NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Rd 21 discussion

Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Rd 21 discussion Empty Rd 21 discussion

Post by Jele Tue 3 Aug 2021 - 23:50

917 for the week, 4,152nd overall.  3 trades and $235k left.

Rd 21 discussion Screen40

As Milch pointed out, getting Cleary back is looking pretty tricky.  Although Hynes and Brailey or a benched CHN could get us there...
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Rd 21 discussion Empty Re: Rd 21 discussion

Post by WT Winfield Wed 4 Aug 2021 - 0:15

Maybe CHN and Brailey to Cleary and Blore.

Knights play first and Raiders second though, so might not know if Cleary will play. Could do Brailey to Blore and see the Panthers 24 hour cut just before the Raiders game at 6pm.

Ponga's someone I'd like to target too though..
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Wed 4 Aug 2021 - 9:36

Just looking at our trade out options:

- We had earmarked Hynes as our ticket to Cleary. Trading out a green dot at this stage of the season always a risky call I guess, but Cleary a clear upgrade.  
    - Brailey looks like just a one week rest, although with HIA you can't be sure.
    - Peachey definitely a one week rest, but I'd put Best and Bird above him as our preferred centre combo. 
    - Has CHN peaked?  Raiders lineup/bench doesn't look particularly promising for him.  
    - Verrills can always be a makeweight in any trade scenario.  
    - There's not much cash in Savage, and he might come in handy for looping.

In terms of trade ins, I feel like we're all in on Cleary. Given where the team is at, having him on the run home will hopefully be the best ticket to some late rank rises. Can we structure our trades (eg for Hynes) in a way that allows us to grab him if he's named, or hold off a week?

Tempted by CHN -> Blore and then Hynes -> Cleary if named or hold Hynes and use him to get Cleary next week if not.  Brailey survives again...
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed 4 Aug 2021 - 12:15

I think CHN/Hynes to Cleary/Blore is the go.

I'm still tempted in my own team to take the early trade and lock him as captain, but I haven't looked that closely at whether the punt is worth it.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed 4 Aug 2021 - 13:11

Are we really trading out a green dot who recently nabbed a banner because he's been named on the bench once?

I'd rather get rid of Hynes and Brailey. Brailey has been averaging 45 for long enough, hes definitely out this week and it's not 100% that he'll be back next week.

I wouldn't be playing CHN this week but I think it's premature to be scraping him if we don't have to.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed 4 Aug 2021 - 19:38

I'm kinda back and forth on Hynes vs. CHN.

Hynes gives us the Clearly confirmation, but I was thinking there's a pretty good chance he doesn't play anyway, so grabbing Ponga first and Cleary next week with our last trade could work.

Between Hynes, CHN and Brailey we have just under 200k wiggle room to get Cleary, Ponga and Blore.

Re. Hynes, I thought Hughes would miss this week and Hynes slots into HB. Didn't notice Cooper Johns in the 21 though and it's possible Hughes plays anyway.

Re. CHN, I tried punting him a few weeks ago, which would've been a disaster. I figured he could be benched any time though and now it's happened and he's at peak price, there shouldn't be any regrets trading him for Cleary or a bottomed out Ponga.

Really the only indecision is because CHN is against Dragons and I could see him jagging some massive play and posting a decent score. Could still bomb if he doesn't get the minutes and the Raiders are back to being a cluster though.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Wed 4 Aug 2021 - 22:51

i guess we'll put it to the vote...

Current date/time is Thu 9 May 2024 - 6:44