NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 60 - Less trades than rounds left edition.

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 60 - Less trades than rounds left edition.  - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 60 - Less trades than rounds left edition.

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:34 pm

Thoughts on the following two trades?

Croft - Niu, raises money for the other trade. I have lots of halves cover, still got Mann, Luai and Field as well (plan would be to sell Luai and Field to get either Moses or Munster)

Young - A Crichton, gives me that 3rd gun back rower that I desperately need, gets rid of a plodder. Only downer is that Crichton is pretty pricey but I'm willing to pay it considering just how insanely good the Chooks are.

This leaves me with 9 trades left, $29k ITB and the following squad:

Grant
    Haas, Fotu
    A Crichton, Lolo, Yeo
    Mann, Flanagan
    Lomax, S Crichton
    Ponga, Papy, Teddy

Api, Carrigan, Luai, Niu

Field, Talau, Averillo, HTF
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 60 - Less trades than rounds left edition.  - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 60 - Less trades than rounds left edition.

Post by Mulvy Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:36 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

We all get some wrong. Just this year I've traded in Magoulias, Hammer and Young

I win, I did those three plus Wakeham Embarassed
    Nathanator000

Post by Nathanator000 Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:36 pm

Hey legends,

Ponga or Tauk?

Tauk allows me to go Carrigan to bench, field Niu and talau
    Ponga keeps Carrigan at FRF, Lomax to CTR and loop Niu/Talau

My scared team:
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:37 pm

Bethany_B wrote:Thoughts on the following two trades?

Croft - Niu, raises money for the other trade. I have lots of halves cover, still got Mann, Luai and Field as well (plan would be to sell Luai and Field to get either Moses or Munster)

Young - A Crichton, gives me that 3rd gun back rower that I desperately need, gets rid of a plodder. Only downer is that Crichton is pretty pricey but I'm willing to pay it considering just how insanely good the Chooks are.

This leaves me with 9 trades left, $29k ITB and the following squad:

Grant
    Haas, Fotu
    A Crichton, Lolo, Yeo
    Mann, Flanagan
    Lomax, S Crichton
    Ponga, Papy, Teddy

Api, Carrigan, Luai, Niu

Field, Talau, Averillo, HTF
    I'm a big fan of getting Crichton in. Great base and can find the try line, should be in for some monster scores this season.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:38 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I win, I did those three plus Wakeham Embarassed
    And currently in 5th! It just goes to show it isn't the bad trades that define your season. From memory you luckily missed Capewell. May have been the defining moment for you.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:39 pm

mattnz wrote:
    I'm a big fan of getting Crichton in. Great base and can find the try line, should be in for some monster scores this season.

Yeah that's what's appealing to me. Crichton runs great lines, can offload and pass and is running off the best attack in the competition. My initial plan was to hold off trading or try to get Bunt in, but that would have left me short a 2RF and way too many halves, whereas this plan balances my team better and means I'm done with trading in my forward pack. Only positions I would still need to fix is 2nd half spot (selling Luai and Field to Munster and a cashout most likely), and potentially selling Mann, but otherwise I can sit on my team.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:40 pm

Will Herbie and Niu ever get DPP ??? or is that asking too much ?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:40 pm

surmo13 wrote:

Laughing as someone that has and will keep Latrell, good lord this is hilarious, especially the bold, people were saying that to you a month ago and you decided to be the champion of why he's a changed man and a can't-miss fantasy gun...

Beat me to this post, this is what infuriates me, especially to newer posters who are far more impressionable. Everything was laid out multiple times,by multiple posters. Mitchell is the same fantasy player he as always been but an opinion on why he is now the next cant miss prospect and WFB 3 sways people. and now bashing him with same info he was fed, but wasn't interested in. Its fucking mind numbing
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:42 pm

Raiders fans who plays the most minutes, O'Donnell or Starling? Surely one of them has 40 mins in them?
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:43 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Will Herbie and Niu ever get DPP ??? or is that asking too much ?

Next DPPs (and last one) is after R12

Niu would be definite, Farnworth not definite as covering for Staggs injury

Luke Thompson & Talau should be other definites (+ Hunt & McInnes most likely if they continue in same role)
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:43 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Will Herbie and Niu ever get DPP ??? or is that asking too much ?

Niu surely gets it in round 12 if he stays in his current spot, he's playing fullback for christ's sake

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:43 pm

We all get some wrong. Just this year I've traded in Magoulias, Hammer and Young

? two of those still have time and opportunity to come good
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:45 pm

Honey Badger wrote:Raiders fans who plays the most minutes, O'Donnell or Starling? Surely one of them has 40 mins in them?
    Not a Raiders fan, but I expect Starling to play more minutes at hooker than Havili. Also expect him to have poor job security as Raiders will bring in another hooker asap.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:46 pm

But you always admit when wrong and dont base rubbish off your own random thoughts. I've traded in some absolute garbage
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:47 pm

Welshy wrote:

Beat me to this post, this is what infuriates me, especially to newer posters who are far more impressionable. Everything was laid out multiple times,by multiple posters. Mitchell is the same fantasy player he as always been but an opinion on why he is now the next cant miss prospect and WFB 3 sways people. and now bashing him with same info he was fed, but wasn't interested in. Its fucking mind numbing
    He was playing great and really involved for those 2 weeks. If he kept it up was a lock for WFB3. Can't predict that a player suddenly stops playing well, when given a new role and opportunity.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:49 pm

Just on Latrell, I'm holding this week to loop then trading him out next week. I very much hate having him in my team and (tbh) hate watching him play. Worth a trade to me to improve my general wellbeing in life 😄
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:52 pm

mattnz wrote:
    And currently in 5th! It just goes to show it isn't the bad trades that define your season. From memory you luckily missed Capewell. May have been the defining moment for you.

I've dodged a lot of injuries, but the bad trades will catch up with me. Fair chance I run out and struggle to stay in the top 100. I would think a better lesson, is that you don't need to necessarily need to force trades to make a run at the top. I could have held my 2 trades last week and still been in 5th.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:52 pm

Nothing official from the club, but trust the source on this one.

If Whare isn’t a go this week that Yeo would go to centre and May into lock with Kenny coming into the bench.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:54 pm

oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting perfection from people's predictions, that would be hyper-hypocritical given my propensity to consistently pick the wrong option for the past few years, but when some-one consistently comes in carrying on like "I KNOW this is what will happen" in an 'i know better than you' way, it opens them up for ridicule, to be honest, it's happening all over again with Fermor right now "CTR/2RF DPP with a 50 avg, lock it in Eddie", and on the high chance that come Round 12, he's a 2RF in a bench forward role, "he was a bum pick all along".
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:55 pm

mattnz wrote:
    He was playing great and really involved for those 2 weeks. If he kept it up was a lock for WFB3. Can't predict that a player suddenly stops playing well, when given a new role and opportunity.
    Not a new role though is it? Always an excuse. Can pick shit loads of examples on players going amazing in 2/3 games then falling off in fantasy. OMG Cotric averaging 56 over first 3 rounds! That's now his average moving forward? No its the ups and downs of a fantast WFB! Latrell was horseshit in first 2 rounds, he didn't just change his game in lockdown.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:04 pm