NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 9 - ‘Twas the weekend before TLT

Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 9 - ‘Twas the weekend before TLT - Page 23 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 9 - ‘Twas the weekend before TLT

Post by Jumping Marlin Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:34 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:

I know but I think 2 30 minutes stints is better for him. Last year in his 70 minute games he racked up the tackles but lost impact in his running

That and he has a few low minute games to bring his average down. I see both at mid 60s again
    Yeah, you could be right. I thought his tackling was pretty soft at back end of games too - thought he was doing bare minimum to try to make it to the end. (He looked how I feel when I go for that first run after a month off over Christmas - the last k never ends)
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 9 - ‘Twas the weekend before TLT - Page 23 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 9 - ‘Twas the weekend before TLT

Post by Honey Badger Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:35 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:Anybody on JT?

Seems everyone is hot on Crichton but factoring in origin they will be similar over the season

Both seem fairly well priced to me

I can see him pumping out a big score first round then everyone trying to get him in rd 2

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:39 pm

mattnz wrote:Adesanya lost, hard to go up a weight class

Not enough weights, too much speed work

Good to see James Graham has moved on from the NRL

Polish Power:

Last edited by Boozecluez on Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:39 pm

Last chance to register for the Leagues.
    Unfilled spots will be re-allocated tomorrow morning !!
    castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

Post by castlecrag sweethearts Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:50 pm

My take on Peachey at CTR as opposed to say Roberts or Momirovski (or even Cotric) is that these players while having the potential to score well, are just as likely to also pump out a 20 reasonably regularly and end up averaging around 30-35. I don't really think this is keeper status in CTR and I will end up fiddling around trying to upgrade them to a keeper. I think 35-40 is Peachey's floor in the position and I am likely to keep him all season. He is also MID cover and at worst won't lose money.

This is such gold in CTR.

Bird, I have settled on for the same reasons. He has shown the capacity to score consistently well at CTR. Then, if he does make the transition the MID, then all the better. No more wasting trades at CTR, especially with dual cover DPPs (Niu and Averillo) in my 18-21.

Momirovski and Roberts both have trade rage potential. You are going to need to be strong to avoid this if you choose them.

I do not really see the upside in Hopoate at all.
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:59 pm

Jumping Marlin wrote:
    Yeah, you could be right.  I thought his tackling was pretty soft at back end of games too - thought he was doing bare minimum to try to make it to the end.  (He looked how I feel when I go for that first run after a month off over Christmas - the last k never ends)

Been there! I guess after looking at the stats I’m surprised at the level of Crichton love. He’ll be great but not stupidly underpriced and I haven’t seen JT in any teams at all

Honey Badger wrote:

I can see him pumping out a big score first round then everyone trying to get him in rd 2

Might get the jump on that. Could be that the faster game is hurting him. But I think his scores will adjust a touch playing 60 instead of 70 with less tackles but more run meters and attacking stats
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:00 pm

castlecrag sweethearts wrote:My take on Peachey at CTR as opposed to say Roberts or Momirovski (or even Cotric) is that these players while having the potential to score well, are just as likely to also pump out a 20 reasonably regularly and end up averaging around 30-35. I don't really think this is keeper status in CTR and I will end up fiddling around trying to upgrade them to a keeper. I think 35-40 is Peachey's floor in the position and I am likely to keep him all season. He is also MID cover and at worst won't lose money.

Bird, I have settled on for the same reasons. He has shown the capacity to score consistently well at CTR. Then, if he does make the transition the MID, then all the better. No more wasting trades at CTR, especially with dual cover DPPs (Niu and Averillo) in my 18-21.

Momirovski and Roberts both have trade rage potential. You are going to need to be strong to avoid this if you choose them.

I like the Peachey pick. Once he settled into that role off the bench, he scored 40+ in all but one game. Hard to find that level of consistency in a center.
    castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

Post by castlecrag sweethearts Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:06 pm

mattnz wrote:
    I like the Peachey pick. Once he settled into that role off the bench, he scored 40+ in all but one game. Hard to find that level of consistency in a center.

He is hard to tackle. This is why Holbrook has said that he will continue to play in MID, even though he has a smaller body than say Tino.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:10 pm

Personally i think Peachey is priced around what he scores. At full strength i reckon he gets high 40s mins. Avg around 35-40

Big string of tries could change that but you could say that about any player. (Except twal)
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:16 pm

castlecrag sweethearts wrote:

He is hard to tackle. This is why Holbrook has said that he will continue to play in MID, even though he has a smaller body than say Tino.
    The small lock is here to stay with the new fast game, which is going to be even faster this season. He was playing an old school ball playing lock, will get upside attacking stats in that role.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:21 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:Anybody on JT?

Seems everyone is hot on Crichton but factoring in origin they will be similar over the season

Both seem fairly well priced to me
    Crichton has DPP pushes him over the edge for me
    castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

Post by castlecrag sweethearts Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:21 pm

my tv broke wrote:Personally i think Peachey is priced around what he scores. At full strength i reckon he gets high 40s mins. Avg around 35-40

Big string of tries could change that but you could say that about any player. (Except twal)

I am OK with this as a worst-case scenario. However, from Holbrook's assessment, I believe the outcome will be better and he will maintain about 50-55 minutes per game
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:26 pm

Honeysett wrote:On the conversation of Fantasy with the girlfriend

Her: "So you pick players that are good? Why don't you pick the best ones?"

