NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 12 - The Day of Reckoning - Rebirth of the MILF

ytsb
    ytsb

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 12 - The Day of Reckoning - Rebirth of the MILF - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 12 - The Day of Reckoning - Rebirth of the MILF

Post by ytsb Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:41 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Seeing plenty of over reactions so far. My thoughts on a few popular players

Papy - Didn't start with him because I structured my team to not have 2 gun wfbs. This kind of game was always in his range of scores and he played the kind of role I expected. IF Papy came out and started dominating general play kicking I would be ripping my team apart to grab him. He didn't so it's the same scorer as last year that happened to score 2 tries today.

Munster - Looked really good in the first half and then put the cue in the rack at half time. At that time he was leading general play kicking, but expected the final numbers to be close. Split the kicking fairly evenly with Hughes so not sure he has the fantasy upside I expected.

Welch - Had an incredible game but didn't translate to fantasy. 4 missed tackles that didn't hurt the team, as well as a dropped ball for what would have been a 20 point try. Happy with the role, happy with the pick.

BSmith - Didn't pick him, but surely those that did knew his play style. Never been a tackle bot, so bulk of his big scores were going to come from running game and attacking stats

NAS - Did what it said on the tin. Won't make the quick 150k some expected while Grant and Finucane are out, probably one to move on if you have other problems

Kamikamica - Seemed to the beneficiary of extra minutes in the pack from Tino/Finucane/Grant not being available. Congrats to all that took the risk, but probably not worth grabbing him

Reimis Smith - Got done by a few dodgy missed tackles on Latrell. Looked busy in the first half, but didn't do too much once the game was over. Was in space with the chance to score, but Papy threw the dummy and went himself.

Latrell - Same lazy player he has always been, that turns it on for a few games at a time. I wouldn't be tearing my team apart to get him

Arrow - Was one that was in a lot of my drafts, disappeared once he was named on the bench + news of a lingering hammy. Same bloke who has scored 80s and 90s in less than 65 minutes on many occasions. If he keeps the bench role he is a pass, if he starts he is one to consider, but would want a week to see the rotation first. Won't be getting 5 tbs each week and needs the minutes to sustain scores

Murray - Played big minutes shuffling between middle and edge. One to watch if that kind of role continues, but think he is a better fantasy scorer with 2x30 minute stints in the middle.

Cook - Few uncharacteristic missed tackles, but nothing to be too worried about. Game was very side to side so he didn't need to make too many tackles.Whenever one marker was on the ground, the other would drop back into the space to limit Cook, shifting the danger out wide.

Host - Same plodder he has always been. Turgess injury might have saved his spot in the starting side. I would be very concerned if I owned him. Fails the "shit at footy test"

Thank you for your posts like this MS
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 12 - The Day of Reckoning - Rebirth of the MILF - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 12 - The Day of Reckoning - Rebirth of the MILF

Post by wolfking Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:42 am

Mr Snrub wrote:I can see what people mean about already coming up with scenarios to turn everything upside down to fit someone in your team.  

I just saw I could trade Lam for someone like Ogden which would free up about 215k so I could go Host to Latrell next week and bam there's my WFB set for the year. Yes I just said 5 minutes ago I'd be patient and actually I think that's what I'll do.

That type of rushed thinking is what always make me burn all my trades before the season is out and I'm left with just 13 fit players in the second last round of the season. Yeah that happened to me last year and it wasn't pretty.  

Would you have to play Ogden though?
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:49 am

I didn't start with Pap - took latrell purely for the discount. I also wont be tearing my team apart to get him in either. He wont score two tries, 2 LBAs and kick as many goals every week.

Not taking anythign away from his performance. He played really well, and looked good. Certaintly not saying Latrell was a better pick either. I just needed to coin i saved by cheaping out.

If an easy/obvious option to get him in presents itself. Ill get him in for sure.

Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:54 am

Fortitude wrote:I didn't start with Pap - took latrell purely for the discount. I also wont be tearing my team apart to get him in either. He wont score two tries, 2 LBAs and kick as many goals every week.

Not taking anythign away from his performance. He played really well, and looked good. Certaintly not saying Latrell was a better pick either. I just needed to coin i saved by cheaping out.

If an easy/obvious option to get him in presents itself. Ill get him in for sure.

also

GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:55 am

Khany wrote:Host is this years Stimson

Nah Host is this year’s Host.

