NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

Post by my tv broke Wed May 12, 2021 11:17 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

Wraps on him by who bro? Just around the Souffs club? Because I've never heard his name letalone heard wraps coming out about him. Walker was noted a generational talent when the bloke was like 16 years old and hadn't even signed with a club... that's wraps.

For every bottom 8 side there is a forum of supporters who will swear that there are better options in reserve grade right now
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

Post by Mr Snrub Wed May 12, 2021 11:18 pm

Mulvy wrote:
    Starling isn't just another fanatics echo chamber created hype train is he?

Probably. I'm going to wait and see with him for another week. Even if he has a huge game and goes up 100k in price he'll still be much cheaper than other comparative guns.

Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 12, 2021 11:20 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Yes indeed like that and I need help please this is my team before trades:

Brailey
    Alvaro Haas Watson
    Fifita CHN
    Cleary S. Walker
    Peachey Bird
    Teddy Pap Laurie

Macca Angus Schuster Simpkin
    Uto Simonsson Roberts Cini

I’m cooked anyway rank is 4747

Can do Fifita to Moses and then Cini to Starling or Tommy T.

Who would you suggest I get Tommy T or Starling?

Is Tommy T close to must have?

Neither Turbo or Starling are must have. You've got Simmonsson if Pappy doesn't play.

Moses is a good call, you're half depth is weaker than most I've seen. Fogarty still good value too. In fact if you can afford Moses and Turbo, you can probably afford Fogarty and Matterson.

Turbo and Starling could be good options. I think it's a fraction late on Turbo personally.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed May 12, 2021 11:46 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Neither Turbo or Starling are must have. You've got Simmonsson if Pappy doesn't play.

Moses is a good call, you're half depth is weaker than most I've seen. Fogarty still good value too. In fact if you can afford Moses and Turbo, you can probably afford Fogarty and Matterson.

Turbo and Starling could be good options. I think it's a fraction late on Turbo personally.
    After doing Fifita to Moses I can afford to trade Cini out to anyone 844k or under.

I already had 373k spare before doing anything this week.

I could do Moses and Matto. Concern re Matto is his head knock history and the talk he could get one of the final interchange spots on the bench for the Blues. He’s not far off from that at all.

If I go Turbo then I’m going with the crowd of 90percent of others who have him in the top 5000 who think he’s a must have or I can opt to go Starling which is more risky but could pay dividends.

I’m so so so torn.

For my 3rd WFB I’m gonna want Tommy T or Ponga at some point.

My cash gen has been pretty bad though and Starling could make massive cash and fast and does not play origin.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu May 13, 2021 12:16 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    After doing Fifita to Moses I can afford to trade Cini out to anyone 844k or under.

I already had 373k spare before doing anything this week.

I could do Moses and Matto. Concern re Matto is his head knock history and the talk he could get one of the final interchange spots on the bench for the Blues. He’s not far off from that at all.

If I go Turbo then I’m going with the crowd of 90percent of others who have him in the top 5000 who think he’s a must have or I can opt to go Starling which is more risky but could pay dividends.

I’m so so so torn.

For my 3rd WFB I’m gonna want Tommy T or Ponga at some point.

My cash gen has been pretty bad though and Starling could make massive cash and fast and does not play origin.

I can't tell you whether Matterson's the right choice or not. No one can. No crystal balls here.

The 90% who have Turbo didn't consider him a must have at 663k. Like me, they got him when he was 503k. His injury risk is just as bad as Matterson's, and he likely plays origin. A good example is Ipap. I'm not getting him. He's done extremely well for owners, but I've missed the boat there, just have to suck it up. He at least plays rd13, Turbo probably not.

I also can't tell you whether to get Starling or not. I don't know myself. No one does. Choosing him requires Balls . They don't need to be hairy, but you need them all the same. He could be another Turbo or Ipap, could be a complete failure. No one knows which. You need to decide. Calmly. Without capital letters.

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2021 12:23 am

TPJ in. Will drink heavily Saturday Arvo before deciding on Starling/Matto
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu May 13, 2021 12:51 am

Rabbits21 wrote:If you could have Tommy T or Starling who you pick? I can only have one of them.

TU: Starling
    TD: Tommy T

The fact that Thumbs Up is winning this suggests the forum has gone collectively insane and goes a long way to explaining this year's ranks.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu May 13, 2021 12:51 am

Mulvy wrote:

I can't tell you whether Matterson's the right choice or not. No one can. No crystal balls here.

The 90% who have Turbo didn't consider him a must have at 663k. Like me, they got him when he was 503k. His injury risk is just as bad as Matterson's, and he likely plays origin. A good example is Ipap. I'm not getting him. He's done extremely well for owners, but I've missed the boat there, just have to suck it up. He at least plays rd13, Turbo probably not.

