NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

    Posts : 571
    Reputation : 244
    Join date : 2020-02-24
    Location : Laniakea

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

    Post by Holy Moly Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:22 am

    I'm wondering if Haas is gonna drop much in price to get a bargain. I'll only be able to get him if a few of these new cows are firing.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

    Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:30 am

    @Holy Moly wrote:

    I thought he was going to have them against the bronx and then the cows. He'll probably do it against a top club and surprise us all
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

    Posts : 1870
    Reputation : 990
    Join date : 2021-01-21

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

    Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:52 am

    @manlybeaver wrote:

    I did similar to you but went

    Davey - walker
    Welch - cleary

    I personally would ditch welch before munster

    Yeah I do like that a lot however do you think my lack of Middles will hurt me? I might flick welch then aye
    standard-issue
    standard-issue
    Moderator

    Posts : 17666
    Reputation : 6903
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

    Post by standard-issue Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:56 am

    @Holy Moly wrote:I'm wondering if Haas is gonna drop much in price to get a bargain. I'll only be able to get him if a few of these new cows are firing.

    Drops around 50/60k on MTB's calculator with a 3 Round average of 60. And that 60 would be his second worst 3 Round average ever as a starting Prop. I have the cash but happy to wait a game or two to see what Kevvie does with him.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21

    Posts : 8001
    Reputation : 2635
    Join date : 2019-07-24

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

    Post by Rabbits21 Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:36 am

    @Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

    Yeah well my other option was to flick welch for cleary which I would have enough to do and be able to keep munster. However that would leave me kinda short on middles... do you reckon thats a better option though and run with 3 gun halves?

    I'll get to your team tracker in a bit aswell bro
    I would not trade out Munster mate. Defs punt Welch first, you should still be ok with your middles you have and Uto as 18th man.

    Your mids would be Angus, Watson, Alvaro.
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

    Posts : 571
    Reputation : 244
    Join date : 2020-02-24
    Location : Laniakea

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

    Post by Holy Moly Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:39 am

    @standard-issue wrote:

    Drops around 50/60k on MTB's calculator with a 3 Round average of 60.  And that 60 would be his second worst 3 Round average ever as a starting Prop.  I have the cash but happy to wait a game or two to see what Kevvie does with him.

    Makes him quite expensive still, but his fantasy pedigree speaks for itself.
    precursor
    precursor

    Posts : 153
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2020-08-09

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

    Post by precursor Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:53 am

    Will most likely be doing a trade that only I've thought of. Lam > Walker. Laughing

    Tossing up going Averillo > Egan as he looks like a genuine 50 point player in 80 mins (I already have Bird, Roberts and Niu). Other option is to bank the cash and pick up a Moses or Matterson type in a couple rounds once their price bottoms out.

    This is where my inexperience is starting to show in that I'm unsure whether to go for cheap potential keepers or wait and fork up money for cut price genuine guns. This is my first year of fantasy since 2010.

    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

    Posts : 1152
    Reputation : 237
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

    Post by manlybeaver Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:34 am

    @Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

    Yeah I do like that a lot however do you think my lack of Middles will hurt me? I might flick welch then aye

    I Also have lack of middles with only stefan as back up for mid. Hoping to avoid injuries for two weeks and will have hass to bolster my mids.

    mattnz
    mattnz

    Posts : 9981
    Reputation : 2880
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

    Post by mattnz Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:59 am

    Mighty Fishes wrote:


    If Brimson goes under 500k hes going to be hard to ignore

    I am surprised we don't see Brimson floating just behind Fifita looking for an offload
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

    Posts : 1336
    Reputation : 1039
    Join date : 2020-01-27
    Location : Shaky Town

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

    Post by Moanaman Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:43 am

    @standard-issue wrote:Dad jokes  Very Happy

    My uncle bought a piano from Nigeria.

    So he brings it home and hires a guy to come tune it. The piano tuner struggles with it and after five minutes says, “Lemme guess... This is a West African piano?”

    “Yeah, how did you know?” my uncle responds.

