NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 92 - Fanatics Anonymous Off Season

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 92 - Fanatics Anonymous Off Season - Page 44 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 92 - Fanatics Anonymous Off Season

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:39 am

When I make my team tracker for this year do I have to do anything again to make it go to the right team tracker thread rather than to last years one? If so I’ve forgotten what to do to get it to work etc......

Anyhow this is my last draft til trials or if there is a major injury etc in the next week or 2...

Randall
    J. King Angus K. Hetherington
    Aitken Blore/Nanai
    Cleary Ilias
    Burton Tago
    S. Crichton Pap Berry/Savage/Sloan

TPJ Clune Cotter Amone
    B. Walters Suaali Moeroa Coates
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 92 - Fanatics Anonymous Off Season - Page 44 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 92 - Fanatics Anonymous Off Season

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:17 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

There are some on the Tigers forum suggesting that Tamou may play a minor or left-right-out role this year. It would be great to understand how the Tigers will use Peachey. He has the capacity to play big minutes in the middle, which would of course eat into Utoikamanu's minutes.

I also reckon it will be interesting to see what the make-up of the forward pack will be at the Cowboys. Shane Wright is gone and there are extra minutes to be had in the 2RF.

LOCK: Cotter oor Taumalolo
    PROPS: Taumalolo; McLean; Hess; Taunoa-Brown; Burr
    2RF: Dunn; Luki; Gilbert: Nanai
    HOK: Robson; Deardon; Granville

So with Robson not being known as an 80-minute HOK 14 will likely by Deardon or perhaps even Dunn... that is one spot on the bench.

The prop rotation could be Taumalolo; McClean; Hess; and Taunoa Brown...

This sets up a space for two big minute 2RF. Nanai perhaps will take the low minute bench role. I reckon Gilbert is an exciting prospect. His body shape is better matched to 2RF and he has a history of scoring well there. Minutes and role less than expected last year due to a broken leg. One to watch come Team list Tusday

Cowboys have been training pre season with a left edge of Drinkwater, Tom Gilbert, Val Holmes and Murray Taulagi. Hiku right centre with right second row rotated between Dunn/Luki/Nanai
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:22 am

Those interested in Savage...Ricky said in an interview with dt...Savage needs to learn how to train & be a first grader.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:26 am

Jumping Marlin wrote:Question 2 for the night

How can you pick which players will go from fantasy hero when they were young to fantasy zero when they are “in their prime” (eg Aaron Woods, Jesse Bromwich).
    And which players will just keep getting better as they move into their prime?  (Eg Tohu Harris, Cam McInnes).

I’m contemplating the likely trajectory of players like Lolo, JDB, Jurbo, Angus.

I go purely on eye test for these guys

In particular for forwards how many rucks they "win" defensively. Guys like Tohu Harris succeed because they are incredible one on one defenders so the coach is happy to leave them on an island for big minutes knowing that even if they are tired they will still make that tackle.

With that in mind I think JDB is by far the best forward at the Dragons and will play a major role if they are going to do anything this year. I think he is best suited to a 65 minute role rather than full 80. Jurbo and Lolo I think will go the way of Hindmarsh as they age. Lot of wear and tear from being work horses through the middle will see them put up decent stats but without the impact. Angus looks above average for ruck defense but runs tough lines and does work coming out of trouble. Could potentially get replaced by a more talented player late in the career
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:45 am

The Dragons have an abundance of depth in their props where i assume JDB will play...JDB, Lawrie, Molo, McGuire (susp), Woods, Kerr, Gurgess, Alvaro, Hunt, Faamausili. And Macca will probably play 80 mins so could be an extra middle on the bench.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:51 am

Honey Badger wrote:I think the Cowboys see Dunn as a middle now. Id say Gilbert gets one edge spot, not sure about the other

Yeah listening to the interviews on the Cowboys website, sounds like left edge will be Gilbert, Drinkwater, Holmes, Taulagi with HTF fullback. Luki or Nanai possibly for the other edge with Nanai being a "stand out" at training. Lemuelu has been training at edge forward also. Hess full-time in the middle and Dunn middle also.