Me: "There's a salary cap"

Her: "Ah right, he just scored is he in your team? Are you winning?"

Me: "Nah."

Her: "... Are you good at this or nah?"

Also any bets I put on

Her: "Are we winning?"

I always frame any of my punts as "we" need these guys to win by 7 or more lol.

Not sharing my profits, because she isn't sharing the investment, but it seems to go down well.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:28 pm

There is no value in Peachey AVOID!!!!!
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:30 pm

castlecrag sweethearts wrote:My take on Peachey at CTR as opposed to say Roberts or Momirovski (or even Cotric) is that these players while having the potential to score well, are just as likely to also pump out a 20 reasonably regularly and end up averaging around 30-35. I don't really think this is keeper status in CTR and I will end up fiddling around trying to upgrade them to a keeper. I think 35-40 is Peachey's floor in the position and I am likely to keep him all season. He is also MID cover and at worst won't lose money.

Bird has never played in a team challenging for the spoon and is coming off 2 ACLs. I definitely wouldn’t classify him as a set and forget CTR

Pretty all the talk of him moving into forwards has disappeared as well
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:31 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Not sure on the Lucy love. Looked good in the trial running at a rookie half that is probably 2-3 years away from first grade. Think you get what you pay for with him
    100%. priced around his long term average, everyone was on him last year because he was underpriced at around 42 points but with an 80 minutes average in the 50s from limited games. He became what most expected, no idea why he’s expected to elevate again? Edge players in the 60s spend boat loads of time defending in the middle (Matterson/Crichton) or play lock (Tohu) Lucy does neither so unless he scores an additional 7 tries on top of 7 he scored last year there is zero chance he reaches the Uber edge level
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:32 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:There is no value in Peachey AVOID!!!!!

Why?
    castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

Post by castlecrag sweethearts Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:32 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:There is no value in Peachey AVOID!!!!!

Titans 2021: Why Tyrone Peachey could force Tino Fa'asuamaleaui out of lock

The Titans reeled in two of the biggest fish on the NRL free agent market in their bid to replace outgoing lock Jai Arrow but who starts at the crucial position in 2021 is anything but locked in.

Tino Fa’asuamaleaui helped lead the Maroons pack to the ultimate underdog State of Origin win while Knights recruit Herman Ese’ese signed with the express goal of making the Titans’ No.13 jersey his own.

But the often overlooked cog at the heart of the Titans’ resurgent five-game winning streak last year was Tyrone Peachey, with whom the Titans are undefeated when starting at lock.

In five matches at the position the former Penrith Panthers utility averaged 109 running metres per match and completed 94 per cent of his 177 attempted tackles.

He has earned the right to compete for the starting job and is impressing the right judges as he enters the final year of his Titans contract.

“I know I’ve said everyone is going well but Peachey is training fantastic,” coach Justin Holbrook said.

“He’d obviously be keen to keep that position but we’ve got great competition there.

“If Peach plays great in the trial he’s a good chance.”

Holbrook said selecting Peachey (183cm, 87kg) at lock would not require a quantum shift in tactics or game plan despite the size difference between him and position rivals Fa’asuamaleaui (197cm, 112kg) and Ese’ese (186cm, 107kg).

“Peach plays well above his weight and he’s just as hard to tackle as the big guys are,” he said.

“They can both play front row, no issue, and Tino can obviously play back-row as well.

“Peach is a great player. He’ll slot in somewhere (in the 17).”

Jai Arrow has signed with South Sydney. Picture: Bradley Kanaris/Getty Images

The greatest obstacle to Peachey returning to lock in 2021 will again be his versatility, with the ability to play centre, all three back-row positions and five-eighth making him an attractive No.14.

Holbrook dismissed the notion that Peachey would also be competing with incumbent Tanah Boyd for a spot on the Titans bench during the trial season.

“It’s not so much head-to-head. Peachey obviously offers a lot more versatility,” he said.

“Tanah is a fantastic trainer who loves the game and he’s your genuine half who can play hooker. He can’t cover too many other positions, but he’s one sticking his hand up to try and force his way into the 17.

“It’s a good position for us to be in. We need depth and we’ve got it.”

The upcoming trial with the Burleigh Bears on 19 February will feature the Titans’ fringe and junior players before senior players return for their only NRL trial against the Warriors in Lismore on February 27.

Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:35 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Crichton has DPP pushes him over the edge for me

Does DPP trump origin?

Team atm can afford either and I’m big fans of both. Just checking if there’s something I’m missing when there’s been lots of talk about being scared of not owning crichton
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:36 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Why?
    I don’t like it. What he’s priced at for mine is what you get. I don’t want a mid range player like that in my side. I need to make money he doesn’t cut the mustard.

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 4:45 am