NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute!

Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute! - Page 31 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute!

Post by Camo123 Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:50 am

FaringdonSwirl wrote:Any love for Jarrod Croker around here? Probably priced at what you'll get out of him, but I think he has the best JS for a CTR under 350k.

Looking like I'll need a CTR if Niu is out, so looking to downgrade Cheese to build bank, playing Stefano, and holding Niu/Riki/Milf.

Alternatively could just do Niu to Bird.

You'll get a lot of love from MS but literally no-one else
    Archer
    Archer

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute! - Page 31 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute!

Post by Archer Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:52 am

Camo123 wrote:

You'll get a lot of love from MS but literally no-one else

I got nothing but love for Toots. Won't make my fantasy side any longer though.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:54 am

Schuster plays on manly's left yeah? So shouldn't line up opposite Difi?
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:56 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:10k short of Munster+Welch>Haas+Tevaga

Probably bank them another week while cows do their thing and run with no MID/EDG backup again

Will likely just cop Riki this week with Schuster DPP+Burns on the radar for next week

Liddle to Fogarty looking a nice trade for next week for sub 100k

I was talked out of trading out Munster so just interested in your logic here?

Just a surplus of HLF and he’s your stepping stone to a stronger MID?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:57 am

manlybeaver wrote:

Mostly due to a low break even base seems to be around 30 is more then enough plus could get more opportunities with tolo quick play the balls

I see the appeal if he's playing, but I'm just not convinced he holds out Clifford week to week. One below average game and surely Clifford returns? I think people - me included - may be forced to do it this week if they've no centre cover, but seems like a massive risk to me if you don't need a centre. Hope I'm wrong, though.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:58 am

Archer wrote:Schuster plays on manly's left yeah? So shouldn't line up opposite Difi?

Correct

Manly would want to hope Sironen/Olakau'atu is back otherwise they'd be probably playing Aloiai/some other prop there
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:58 am

Shady2K wrote:

I'm interested in why people want to dump Munster too.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:00 am

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/04/12/mcguire-set-to-seal-dragons-deal-for-immediate-switch/
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:00 am

I see Hampton scoring really bad against the better teams if Cowboys aren't suddenly a whole lot better. If I needed a centre, plus also.had.no.backup centre, I think it is better to lock it up with a centre whose looking ok re Bird. If Hampton is replaced or role changes and u need to trade in there again, u gunna flip it !
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:00 am

Which 1 would you play and which 2 would you loop out of Riki, Alvaro and SWalker
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:03 am

Shady2K wrote:

I think MS has Cleary, Munster, Moses as well as the three cows at HLF and a weakish MID so it makes sense that he could probably cull one for Haas and Haas only.

It’s a decision I’ve been toying with aswell except I don’t have Moses to soften the blow
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:05 am

Revraiser wrote:I see Hampton scoring really bad against the better teams if Cowboys aren't suddenly a whole lot better. If I needed a centre, plus also.had.no.backup centre, I think it is better to lock it up with a centre whose looking ok re Bird. If Hampton is replaced or role changes and u need to trade in there again, u gunna flip it !

Yeah I think I'm backtracking on Hampton and looking at Niu to Bird for 1 trade

It's around that time where R13 should be priority and my tear apart team to get Fifita plan resulted in me ditching Turpin + Liddle (in addition to Fui -> SOS) last week so I'm pretty behind on R13 players compared to others

Currently have: McCullough, Watson, Riki (may not make to R13), Bird (if traded in), Laurie, Brailey, Alvaro, Utoikamanu, Roberts

Most of R13 players I'm wanting are guns which I'll have to wait for my cash cows to continue making cash
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:05 am

Camo123 wrote:

Correct

Manly would want to hope Sironen/Olakau'atu is back otherwise they'd be probably playing Aloiai/some other prop there
    Awesome thanks, safe to Captain Dave and play Schuster then.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:06 am

FaringdonSwirl wrote:Any love for Jarrod Croker around here? Probably priced at what you'll get out of him, but I think he has the best JS for a CTR under 350k.

Looking like I'll need a CTR if Niu is out, so looking to downgrade Cheese to build bank, playing Stefano, and holding Niu/Riki/Milf.

