NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 60 - Less trades than rounds left edition.

Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 60 - Less trades than rounds left edition.  - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 60 - Less trades than rounds left edition.

Post by Honey Badger Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:56 pm

Bethany_B wrote:Thoughts on the following two trades?

Croft - Niu, raises money for the other trade. I have lots of halves cover, still got Mann, Luai and Field as well (plan would be to sell Luai and Field to get either Moses or Munster)

Young - A Crichton, gives me that 3rd gun back rower that I desperately need, gets rid of a plodder. Only downer is that Crichton is pretty pricey but I'm willing to pay it considering just how insanely good the Chooks are.

This leaves me with 9 trades left, $29k ITB and the following squad:

Grant
    Haas, Fotu
    A Crichton, Lolo, Yeo
    Mann, Flanagan
    Lomax, S Crichton
    Ponga, Papy, Teddy

Api, Carrigan, Luai, Niu

Field, Talau, Averillo, HTF

Im chasing Critchon too. Have been trying to get him into my team for the last 2 weeks. Hating having to pay that much for him now but I hate having no Roosters in my team
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 60 - Less trades than rounds left edition.  - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 60 - Less trades than rounds left edition.

Post by mattnz Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:56 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Nothing official from the club, but trust the source on this one.

If Whare isn’t a go this week that Yeo would go to centre and May into lock with Kenny coming into the bench.
    Shit and won't know about it until the final game of the round.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:57 pm

Honey Badger wrote:

Im chasing Critchon too. Have been trying to get him into my team for the last 2 weeks. Hating having to pay that much for him now but I hate having no Roosters in my team

Aye, it sucks not owning him. I'm lucky to have 3 Chooks in my team including him, I already have Flanno and Teddy.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:59 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Not a new role though is it? Always an excuse. Can pick shit loads of examples on players going amazing in 2/3 games then falling off in fantasy. OMG Cotric averaging 56 over first 3 rounds! That's now his average moving forward? No its the ups and downs of a fantast WFB! Latrell was horseshit in first 2 rounds, he didn't just change his game in lockdown.
    Yes he did, he went from unfit, unable to play 80 minutes, to being fit enough to run the ball back while playing 80 minutes.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:00 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Yes he did, he went from unfit, unable to play 80 minutes, to being fit enough to run the ball back while playing 80 minutes.
    So he's unfit again then? Because hes been shit last few rounds? Is he only fit when he scores well?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:03 pm

Honey Badger wrote:Raiders fans who plays the most minutes, O'Donnell or Starling? Surely one of them has 40 mins in them?

I was listening to the sport show on 2SM last night with Gary Belcher as one of the hosts. He indicated Havili will play first 25mins, Starling will come on for (I guess) 20min and Havili will close out the last 35min.

Seems a bit weird if that's how it's done, but I guess Belcher could have some inside knowledge?
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:06 pm

Am I silly for thinking to get Papy back in?(I know it was probably sillier to trade him out in the first place) I can go Young and Clune to Papy and Starling,team would look like this

Cook
    Haas Taupau
    Yeo Crichton Matterson
    Luai Cleary
    Talau Lomax
    Papy Teddy Ponga

Koro
    Grant
    Niu
    Carrigan

Starling
    Sironen
    HTF
    Averillo
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:06 pm

Welshy wrote:
    So he's unfit again then? Because hes been shit last few rounds? Is he only fit when he scores well?
    No, has been lazy the last few weeks, instead of taking hit ups in their first few tackles, which is where he got most of his TBs, he isn't running them any more. He was doing fine a few weeks ago, taking his fair share, and had demonstrated already he was fit enough to do it.

If all he had done was the work that we see from most fullbacks each week, as he was doing, his scoring would have been significantly higher the last few weeks. It wasn't a high bar that was set for him.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:07 pm

mattnz wrote:

Dude, just admit you were wrong.

I traded in Magoulias. I'm an idiot and made a stupid mistake. Easy.
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:07 pm

Hey Lads I have a two week trade plan that I think will be beneficial but I would love to have some of your opinions. It would see me trade out
    Yeo Latrell Rudolf/Young for ACrichton Hunt and cheapie

Thoughts?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:10 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Dude, just admit you were wrong.

I traded in Magoulias. I'm an idiot and made a stupid mistake. Easy.
    This whole discussion started because I called Latrell a lazy, overpriced prick. Where does that not indicate a mistake in bringing him in. Doesn't mean that the thought process of bringing him in was incorrect at the time though, as many others did when he was showing that if all he did was the work of a normal fullback, as he had been, he was going to score well.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:11 pm

mattnz wrote:
    No, has been lazy the last few weeks, instead of taking hit ups in their first few tackles, which is where he got most of his TBs, he isn't running them any more. He was doing fine a few weeks ago, taking his fair share, and had demonstrated already he was fit enough to do it.