Edit: Bah, MS
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:08 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Where it might make a difference is if the infection rips through a squad and games are called off, screwing up the gameweek system with random teams either playing twice a week later in the season or the table reverting to percentage wins to decide the ladder, but not sure how a fantasy player can mitigate against that.
    Jumping Marlin wrote:
    Good points.  Don’t see the NRL will play 2 games in a week (does bring back memories of the old AMCO cup or the mid week play-off for the 5th spot in the final 5!).
    I wonder if the NRL thought about adding in any free weekends  for this year (like the AFL have the week pre semi finals as free)

League isn't like soccer where you can easily play an extra game midweek.

If they played a midweek game here it would likely mean 3 games in 10 days, which would be tough.

If a game gets called off pre origin they can slot it into the bye rounds. If the 2 teams have the same R13 or R17 bye easy enough to schedule an extra game then.

There's a break between R15 and R16 that can also be used if they need to replay a game. Which in fantasy terms I guess would mean double week for some teams in R15.

I think what they would try and do is just delay a game by a day or 2 if there is an outbreak serious enough that they can't play it as normal. Get everyone isolated and tested and teams will just have to get the best 17 they can muster.

Not much you can do as a fantasy coach other than try to minimise exposure to any one team. And if a double game week does pop up, hope you have enough trades to take advantage of it
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:09 am

White Lightning wrote:The Dragons have an abundance of depth in their props where i assume JDB will play...JDB, Lawrie, Molo, McGuire (susp), Woods, Kerr, Gurgess, Alvaro, Hunt, Faamausili. And Macca will probably play 80 mins so could be an extra middle on the bench.

You can have all the depth in the world but you still only have 13 on the field at one time.
    Generally you'd want that 13 to provide the most effective on-field quality.

Assuming a full pre-season get's him somewhere back to his former abilities, I'd say that a JDB that has already played 60 minutes is likely to still provide more on-field quality than fresh versions of most of those other plodders players
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:11 am

If does Gilbert get the 2nd row spot he's a good fantasy option. Priced under 37, he averaged 45 from his small stint at 2nd row in 2020. None of his games there were 80 minutes either.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:15 am

White Lightning wrote:Those interested in Savage...Ricky said in an interview with dt...Savage needs to learn how to train & be a first grader.

I recall Todd Payten saying something similar about Daejarn Asi heading into last year.
    Daejarn only ended up playing 4 full games (and not until R17).

I'm guessing Savage isn't close to being in the 17 at this point.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:55 pm

I've built two drafts for now, one with Cleary and one without, just depends what happens with him and his shoulder. Thoughts?

With Cleary

Randall
    Welch, Angus, Uto
    Nanai, Fifita
    Ilias, Cleary
    Burton, Momo
    Critta, Papy, Coates

King, Tago, Blore, Amone

J Cook, Howarth, Moale, Tass (last 4 are placeholders)

Without Cleary

Grant
    Welch, Angus, Uto
    Nanai, Fifita
    Ilias, DCE
    Momo, Penisini
    Critta, Papy, Coates

King, Tago, Blore, Amone

Randall, Moeroa, Moale, Tass (last 3 are placeholders)
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:52 pm

Bethany_B wrote:I've built two drafts for now, one with Cleary and one without, just depends what happens with him and his shoulder. Thoughts?

With Cleary

Randall
    Welch, Angus, Uto
    Nanai, Fifita
    Ilias, Cleary
    Burton, Momo
    Critta, Papy, Coates

King, Tago, Blore, Amone

Without Cleary

Grant
    Welch, Angus, Uto
    Nanai, Fifita
    Ilias, DCE
    Momo, Penisini
    Critta, Papy, Coates

King, Tago, Blore, Amone

Do you have much dosh leftover with the Cleary team? It seems like there should be

The non-Cleary team seems much more robust in my view! It is the placeholders you need to worry about. Not many potential base price options available as yet and that may really mess with your plans
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:57 pm

Do you have much dosh leftover with the Cleary team? It seems like there should be

The non-Cleary team seems much more robust in my view! It is the placeholders you need to worry about. Not many potential base price options available as yet and that may really mess with your plans

I only have 13k in the bank with the Cleary team, but worst case scenario I could give up Burton or Momo and free up money to replace the placeholders.

Part of me is hoping Cleary's out a while, I definitely prefer the non-Cleary team but it's just so dangerous not starting with him if he is fit.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:01 pm

Bethany_B wrote:I've built two drafts for now, one with Cleary and one without, just depends what happens with him and his shoulder. Thoughts?