I owned him last year chasing previous fantasy glory. Won't get dropped, too softgood a bloke to get suspended, will occasionally get among the attacking stats. His days of near 40 average are probably gone but should be good for 30 odd. I'll probably consider him post round 13 if I'm making centre trades
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:08 am

Ignoring position, is Fogarty or Tevaga the better pick for points?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:11 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

I only use dark mode!

its fixed you motherfuckers!
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:12 am

Raiders are in a strange position that both their captains should (but won’t) be getting dropped. Kris and Scott both playing better than Croker. Williams kicking well enough. Hodgsons impact on the raiders attack is not a positive one. Starling looks much better fit from the short periods he played this year.
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:13 am

Jumping Marlin wrote:Thanks to Milch for the magic number info.  A few thoughts:

The MN is now roughly 10% lower than what players were priced at the start of the year.
    Players will have to score 10% more points to retain their starting price.

Tohu Harris a good example.  Week 1 he scored 61, and his price went unchanged at $807k.   Since then he has scored 63, 62, 61, 61 during which his price has slowly dropped every week and by increasing amounts.  Down $23k in total and $9k last week. Now $784k.   If he keeps getting 61 he’ll end up roughly $745k.

A rule of thumb:  a player who was priced at 30 and averages 30 will end up losing $30k on start price.  (Replace 30 with whatever number you want for rule of thumb).

This brings me to Riki.  His current average is 45 and he’s priced at $494k.  At start of year a 45 would’ve got him to almost $600k.  Now it’ll get him only to around $550 (if MN doesn’t drop anymore).
    So, he’s got maybe $55k more to make.  Unfortunately his 36 last week slows the money making.  

If he gets 45 every week from now on, he will only go up $14k this week then $5-6k per week.
    If he gets 40 every week from now on, he will go up $9k this week before losing $2-3k per week.
    If he gets 30 off the bench this week and then starts averaging 45, he’ll drop $2k for 2 weeks before starting to increase.  He’d make $14k total in 5 weeks.
    Even a 30 followed by 50 average he only makes $12k in 3 weeks and $45k in 5 weeks.

TLDR: Even in best scenario, Riki looks such a slow burn, I might be bidding him farewell.

[Calcs above use MN of 12,200, per Milch’s earlier post.  Will differ to MTB’s magnificent site due to different MN used]

Thanks for the write up, makes a lot of sense. Can I ask what the formula is for working out price changes?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:16 am

Shady2K wrote:

Couple of reasons

Not playing the role I expected
    When I took Munster I expected with Smith gone, Munster would step up and take on more of the kicking duties. So far Hughes has taken a larger share, with Papy occasionally getting a short one. Munster's scores are nice but I don't believe they are sustainable without this base

Squad rebalancing
    I started the year with Cleary, Moses and Munster as guns expecting that halves would do well. With Schuster, SOS and Walker all looking playable, as well as Turpin and Liddle in my reserves I currently have to sit 2 of these cows that should be in the 17, while playing the likes of Leniu and Riki every week. Pivoting into a MID pushes Leniu back to 18-21 so he can slow burn and fixes this squad balance

Bye preparation
    At some point before origin I'll want to get rid of Munster because he probably isn't a top tier keeper in the position (see point 1) and is as locked as you can be for origin. Trading him to a round 13 gun gives me one less thing to worry about
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:18 am

Camo123 wrote:

Yeah I think I'm backtracking on Hampton and looking at Niu to Bird for 1 trade

It's around that time where R13 should be priority and my tear apart team to get Fifita plan resulted in me ditching Turpin + Liddle (in addition to Fui -> SOS) last week so I'm pretty behind on R13 players compared to others

Currently have: McCullough, Watson, Riki (may not make to R13), Bird (if traded in), Laurie, Brailey, Alvaro, Utoikamanu, Roberts

Most of R13 players I'm wanting are guns which I'll have to wait for my cash cows to continue making cash

Alot of cows in my team chewing the grass. Angus beef. 

Maybe Bird for me to, somewhat forced, but not playing 16 already.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 12:59 am