If all he had done was the work that we see from most fullbacks each week, as he was doing, his scoring would have been significantly higher the last few weeks. It wasn't a high bar that was set for him.
    Latrell picks and chooses when he wants to be involved, EXACTLY what everyone said. his RM from FB have always been shit, but you said it was because he was young. What's changed now?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:15 pm

mattnz wrote:
    This whole discussion started because I called Latrell a lazy, overpriced prick. Where does that not indicate a mistake in bringing him in. Doesn't mean that the thought process of bringing him in was incorrect at the time though, as many others did when he was showing that if all he did was the work of a normal fullback, as he had been, he was going to score well.
    This is where you are failing your own argument. He was a great buy at the price, that bit is right. Just because his scoring is rubbish last 2/3 rounds doesn't mean he still isn't the player you got in. Papy is best case and point. You can't crow when he goes well after the trade in then throw them under a bus when they go shit for a bit, especially in WFB and especially with a player like Latrell who has ALWAYS BEEN ROCKS and DIAMONDS. That has never changed
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:16 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Latrell picks and chooses when he wants to be involved, EXACTLY what everyone said. his RM from FB have always been shit, but you said it was because he was young. What's changed now?
    The change from first 2 rounds of shit to him scoring well was that he got fit. If he had just continued playing as he was, he was a steal. He didn't continue to play that way. It was also a valid argument that 18 year old Latrell isnt a good benchmark. We have seen time and again people on here judging players by who they were at 18 and it isnt their potential. The game is about making calls on how players are performing. You can't predict that they will suddenly stop doing the basics of their role, when they are already showing they are capable of it.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:18 pm

mattnz wrote:
    The change from first 2 rounds of shit to him scoring well was that he got fit. If he had just continued playing as he was, he was a steal. He didn't continue to play that way. It was also a valid argument that 18 year old Latrell isnt a good benchmark. We have seen time and again people on here judging players by who they were at 18 and it isnt their potential. The game is about making calls on how players are performing. You can't predict that they will suddenly stop doing the basics of their role, when they are already showing they are capable of it.
    No it's not, its because that is what happens in the WFB outside of the absolute guns. Latrell has only scored once all season, he's got some huge scores coming in the shitty CTR position.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:20 pm

Sorry doods, just spilling my mind particles onto the page.

I can punt Latrell this week and bring in either RTS or Edwards. Ideally they'd become keepers, but worst case scenario they could actually become Ponga in a few weeks if things got ugly. Very short term and probably stupid, but is that fair enough reason to go to either RTS or Edwards this week? Gives me someone to play in WFB rather than relying on Niu and Talau too.

Edwards has lower BE and should pounce up in price with two delectable upcoming match-ups (Cowboys, Titans and then Manly after that too) but why do I still find myself leaning towards RTS, in a struggling team? I still feel like RTS probably has potential to go bigger?

OR! Do I forget both of them and just wait for when I can get Ponga?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:20 pm

Welshy wrote:
    This is where you are failing your own argument. He was a great buy at the price, that bit is right. Just because his scoring is rubbish last 2/3 rounds doesn't mean he still isn't the player you got in. Papy is best case and point. You can't crow when he goes well after the trade in then throw them under a bus when they go shit for a bit, especially in WFB and especially with a player like Latrell who has ALWAYS BEEN ROCKS and DIAMONDS. That has never changed
    Ok, this is where I think we may really differ. I see reasons to bring players in, if they don't show that the reason I brought them in is validated by what I see from them the next few weeks, then I trade them out.

I traded Latrell in primarily on the basis that:
    - He continues to take early tackle hit ups
    - That he gets TBs from those hit ups
    - He shows that he has learned a work ethic in his role

None of those things happened, so it was time to cut him loose. If he continued playing as he had, then he scores well and you keep him. He didn't so you drop him.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:23 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Ok, this is where I think we may really differ. I see reasons to bring players in, if they don't show that the reason I brought them in is validated by what I see from them the next few weeks, then I trade them out.

I traded Latrell in primarily on the basis that:
    - He continues to take early tackle hit ups
    - That he gets TBs from those hit ups
    - He shows that he has learned a work ethic in his role

None of those things happened, so it was time to cut him loose. If he continued playing as he had, then he scores well and you keep him. He didn't so you drop him.
    You don't play the game over 2/3 weeks. Have you never thought you keep running out of trades and quitting is because you are doing it wrong?
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:24 pm

Tossing up Mitchell + Wiliame to Hunt & 239K or less, probably Kai O'Donnell. Would leave me with 10 trades & 15 keepers.

Pros: Finally get rid of Wiliame, finalises my bench with Friend, Grant, Carrigan, Hunt (+ one of Talau/Niu in the emgs) covering all bases.

Cons: Not sure I want to get rid of Mitchell, means I probably have to keep Niu/Talau, no real attractive options under 239K, doesn't leave much spare cash to target Ponga.

Any thoughts?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:25 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Sorry doods, just spilling my mind particles onto the page.

I can punt Latrell this week and bring in either RTS or Edwards. Ideally they'd become keepers, but worst case scenario they could actually become Ponga in a few weeks if things got ugly. Very short term and probably stupid, but is that fair enough reason to go to either RTS or Edwards this week? Gives me someone to play in WFB rather than relying on Niu and Talau too.

Edwards has lower BE and should pounce up in price with two delectable upcoming match-ups (Cowboys, Titans and then Manly after that too) but why do I still find myself leaning towards RTS, in a struggling team? I still feel like RTS probably has potential to go bigger?

OR! Do I forget both of them and just wait for when I can get Ponga?

I would keep Latrell and wait for Ponga next week mate. If he goes out of range then pivot back to RTS/Edwards

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:26 pm