NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11739
    Reputation : 2870
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : New Zealand

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri May 14, 2021 10:30 am

    Team post trades. Piss poor I know

    Brailey
    Haas, Tino, Lodge
    Tups, Schuster
    Cleary, Moses
    Peachey, Momo
    Brimson, Laurie, Paps

    Fog, Watson, Walker, Gamble
    Fifita, Stefano, Simpkin, Roberts
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 7213
    Reputation : 3860
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 28

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

    Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri May 14, 2021 10:34 am

    @Chewie wrote:

    Yeah I won't have the luxury to be trading players in and out just to make up numbers for round 17. I'll be aiming to get the rd17 keepers (Tohu, Taumalolo, AFB, and maybe Starling, Rapana & RTS) and maybe a couple cows like Verrills and Suaalii.

    My tentative round 17 watchlist, most won't make the cut + injury/HIA/suspension will throw up some new options

    Warriors - Tohu, RTS, AFB, Aitken. Fusitu'a might end up a cash out with DPP to cover CTR/WFB

    Sharks - SJ, Rudolf*, Ramien, Graham

    Eagles - Not a lot on offer maybe a Taupau to go along with Schuster

    Roosters - Tauk, Walker, Verrills, Billy Smith

    Raiders - Williams, Rapana, CNK

    Rabbitohs - ARey

    Cowboys - Taumalolo

    Bulldogs - Thompson, Hopa, Cotric

    Assuming you keep the uber guns like Haas, Cleary, Teddy through origin this lets you come out of 17 with something like this and field decent numbers in round 17

    Verrills
    Haas, AFB, Taumalolo
    Tohu, Schuster
    Cleary, SJ
    Aitken, Ramien
    Teddy, RTS, Cotric

    Arey, Tauk, Thompson, Walker
    Graham, X, X, Fusitu'a

    Upgrade priorities would be Verrills, Schuster, Cotric but you could reasonably run home with this side

    EDIT: In reality I probably wouldn't waste trades on the likes of Cotric, Aitken, Ramien, Graham, Arey but there are a few fringe options with upside
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

    Posts : 2638
    Reputation : 493
    Join date : 2017-02-21

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

    Post by danseels1985 Fri May 14, 2021 10:41 am

    [quote="BCT05"]

    Strong enough that I don't think you need Turbo, hopefully you have cover this week for Papy if he's out.

    Fogarty and TPJ are solid trade in's, obvious rd13 targets, Matto an option instead of TPJ if you don't already have him. Wouldn't over think it, Turbo is up in price off the back of a couple big scores and doesn't play 13

    [/quote

    Yeah you’re probably right regarding Turbo,I’m only considering him as I don’t have cover for Papy and I’m playing with 16 this week regardless unless a surprise late in for Stefano,Niu etc. I’m only leaning towards TPJ as I think he will shoulder more of the workload(not that he hasn’t already) with Carrigan being out too
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 4968
    Reputation : 1397
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

    Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 14, 2021 10:42 am

    @mattnz wrote:
    Yeah I have been working out that with trades available and options in round 17 I won't be close to max trading between the rounds. Anyone that is undervalued now, plays 17 and should significantly increase in value between now and round 14 is just as valuable as a round 13 player. Most here are over valuing round 13 vs round 17 availability.
    I may have a couple less than some for round 13 but should also have a couple more in round 17 to balance it out

    The round 13 guy can be much more useful, and given the time frame (i.e. #rounds until the respective bye round), has less risk. I do agree though, in the absence of an obvious rnd 13 play, it does appear that many often focus on 13 too much at the expense of the bigger picture , myself included.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 14594
    Reputation : 6682
    Join date : 2016-01-26
    Location : Mulvania

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

    Post by Mulvy Fri May 14, 2021 10:43 am

    @filthridden wrote:So my options that I still haven't fully landed on:

    Fifita ---> Haas

    This is pretty much locked in and gives me the following options in order of my preference:

    Egan ---> Gamble

    Gives me a round 13 player who is also now my back up half if Walker is out

    Egan ---> Starling

    Leaves me with no back up half if Walker is out and high risk/reward on Starlings minutes/
    Potential for a season keeper but two wasted trades if he fails + doesn't play 13 and doesn't help with any positional cover in my team (four hookers + Watson)

    Walker ---> Moses

    Early trade out of Walker who still has cash to make however could be out this round.
    Brings in a round 13 keeper but also leaves Egan in my team to score shit and drop cash

    What would you do?

