NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 19 - I told you so

Fortitude
    Fortitude

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 19 - I told you so  - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 19 - I told you so

Post by Fortitude Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:36 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Seems that there are 3 potential options, Schuster, Parker or Burbo. Unless Young is seriously injured (havent heard either way), I wouldn't expect CHN to be starting.

CHN at best takes Suttons or Solis spot on the bench.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 19 - I told you so  - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 19 - I told you so

Post by Mulvy Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:38 pm

wolfking wrote:

I guess it's between him and Lam I trade.  Not that confident either at all.

I guess at least Milford was dominating the kicking KMs, even though there were a low number of KMs overall last week. Keary, as well as dominating the attacking is also dominating the long kicks which doesn't leave much for Lam to score with. Ideally I'd punt both their asses. Just feels a bit reactionary, but I honestly think they are both duds. Then again unless a must have cow pops up, might as well hold them. Not confident in Turpin either.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:41 pm

wolfking wrote:

He got 80 due to the 2 HIA's I believe, bit I'm happy enough with the trade in.

Ahh righteo. A little bit to ponder
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:44 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I guess at least Milford was dominating the kicking KMs, even though there were a low number of KMs overall last week. Keary, as well as dominating the attacking is also dominating the long kicks which doesn't leave much for Lam to score with. Ideally I'd punt both their asses. Just feels a bit reactionary, but I honestly think they are both duds. Then again unless a must have cow pops up, might as well hold them. Not confident in Turpin either.

Yeah, add Turpin in, I believe all 3 are duds lol.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:45 pm

wolfking wrote:

Yeah, add Turpin in, I believe all 3 are duds lol.
    That was Turpin's only 80 minute game scoring less than 49.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:47 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I think Turpin will be ok, but understand the low confidence. I agree with the other two. I'm tempted to punt lam for Egan.
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:52 pm

Can't cop Milford either, don't care if he scores vs dogs, looking for a half to partner cleary
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:52 pm

This round looks like most games are going to be quite evenly matched:
    Panthers Storm
    Roosters Souths
    Dragons Manly
    Raiders Warriors
    Broncos Bulldogs
    Eels Sharks (may be the most one sided game)
    Knights Tigers
    Cowboys Titans

If there are any total points for the weekend betting options, could be a good week to opt for lower scoring.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:55 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Seems that there are 3 potential options, Schuster, Parker or Burbo. Unless Young is seriously injured (havent heard either way), I wouldnt expect CHN to be starting.

Hasler basically said his initial thinking was Parker to 2RF. I think this is most likely

Schuster was playing HB R1 in the NSW Cup. So if there's an co-ordinated mentality through the grades (and I assume there is at all clubs) I'm thinking they'd rather not have him playing as an 80 minute forward, unless its completely unavoidable

Burbo was not named either week in NSW Cup, I doubt he gets called up from U20s

Sea Eagles are pretty stuffed right now. Not necessarily the weakest 1-17, but definitely the weakest 1-30 in the comp. Injuries already showing it.
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:57 pm

mattnz wrote:This round looks like most games are going to be quite evenly matched:
    Panthers Storm
    Roosters Souths
    Dragons Manly
    Raiders Warriors
    Broncos Bulldogs
    Eels Sharks (may be the most one sided game)
    Knights Tigers
    Cowboys Titans

If there are any total points for the weekend betting options, could be a good week to opt for lower scoring.

Nah, other than game one and game 5 it's easy:

Panth v Storm = Flip a coin, but probs Panthers coz at home
    Roosters
    Dragons
    Raiders
    Broncs v Doggies = Both terrible so flip a coin as to who will be less terrible
    Eels
    Knights
    Titans
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:59 pm

Can probably get away with another week of no trades, which seems bonkers.

Brailey
    Welch, NAS, Tino
    Tupouniua, Riki
    Cleary, Munster
    Momo, Niu
    Pappy, Brimson, Dailey

Turpin, Watson, Lam, Lodge
    Liddle, Roberts, Utoikamanu, Reimis

Any thoughts on what to do. Kind of keen on an upgrade/downgrade to get Fifita in if possible
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:59 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I think most likely scenario is schuster stays on bench and parker (des suggested this) or maybe aloiaia start on edge

Whoever it is will be opposing Kerr this week so maybe we can just have a prop v prop battle on that edge haha

Des said in the press conference last week that he would not yet be making changes to his starting line-up (come Tuesday he had dropped Gosie for Davey).
    I think Des just chucks an idea out there at press conferences without any major thought or real intention behind it.

Putting on my Des cap, any one on Manly's roster who is fit may end up playing at 2RF, because what even are roles anyway?, they're either good footballers or not (and even if they're not, they can still start on an edge or at Hooker!)

Maybe winger Christian Tuipulotu starts on the edge? Very Happy
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:02 pm

easytiger wrote:

Des said in the press conference last week that he would not yet be making changes to his starting line-up (come Tuesday he had dropped Gosie for Davey).
    I think Des just chucks an idea out there at press conferences without any major thought or real intention behind it.

most likely correct there.

it'll probably be aloiai, he has played plenty of 2nd row in the past.

that would allow them to just bring in sipley or another prop onto bench.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:03 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Can probably get away with another week of no trades, which seems bonkers.

Brailey
    Welch, NAS, Tino
    Tupouniua, Riki
    Cleary, Munster
    Momo, Niu
    Pappy, Brimson, Dailey

Turpin, Watson, Lam, Lodge
    Liddle, Roberts, Utoikamanu, Reimis

Any thoughts on what to do. Kind of keen on an upgrade/downgrade to get Fifita in if possible
    Dailey = Laurie?
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:03 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Yeah, I have all three and am not overly convinced about their long term prospects. My view on them at the moment is

Milf...sort of went with him for shits and giggles (shits and giggles tied at 1 a piece to date) so i'm willing to sit it out a week or two longer.

Turpin, went with him against my better judgement but all the reasons are still valid (starting hooker yada yada) as we saw with Croker he could jag a 50 next week

Lam, tbh I backed him and it looks like he is going to sit around that 35 points mark on evidence to date. Nearly pulled the trigger on him to Townsend on Sunday arvo but got distracted and wasn't overly convinced about having another 'not quite there' half in my team

Will wait for TLT but i want to trade them to someone with promise rather than just trade to get them out of my team
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:05 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Dailey = Laurie?

Not even sure how that autocorrected lol. Bang on
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:06 pm

easytiger wrote:

Putting on my Des cap, any one on Manly's roster who is fit may end up playing at 2RF, because what even are roles anyway?, they're either good footballers or not (and even if they're not, they can still start on an edge or at Hooker!)

If he is going for a NSW style, put the best players in the starting team approach, would have to be Schuster. Need to find a spot for him to spark them.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:06 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Not even sure how that autocorrected lol. Bang on

i assumed it was intentional.

was wondering how long til the surmo rant re nicknames h aha
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:12 pm

my tv broke wrote:

i assumed it was intentional.

was wondering how long til the surmo rant re nicknames h aha

Haha I think i may have just had a brain fade Razz
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:17 pm

mattnz wrote:

If he is going for a NSW style, put the best players in the starting team approach, would have to be Schuster. Need to find a spot for him to spark them.

If Croker and Gosiewski are in their best 17 available footballers, then Manly are in more trouble then I realised

(The Irony of saying this while backing a team that routinely plays Joey Leilua, Moses Mbye, Russell Packer, Asu Kepaoa and sees Zane Musgrove as a future leader...)

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 7:27 am