NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 17 - Coin goats everywhere

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 17 - Coin goats everywhere - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 17 - Coin goats everywhere

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:23 pm

filthridden wrote:

Should almost go the way of (dare I say it) union and just make any contact with the head illegal... or at least enforce that.
    Initial contact on the shoulder and slips up to hit the head? Tacklers fault for not being in control. Penalty.

Also shits me how often I've seen players choking other players around the neck already this season. Thought we made that shit illegal like 10 years ago.

Or we should ensure we do our utmost to fully inform the players and let them assess their own risks - the James Graham approach.

The rule changes you mention unfortunately don't eliminate the risk and I'd be surprised if they even decrease it significantly.
    You only have to watch a game of touch footy to see head clashes still occur.

As for the neck stuff, I haven't really noticed it but I have noticed how many blokes are still playing for penalties by claiming crusher tackles.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 17 - Coin goats everywhere - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 17 - Coin goats everywhere

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:23 pm

Chewie wrote:

Rain has cleared here for the moment, but we'll see in a few hours

Rain has been very light here in Sydney today, but still quite wet from last night and forecast to be quite heavy tonight

Last edited by Milchcow on Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:24 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Because Sweden hold a policy of neutrality so to not get involved in war

Since when? Swedish has always been involved in wars haha
    I think you may be confused with Ikea

Last edited by Boozecluez on Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:25 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Or we should ensure we do our utmost to fully inform the players and let them assess their own risks - the James Graham approach.

The rule changes you mention unfortunately don't eliminate the risk and I'd be surprised if they even decrease it significantly.
    You only have to watch a game of touch footy to see head clashes still occur.

As for the neck stuff, I haven't really noticed it but I have noticed how many blokes are still playing for penalties by claiming crusher tackles.
    How else do you grab DCE?
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:25 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Thats Switzerland

Sweden also hold this policy.

Sweden is still today a neutral and non-aligned country in regard to foreign and security policy. However, it maintains strong links to NATO. Nevertheless, the Swedish neutrality during World War II has been much debated and challenged later.

EDIT: But yes I was originally confused... was just lucky that when I googled it they are very similar in their approaches to war

Last edited by StormTrooper96 on Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:26 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Similar to you Fortitude, I feel for Matto and have some genuine concerns with his longevity in the game but this is clearly a separate issue because there is no way banning Kaufusi stops people tackling like that.

I disagree. If it becomes drilled into players heads that tackles like that will be heavily punished, players will start to instinctively avoid coming down on the head like that. Kaufusi could have changed positions or pulled out of that tackle earlier if he was smart enough to do that.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:27 pm

REVERSE TRADES~!

Gos now starting in my team lol.

I think moving on Host (too risky he gets a late callup and plays 10 mins) and Lodge survives a week, hoping for fast injury recovery or better cow options.

EDIT: doesn't work, Lodge to Milf it is, with convoluted setup which allows
    (a) Host -> Fui if Riki shits the bed tonight, or Host is a late bench callup and therefore needs trading to avoid a score even worse than Gos
    (b) bench loop between Croker and Roberts

Writing that out makes me realise its a lot of effort for a bunch of low returns, but you do what you can

Last edited by robelgordo on Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:28 pm

"Ryan Matterson has reportedly woken up with a headache after suffering a concussion last night (via @NRLonNine). Cannot begin progressing through 6 stage concussion protocol until symptom (headache) free. Does have a 9 day turnaround til Round 3. Hopefully symptoms settle quickly"

from NRL physio
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:28 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    Why are you Sweden?

Bit of a neutral fence sitter. Can see a bit of both sides and think the truth is somewhere in the middle.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:30 pm

Weiland wrote:

I disagree. If it becomes drilled into players heads that tackles like that will be heavily punished, players will start to instinctively avoid coming down on the head like that. Kaufusi could have changed positions or pulled out of that tackle earlier if he was smart enough to do that.

Watch the tackle again... Kaufusi was in a perfectly neutral position, control the ball around Matto's chest. During the wrestle, Lewis comes in and takes matto around the waist forcing the wrestle to the ground, at this point Kaufusi is also wrestling Matto around the ball and as the tackle goes to ground Kaufusi's elbow collides with Matterson's head.

I know having slo-mo we can all say he should've pulled out blah blah blah but all of this happens within the matter of seconds, even milliseconds.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:30 pm

mattnz wrote:
    How else do you grab DCE?

Exactly.

If anything they should be looking at whether DCE deserves to be charged for any reverse crusher tackles, where he might seriously injure somebody's torso, if they are unlucky enough to fall down on that neck

Post by Guest Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:31 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

EDIT: But yes I was originally confused... was just lucky that when I googled it they are very similar in their approaches to war

Nice save, You are just lucky Sweden has high PPM and scored a try during extra HIA time
    Now imagine being named Sione Katoa and the confusion that causes
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:31 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Because Sweden hold a policy of neutrality so to not get involved in war
    Okay. That’s pretty left field (I hope i haven’t offended any Swedes out there). I hope they are more neutral than Switzerland!
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:34 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    Okay. That’s pretty left field (I hope i haven’t offended any Swedes out there). I hope they are more neutral than Switzerland!

They are less neutral than Switzerland. I am not telling you lot which way I lean though because I am a coward.

Last edited by AL on Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cue french jokes.)

Post by Guest Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:35 pm

AL wrote:

They are less neutral than Switzerland. I am not telling you lot which way I lean though because I am a coward.

As long as you don't throw hand grenades

Anyways we have polls for that Sweden vs Switzerland and while there can help out some other fence sitters

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1546p120-2021-thumbs-up-thread#480086
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:36 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

As long as you don't throw hand grenades

Anyways we have polls for that Sweden vs Switzerland

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1546p120-2021-thumbs-up-thread#480086

Been known to drop the occasional truth bomb but that’s about it.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:37 pm

Weiland wrote:

Fair enough but I personally don't think that is remotely realistic with style of the game and the focus on controlling the ruck with multiple tacklers.

If Kaufusi/others are not trained to tackle as they do (wrap them up high, turn them over etc.) the opposition will either offload or get a quick play the ball and they quickly become ineffective defenders.
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:42 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Watch the tackle again... Kaufusi was in a perfectly neutral position, control the ball around Matto's chest. During the wrestle, Lewis comes in and takes matto around the waist forcing the wrestle to the ground, at this point Kaufusi is also wrestling Matto around the ball and as the tackle goes to ground Kaufusi's elbow collides with Matterson's head.

I know having slo-mo we can all say he should've pulled out blah blah blah but all of this happens within the matter of seconds, even milliseconds.

Sorry, I simply don’t agree that it was unavoidable. I have watched it many times and stand by the notion that Kaufusi could have avoided that contact to his head on the ground if he was quick enough to understand that it was leading to something ugly.

Some instantaneous head contact is unavoidable, that tackle last night was if players learn to stay the fuck away from the head.
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:48 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Fair enough but I personally don't think that is remotely realistic with style of the game and the focus on controlling the ruck with multiple tacklers.

If Kaufusi/others are not trained to tackle as they do (wrap them up high, turn them over etc.) the opposition will either offload or get a quick play the ball and they quickly become ineffective defenders.

Completely agree they need to change the way they are trained to tackle. Head injuries are going to get more and more scrutinised in coming years and players are going to have to learn how to instinctively avoid the situation that Kaufusi was in last night, but that will come when they start heavily punishing these events.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:50 pm

Its Crossland's first game as starting half tonight. Interesting to see how he goes.

Makes Pearce tempting, going to dominate.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:58 pm