    If Walker survives the 24hr cull at 7.45pm, 20 minutes before the Broncos options lock out, I think you've got it right with those first two trades. If Walker culled at 7.45pm, I would do the last trade instead.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 10593
    Reputation : 5925
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

    Post by Chewie Fri May 14, 2021 10:44 am

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    My tentative round 17 watchlist, most won't make the cut + injury/HIA/suspension will throw up some new options

    Warriors - Tohu, RTS, AFB, Aitken. Fusitu'a might end up a cash out with DPP to cover CTR/WFB

    Sharks - SJ, Rudolf*, Ramien, Graham

    Eagles - Not a lot on offer maybe a Taupau to go along with Schuster

    Roosters - Tauk, Walker, Verrills, Billy Smith

    Raiders - Williams, Rapana, CNK

    Rabbitohs - ARey

    Cowboys - Taumalolo

    Bulldogs - Thompson, Hopa, Cotric

    Assuming you keep the uber guns like Haas, Cleary, Teddy through origin this lets you come out of 17 with something like this and field decent numbers in round 17

    Verrills
    Haas, AFB, Taumalolo
    Tohu, Schuster
    Cleary, SJ
    Aitken, Ramien
    Teddy, RTS, Cotric

    Arey, Tauk, Thompson, Walker
    Graham, X, X, Fusitu'a

    Upgrade priorities would be Verrills, Schuster, Cotric but you could reasonably run home with this side

    EDIT: In reality I probably wouldn't waste trades on the likes of Cotric, Aitken, Ramien, Graham, Arey but there are a few fringe options with upside

    Not too bad. The main thing for me is to have some trades left after round 17 to make a few upgrades. It's good to have someone cheap like Verrills available to free up some cash to get guys like Tohu and Taumalolo into the team in round 14/15
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 24899
    Reputation : 7298
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 37
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

    Post by wolfking Fri May 14, 2021 10:47 am

    @filthridden wrote:So my options that I still haven't fully landed on:

    Fifita ---> Haas

    This is pretty much locked in and gives me the following options in order of my preference:

    Egan ---> Gamble

    Gives me a round 13 player who is also now my back up half if Walker is out

    Egan ---> Starling

    Leaves me with no back up half if Walker is out and high risk/reward on Starlings minutes/
    Potential for a season keeper but two wasted trades if he fails + doesn't play 13 and doesn't help with any positional cover in my team (four hookers + Watson)

    Walker ---> Moses

    Early trade out of Walker who still has cash to make however could be out this round.
    Brings in a round 13 keeper but also leaves Egan in my team to score shit and drop cash

    What would you do?

    First two.  If we find out Walker is out, get Moses.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 24899
    Reputation : 7298
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 37
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

    Post by wolfking Fri May 14, 2021 10:48 am

    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Team post trades. Piss poor I know

    Brailey
    Haas, Tino, Lodge
    Tups, Schuster
    Cleary, Moses
    Peachey, Momo
    Brimson, Laurie, Paps

    Fog, Watson, Walker, Gamble
    Fifita, Stefano, Simpkin, Roberts

    Don't like Bird to cement your centres?
    avatar
    Chris nz

    Posts : 218
    Reputation : 104
    Join date : 2021-01-22

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

    Post by Chris nz Fri May 14, 2021 10:50 am

    Does teddy come right this week ? Want to get him in on the cheap, and if I go with current plan I can grab him and Koro next week as long as his price doesn't get away from me real quick.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

    Posts : 3237
    Reputation : 1024
    Join date : 2018-02-05
    Age : 23
    Location : Canberra, Australia

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

    Post by Bethany_B Fri May 14, 2021 10:52 am

    @Chris nz wrote:Does teddy come right this week ? Want to get him in on the cheap, and if I go with current plan I can grab him and Koro next week as long as his price doesn't get away from me real quick.

    He's got two juicy matchups (Cows and Broncos) in the next 2 weeks, if he's ever going to get a big score, it's now.

    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 17776
    Reputation : 9728
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

    Post by Milchcow Fri May 14, 2021 10:54 am


    Other than Tohu (and perhaps Taumalolo) I don't think any of the R17 guns are ideal for final 17

    There's a few who will be OK if trades/cash limits your options.

