NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute!

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute! - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute!

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:07 am

Iron Mike wrote:

Just commented - Niu to Peachey
                              Riki to Tevaga (use Tevaga to bridge to Haas)

Cheers mate, thanks for your time
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute! - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute!

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:12 am

GreenMachine wrote:
    You’re 100% right not a proven fantasy scorer as yet but is talented and breakout wouldnt surprise... fun fact - has never scored a first grade try. I think that would change at our place. Obv if he was still at the current panthers it would too.

Has already got himself a couple of tries in the reserves and CNK himself was barely a winger before his arrival too.

Interested in any panthers fans and if you liked the talent or were happy he left?

Not a Panthers fan but watched him with interest and started with him last season while Edwards was out. Great positioning at the back, a little bit elusive, can ball play a little bit and has an incredible work rate. Seems to have the making of a good real life player, but when I watched him he had similar problems to Will Kennedy that he was okay at everything but didn't really have a stand out skill. Quick enough to finish a try but not break the line himself. Strong enough to muscle through a tackle if a defender is caught in the wrong spot, but won't outright break one. Similar to Kennedy, I think he will only be fantasy relevant if he has managed to put on a bit of weight without losing the speed. Haven't watched him at all this season in ressies but that's what I'll be looking for in first grade
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:12 am

Gives you keeper centres unless injury right up until round 17. And hopefully by round 13 Tevaga is over $700K
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:17 am

Iron Mike wrote:Gives you keeper centres unless injury right up until round 17. And hopefully by round 13 Tevaga is over $700K

Tevaga was definitely on the watch list and hopefully his role continues, will be a problem if Afoa and JTB affect his minutes though.

Peachey is obviously the prime CTR candidate but my god you are paying out some cash for that privilege
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:20 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Not a Panthers fan but watched him with interest and started with him last season while Edwards was out. Great positioning at the back, a little bit elusive, can ball play a little bit and has an incredible work rate. Seems to have the making of a good real life player, but when I watched him he had similar problems to Will Kennedy that he was okay at everything but didn't really have a stand out skill. Quick enough to finish a try but not break the line himself. Strong enough to muscle through a tackle if a defender is caught in the wrong spot, but won't outright break one. Similar to Kennedy, I think he will only be fantasy relevant if he has managed to put on a bit of weight without losing the speed. Haven't watched him at all this season in ressies but that's what I'll be looking for in first grade
    Helpful view and reflection. Thanks mate.

Expect him to be in the 1 this afternoon but might be worth watching for a week and see where he’s at. Well priced and like how the raiders are playing, the panthers blip aside
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:24 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Cheers mate, thanks for your time

What do you think you will do?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:31 am

GreenMachine wrote:
    Helpful view and reflection. Thanks mate.

Expect him to be in the 1 this afternoon but might be worth watching for a week and see where he’s at. Well priced and like how the raiders are playing, the panthers blip aside

Wouldn't mind getting some Raiders back line coverage after selling Simo so on the radar for me.

One of the joys of the cheap WFB approach is that you have to be on the look out for the next one

Passes the rule of not being a shit player so should hold the spot until CNK comes back. Bulging disk is no joke
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:34 am

10k short of Munster+Welch>Haas+Tevaga

Probably bank them another week while cows do their thing and run with no MID/EDG backup again

Will likely just cop Riki this week with Schuster DPP+Burns on the radar for next week

Liddle to Fogarty looking a nice trade for next week for sub 100k
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:36 am

Iron Mike wrote:

What do you think you will do?

I’m tempted that’s for sure. Bench makeup will be a headache if I go ahead.

If I took a longterm view of it I may be better off waiting for a Verills/Haas trade in next week or the week after, whenever Verills returns.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:36 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:10k short of Munster+Welch>Haas+Tevaga

Probably bank them another week while cows do their thing and run with no MID/EDG backup again

Will likely just cop Riki this week with Schuster DPP+Burns on the radar for next week

Liddle to Fogarty looking a nice trade for next week for sub 100k

The McGuire pickup for the Dragons doesn’t affect Burns too much does it?
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:37 am

Thanks to Milch for the magic number info.  A few thoughts:

The MN is now roughly 10% lower than what players were priced at the start of the year.
    Players will have to score 10% more points to retain their starting price.

