NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 19 - I told you so

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 19 - I told you so  - Page 23 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 19 - I told you so

Post by Milchcow Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:37 pm

I got Taukeiaho, not expecting extra minutes, but just after him maintaining last year's scores with the addition of kicking.

He's got the 8 points a week in kicking I was after, but slightly reduced workload/minutes so that he is just holding water.

Its killing me because getting him meant no Fifita for me, but I think I'll hold for a bit. Roosters have tougher games coming up so can see if he can get back to 2020 scoring and not cop longer rests.
    ytsb
    ytsb

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 19 - I told you so  - Page 23 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 19 - I told you so

Post by ytsb Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:48 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    I got Taukeiaho, not expecting extra minutes, but just after him maintaining last year's scores with the addition of kicking.

He's got the 8 points a week in kicking I was after, but slightly reduced workload/minutes so that he is just holding water.

Its killing me because getting him meant no Fifita for me, but I think I'll hold for a bit. Roosters have tougher games coming up so can see if he can get back to 2020 scoring and not cop longer rests.

I think next week is the litmus test. Going to be a finals-tier game in terms of player effort.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:53 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:Must be in last place on this whole forum. Have barely dodged any of the injuries or bad luck

879 this week to go with last weeks poor score.

Long season. See what TLT throws up I guess

Thinking cut the cord on TKO and go to Alvaro

Then davey to someone

lol I'd kill for 879.

I would genuinely assume I'm probably the lowest ranked forum member at the moment, so much so that I even feel embarrassed to post here. Haven't read through the pages today as I'm seriously down on the whole Fantasy caper at the moment, but I share your disappointment about TKO.

I had him two years ago and he was majestically underwhelming, week in week out. I was sure the goal kicking would just give him that little boost to nudge 60's instead of 50's. I just don't see it happening. He's solid and he'll get you that 50-ish, but it doesn't look like being anything more. I won't get rid of him because he's in the top 5 scorers in my team (yep, it is seriously that bad) but if I had a proper team I could understand wanting to punt him. Wouldn't do it yet, but I understand him being undesired.

798 this week. A few points higher last week.
    Nrl4Life
    Nrl4Life

Post by Nrl4Life Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:02 pm

No trades this week will keep Tino for 1 more week to see what he does same with Turps

Turpin
    Watson Crichton Welch
    Fifita Riki
    Cleary Brooks
    Niu Averillo
    Papy RTS Laurie

Brailey Tino Fui Liddle

Leniu Stefano Simonsson Roberts
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:15 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

lol I'd kill for 879.

I would genuinely assume I'm probably the lowest ranked forum member at the moment, so much so that I even feel embarrassed to post here. Haven't read through the pages today as I'm seriously down on the whole Fantasy caper at the moment, but I share your disappointment about TKO.

I had him two years ago and he was majestically underwhelming, week in week out. I was sure the goal kicking would just give him that little boost to nudge 60's instead of 50's. I just don't see it happening. He's solid and he'll get you that 50-ish, but it doesn't look like being anything more. I won't get rid of him because he's in the top 5 scorers in my team (yep, it is seriously that bad) but if I had a proper team I could understand wanting to punt him. Wouldn't do it yet, but I understand him being undesired.

Holy hell mate!! Where is it going wrong, can we help?
    Nrl4Life
    Nrl4Life

Post by Nrl4Life Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:19 pm

I got 935 this week. Turps, Tino, Avo, Leniu being my lowest scorers
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:32 pm

Line-up for next week without trades. 14k in the bank.

Brailey
    Watson, Crichton, Alvaro
    Fifita, Riki
    Munster, Cleary
    Niu, Averillo
    Laurie, Papenhuyzen, Teddy

Liddle, Turpin, Milford, Lam

Stefano, Moylan, Roberts, Simonsson

I guess I'm in a position where a few people are definitely on the chopping block like Turpin, Milford, Averillo and Lam but nobody really screams a must trade out at the moment.

Turpin probably deserves a week to see if 32 is a one off or closer to what he'll usually score. Trading him would free up good money though.

30's from Lam are acceptable but could be getting the same points for less from others. Also how did I end up with so many HLF's.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:42 pm

M
    rectangle wrote:

I like you add in Magoulias. Could he tempt you this year ?!?!

I don’t think I can go there again!
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:48 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

lol I'd kill for 879.

Happy to help give some thoughts mate if you show us the team?

Don’t be embarrassed either we all know you are a very good fantasy player!

Last edited by Rabbits21 on Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:49 pm

Lam on the block for me I think.

Roosters just slicing teams on the right with Keary, Ted, Manu and BMoz. I feel like there’s just no reason to go the other way much.

Admittedly I didn’t see the game today - only watched the highlights - so happy to hear some deeper insights. But hard to see the value.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:52 pm

wolfking wrote:

Holy hell mate!!  Where is it going wrong, can we help?

Haha. You can help by hacking my computer and/or phone and deleting my team for 2021 and just let me come back in 2022?