Very exposed form. He’ll get the odd 40+ for his suitors
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:00 am

For those that want to rage trade Host, there will be options that show themselves over the week which won't warrant you downgrading players right now. I would say stick with the team you have now, you picked them for a reason. Dont fuck things up today to get some coin in the back pocket. Rage out Host next Tuesday for whoever did the best out of Gosi/Leniu/Fui/etc etc
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:00 am

ANyone still tinkering with their team makeup.

My 17 is set but still playing around with who my NPRs will be.

Guys like Averillo, Alvaro, Stefano, Niu, Hoy, Moylan, Gosi
    Just need to work out which ones to settle on for maximising cash and coverage.

Pretty set on Averillo, and with Host locked in, need 2 more, at least 1 of which needs to be WFB

So that is my afternoon spent, and then all weekend/season can regret settling on the wrong ones
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:00 am

Weird player to fret but I really miss having Tex Hoy in my side

I think they’ll be decent, I like the talent and love the gap Ponga leaves.

So much talk has been about, worth it if 6 games, not worth it if 4 etc but I’m more of the mindset, he looks to have a key role, in a good side, with 4-6 really good fixtures, and he’s cheap.

I’ll take 3-4 good scores all day long to start the season... Just don’t know why he’s left my draft No
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:00 am

Old man BUZZ is reporting that manly will play Jake Trbo at hooker if Croker needs a rest
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:00 am

wolfking wrote:

Would you have to play Ogden though?

Ah yeah I think so. My EMG's are Moylan, Niu, Stefano and Simonsson.

So uh probably not worth having to play any of them just to have Latrell in that case.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:01 am

Reklaw wrote:For those that want to rage trade Host, there will be options that show themselves over the week which won't warrant you downgrading players right now. I would say stick with the team you have now, you picked them for a reason. Dont fuck things up today to get some coin in the back pocket. Rage out Host next Tuesday for whoever did the best out of Gosi/Leniu/Fui/etc etc

Ideal situation is Davey gets promoted to starter next week and i can just bring in the player I originally wanted anyway

Otherwise can sit on Host for a bit, I'm confident his scoring will improve (unless he really is this years Stimson and he gets a season-ending injury next week)
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:03 am

Milchcow wrote:

Pretty set on Averillo, and with Host locked in, need 2 more, at least 1 of which needs to be WFB

So that is my afternoon spent, and then all weekend/season can regret settling on the wrong ones
    I'm very close to going Turpin to Lam.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:04 am

Milchcow wrote:

I am. Tempted to do Moylan --> Fui since my only fwd coverage is Crichton atm but I can't help but think Davey and Koloa are gonna be good pick ups sooner rather than later
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:06 am

Krump wrote:
    I'm very close to going Turpin to Lam.

I don't mind this though.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:06 am

my tv broke wrote:Old man BUZZ is reporting that manly will play Jake Trbo at hooker if Croker needs a rest

Interesting.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:06 am

Milchcow wrote:

Just alleviated my own stupid 300k concern by going Croker #17 Moylan WFB 3 to
    Hoy WFB3, Moylan #17

For... 0 itb

It’s a sign. Well no, Croker being a bang average little turnstile is the sign haha
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:07 am

my tv broke wrote:Old man BUZZ is reporting that manly will play Jake Trbo at hooker if when Croker needs a rest
    FTFY
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:10 am

my tv broke wrote:Old man BUZZ is reporting that manly will play Jake Trbo at hooker if Croker needs a rest
    Puts a different perspective on that bench, if Jurbo is getting 20-30 minutes at hooker. Davey might be worth starting the season with, to save a trade, if he picks up 20-30 minutes in the middle and 20 minutes on an edge. Unlikely to lose value at his price point.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:12 am

Des really does think absolutely anyone can play hooker, doesn't he?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:14 am

Spuddies wrote:I’m pretty stoked with the start from Latrell. I was backing him based on the positive chat around the grounds in the off season and that it’s his second year back in the FB position so would be more used to the position. Hopefully he can keep it up. Great sign for things to come though. I’m also happy with Welch and Papy’s scores.

It’s not the first time though I’ve had a cracker start then the round goes downhill!  

I do have to say he looks a lot fitter than at the start of 2020. He could do well, but I'm sure he'll have some quiet games at some stage

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:50 am