NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?

StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?  - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:22 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

I’ve considered it but I just can’t see the upside. His scores at the dogs were terrible, and he’s started with a goose egg this season. I mean his BE is only 30 which he could get but then again another single figure is possible too.

I said it earlier but getting to a Alvaro or Leniu for around 40k seems an easy way to fix up a slight mistake

Reimis will be up against Opacic and Sivo who are pretty sound defensively.... Although I would hold. I can see him having a double and a big score sooner rather than later.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?  - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:22 am

easytiger wrote:

If you think that's amazing, what about the 20% of players who chose to have the most expensive player in the game (Cleary) who still elected to captain someone else?!

Guilty....

Drunk

Juggernauts
    Juggernauts

Post by Juggernauts Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:31 am

I’m surprised with the lack of people trading in Davey (only 2%). Already have most of the popular trade in targets Leniu, Alvaro, Fui. Can anyone convince me to not do Host to Davey? Seems fairly safe trading a red dot to someone who could potentially average 50+ if he succeeds in a 2nd row spot. Surely Des will realise how much better of a player he is than Gosi?
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:38 am

Juggernauts wrote:I’m surprised with the lack of people trading in Davey (only 2%). Already have most of the popular trade in targets Leniu, Alvaro, Fui. Can anyone convince me to not do Host to Davey? Seems fairly safe trading a red dot to someone who could potentially average 50+ if he succeeds in a 2nd row spot. Surely Des will realise how much better of a player he is than Gosi?

Yeah I don't know how only 2% have aswell. I don't think anyone is concerened with Davey's scoring, more just his minutes and role. I'm bringing him in because I don't see Gos regaining that starting spot anytime soon and Davey has a great PPM. If he can get 80 for a few weeks he will go great
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:39 am

Juggernauts wrote:I’m surprised with the lack of people trading in Davey (only 2%). Already have most of the popular trade in targets Leniu, Alvaro, Fui. Can anyone convince me to not do Host to Davey? Seems fairly safe trading a red dot to someone who could potentially average 50+ if he succeeds in a 2nd row spot. Surely Des will realise how much better of a player he is than Gosi?

Not sure if the numbers are low because people dont rate Davey, its more that people dont have Alvaro Fui, Leniu like you.

If i had neither of them id priorities them:

Alvaro
    Fui
    Davey
    Leniu

Only rate Fui higher because of DPP
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:43 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Reimis will be up against Opacic and Sivo who are pretty sound defensively.... Although I would hold. I can see him having a double and a big score sooner rather than later.

Yeah it’s a tough hold. Maybe I can flick him to a cow when he hits rock bottom Razz
    I’m never a fan of trading a fit scorer, I have time to think

Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:43 am

zim wrote:Is Lam to Townsend maybe a better option than Lam to Milf? Johnson is still ~6 weeks away right?

Townsend should get around 40+ a week being the dominant playmaker and goal kicking. SJ is listed as a a round 6-8 return so the Chad should get some good price rises in.

However the Milf does potentially have better long term value as SJ is definitely going to affect Chad's scores. Maybe Milf won't quite be a keeper but he's the type who can score under 30 or go over 80. If kick metres gives him a stronger base this season I think he's worth a gamble.
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:49 am

I need one MID and one anything else. Please rank these MIDs

Offa
    Leniu
    Alvaro
    Fuimaono
    Koloa
    LAM

and these other options in relation to the MIDs

Davey
    Milford

I have 788k for two players
    sbr202

Post by sbr202 Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:50 am

Thoughts on trading RTS to Latrell and banking 65k? Feels like a stupid trade but I don't want to miss out on Latrell making some very quick cash given the Bunnies' upcoming fixtures. Seems like he floats wider when Benji is on the field too which should mean more tries
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:53 am

sbr202 wrote:Thoughts on trading RTS to Latrell and banking 65k? Feels like a stupid trade but I don't want to miss out on Latrell making some very quick cash given the Bunnies' upcoming fixtures. Seems like he floats wider when Benji is on the field too which should mean more tries

The worst trade. Well not the worst but probably not the best idea
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:55 am

Wow, 3 percent of people pick up Smoothy, weird.

Seems no one trusts Wayne in picking up.Koala. I think I have to hold strong and go through with it.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:56 am

wolfking wrote:Wow, 3 percent of people pick up Smoothy, weird.