With Cleary

Randall
    Welch, Angus, Uto
    Nanai, Fifita
    Ilias, Cleary
    Burton, Momo
    Critta, Papy, Coates

King, Tago, Blore, Amone

Without Cleary

Grant
    Welch, Angus, Uto
    Nanai, Fifita
    Ilias, DCE
    Momo, Penisini
    Critta, Papy, Coates

King, Tago, Blore, Amone

The difference between the 2 is

Cleary (c), Randall, Burton (Cook/cheapie 18th man)

DCE (c), Grant, Penisini (Randall 18th man)

So as well as losing Clear as captaincy option, you have a massive downgrade to a CTR just in order to get Grant in as hooker. Not sure you gain many points there
    If I was ditching Cleary I would want a better upgrade to my squad than that
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:11 pm

Milchcow wrote:

The difference between the 2 is

Cleary (c), Randall, Burton (Cook/cheapie 18th man)

DCE (c), Grant, Penisini (Randall 18th man)

So as well as losing Clear as captaincy option, you have a massive downgrade to a CTR just in order to get Grant in as hooker. Not sure you gain many points there
    If I was ditching Cleary I would want a better upgrade to my squad than that

I just redid the non-Cleary team and I can have Burton if I give up Grant for Cotter (and pray that Cotter can get enough minutes), give up King for someone 280k or less (I just put Josh Cook back in as 18th man), and then trade Penisini back to Burton

So basically:

With Cleary: Cleary (c), King (Cook/cheapie 18th man)

Without Cleary: DCE (c), Cotter (Cook/cheapie 18th man)

Given the severe lack of hookers, King to Cotter seems a good play, though Starling is an alternative if it looks like he'll get minutes off the bench with Hodgson leaving
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:29 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I just redid the non-Cleary team and I can have Burton if I give up Grant for Cotter (and pray that Cotter can get enough minutes), give up King for someone 280k or less (I just put Josh Cook back in as 18th man), and then trade Penisini back to Burton

So basically:

With Cleary: Cleary (c), King (Cook/cheapie 18th man)

Without Cleary: DCE (c), Cotter (Cook/cheapie 18th man)

Given the severe lack of hookers, King to Cotter seems a good play, though Starling is an alternative if it looks like he'll get minutes off the bench with Hodgson leaving

Sorry I misread. I thought you had Burton in your non-Cleary team. Do you think King will be worth it? I have gone cold on Moeroa and King for the same reasons. I just don't think they will score enough of the bench to be worthwhile. If either were starting it would be a different story.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:27 pm

Sorry I misread. I thought you had Burton in your non-Cleary team. Do you think King will be worth it? I have gone cold on Moeroa and King for the same reasons. I just don't think they will score enough of the bench to be worthwhile. If either were starting it would be a different story.

I think King will at least make some money, there's plenty of minutes up for grabs and his PPM is pretty good. I would imagine he'll peak at 450-500k sometime before Origin.

Moeroa's just a placeholder, odds are he won't be worthwhile
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:56 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I think King will at least make some money, there's plenty of minutes up for grabs and his PPM is pretty good. I would imagine he'll peak at 450-500k sometime before Origin.

Moeroa's just a placeholder, odds are he won't be worthwhile

If you think King gets to $500k, then you think he can get to a 40s average for a period.

So basically in your two teams; team No-Cleary gets maybe 10-15 points more from having Cotter over King, but loses 20 in DCE over Cleary (that difference then doubled to 40 with the C).
    It's a good example argument for Cleary over no-Cleary if fit.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:57 pm

easytiger wrote:

If you think King gets to $500k, then you think he can get to a 40s average for a period.

So basically in your two teams; team No-Cleary gets maybe 10-15 points more from having Cotter over King,  but loses 20 in DCE over Cleary (that difference then doubled to 40 with the C).
    It's a good example argument for Cleary over no-Cleary if fit.

Well yeah, obviously I'll pick Cleary if he's fit, that no-Cleary team is for if he isn't fit.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:06 pm

I’m seeing some teams have Coates in their starting back 3 interesting. I don’t trust his scoring so I’ll have him in the EMG’s I think he will make money but be up and down!

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:06 pm