Where is it going wrong? Quick summary;

- Didn't start with Cleary and/or Teddy
    - Started with Matterson
    - Played Moylan over Isaako in my WFB
    - Traded out Lodge for Milford and proceeded to play Milford in 17
    - Traded out Croker for Davey and played Davey in 17
    - Played Riki in EMG
    - Played Liddle in EMG

So, in summary, I have actively fucked up every single decision I could possibly have made so far this season.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:53 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Same deal - gambled Fifita takes a few weeks to get going and that SST would be 50ish plus goals. Collins steals his TAs was unexpected though!
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:57 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Haha. You can help by hacking my computer and/or phone and deleting my team for 2021 and just let me come back in 2022?

- Started with Matterson
    - Played Riki in EMG
    - Played Liddle in EMG

So, in summary, I have actively fucked up every single decision I could possibly have made so far this season.

I wonder if maybe you've reached your bad decision quota now and some good ones are on the way.

Despite my attempt at positivity, I know the feeling well. Pretty much every year, I felt like I was out of the overall race by round 3. Sux when you really wanna be in it.

Last edited by Holy Moly on Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:01 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

- Started with Matterson
    - Played Riki in EMG
    - Played Liddle in EMG

A few pretty unlucky there. Long season, you’ll come good.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:05 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Happy to help give some thoughts mate if you show us the team?

Don’t be embarrassed either we all know you are a very good fantasy player!

Not even sure how to list my team - do I list in the monster-fuck that was this weekend, or how I'll roll it out this week? Guess I'll go with the latter or I'll punch myself in the face if I have to see what I did this week again. So this is how it'll look this week (of course I don't expect Matterson to play, but this is full strength);

Brailey
    Crichton / TKO / Watson
    Fifita / Matterson
    Munster / Brooks
    Niu / Bird
    Pappy / Laurie / Isaako

Turpin / Riki / Liddle / Milford
    Averillo / Stefano / Moylan / Davey

At this point in time I only plan to move Davey on for probably an Alvaro (or Schuster?), but I'm hoping to hold Matterson hoping he's only out a week or two. For the record, for those curious, I only have 16K in the bank so no chance to turn Matterson into Teddy. Milford and Moylan are looking like nightmares, but I'm going to wait at least a week or two on those two. I won't play either in my 17 without a loop option either. Whoever I bring in for Davey will round out my 17.

The team is weak, but it's been my decisions on who to play, and also some bad luck with the Matterson and Davey injuries that have really cost me so far.

Last edited by Teeth Eater on Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:11 am

Holy Moly wrote:

I wonder if maybe you've reached your bad decision quota now and some good ones are on the way.

Despite my attempt at positivity, I know the feeling well. Pretty much every year,  I felt like I was out of the overall race by round 3. Sux when you really wanna be in it.

It has definitely crossed my mind. I had a pretty awesome year last year, but that included one round I remember well where everything just went wrong. Injuries, low scores and wrong players in EMG all in one round. But I did get past it and had a really good year. I'm hoping I've just done it all in round 2 this year. It already seems irrecoverable to get into a strong ranking this year, but my primary focus has always been my work H2H, which I'm still hopeful for. So I'll soldier on and hope this was as bad as it gets all year. My round 1 was really poor compared to all you guys, but nothing in the ballpark of this round.

Last edited by Teeth Eater on Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:12 am

robelgordo wrote:

A few pretty unlucky there. Long season, you’ll come good.

Thanks mate, appreciate it. Like I said above, just hoping I've hit the lowest low and it's all upward from here.
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:13 am

robelgordo wrote:Lam on the block for me I think.

Roosters just slicing teams on the right with Keary, Ted, Manu and BMoz. I feel like there’s just no reason to go the other way much.

Admittedly I didn’t see the game today - only watched the highlights - so happy to hear some deeper insights. But hard to see the value.

Look I know what you mean, but I'd stick with him for a bit longer tbh. It's complete bullshit he only had 1 tackle bust today, had a run where he broke 2 at least so really he should've been near the 40's. But yeah that Chooks right side is probs the best in the comp at the moment and it seems like Teddy favours that side aswell so it definitely gets more love. It was also hard for Lam today because the roosters were scoring like every 5-10 mins so there wasn't too much long kicking to be done.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:19 am

Basically the FOG this year is close to the autofill league, where we all started with the same guns and duds and we have to trade our way to relative success.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:22 am

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

Look I know what you mean, but I'd stick with him for a bit longer tbh. It's complete bullshit he only had 1 tackle bust today, had a run where he broke 2 at least so really he should've been near the 40's. But yeah that Chooks right side is probs the best in the comp at the moment and it seems like Teddy favours that side aswell so it definitely gets more love. It was also hard for Lam today because the roosters were scoring like every 5-10 mins so there wasn't too much long kicking to be done.

Teddy can go both sides, so can Keary. Angus/JMoz/Tupou isn't exactly a shabby combination on the left, probably they attack the side where they've identified the opposition is weakest and it varies game by game, or in-game.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:34 am