Seems no one trusts Wayne in picking up.Koala.  I think I have to hold strong and go through with it.

Back ya self mate, he’s in my draft team so I’m happy haha
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:58 am

my tv broke wrote:

Nah avoided Waddell thankfully.

Kevy interviewed yesterday doesn't clear much up on Lodge, and I guess they don't know at this stage anyway.. quote:

"Lodgey will be out for 2 to 3 weeks, chance of getting him back next week".

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=803371

Probably has to go.. maybe. scratch

My view on Lodge is that for any other minor injury I could see it being a week and worth a hold, but hamstrings seem trickier. There's a ridiculously high re-injury rate when players come back after 1-2 weeks (something like 25%?).

I think he has to go. It's just a shame that no cheap options emerged for R2, so we're all discussing gross middles coming off the bench.
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:58 am

sbr202 wrote:Thoughts on trading RTS to Latrell and banking 65k? Feels like a stupid trade but I don't want to miss out on Latrell making some very quick cash given the Bunnies' upcoming fixtures. Seems like he floats wider when Benji is on the field too which should mean more tries

As sideways as they come.

You don't want to be wasting trades on fit players chasing last week's scores.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:02 am

Seems no one trusts Wayne in picking up.Koala.  I think I have to hold strong and go through with it.

This post by Rabbits73 convinced me to steer clear of Koala on the community team vote.

Rabbits21 wrote:Don’t do it mate. Our left second rower gets used as a decoy a lot as Cody links with Latrell on that edge.

Arrow and Murray will play big mins as we know so Murray is likely to play some edge.

Su’a won’t be playing 35mins like last week.

Koloa won’t be getting 80mins, more likely to be around 55mins tbh with you.

Knight is back possibly this week too which only strengthens our middle meaning Murray likely to shift to edge.

Benji will be on at different times each week as well and is likely to come on for Su’a or Koloa.

Too much depth I think and competition for mins.

My head says no to Koloa.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:02 am

70-80% of the teams are either dead teams, soon to be dead teams, or very casual players that are looking at last weeks players rather than what might happen this week. I really think looking at overall trade stats is fairly useless in this case. It's not that no-one trusts Wayne, it's that no-one knows who Koala is because he didn't start last week.

The ownership, who's hot, and who's not would be far more interesting if it was the "top tier" - whether that's the top 1k, 5k or 10k in the ranks. Especially a few weeks into the season once ranks are more meaningful.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:05 am

I'm in, already have Lenui and need another Mid this week until Angus gets back(or I play 16).

I would rather go with a starting 2RF playing around 60 mins (and potentially more) than one of the other bench MID options.

It's a gamble but I feel he has the most upside, the other guys are going to remain bench MIDs and one of those in my emergencies is enough

Last edited by Aardvark on Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:28 am; edited 3 times in total
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:05 am

If you think its stupid, it probably is.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:07 am

robelgordo wrote:

My view on Lodge is that for any other minor injury I could see it being a week and worth a hold, but hamstrings seem trickier. There's a ridiculously high re-injury rate when players come back after 1-2 weeks (something like 25%?).

I think he has to go. It's just a shame that no cheap options emerged for R2, so we're all discussing gross middles coming off the bench.

I think you're spot on there.

I'm narrowed down to Davey or Fui I think. Probably Davey but I'd need to make a second trade to get a mid (either Croker to Alvaro or Gos to Stefano). Both of those make me feel a bit uncomfortable.. just seem like a waste.

Last edited by my tv broke on Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:09 am

robelgordo wrote:

70-80% of the teams are either dead teams, soon to be dead teams, or very casual players that are looking at last weeks players rather than what might happen this week. I really think looking at overall trade stats is fairly useless in this case. It's not that no-one trusts Wayne, it's that no-one knows who Koala is because he didn't start last week.

The ownership, who's hot, and who's not would be far more interesting if it was the "top tier" - whether that's the top 1k, 5k or 10k in the ranks. Especially a few weeks into the season once ranks are more meaningful.

Expanding on this the casual players bit - they will know Koala but have bigger issues week 1 than finding a good cheap middle. My first team was 2019 and I had 4 or 5 issues just because I entered a team of good draft players without fully understanding the scoring or pricing. A bunch of players at that level will be prioritising Laurie or Brailey in.

Last edited by robelgordo on Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 7:40 am