    “Well, West African pianos are notoriously hard to tune,” he says, “not like North African pianos, they Tunisia “
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

    Posts : 3211
    Reputation : 1145
    Join date : 2017-02-28
    Location : Earth

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

    Post by Rapture_NRL Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:02 am

    Hey what's everyone's team value looking like atm? I feel like if I bring in Cleary and Walker, I'm wrecking my cash generation long term

    Team value with Cleary $10.8m ($69k cash)

    Cows & Expected cash gen:
    Leniu $100k
    Stefano $140k
    Laurie $260k
    Brailey?
    Watson?
    Riki $170k
    Egan $230k
    Liddle $110k
    Walker $230k
    easytiger
    easytiger

    Posts : 1882
    Reputation : 1761
    Join date : 2020-01-27
    Location : Relocating from League 51...

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

    Post by easytiger Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:24 am

    @Pookus McFly wrote:
    I’m thinking of ditching a centre- I have too many

    Either Bird or The Jet has to go.

    Anyone have an opinion on which

    Heard that they were both flying in the preseason Wink
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 3857
    Reputation : 3032
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

    Post by Pookus McFly Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:27 am

    @Moanaman wrote:

    My uncle bought a piano from Nigeria.

    So he brings it home and hires a guy to come tune it. The piano tuner struggles with it and after five minutes says, “Lemme guess... This is a West African piano?”

    “Yeah, how did you know?” my uncle responds.

    “Well, West African pianos are notoriously hard to tune,” he says, “not like North African pianos, they Tunisia “

    You can tune a piano, but you can’t tuna fish
    (Unless of course you play bass)
    Loomer
    Loomer

    Posts : 4965
    Reputation : 1367
    Join date : 2016-01-29

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

    Post by Loomer Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:42 am

    @Moanaman wrote:

    My uncle bought a piano from Nigeria.

    So he brings it home and hires a guy to come tune it. The piano tuner struggles with it and after five minutes says, “Lemme guess... This is a West African piano?”

    “Yeah, how did you know?” my uncle responds.

    “Well, West African pianos are notoriously hard to tune,” he says, “not like North African pianos, they Tunisia “
    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 3 Giphy
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11689
    Reputation : 3436
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

    Post by White Lightning Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:52 am

    I think my trades will be:
    Lam out - Sam Walker in
    Averillo out - Momirovski in

    J. Brailey
    Crichton, Watson, Tino
    D. Fifita, Tupouniua
    Cleary (c), Schuster
    Momirovski, Roberts
    Tedesco, Pappy, Laurie

    Turpin, Liddle, Riki, Sam Walker
    Alvaro, Utoi, Niu, Simonsson
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11689
    Reputation : 3436
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

    Post by White Lightning Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:04 am

    @precursor wrote:Will most likely be doing a trade that only I've thought of. Lam > Walker. Laughing

    Tossing up going Averillo > Egan as he looks like a genuine 50 point player in 80 mins (I already have Bird, Roberts and Niu). Other option is to bank the cash and pick up a Moses or Matterson type in a couple rounds once their price bottoms out.  

    This is where my inexperience is starting to show in that I'm unsure whether to go for cheap potential keepers or wait and fork up money for cut price genuine guns. This is my first year of fantasy since 2010.


    imo Lam & Averillo to Sam Walker & Egan are great trades. Go for it bro.
    Although banking the cash is great points are still important & Egan will provide that so I would do the 2nd trade.

    Also Welcome bro.
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

    Posts : 445
    Reputation : 198
    Join date : 2020-01-31

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

    Post by Lemmy KGB Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:29 am

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 3 Giphy
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

    Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:31 am

    @mattnz wrote:

    I am surprised we don't see Brimson floating just behind Fifita looking for an offload

    Who knows but maybe the coach doesn’t want him doing that? Madness to think about I know but something odd is going on with him
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

    Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:33 am

    @Pookus McFly wrote:

    You can tune a piano, but you can’t tuna fish
    (Unless of course you play bass)

    Please leave my family out of these forums....




    jocolor
    Camo123
    Camo123

    Posts : 7689
    Reputation : 4314
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

    Post by Camo123 Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:35 am

    Mighty Fishes wrote:

    Who knows but maybe the coach doesn’t want him doing that? Madness to think about I know but something odd is going on with him

    He is coming off the Lisfranc injury in Origin which means he’s probably not at peak performance

      Current date/time is Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:24 am