Tohu Harris a good example.  Week 1 he scored 61, and his price went unchanged at $807k.   Since then he has scored 63, 62, 61, 61 during which his price has slowly dropped every week and by increasing amounts.  Down $23k in total and $9k last week. Now $784k.   If he keeps getting 61 he’ll end up roughly $745k.

A rule of thumb:  a player who was priced at 30 and averages 30 will end up losing $30k on start price.  (Replace 30 with whatever number you want for rule of thumb).

This brings me to Riki.  His current average is 45 and he’s priced at $494k.  At start of year a 45 would’ve got him to almost $600k.  Now it’ll get him only to around $550 (if MN doesn’t drop anymore).
    So, he’s got maybe $55k more to make.  Unfortunately his 36 last week slows the money making.  

If he gets 45 every week from now on, he will only go up $14k this week then $5-6k per week.
    If he gets 40 every week from now on, he will go up $9k this week before losing $2-3k per week.
    If he gets 30 off the bench this week and then starts averaging 45, he’ll drop $2k for 2 weeks before starting to increase.  He’d make $14k total in 5 weeks.
    Even a 30 followed by 50 average he only makes $12k in 3 weeks and $45k in 5 weeks.

TLDR: Even in best scenario, Riki looks such a slow burn, I might be bidding him farewell.

[Calcs above use MN of 12,200, per Milch’s earlier post.  Will differ to MTB’s magnificent site due to different MN used]
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:38 am

Iron Mike wrote:Pretty scathing article on Tigers and looks like Brooks might be on the outer. Wonder if Madden gets a run this week. Could drop any one of Nofo, Roberts, Ofa for poor defense also.

What the hell was Ofa doing on that play the ball defensively, when he looked like an Nfl player lining up for the blitz on a quarterback, facing inward solely to the play the ball...
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:40 am

Loomer wrote:

Got away with disgusting coat hanger tackle on the weekend. Would've been weeks on the sideline in NRL but not even a penalty

Nah seen the headline stuff, i mean his general play and effort.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:40 am

Think I'm leaning towards selling Niu, if he's not making team without Farnworth & Staggs, going to be tougher to make team when they return

When both return, contentious position is left wing, and Niu is CTR/FB so would need to shift Isaako/Farnworth to wing

1. Isaako
    2. Mead??
    3. Farnworth
    4. Staggs
    5. Coates
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:40 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

The McGuire pickup for the Dragons doesn’t affect Burns too much does it?

Nah different positions and they already knew McGuire was an option when they went after Burns. Ideally we will see Burns edge, McGuire lock with Kerr and Fui back on the bench in the next couple of weeks.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:45 am

Honeysett wrote:

Unrelated but the drop down boxes when I do dark mode are incredibly hard to read it's a white on white situation

Ah, i'll fix that this morning. I always forget dark mode exists.
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:46 am

Any love for Jarrod Croker around here? Probably priced at what you'll get out of him, but I think he has the best JS for a CTR under 350k.

Looking like I'll need a CTR if Niu is out, so looking to downgrade Cheese to build bank, playing Stefano, and holding Niu/Riki/Milf.

Alternatively could just do Niu to Bird.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:47 am

my tv broke wrote:

Ah, i'll fix that this morning. I always forget dark mode exists.

I only use dark mode!
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:48 am

Spoiler:

Really rounds it out, thanks mate. Awesome. I think the 70 plus a couple high 40's has had some hoping he could stay as a 50 to 55 guy for a while yet. But likely not.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:49 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Nah different positions and they already knew McGuire was an option when they went after Burns. Ideally we will see Burns edge, McGuire lock with Kerr and Fui back on the bench in the next couple of weeks.

Yeah I thought so, cheers for that.

I’m surprised they are changing things up with two new men in, I mean if it’s not broken don’t try and fix it.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:07 pm