NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 60 - Less trades than rounds left edition.

Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 60 - Less trades than rounds left edition.  Empty NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 60 - Less trades than rounds left edition.

Post by Mulvy Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:08 pm

Break Evens:

Break Even's:

MTBs Site - Stats, Break Evens, Match Centre, Interchange Times, Price Predictor, Team Builder
    http://www.footystatistics.com/

Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down Question Thread
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1343-nrl-fantasy-2020-thumbs-up-thumbs-down-thread

Assistant Coach Area
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/f11-assistant-coach

Community Team Area
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/f12-celeb-community-team
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 60 - Less trades than rounds left edition.  Empty 1st time for everything!

Post by Revraiser Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:10 pm

1st - cherry popped!
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 60 - Less trades than rounds left edition.  Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 60 - Less trades than rounds left edition.

Post by Ben Marlin Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:13 pm

Why would people be selling Latrell?

He is still averaging 40.8 at fullback since lockdown and is a quality player.

40 points is enough to be a keeper at centre and if he was to be traded I don't think many centres will average much higher to be worth the trade.

Only 6 centres this year have averaged more than 40.8

The highest is Ikuvalu who isn't even in the Roosters top 17 and won't score 5 tries every week
    The next highest is Lomax who is actually scoring well and is a keeper
    Then it's Capewell who isn't playing until Round 17
    The next highest is Mata'utia who's now on the bench and won't score as high
    Then it's Staggs who is still injured
    And the only other centre above 40.8 is Best who people are selling anyways
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 60 - Less trades than rounds left edition.  Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 60 - Less trades than rounds left edition.

Post by Mulvy Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:14 pm

Posting for new thread:

Me on the other hand needs Hunt. With Wakeham out (and I don't really want him anyway) I absolutely need a half. I have DCE and the only other halves I want are Moses who is unavailable, Cleary who is too expensive and Hunt.

The only way I can get the funds for Hunt is Young to someone 395k or less (yep 1k short of Havili). Chances are though said player would only need to be in the 17 until Crichton peaks and hopefully I'd then have enough to maybe go Crichton to Thompson/Taupau. And then this 395k player would become my 18th man, therefore said player would ideally be a back, either a HLF or CEN/WFB, ideally boom bust, ideally good job security, ideally plays early in the round frequently.

My short list: Dugan, Rapana, Maubs, Clune, Walters, JAC, Fermor, Moga, Starling, Hetherington, Dunn, Fermor

Leaning towards, JAC, Dugan, Rapana.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:16 pm

Ben Marlin wrote:Why would people be selling Latrell?

40 points is enough to be a keeper at centre and if he was to be traded I don't think many centres will average much higher to be worth the trade.

The highest is Ikuvalu who isn't even in the Roosters top 17 and won't score 5 tries every week

Because some people only look at the player and his last 2/3 scores. But its been done to death on here and sometimes you have to let people get on with it.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:17 pm

I'm guessing you don't have him in your team? Useless, lazy, over-priced prick. At the same time we have seen Niu cement his spot at fullback and scoring decently, as well as Crichton scoring well now, SMat looks back from injury. I can spend $505k elsewhere and not need to be wishing Mitchell to do something useful all the time to justify his place, after coming back from suspension.

Some players aren't worth the mental anguish of having him in your team, Mitchell is up there alongside Martin "must get more minutes with AFB out" Taupau.

Last edited by mattnz on Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:17 pm

Stephen Crichton averages 40.1 when starting CTR

I don't own Latrell, but taking community team as example, could play Crichton/Niu and potentially lose 5 points max on average (with potential to gain with Panthers upcoming fixtures & Niu coming into his own at FB) and then gain 10-15 points on another position by going for a cheaper gun in another position

Last edited by Camo123 on Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:19 pm

"So he’s the first to be selected there after those two. Do you think he’ll just keep being named in the centres until an injury? Also how is Hipgrave is lucky to be on the field all season?"

Hipgrave had 3 concussions last season, had to get special medical clearance to play this season. I expect Fermor to play centers, unless one of the 2RF roles opens up, then its his.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:23 pm

mattnz wrote:
    I'm guessing you don't have him in your team? Useless, lazy, over-priced prick. At the same time we have seen Niu cement his spot at fullback and scoring decently, as well as Crichton scoring well now, SMat looks back from injury. I can spend $505k elsewhere and not need to be wishing Mitchell to do something useful all the time to justify his place, after coming back from suspension.

Some players aren't worth the mental anguish of having him in your team, Mitchell is up there alongside Martin "must get more minutes with AFB out" Taupau.

That Latrell v Teddy bet is looking good lol!
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:23 pm

Knight > Havili seems a no brainer for me this weekend.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:23 pm

Camo123 wrote:

That Latrell v Teddy bet is looking good lol!
    Not for me Razz
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:25 pm

Do you fellas think Luai to Havili is a wasted trade? Other trade is Best to Bunt
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:27 pm

Mulvy wrote:Posting for new thread:

Me on the other hand needs Hunt. With Wakeham out (and I don't really want him anyway) I absolutely need a half. I have DCE and the only other halves I want are Moses who is unavailable, Cleary who is too expensive and Hunt.

The only way I can get the funds for Hunt is Young to someone 395k or less (yep 1k short of Havili). Chances are though said player would only need to be in the 17 until Crichton peaks and hopefully I'd then have enough to maybe go Crichton to Thompson/Taupau. And then this 395k player would become my 18th man, therefore said player would ideally be a back, either a HLF or CEN/WFB, ideally boom bust, ideally good job security, ideally plays early in the round frequently.

My short list: Dugan, Rapana, Maubs, Clune, Walters, JAC, Fermor, Moga, Starling, Hetherington, Dunn, Fermor

Leaning towards, JAC, Dugan, Rapana.

I'd go Rapana from that lot. Simonsson now gone for the season so job security is good. Previous fantasy pedigree as one of the few wingers capable of a 50 average

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:28 pm

mattnz wrote:

Laughing as someone that has and will keep Latrell, good lord this is hilarious, especially the bold, people were saying that to you a month ago and you decided to be the champion of why he's a changed man and a can't-miss fantasy gun...
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:29 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I'd go Rapana from that lot. Simonsson now gone for the season so job security is good. Previous fantasy pedigree as one of the few wingers capable of a 50 average
    I doubt 2020 Rapana in that Raiders team gets close to 50 average. Not the same player that he was and neither is the team.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:29 pm

surmo13 wrote:

Laughing as someone that has and will keep Latrell, good lord this is hilarious, especially the bold, people were saying that to you a month ago and you decided to be the champion of why he's a changed man and a can't-miss fantasy gun...

We all get some wrong. Just this year I've traded in Magoulias, Hammer and Young
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:29 pm

Best to Sironen, Clark to Hunt

Grant
    MoFo, Haas
    Yeo, Lolo, Leilua
    DCE, Hunt
    Niu, Aitken
    Paps, Ponga, Teddy

Carrigan, Koro, Macca, Luai

Fermor, Sironen, Clune, McIntyre
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:30 pm

mattnz wrote:
    I doubt 2020 Rapana in that Raiders team gets close to 50 average. Not the same player that he was and neither is the team.

Looks a shell of his former self, but a purple patch could see some monsters
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:30 pm

surmo13 wrote:

Yes, he had a couple of games where he was heavily involved, was doing lots of running from the back, then totally stopped. Went from 10 TBs a game running the ball back, to not running the ball back.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:32 pm

mattnz wrote:

He doesn't need to though, for my 18th man he just needs to put up good scores now and then and keep his job.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 pm