NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute!

Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute! - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute!

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:18 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Rule 1 of fantasy: DO NOT BUY BEN HAMPTON.

In all seriousness, I would not do it unless you have to do it to have a playing centre. Forget the cash, points are king, and I think Hampton is far too risky for what you get out of him.

Yeah alright cheers mate. I've currently got Avo and Roberts at centre so TLT pending (assuming roberts doesn't get dropped this week) I should be sweet for 2 playing centres. Still got riki though who I am going to need to upgrade soon enough, can buy anyone right now under 608k for him. Preferably need forward coverage. Who do you like in that price range lad?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute! - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute!

Post by Bethany_B Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:21 am

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

Yeah alright cheers mate. I've currently got Avo and Roberts at centre so TLT pending (assuming roberts doesn't get dropped this week) I should be sweet for 2 playing centres. Still got riki though who I am going to need to upgrade soon enough, can buy anyone right now under 608k for him. Preferably need forward coverage. Who do you like in that price range lad?

if you can go a middle instead of an edge, Peachey is your best bet as he covers both centre and mid. The main other option I can think of in the price range is Jazz Tevaga, but he is quite risky since he loves a demerit and loves an injury.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:34 am

Hmm, would like to see what happens with Riki, but he’s my 2nd EDG and Fui is my only EDG back-up, so I’ll have to do something, early thought is Riki to Harris, but that’s dependant on whether the right bottom dollar EDG for Fui/WFB for Moylan presents themselves to fund it.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:42 am

I could do Niu to Bird but it’d mean I have to play 3 of Alvaro, Uto and Leniu or S. Walker isn’t that too weak? I’d look like this:

Macca
    Watson Alvaro Uto
    Angus Fifita
    Cleary Schuster
    Momo Bird 
    Teddy Pap Laurie

Brailey Turpin Liddle S. Walker
    Leniu Roberts Riki Simonsson

Edit: I’m not trading a centre unless I have too!

Still my concern is that playing all 3 of Alvaro, Uto and S. Walker in my 17, isn’t that too light on?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:04 am

Back to staring trying to figure something out I go!
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:10 am

manlybeaver wrote:This leaves me with 335k itb for updages next week.

Munster -ipapali
    Riki - hampton

Brailey
    Ipap tino watson
    Crichton fifita
    Cleary townsend
    Averillo hampton
    Pappy rts laurie

Sos schuster turpin liddle

Walker stefan reimis nui

You're doing a lot better than I, so take with a grain of salt, but I'm not overly fond of Munster to Papali'i - seems very potentially sideways, especially with Townsend there. I know Townsend is scoring well and has a low BE, but with SJ due back any week now you could find yourself kicking yourself in a couple of weeks if you dump Munster before Townsend.

If it was me I'd just play Reimis in your CTR and play either Stefano or Riki. Or you could use a single trade to just upgrade Riki to a Tevaga, JFH or something like that?

Out of curiosity, why do you want Hampton if you have CTR cover in Reimis? I am looking at bringing Hampton in this week, with gigantic hesitation and unwillingness due to terrible JS, but I only have Niu and Bird as CTR options. I wouldn't dream of bringing him in in your situation, personally.
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:41 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

You're doing a lot better than I, so take with a grain of salt, but I'm not overly fond of Munster to Papali'i - seems very potentially sideways, especially with Townsend there. I know Townsend is scoring well and has a low BE, but with SJ due back any week now you could find yourself kicking yourself in a couple of weeks if you dump Munster before Townsend.

If it was me I'd just play Reimis in your CTR and play either Stefano or Riki. Or you could use a single trade to just upgrade Riki to a Tevaga, JFH or something like that?

Out of curiosity, why do you want Hampton if you have CTR cover in Reimis? I am looking at bringing Hampton in this week, with gigantic hesitation and unwillingness due to terrible JS, but I only have Niu and Bird as CTR options. I wouldn't dream of bringing him in in your situation, personally.

Mostly due to a low break even base seems to be around 30 is more then enough plus could get more opportunities with tolo quick play the balls
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:48 am

If I go nui to blore/ verillis I can go rikki to ipapali instead
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:19 am

Rabbits21 wrote:Back to staring trying to figure something out I go!
    Don't stress until TLT Rabbits. No point creating the perfect plan when TLT will bend it over and say "bite the pillow" anyway.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:13 am

Bethany_B wrote:

In all seriousness, I would not do it unless you have to do it to have a playing centre. Forget the cash, points are king, and I think Hampton is far too risky for what you get out of him.
    Low BE and averages 30-35 at 5/8 and HB. Not the worst shout, but after looking I've lost interest
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:05 am

If you were to get Moses and Haas in the next 2-3 weeks, which one would you get first.

If Dylan Brown is out I'm inclined to get Moses this week for Brandon Smith and play one of Leniu/Uto.

TU: Moses
    TD: Haas
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:26 am

Iron Mike wrote:If you were to get Moses and Haas in the next 2-3 weeks, which one would you get first.

If Dylan Brown is out I'm inclined to get Moses this week for Brandon Smith and play one of Leniu/Uto.

TU: Moses
    TD: Haas

Where’s Brown gone?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:37 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Where’s Brown gone?

Suspension for crusher. Two games if he fights it and loses, one if he doesn't.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:41 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Suspension for crusher. Two games if he fights it and loses, one if he doesn't.

Oh righteo, cheers for that
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:45 am

Have chucked my team in the tracker if anyone wants to make a suggestion. Happy TLT
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:54 am

Pretty scathing article on Tigers and looks like Brooks might be on the outer. Wonder if Madden gets a run this week. Could drop any one of Nofo, Roberts, Ofa for poor defense also.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:59 am

Revraiser wrote:

Wonder how he is playing for Newtown, javent seen any of it.

This type of scenario results in the guy not getting a suitable send-off, fair dinkum only got the 2016 trophy because of his individual herculean try !

Got away with disgusting coat hanger tackle on the weekend. Would've been weeks on the sideline in NRL but not even a penalty
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:00 am

Loomer wrote:

Got away with disgusting coat hanger tackle on the weekend. Would've been weeks on the sideline in NRL but not even a penalty

Yeah I saw that one, was a shocker on first look. Didn’t look any better the next couple of times I watched it
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:02 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Got 2 weeks ago for CTR cover. Very nice 51 in my CTR last week and 44k profit with -4 BE
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:05 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Have chucked my team in the tracker if anyone wants to make a suggestion. Happy TLT

Just commented - Niu to Peachey
    Riki to Tevaga (use Tevaga to bridge to Haas)

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 pm