NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Rd 11 discussion

Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Rd 11 discussion Empty Rd 11 discussion

Post by Jele Mon May 17, 2021 6:45 pm

1,059 for 5,008th overall.  19 trades and $13k in the bank.

Rd 11 discussion Screen29
    filthridden
    filthridden

Rd 11 discussion Empty Re: Rd 11 discussion

Post by filthridden Mon May 17, 2021 7:17 pm

Assuming no surprises in team lists I'd be leaning towards no trades unless people want to bring in centre coverage for Peachey.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon May 17, 2021 7:50 pm

Not a lot of bank to bring a CTR, but I think it's a good idea if a cheap one looks viable
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon May 17, 2021 8:21 pm

If Uto or Simpkin arent playing surely one of them go for a CTR. I did a breakdown last week and there are plenty of options with varying risk and upside.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Mon May 17, 2021 9:34 pm

Here's @RandomSil's post for reference (from before round 10):

How I would rank them..

1. Braidon Burns - He is a CTR. That is the better position out of CTR/WFB. Sure he has an injury history, but Rabbitohs will be at full strength almost if Mansour/Latrell are back next week. I don't see Moga, Milne, or anyone else keeping Burns out of the team. Sure injuries are a risk, but there are HIAs every week and long term injuries. So, don't let it impact you. Burns has decent CTR pedigree. He will have the occassion bad game, but I think it is a good time to get on him. Even though he has had a few low scores of like 14. At CTR he averages 40 points in 80 minutes. That is with only three tries. He is the most expensive but damn, if he averages 35 from here out he is comfortably a set and forget until your last upgrade. You acknowledged he was great, and you don't want him because of injuries? Did ya skip Trbojevic?

2. Will Hopoate - Uninspiring in a lacklustre team. Still a CTR he had a poor score last week but should average 30 long term, will have some better games if he nabs a try or two throughout the entire season, but will also have poor games. Again though, safe job security and a CTR should score... okay.. I guess.. (I seem so down on the Number 2 Pick).

3. Josh Dugan - Should keep the spot, unless Moylan makes a rotation through the backfield this week. Still, he will score okay but has not had a crazy score in a long time and now that he is 31 he is just there a lot of the time. Can't go wrong nabbing him, but he is very much Will Hopoate with a little worse job security.

4. Nick Cotric - He has such safe job security, but he is annoying. He lost his CTR position after the Rabbitohs murdered them and he gave up 5 missed tackles. He was bought in as a CTR, but with Meaney being the one to replace Allan, definitely seems like they don't want him in that role now. Allan/Meany/DWZ flip flopping at FB is so annoying. Cotric should still be safe Job Security on the wing, and puts in strong meters in the backfield returning the ball. He just deserves to be their CTR. Cotric at CTR would be Number 1, but he is a winger. Which Cini showed us why we don't rate wings super highly.

5. BJ Leilua - He is pretty cheap, he did have a score of 1 at the start of the year but he seems to be back to his explosive self after serving his time out. I don't think he will want to lose the position and the last few games he has scored tries and looked okay. On top of those Missed Tackles should go decently against the Knights Left Side defence which he could definitely do damage against this week. He has a lot of potential upside if he is ready to go.

6. Moses Mbye - Lower on the list due to the volatility of the Tigers squad, but honestly a starting HLF he should score well and could have a big game against the Knights this week. It would rely heavily on how much he actually puts in runs and kicks. I am hopeful he will want to make a statement to keep the position. Pile the pressure on Brooks to hold his position. Too much volatility to take this week as if there is a loss he could be shuffled again, but he most likely wont be out of the team which is positive, but with Roberts potentially coming back Doueihi could move to HLF and MBye to the bench.

7. Sebastian Kris - I think he loses out over Curtis Scott. Scott was signed as a big deal CTR, then had issues. He is locked in as their CTR and didn't move when Croker came back. I am not sold Croker comes back next week and they ease him, but his scores on the wing are uninspiring and he lacks job security.

