NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:01 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:

How long is Edwards out for?

4 weeks according to NRL.com casualty ward
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 25 - Sending out an SOS

Post by ShadowSabre Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:02 pm

Papadontbleach wrote:

I’ve been eyeing him off because I need a centre. Happy with this news.

Yea I am definitely keen to give him a week and see what FB does for his scoring, think his BE of 46 allows a week's watch and see before going for him. Also weary of Panthers physio track record as always haha
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:03 pm

Just referring to the previous thread,sorry I don’t get a chance to post as much as I used to guys. Been super busy lately so I’ll try to contribute more shortly. And yeah running with cover in2 positions probably is madness but I might still run with it as Averillo to Egan looks like such a good trade
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:04 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:How much would Walker need to score to increase more than say 40k?

Mid 50s
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:06 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Mid 50s

Think I'll go Lam > SOS this week, and should have enough to do Simonsson > Walker next week as long as Bailey makes his break even and Walker doesn't go absolutely nuts.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:07 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:

nrl physio said at least a month
    Blinky
    Blinky

Post by Blinky Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:08 pm

Papadontbleach wrote:

Welch 42, Walker 17.

Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like I'm pulling the trigger this week then.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:11 pm

My team value is only 10.88mil, I have 161k spare.

I had Lam who I sold last week and I have Avo and Simo not doing anything.

I don’t really have anyone yet to trade out for a guy like Moses my guys haven’t  made enough yet in Alvaro or Leniu. Maybe Turpin or Liddle will be a trade out in the next month.....

I have Cleary, Teddy, Angus and D. Fifita who play origin as well. Out of those over the origin period I’d say the most likely guy I trade out is Angus, may go him to Tohu down the line.

I’m happy I started with Macca though, I hope he keeps it up.

I know a few said in my team tracker thread don’t trade Avo but looking at Opacic or Momo they both play round 13 and soon will be too expensive so I’d have to pull the trigger now. Avo is gonna keeps scoring 25-28 most likely whilst I see Momo avg around 40 and Opacic high 30’s. I don’t think I can afford both Avo and Simo sitting there both not making money will fuck me over.

Last edited by Rabbits21 on Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:12 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:

Knowing the Panthers, probably back next week.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:15 pm

Team news via Michael Chammas.

Manly: Saab to be dropped

Dragons: Clune in for hunt

Sharks: McDonald in for katoa. Graham & Kennedy to see neurologist In hope of getting exemption.

Raiders: Kris and James expected to be cleared. Tapine undergoing testing to see if can play. Scott likely out.

Dogs: seeking exemption to pick Deitz.

Eels: Matterson will be back

Cowboys: Holmes to stay at fullback

Roosters: Walker will debut. Suaalii will be in 21 but unlikely to play
    Blinky
    Blinky

Post by Blinky Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:23 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:My team value is only 10.88mil, I have 161k spare.

I had Lam who I sold last week and I have Avo and Simo not doing anything.

I don’t really have anyone yet to trade out for a guy like Moses my guys haven’t  made enough yet in Alvaro or Leniu. Maybe Turpin or Liddle will be a trade out in the next month.....

I have Cleary, Teddy, Angus and D. Fifita who play origin as well. Out of those over the origin period I’d say the most likely guy I trade out is Angus, may go him to Tohu down the line.

I’m happy I started with Macca though, I hope he keeps it up.

I know a few said in my team tracker thread don’t trade Avo but looking at Opacic or Momo they both play round 13 and soon will be too expensive so I’d have to pull the trigger now. Avo is gonna keeps scoring 25-28 most likely whilst I see Momo avg around 40 and Opacic high 30’s. I don’t think I can afford both Avo and Simo sitting there both not making money will fuck me over.

In a similiar situation to you. Not sure if I should upgrade Avo to Momo or keep the cash to upgrade my cows to players like Moses/Matterson/Macca in a few weeks time.

Currently, I'm playing Niu and Roberts as my CTRs with Avo as backup. I'm thinking Niu is gonna have a rough patch with the teams Broncos are facing so playing Momo over him might improve my scores by about 20 points every week. Niu as WFB/CTR cover also lets me look at getting rid of Simo down the line.

Last edited by Blinky on Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Grouse
    Grouse

Post by Grouse Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:25 pm

WT2K wrote:Team news via Michael Chammas.