    Unless they have done very well with trades I think teams that kill it in round 17 might get rundown afterwards by stronger 17s
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 17776
    Reputation : 9728
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

    Post by Milchcow Fri May 14, 2021 10:57 am


    Teddy is pretty fixture proof normally.

    His 5 biggest scores last year were against Rabbitohs, Dogs, Storm, Broncos, Raiders

    Lowest scores (ignoring HIA) were Panthers and Dragons. (and his next lowest score was 46 against the Tigers which is hardly a terrible score)
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

    Posts : 3237
    Reputation : 1024
    Join date : 2018-02-05
    Age : 23
    Location : Canberra, Australia

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

    Post by Bethany_B Fri May 14, 2021 10:57 am

    @Milchcow wrote:
    Other than Tohu (and perhaps Taumalolo) I don't think any of the R17 guns are ideal for final 17

    There's a few who will be OK if trades/cash limits your options.

    Unless they have done very well with trades I think teams that kill it in round 17 might get rundown afterwards by stronger 17s

    AFB if he's back in time is a good one, Latrell is also one I want
    avatar
    Chris nz

    Posts : 218
    Reputation : 104
    Join date : 2021-01-22

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

    Post by Chris nz Fri May 14, 2021 11:02 am

    @Bethany_B wrote:

    He's got two juicy matchups (Cows and Broncos) in the next 2 weeks, if he's ever going to get a big score, it's now.


    Just noticed that , he and Koro have quite high break evens this week should be fine all going well. took a big gamble this week got rid of ponga for matto and filled his spot with walsh, but I believe walsh will start again this week or get a lot more mins if not starting. Been playing hard and fast trades wise only saving one but my team after next 2 trades should be solid, and I'm well prepared for the bye rounds try limit them after next week and damage control the last 14 rounds my ranks have been reflecting my trades so that's one positive I guess.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 7213
    Reputation : 3860
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 28

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

    Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri May 14, 2021 11:03 am

    @Milchcow wrote:
    Other than Tohu (and perhaps Taumalolo) I don't think any of the R17 guns are ideal for final 17

    There's a few who will be OK if trades/cash limits your options.

    Unless they have done very well with trades I think teams that kill it in round 17 might get rundown afterwards by stronger 17s

    I think AFB and SJ are comparable to similar options but outside of that tend to agree. SJ averaged 55 up until his season ender last year and had some big weeks where he dominated kick metres

    Assuming Tohu is used on the edge, after Haas and Taumalolo it's wide open for who ends the year as 3rd best middle

    Everywhere else you would be sacrificing points if you are low on cash
    mattnz
    mattnz

    Posts : 9456
    Reputation : 2732
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

    Post by mattnz Fri May 14, 2021 11:03 am

    @Bethany_B wrote:

    AFB if he's back in time is a good one, Latrell is also one I want
    Latrell very unlikely to play 17
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11739
    Reputation : 2870
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : New Zealand

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri May 14, 2021 11:10 am

    @wolfking wrote:

    Don't like Bird to cement your centres?
    Since I’m playing short handed no matter what configuration i go for I thought I’d grab a cheaper keeper and a cow of sorts instead of a CTR. I do like Bird and maybe an option next week
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 24899
    Reputation : 7298
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 37
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

    Post by wolfking Fri May 14, 2021 11:13 am

    @Milchcow wrote:
    Other than Tohu (and perhaps Taumalolo) I don't think any of the R17 guns are ideal for final 17

    There's a few who will be OK if trades/cash limits your options.

    Unless they have done very well with trades I think teams that kill it in round 17 might get rundown afterwards by stronger 17s

    Yeah, I was thinking that. Looking at who I have gun wise for 13, I really want to keep them all year. IPap, TPJ/Matto, Moses, Fog, Peach, Bird, To'o, I don't want them going anywhere. might have to take a hit in 17 as I won't have the trades to swap and then swap back again. Most of the 17 option are inferior to most of these IMO.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 4968
    Reputation : 1397
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

    Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 14, 2021 11:18 am

    @Chris nz wrote:Does teddy come right this week ? Want to get him in on the cheap, and if I go with current plan I can grab him and Koro next week as long as his price doesn't get away from me real quick.

    His BE is high mate - 86 according to MTB's site. So if his price does go up, it wont be by much. Chances are it goes down through really.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 7213
    Reputation : 3860
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 28

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

    Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri May 14, 2021 11:19 am

    Papy said on radio better than 50/50 chance to play, fitness test at C' runs

      Current date/time is Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:27 pm