autofill team, and then we were all going to steal that team  Wink

That team did finish higher than the team I selected myself Embarassed
    Welshy
    Welshy

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 92 - Fanatics Anonymous Off Season - Page 37 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 92 - Fanatics Anonymous Off Season

Post by Welshy Thu 20 Jan 2022, 9:08 pm

Sorry boys, waaay off topic but not much traffic atm

Starting the planning of our u16s rugby tour, we are currently u12s so plenty of time for fundraising so pretty much any location is on the table

What is the strictness in Aus in terms of boozing, obviously the legal drinking age is 18 and the lads will be 16, probably okay in the rugby clubs we would be playing if its anything like over here Very Happy Not promoting underage boozing but part of a tour is the boys enjoying themselves.

Anyone with any knowledge of Hong Kong, same question applies

Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Thu 20 Jan 2022, 9:24 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Ive noticed it is mainly fantasy players who dont see this

What do you mean? He’s up there with Rugby League legends like Shaun Fensom!
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu 20 Jan 2022, 9:30 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

What do you mean? He’s up there with Rugby League legends like Shaun Fensom!

Nahhh Fensom might of been boring but kid was a warrior, Can't operate without workhorses, can't compare his fantasy to RL like Tevaga.

Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Thu 20 Jan 2022, 9:32 pm

Welshy wrote:Sorry boys, waaay off topic but not much traffic atm

Starting the planning of our u16s rugby tour, we are currently u12s so plenty of time for fundraising so pretty much any location is on the table

What is the strictness in Aus in terms of boozing, obviously the legal drinking age is 18 and the lads will be 16, probably okay in the rugby clubs we would be playing if its anything like over here Very Happy Not promoting underage boozing but part of a tour is the boys enjoying themselves.

I don’t think you will be able to get them alcohol in any public establishment. We are pretty strict about it over here in order to protect our minors. This isn’t your savage lawless Welshland.

Edit: im sure we can look after them on an NRL Fantasy Fanatics Meetup!!  NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 92 - Fanatics Anonymous Off Season - Page 37 1f60e  NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 92 - Fanatics Anonymous Off Season - Page 37 1f60e
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu 20 Jan 2022, 9:45 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

I don’t think you will be able to get them alcohol in any public establishment. We are pretty strict about it over here in order to protect our minors. This isn’t your savage lawless Welshland.

I thought that might be the case mate, what about the rugby clubs are they as strict mate? It's probably a long shot heading over to Aus, but on the bucket list so planning on meshing it with a tour!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu 20 Jan 2022, 9:49 pm

Welshy wrote:

I thought that might be the case mate, what about the rugby clubs are they as strict mate? It's probably a long shot heading over to Aus, but on the bucket list so planning on meshing it with a tour!

Pretty much any licensed venue here is fairly strict, mainly because the fines for the venue are so high if someone gets caught.

I mean you could buy a kid a sneaky pint at a family dinner etc and no one would notice. Probably a bit different with a team of lads, bit obvious/too hard to hide

End of the day people/staff mainly care because they are covering their own ass.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu 20 Jan 2022, 9:51 pm

Heard a podcast with NRL Physio with him saying with their type of injuries he wouldn't be surprised if Tohu and Douehi back in round 3/4 rather than the reported "mid-season". Something to consider re Warriors pack and Tigers halves.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu 20 Jan 2022, 9:58 pm

Absolutely no fucking chance in Hong Kong, mate. Used to be you could drink at 16 there but they changed it to 18 and you do not fuck with their laws at the moment

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu 20 Jan 2022, 10:08 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Pretty much any licensed venue here is fairly strict, mainly because the fines for the venue are so high if someone gets caught.

I mean you could buy a kid a sneaky pint at a family dinner etc and no one would notice. Probably a bit different with a team of lads, bit obvious/too hard to hide

End of the day people/staff mainly care because they are covering their own ass.

Would be same over here in fairness, guess in own rugby club anything goes Laugh 3

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu 20 Jan 2022, 10:09 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Absolutely no fucking chance in Hong Kong, mate. Used to be you could drink at 16 there but they changed it to 18 and you do not fuck with their laws at the moment

Cheers mate, one of our rugby dads is a rugby lawyer with offices in HK and pretty much said the same
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Thu 20 Jan 2022, 10:51 pm

Welshy wrote:

Yeah mate it is fairly strict over here. Plenty of places to drink up of course but you'd definitely struggle getting those lads into a licensed venue.

Far out it sounds like it's gonna be a good trip for them young fellas, you're gonna have to show some pics wherever yous end up! Would be an experience they'd never forget (well maybe if they have a few too many one night lol)!
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu 20 Jan 2022, 11:08 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

Yeah mate it is fairly strict over here. Plenty of places to drink up of course but you'd definitely struggle getting those lads into a licensed venue.

Far out it sounds like it's gonna be a good trip for them young fellas, you're gonna have to show some pics wherever yous end up! Would be an experience they'd never forget (well maybe if they have a few too many one night lol)!

