NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 86 - Zero trades left edition

Honeysett
    Honeysett

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 86 - Zero trades left edition - Page 36 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 86 - Zero trades left edition

Post by Honeysett Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:17 pm

filthridden wrote:
    Honeysett wrote:@filthridden you're down to 16 this week right? Or have you got a trade that puts you up to 17?

One trade puts me at 17... assuming no one else is out.

You?

Playing with 16, Olam out was really out of nowhere. I've got you as having 6 out currently? Am I missing something
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 86 - Zero trades left edition - Page 36 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 86 - Zero trades left edition

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:19 pm

filthridden wrote:

When he's played off the bench before he's not played fewer than 20min.
    He has played some time at lock before however Watson was playing in the halves in those games.

Having all of Watson, Brailey and Randall in the team means either Brailey or Watson will see fewer minutes.
    I dont see Watson playing fewer than his current 50-60min so my money is on Brailey seeing reduced minutes... unlikely but possible scenario is Pearce or Ponga being rested if the game is beyond doubt and the team shuffling around to accomodate.

Could Brailey spend a little time at lock late in the game? Has he ever played there before?

I have Brailey and Watson but with the bench, I'm not too worried.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:20 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Playing with 16, Olam out was really out of nowhere. I've got you as having 6 out currently? Am I missing something

Nope. I can't count and couldnt remember what Id already counted - playing 16 including trade-in.

I think your squad looks a lot better than mine!
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:21 pm

If Wilton comes in to the starting side I think I’ll chuck him in over Brailey this week just for something different
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:24 pm

filthridden wrote:
    Honeysett wrote:

Nope. I can't count and couldnt remember what Id already counted - playing 16 including trade-in.

I think your squad looks a lot better than mine!

Cook V Verills
    Murray v AFB
    Watson v Peachey
    DCE v Arey
    Niu V Burton
    Latrell V Ponga (or your trade in)

That Panthers V Rabbits game will decide it all. A tough one for me to have 3 Rabbits in.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:59 pm

wolfking wrote:

18th man now!? What a Face Laughing

Regardless of the last 24 hours and his leaving, down Saifiti and Friz, he should see solid game time.

Apologies, but just from a betting perspective there has been a huge change for Watson this week in terms of pricing. Thought it odd given he is often a benchie with high minutes but like u said it could be more this week.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:41 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:
    MayorofAlburquerque wrote:Howdy Y'all,

Last trade of the year. The 'Topes have been clawing back some semblance of respectability inching towards the 5k mark. Matterson is on the block. Was considering the safe pick of Jackson, or even holding it in case something worse inevitably happens, but might as well see how high things can go and take a bit of a punt.

So who would your big cajones, trying-to-knock-the-leather-off-a-ball-on-middle-peg-over-cow-corner, standing-on-four-in-blackjack pick be? Can afford anyone bar Fifita and Cleary. Have recent flavours of the month like Curran, Doueihi, Murray. Cover is decent. Someone like Latrell or Cody Walker? Lucy? Grant seems appealing starting at 9 (whether that stays the case is unclear). Any real left-field options?

The Mayor.

Hi Mayor.

The left field option I really like based on the next 3 games is Pearce.

Always the risk he falls apart but unlike some of the other teams/options, he shouldn't be getting rested so that offsets the injury risk a bit.

Something just didn't sit right with this post when I read it OSM.  Then I realised it could indeed actually be the first serious post you have ever made in this thread.  No wonder it made me feel a little unsettled; you are now 1-0 up on me for offering decent Fantasy advice Very Happy
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:46 pm

Only focussing on H2H currently, I have 17 green dots plus Lolo and my opponent has 16 with no trades.

The current matchup is:

Blore 50 vs Cook 60
    Cleary (c) 80 vs Murray 60
    DCE 70 vs Kelly 40
    Burton 50 vs Averillo 45
    Doueihi 65 vs Curran 60
    Croker 40 vs Brailey 50
    Hetherington 30 vs Tevaga 30
    Peachey 35 vs no one

these scores would give me 460 and him 325 plus a captain.

I have Crichton, Mahoney and CHN on my emergencies and 1 trade left. Should I be confident enough that I will win or trade Mahoney in for someone?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:47 pm

poisoncup wrote:Would you play Burton or Averillo in the centres? Leaning towards Burton as I don’t much fancy Averillo with a supposed injury and Flanagan tacking his KM.

I only have Avo. If I had a choice would be Burton 100%.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:18 pm

Alex Glenn is going to retire at the end of the year (Courier Mail)
    Cunbert
    Cunbert

Post by Cunbert Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:38 pm

FalconSloth wrote:Only focussing on H2H currently, I have 17 green dots plus Lolo and my opponent has 16 with no trades.

The current matchup is:

Blore 50 vs Cook 60
    Cleary (c) 80 vs Murray 60
    DCE 70 vs Kelly 40
    Burton 50 vs Averillo 45
    Doueihi 65 vs Curran 60
    Croker 40 vs Brailey 50
    Hetherington 30 vs Tevaga 30
    Peachey 35 vs no one

these scores would give me 460 and him 325 plus a captain.