I also can't tell you whether to get Starling or not. I don't know myself. No one does. Choosing him requires Balls . They don't need to be hairy, but you need them all the same. He could be another Turbo or Ipap, could be a complete failure. No one knows which. You need to decide. Calmly. Without capital letters.

Can categorically confirm that Turbo, origin or not will NOT play in R13 for some unconfirmed reason....
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu May 13, 2021 12:59 am

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

I think Radley has to fit in there somewhere to be honest.

I think Murray will be lock if fit, Radley or Brown if not. Jurbo as a grinding prop.

If all fit:

Haas, Cook, Jurbo
    Friz, Angus
    Murray

Papi, Paulo, Radley, NBrown

Yeo misses out with that, but all the bench are high-impact and he isn't. In reality, someone will be injured so he or Finucane will come in. NSW seem to love Saifitis though I can't really see it myself, so possible he plays instead of Haas, but that would be ridiculous. Don't really see Matterson as being anywhere near.

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2021 1:11 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

I think Murray will be lock if fit, Radley or Brown if not. Jurbo as a grinding prop.

If all fit:

Haas, Cook, Jurbo
    Friz, Angus
    Murray

Papi, Paulo, Radley, NBrown

Yeo misses out with that, but all the bench are high-impact and he isn't. In reality, someone will be injured so he or Finucane will come in. NSW seem to love Saifitis though I can't really see it myself, so possible he plays instead of Haas, but that would be ridiculous. Don't really see Matterson as being anywhere near.

How I see it too. Who you think they go with at 5/8?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu May 13, 2021 1:21 am

rhinoceroo wrote:
    Rabbits21 wrote:If you could have Tommy T or Starling who you pick? I can only have one of them.

TU: Starling
    TD: Tommy T

The fact that Thumbs Up is winning this suggests the forum has gone collectively insane and goes a long way to explaining this year's ranks.

Even worse is that this was 4 up 0 down when I read it Shocked
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu May 13, 2021 1:22 am

WT2K wrote:

How I see it too. Who you think they go with at 5/8?

I really don't know between Wighton and Luai, depends how seriously they.take club combinations. I'd go Wighton, personally.
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Thu May 13, 2021 4:58 am

Am hopeful Daine Laurie doesn't lose value in the next couple of games before he gets the chop .
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Thu May 13, 2021 6:07 am

Mulvy wrote:

Looks very good*

I'm betting you know what the * is for.

Err no?
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Thu May 13, 2021 6:51 am

Rabbits I don’t think getting Starling is the best thing for you. Go safe with R13 players. If starling got 25 in 40 mins on the weekend I’d genuinely be concerned for your well-being.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu May 13, 2021 6:53 am

I'd only personally look at grabbing Starling if I was trading someone I planned to hold through round 13 anyway. Right now that list is only Walker and Schuster. If you believe you can get comparable scores while banking some cash it's tempting. But be aware this is one of the trades that you could look back on and say "what was I thinking"
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu May 13, 2021 6:53 am

Camo123 wrote:How would you set up this WFB & Bench

Papenhuyzen To'o Hynes (Teddy, Laurie)

I have it currently set up as above with 17-21 as Verrills, Simpkin, Laurie, Teddy, Roberts

Would you just forego looping with uncertainty on Hynes and Papenhuyzen or take the risk one drops out and loop Laurie & Teddy

Could I do a friendly bump of this

Worth looping with uncertainty on Hynes/Papenhuyzen or just play Teddy??
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Thu May 13, 2021 6:55 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:I'd only personally look at grabbing Starling if I was trading someone I planned to hold through round 13 anyway. Right now that list is only Walker and Schuster. If you believe you can get comparable scores while banking some cash it's tempting. But be aware this is one of the trades that you could look back on and say "what was I thinking"

100%. Swinging more towards leaving him as I sit here on the bus to work. On the bus home it’s likely I’ll flop back to the other way though. Such is the life of an impulsive risk taker
    Papadontbleach
    Papadontbleach

Post by Papadontbleach Thu May 13, 2021 6:58 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Tommy T ahead now.

I don’t like either option when there are much safer R13 guns. I will probably get Gamble or Flegler for my R13 coin goats and cross my fingers and hope they make decent cash before R17.

Starling could do okay, I’m not willing to take the risk.

Im thinking of holding Fifita too. I feel like there is so much value in saving trades this year, so I’m being super conservative with them and sticking to my target bye round, save trade plan.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu May 13, 2021 7:00 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

I didn't vote in the poll, but I'd just like to point out that the actual question is

Trbojevic
    vs
    Starling + $200k

I got Trbo in weeks ago, so my personal decision is Starling or no Starling.
    But if it was one or the other, cash would come into it

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 pm