Manly: Saab to be dropped

Dragons: Clune in for hunt

Sharks: McDonald in for katoa. Graham & Kennedy to see neurologist In hope of getting exemption.

Raiders: Kris and James expected to be cleared. Tapine undergoing testing to see if can play. Scott likely out.

Dogs: seeking exemption to pick Deitz.

Eels: Matterson will be back

Cowboys: Holmes to stay at fullback

Roosters: Walker will debut. Suaalii will be in 21 but unlikely to play

Would love to see Manu at 6. His such a naturally gifted footballer and he can unlock a neat set of abilities to further his career at FB in the future too!
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:35 pm

Blinky wrote:

In a similiar situation to you. Not sure if I should upgrade Avo to Momo or keep the cash to upgrade my cows to players like Moses/Matterson/Macca in a few weeks time.

Currently, I'm playing Niu and Roberts as my CTRs with Avo as backup. I'm thinking Niu is gonna have a rough patch with the teams Broncos are facing so playing Momo over him might improve my scores by about 20 points every week. Niu as WFB/CTR cover also lets me look at getting rid of Simo down the line.
    I don't know your team lineup, but Momo and Roberts is solid with Niu covering CTR/WFB. Niu has been gold for me so far, covering all my injuries and suspensions. Really don't want to waste trades in my starting backs. But for you, Avo is terrible. You only have 21 players to either hold as keepers, or generate cash. If they're not keeper, and they're not generating money, they're wasting time
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:39 pm

Deitz in for JMK would be interesting, likely to be on the bench?
    Blinky
    Blinky

Post by Blinky Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:43 pm

Rapture_NRL wrote:
    I don't know your team lineup, but Momo and Roberts is solid with Niu covering CTR/WFB. Niu has been gold for me so far, covering all my injuries and suspensions. Really don't want to waste trades in my starting backs. But for you, Avo is terrible. You only have 21 players to either hold as keepers, or generate cash. If they're not keeper, and they're not generating money, they're wasting time

The only other players I would have to fix up in my team are Simo and Tino. Atm, there's no urgency for me to get rid of Simo because I already brought in Walker through another trade. With Tino, I feel like I've already held him this long I should just keep him for now. His price isn't really gonna move from here if he keeps getting 40s and I'm just hoping he has a week here or there where he goes big so he can make some money back before I offload him when he leaves for origin.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:45 pm

Chewie wrote:Deitz in for JMK would be interesting, likely to be on the bench?

Played 27 mins round 1 and scored 19. Price moved from 228k to 230k.

If they have an exemption for the 8 weeks JMK is out, I guess the role and points could expand, but I think he’s a pass.

A non-fantasy question: if you’re asking for squad exemptions at R4 due to one injury, isn’t it your fault for having terrible roster management? Just play Lewis or Wakeham or one of your dozen mediocre edge players there
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:46 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Played 27 mins round 1 and scored 19. Price moved from 228k to 230k.

If they have an exemption for the 8 weeks JMK is out, I guess the role and points could expand, but I think he’s a pass.

A non-fantasy question: if you’re asking for squad exemptions at R4 due to one injury, isn’t it your fault for having terrible roster management? Just play Lewis or Wakeham or one of your dozen mediocre edge players there

yeah its a strange one. They just upgraded Ava S to their top 30...

not sure why they should continue to get exemption to play Deitz...
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:49 pm

my tv broke wrote:

yeah its a strange one. They just upgraded Ava S to their top 30...

not sure why they should continue to get exemption to play Deitz...

Yeah cut a winger (Tyrone Harding) and got Ava S (prop). After needing an exemption for a 3rd hooker already in R1. So know the risks of only having 2 hookers, chose not to mitigate the risk, I think they should have to make do with their current squad.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:49 pm

In the top 20 points scorers there is just 1 middle forward being TPJ but there are 6 edge forwards (D. Fifita, Frizell, Elliott, T. Harris, Barnett & Tupouniua)
    This is probably why people are struggling picking viable middle points scorers & with the game changing & becoming faster the ball is being spread more resulting in the edge forwards scoring tries & other attacking stats & being involved more.

#yearoftheedgeforward
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:51 pm

White Lightning wrote:In the top 20 points scorers there is just 1 middle forward being TPJ #yearoftheedgeforward

HYBRID ROLE

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:43 pm