I have Crichton, Mahoney and CHN on my emergencies and 1 trade left. Should I be confident enough that I will win or trade Mahoney in for someone?

You look pretty safe. And can see how the early Thursday Friday games go. And then trade Mahoney if needed to play over hetherington
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:09 pm

Camo123 wrote:Alex Glenn is going to retire at the end of the year (Courier Mail)

Ah shit, we are screwed!
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:20 pm

Cunbert wrote:

You look pretty safe. And can see how the early Thursday Friday games go. And then trade Mahoney if needed to play over hetherington

There is no one important in the Thursday game and only Trbojevic who I have but think he might captain in the early Friday night game. I am looking at Murray or Cook to trade in for Mahoney with maybe Jackson as a POD option so I would want to either go Murray or Cook on the Friday night which doesn’t give me any time to weigh up the matchup.
    Cunbert
    Cunbert

Post by Cunbert Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:33 pm

FalconSloth wrote:

There is no one important in the Thursday game and only Trbojevic who I have but think he might captain in the early Friday night game. I am looking at Murray or Cook to trade in for Mahoney with maybe Jackson as a POD option so I would want to either go Murray or Cook on the Friday night which doesn’t give me any time to weigh up the matchup.

Assuming this is the prelim?
    Why cook or murray? To match opponent or genuinely like those options?
    I’m mainly a h2h player. If this is prelim I’d definitely be letting the Friday night games play out to see how the dust settles and saving the trade.
    Then looking to Mahoney to a Jackson or Curran or Barnett even for a pod if needed. Or look ahead to the final to see your matchup there and who could be beneficial if have you trade.

I’d also look to change your captain. Having a 60 point lead gives you flexibility. By captaining someone already unique (clearly) it gives you twice the danger. H2h doesn’t care about averages or how much you win by. Just that you win. If clearly gets hia’d early you lose two differences. If you captain a shared person or match captains. At most you only lose 1 difference or even 0 if shared captain. Might cost you 20 points but decreases ways you can lose ten fold
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:46 pm

Cunbert wrote:

Assuming this is the prelim?
    Why cook or murray? To match opponent or genuinely like those options?
    I’m mainly a h2h player. If this is prelim I’d definitely be letting the Friday night games play out to see how the dust settles and saving the trade.
    Then looking to Mahoney to a Jackson or Curran or Barnett even for a pod if needed. Or look ahead to the final to see your matchup there and who could be beneficial if have you trade.

I’d also look to change your captain. Having a 60 point lead gives you flexibility. By captaining someone already unique (clearly) it gives you twice the danger. H2h doesn’t care about averages or how much you win by. Just that you win. If clearly gets hia’d early you lose two differences. If you captain a shared person or match captains. At most you only lose 1 difference or even 0 if shared captain. Might cost you 20 points but decreases ways you can lose ten fold
    I don’t know who he is going to captain but it will probably be either Trbojevic, Cook or Murray. I could captain Trbojevic but if he isn’t his captain then I have the same issue but with a player with a lower floor
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:46 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Apologies, but just from a betting perspective there has been a huge change for Watson this week in terms of pricing. Thought it odd given he is often a benchie with high minutes but like u said it could be more this week.

He is starting this week according to team lists but he started last week too.
    Cunbert
    Cunbert

Post by Cunbert Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:55 pm

FalconSloth wrote:
    I don’t know who he is going to captain but it will probably be either Trbojevic, Cook or Murray. I could captain Trbojevic but if he isn’t his captain then I have the same issue but with a player with a lower floor

I’m not saying to definitely try and match, maybe just to captain someone else you both have. That is if they don’t have cleary. I had a look at your original post again and couldn’t quite follow the totals to get what you go to.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:20 pm

standard-issue wrote:

Something just didn't sit right with this post when I read it OSM.  Then I realised it could indeed actually be the first serious post you have ever made in this thread.  No wonder it made me feel a little unsettled; you are now 1-0 up on me for offering decent Fantasy advice Very Happy

That's ok SI - I do tend to throw in a bit of random (serious) advice when I am scrolling through pages but it's few and far between.....particularly when 48 odd new pages get posted every time I log in!

I also accepted a long time ago that the problem with being sarcastic 99% of the time, is that it's a genuine struggle to convince people when you are not.

All that aside, I'm still not trading in Pearce......
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:21 pm

wolfking wrote:

He ain't coming back, what's the point in holding him?
    Good point I don’t know maybe in case a player who costs more goes down this week?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:33 pm

Dean Ritchie reported on Fox League tonight and on Daily Telegraph site that Turbo won’t play and will be rested as precaution.......could all be BS though.

If Turbo does play concern for me re captaining him would be if he just plays around 65mins.

If Turbo doesn’t play that could mean more points for DCE so it could be worth captaining him.

Could captain Teddy but it’s probs more risky.

Haas probs good for a safe 55-60.

I just don’t know which way I’ll go.

Last edited by Rabbits21 on Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:16 pm