8. Jesse Arthars - Job security, pretty much the same as everyone here. He has scored the last two weeks, won the first and narrowly lost last week. My question would be where does Stagg go? Staggs signed a big contract, but the Broncos could win against the rolling Sea Eagles. If their pack gets control they could dominate, which would mean there wouldn't be a reshuffle in the HLFs and Staggs slots in to CTR. I don't think Niu forces his way in over Arthars. Similar to Kris, where if the injured player was back this week and he kept his spot he would be worth looking at.

9. Tyrone May - Serviceable scores the last two weeks, but one had a try. In 30-50min games he averages 23 points with some horrible scores there. Always a chance he gets good minutes for an injury, and playing in the best team in the comp. Still not worth it, risk of low scores or 20s even. It doesn't seem like if anyone went down either that he would even start. Not a lot of upside.

10. Tommy Talau - He is super cheap, but with excellent reason. Roberts could force a reshuffle in a week or two at the Tigers, who don't have a set backline. He could have such a strong game against the Knights facing up against Starford (Who is super green) and Enari (Who likes a missed tackle), with Leilua as such a threat inside him. Still, 7 points as a winger, could be used as a scapegoat if they hack the team apart in a week or two. Definitely a pass.

--. Max Feagai - He is a winger, and wingers hurt. He doesn't have the best job security. Ramsey on the extended bench, Pereira around, Lomax back in a few weeks as well. It wouldn't be a shock if he is out next week, making him a definite no go option.

--. Brayden Musgrove - He scored -5. That should be enough said, otherwise Hunt and Lee are back next week. He is also nursing injured ribs, so if he rolls out this week because he has to. Doesn't mean he doesn't sit late, or is out of the squad next week.

--. Morgan Harper - If only you had the money... he'd be second.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue May 18, 2021 7:59 am

Yeah I'd probably have to grab a CTR and hope for 50+ over these 2 rounds and then maybe they feature in 1 of the byes or some other week.

Unless it's another Cini situation, it should range somewhere between barely worth it and definitely worth it imo. Might aswell take the punt.

Need to ponder who though scratch
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue May 18, 2021 8:42 pm

Utoi/Simpkin for one of BJ, May or maybe even Kris.

Reasoning:

No point in spending big dollars for someone who'll be outside the 17 most weeks.
    BJ - PRO: seems to have secured his spot again but CON: plays for the Tigers
    May - PROS: average seems low but wasn't he playing more of a half/centre role when he came on in the early rounds? Now he plays more of the ball-playing lock role - either way his scores (and tackle count) have been more consistent lately. Also covers EDG so could be a good 18-21 for the long haul CON: Capable of a low score, unlikely but could drop out of the 17.
    Kris - PRO: Should score well for cheap(ish) and may be able to be sold for gains later CON: Doesn't play 13.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Tue May 18, 2021 9:04 pm

Any interest in Brian Kelly at 430k?  watched him closely on the weekend and he was heavily involved...
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 19, 2021 7:16 am

Jele wrote:Any interest in Brian Kelly at 430k?  watched him closely on the weekend and he was heavily involved...

Yeah. I'm leaning towards putting him in my main team, calling him a set and forget and move Peach to the 14-17. Warming more and more to the idea. I didn't see much of the last game but I've always rated him. 38 points in that drubbing is impressive too.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed May 19, 2021 7:26 am

I was leaning towards Talau because I'm a cheap bastard and was hoping for about 75 points over the next 3 rounds with the bye..

Joey Leilua not a bad option, capable of scoring linebreak tries at least.

Kris with a 34 average at CTR from 9 games.. but Storm and Roosters next 2 could be tough, and maybe Croker's back before the Rd 17 bye.

Everyone fkn sucks.. Throw a dart and hope for the best I guess.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed May 19, 2021 8:34 am

All our options are so so so shit. Leilua's 36 with a try is not awe inspiring though. Doesn't seem like he is involved at all.

I think job security is key. I'd prefer Kris if he was certain to play R17, but at the moment I'm landing on Mbye just for his DPP. Might be useful in the back end of the year.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:51 pm