NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute!

Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute! - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute!

Post by Iron Mike Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:27 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Why did he only get 66 minutes on the weekend?? Kevvy has no idea about his rotations!!

The bloke has just re-signed with the club for four more years, came out and pledged his dedication to the Broncos and is probably one of only 2-3 players on their team who can break 3-4 tackles and score a 50 metre try... You would think he needs to be on for 80 minutes a game.

He would have only got around 50-55 minutes had Te'o not been injured. Piss poor defense was a big factor in him being bench I would think. Doesn't always show through the stats but he is definitely a player for the future but still very raw on defense.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute! - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute!

Post by my tv broke Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:31 am

Ben Dobbin
    @MyMateDobbo
    Anthony Milford appears to be dropped from Broncos with Brodie Croft training at five-eighth today.
    @TripleM_NRL @9NewsQueensland @RushHourBris

hahaha. surely not. but also he'd be straight back in next week after we lose 60 nil
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:32 am

my tv broke wrote:Ben Dobbin
    @MyMateDobbo
    Anthony Milford appears to be dropped from Broncos with Brodie Croft training at five-eighth today.

hahaha. surely not

Can't be serious

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:32 am

@MyMateDobbo

hahaha. surely not

How dare you drop the milf kev. I'm not ready to say goodbye.
    rectangle
    rectangle

Post by rectangle Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:34 am

@MyMateDobbo

hahaha. surely not. but also he'd be straight back in next week after we lose 60 nil

Dobbo in 2hrs. "Croft now playing with the reserve squad"
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:34 am

@MyMateDobbo

Someone once pointed something out to me which I think was very peculiar! You watch any game of football and you watch when the 6 or 7 puts a long kick in, 9/10 they are normally the first or second defender chasing their kick... You watch Milford, every time he puts in a kick, just stand there and watches everyone else do the hard work... Not sure how big this really is but it just shows he is not in it.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:36 am

Apparently Tesi Niu has also been dumped with Arthars training at centre
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:38 am

Just noticed a few of the guys talking about luck getting them into great positions early doors. I’ve had the best start to a season injury wise and started with Cleary yet still well behind.

So being good at fantasy and lucky is what gets you up there
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:39 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:Apparently Tesi Niu has also been dumped with Arthars training at centre

TREASON!! String him up!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:40 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Just noticed a few of the guys talking about luck getting them into great positions early doors. I’ve had the best start to a season injury wise and started with Cleary yet still well behind.

So being good at fantasy and lucky is what gets you up there

There are plenty of sliding doors moments that can make a big difference.

I originally had Momo and Bird all pre season and slotted Sitili into that 17th spot. Got excited about forcing BS9 into the side and downgraded those centres to Roberts + Averillo. Probably 200 pts difference there over the start of the season. Easy to say in hindsight which was the right call though.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:40 am

Snatchpato wrote:Getting on Chad and his Cleary level km was such an obvious choice in hindsight. Not sure how I didn't consider that no-brainer.

I was close to picking him, but went Lam. Which turned out poorly on 2 counts (missed Chad, and had Lam give less than hoped for for a few weeks before injury)

In the past Townsend did have a bunch of sub 40 scores to go with the monsters (even just looking at no SJ games) I had him pegged as mid 40s scorer, and Lam looked a chance at being able to beat that.

With hindsight maybe the positional switch of Keary to 7 and Lam to 6 should have been an indicator that Lam may not have been a goer, butits harder to make these decisions before a ball has been kicked in anger.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:42 am

#salty but quite a few of the high-performing mid-range halves are in danger of being dropped...

Milford - Kev has no idea what he's doing with halves and they're all terrible

Townsend - who gives when SJ back? Kennedy been playing well, Chad hasn't really and cost them vs Roosters, Moylan?

SOS - Scoring great in fantasy but ordinary player. Brown roasted his "key decision makers" after SOS took tap not penalty a minute before half-time in a one point loss. Turner in 17, Walsh sale fast-tracked.