Thanks mate, not like we are looking to get them all out every night but it's a shit tonne of money to go big and find most the boys banged up after first night! It's about the rugby, honest Very Happy

Deserve it mate, hell of a side. Only u12s but very, very talented I'd put a fair whack of cash on at least 1 being an international. Looking to go big in their last year of junior rugby!
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu 20 Jan 2022, 11:28 pm

Shit I can’t open the fantasy site on my iPad or IPhone.

I have a few invites to leagues to join too.

I turned my devices on and off I’ve tried for 20mins it’s never done this before ffs
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu 20 Jan 2022, 11:54 pm

I think I’m in I just kept hitting random buttons it’s seemed to work and I fully deleted the app on my iPhone it didn’t work so I got it again deleted it again now it’s coming up with something about app launching at end of January I don’t want your stupid fucking  app it froze on that screen I hit that 4 times now somehow I’m in thank fuck 30mins of my life I won’t get back.

Thank goodness hitting the screen hard has worked!

My patience isn’t great at the best of times I get that from my Dad lol.

Now I can join leagues thank you force awakens who sent me a request I hope  there is still places left in the league I’ll join now
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri 21 Jan 2022, 1:59 am

I caved in made two drafts here is my second one..... I know so much will change but I’m happy for a first draft......

Randall
    Haas (VC) K. Hetherington TPJ
    Aitken Blore
    Cleary (C)  Amone
    Burton S. Crichton
    Pap Savage Hammer

Cotter Ilias Tago J. Cook
    Suaali Coates Moale Tass
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Fri 21 Jan 2022, 2:25 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:One player who looks like he could be a little undervalued is Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/01/14/centre-of-attention-holmes-eying-positional-switch/

He looks to have secured an ongoing role at Fullback this year and has DPP status. CTR will not be a problem this year. I reckon with all the DPP players I will pick, I could have up to 6 or 7 of them. Any thoughts on the Hammer. I think he is in for a breakout year

Circling back to this conversation, I find myself interested in the Hammer. His overall fullback average is skewed because he was unexpectedly thrust into the role in 2020 and floundered a little (which isn’t surprising since he was only six games into his NRL career), so at the risk of cherry picking stats I am inclined to look closer at those last four games of 2021 when he was handed the fullback role in earnest, albeit with six weeks off with appendicitis in between.

Its hard to gauge with such a small sample size, especially when one of those games was a 35 point, 8 minute performance. Three tries in four games in unsustainable and he will lose about 5 points in tacklebreak nerfs, but he will get run metres galore and seems the type to cash in on the escape from in goal points. I think he can comfortably find 42-45 points, which isn't enormous value on his priced average of 37.7 but he seems to fill in a tricky position for me. I refuse to double gun in WFB this season, but I also don’t want to go too light and run two cheapies (Suaalli/Crichton/Coates). So what I need is a WFB middie, and I am warming to the idea of running Paps, HTF and just the one cheapie to leave me vulnerable to a 15 point fantasy performance.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri 21 Jan 2022, 2:44 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

Circling back to this conversation, I find myself interested in the Hammer. His overall fullback average is skewed because he was unexpectedly thrust into the role in 2020 and floundered a little (which isn’t surprising since he was only six games into his NRL career), so at the risk of cherry picking stats I am inclined to look closer at those last four games of 2021 when he was handed the fullback role in earnest, albeit with six weeks off with appendicitis in between.

Its hard to gauge with such a small sample size, especially when one of those games was a 35 point, 8 minute performance. Three tries in four games in unsustainable and he will lose about 5 points in tacklebreak nerfs, but he will get run metres galore and seems the type to cash in on the escape from in goal points. I think he can comfortably find 42-45 points, which isn't enormous value on his priced average of 37.7 but he seems to fill in a tricky position for me. I refuse to double gun in WFB this season, but I also don’t want to go too light and run two cheapies (Suaalli/Crichton/Coates). So what I need is a WFB middie, and I am warming to the idea of running Paps, HTF and just the one cheapie to leave me vulnerable to a 15 point fantasy performance.

Counterpoint: fullbacks in wooden spoon teams historically do not score well. You're betting on the Cowboys doing better as much as you're betting on HTF himself.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri 21 Jan 2022, 7:12 am

I was on the other side of the fence playing league rather than union but u16s/u17s there always seemed to be an esky in the dressing room with a few drinks in it after local games. Not huge amount but normally enough for 1-2 each
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri 21 Jan 2022, 7:17 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Counterpoint: fullbacks in wooden spoon teams historically do not score well. You're betting on the Cowboys doing better as much as you're betting on HTF himself.

For this reason I'm staying away from attacking players of Knights, Dragons, Cowboys. Having a forward/hooker/half from a bad team isn't the end of the world because they have a decent base but anyone that took the plunge on Cotric/Corey Allan last year would have regretted it quickly

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 12:52 am