Brooks - He's Luke Brooks
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:42 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:Apparently Tesi Niu has also been dumped with Arthars training at centre

With only Roberts and Niu as centres, this news saddens me. Forget Haas, double centre trade in week?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:43 am

Yes, Tesi Niu is the Broncos' chief problem
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:43 am

I thought Milf had improved after his shocker against the Titans (which he probably should have been dropped for)

Strange to drop him now (and for Croft too) but at some point you have to try something new.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:44 am

Milchcow wrote:
    I thought Milf had improved after his shocker against the Titans (which he probably should have been dropped for)

Strange to drop him now (and for Croft too) but at some point you have to try something new.

Kevy, though probably just defending his players, even said Milf 'had one of his better games' in the post game presser. He's definitely out of form but there have been signs of life there, defense he has made more of an effort.

There's no clear answer at the moment. Croft and Dearden together? Yikes.

Maybe Milford getting dropped is the last ditch effort from Walters to send a message to the playing group. Not sure what else they have left in the tank really.

I'd try hold him with the thought he'd be back a week later.

Last edited by my tv broke on Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:46 am; edited 2 times in total
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:45 am

Milchcow wrote:

I was close to picking him, but went Lam. Which turned out poorly on 2 counts (missed Chad, and had Lam give less than hoped for for a few weeks before injury)

In the past Townsend did have a bunch of sub 40 scores to go with the monsters (even just looking at no SJ games) I had him pegged as mid 40s scorer, and Lam looked a chance at being able to beat that.

With hindsight maybe the positional switch of Keary to 7 and Lam to 6 should have been an indicator that Lam may not have been a goer, butits harder to make these decisions before a ball has been kicked in anger.

Same decision, same rationale.

Townsend hadn't really shown that he could score well consistently in the past and there was the looming threat of SJ coming back....but I do think the fact that Lam was an unknown quantity (thus a more exciting pick) over a relatively boring know quantity may have swayed me a bit
    NoSpeakaAnyInglis
    NoSpeakaAnyInglis

Post by NoSpeakaAnyInglis Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:51 am

rhinoceroo wrote:#salty but quite a few of the high-performing mid-range halves are in danger of being dropped...

Milford - Kev has no idea what he's doing with halves and they're all terrible

Townsend - who gives when SJ back? Kennedy been playing well, Chad hasn't really and cost them vs Roosters, Moylan?

SOS - Scoring great in fantasy but ordinary player. Brown roasted his "key decision makers" after SOS took tap not penalty a minute before half-time in a one point loss. Turner in 17, Walsh sale fast-tracked.

Brooks - He's Luke Brooks

Ditching Townsend when SJ gets back should always have been the plan. Even if he stays in the team, SJ takes away his KM and his value. Townsend has been the perfect mid cow, already having bridged the gap to a gun by 200k. I like it.

ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:51 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Someone once pointed something out to me which I think was very peculiar! You watch any game of football and you watch when the 6 or 7 puts a long kick in, 9/10 they are normally the first or second defender chasing their kick... You watch Milford, every time he puts in a kick, just stand there and watches everyone else do the hard work... Not sure how big this really is but it just shows he is not in it.

Or he’ll get the ball with space to run and just literally hand it to the teammate next to him.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:51 am

my tv broke wrote:

Kevy, though probably just defending his players, even said Milf 'had one of his better games' in the post game presser. He's definitely out of form but there have been signs of life there, defense he has made more of an effort.

There's no clear answer at the moment. Croft and Dearden together? Yikes.

Maybe Milford getting dropped is the last ditch effort from Walters to send a message to the playing group. Not sure what else they have left in the tank really.

I'd try hold him with the thought he'd be back a week later.

Think i'm going to wait for team lists.....this seems to be a recurring theme with the Broncos this year (someone training in someone else's position).

It always puzzles me when coaches bang on about changes, attitude yada, yada and then drop an outside back. It always reeks of what is supposed to be a 'statement' decision but is actually a cop out decision. Dropping Milf on the other hand affraid

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:53 am