NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Beast From The Big East Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:31 pm

Random wrote:

Ia actually really like your breakdown of how to decide who to pick.

Although I am going to nitpick a few things. I really don't understand the Pauli Pauli love, he averaged 30 minutes a game and only managed an average of 18 points. I don't see his minutes increasing dramatically, with Snowden and K. Sims both playing big minutes. (Korbin was averaging 47 minutes last season.) as well as having Stockwell and Paea likely to be on the bench as well. I don't see how Pauli Pauli can make a push for more than 30 minutes, and I don't see his PPM improving either. Making him not a worthy pick.

I think you undervalue Maloney a little just purely because he will be playing without Pearce he averaged 53 points without Pearce (Lowest score 38 points, Highest score 78 points.) But yeah Peats is incredibly hard to pass up.

I'm more on the Pauli bandwagon because of his price. He showed some promise with the eels that given a consistent role and playing time I can see him upping his PPM. Has a fair amount of promise and with his price so low it is hard to pass up, or to pay the extra 100k to Tapine when I think they will see similar scores.

Fair call on Maloney. But when he was without Pearce I imagine Hastings was the other half. As well as Hasting did last year he was still the 2nd option half in those combos and a lot of plays were run through Maloney. Townsend is no slouch at Cronulla. He shared the duties pretty evenly for the most part with SJ and has a solid kicking game to the point where I wouldn't expect Maloney to suddenly get more km's or anything
    GoingNuts
    GoingNuts

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by GoingNuts Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:18 pm

Hi Gents,

I would appreciate everyone's opinion on my team.

Smith, Granville
    Graham, LAM, Starling, Kaufusi
    Parker, Fensom, JDB, Rochow, Pauli, Bhana
    ARey, Hastings, Taylor, JNiko
    Copley, Auva'a, Henry, Fine
    Ferguson, Mansour, Roberts, Gutherson, Mitchell
    Skywalka

Post by Skywalka Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:20 pm

I've just had a chat with Joe Tapine, and it doesnt sound like he'll be going anywhere soon (Raiders rumour) but he's been working hard to get that 80min slot in the backrow, so will be interesting to see how he goes. I've got him locked in.

Has anyone considered picking Dan Levi at bench hooker? I'm pretty sure its only him and Randell at that position in the squad.. I'm thinking Levi might pick up his game; get more game time and eventually dethrone Randell from the hkr position...??

Thoughts?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:27 pm

Skywalka wrote:I've just had a chat with Joe Tapine, and it doesnt sound like he'll be going anywhere soon (Raiders rumour) but he's been working hard to get that 80min slot in the backrow, so will be interesting to see how he goes. I've got him locked in.

Has anyone considered picking Dan Levi at bench hooker? I'm pretty sure its only him and Randell at that position in the squad.. I'm thinking Levi might pick up his game; get more game time and eventually dethrone Randell from the hkr position...??

Thoughts?

It's not going to happen for round 1 if it does happen he'll be a good cow to transfer to later on in the year. Maybe.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:35 pm

I agree with Honeysett, I also think Parcell and possibly Nikorima are better Cash Cows if you want to go down that route.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:38 pm

alot of sea eagles fans seem to be under hte impression that parcell starting #9 is his to lose.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:42 pm

Does that mean Api is on the bench, or does he get a crack in the HLF's?
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:47 pm

Broncos and Cowboys better bring their long studs to the trial match on Saturday. Just stepped out of my car and sank ankle deep into my front lawn. More rain predicted for the rest of the week so it's not going to get any dryer.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:51 pm

GoingNuts wrote:Hi Gents,

I would appreciate everyone's opinion on my team.

Smith, Granville
    Graham, LAM, Starling, Kaufusi
    Parker, Fensom, JDB, Rochow, Pauli, Bhana
    ARey, Hastings, Taylor, JNiko
    Copley, Auva'a, Henry, Fine
    Ferguson, Mansour, Roberts, Gutherson, Mitchell

HOK:
    Granville will be great if he gets the 80 minutes, and should continue to be solid if he doesn't.

FRF: I think guys like McGuire/Woods have more of a potential upside over Graham. However that isn't to say he wont be a solid option. Starling was averaging 34 minutes last year with an average of 22 points. I think with Myles, Trbojevic, Burgess, Lussick and potentially Lawrence that he will be hard pressed to even make the bench. Not sure which Kaufusi it is, or whether they will get minutes or not.

2RF: Damn that is stacked. I don't like Pauli Pauli but that is my own personal preference which I have voiced a lot recently.

HLF: Pretty standard, would rather see DCE than Reynolds but should make no difference.

CTR: Cheapest of the cheapies which will be a common theme.

WFB: Looks good, though I don't like the Roberts pick. I see no reason his score will improve with the Broncos. If anything he will be relied on less and could score lower and considering you have guys like Gordon, Holmes, Slater all priced cheaper and with more upside. I would look at them.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:54 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:Broncos and Cowboys better bring their long studs to the trial match on Saturday. Just stepped out of my car and sank ankle deep into my front lawn. More rain predicted for the rest of the week so it's not going to get any dryer.

You got cankles bro.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:55 pm

Any good reason not to pick Tedesco?
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:56 pm

Bren wrote:

You got cankles bro.

My ankles are quite shapely thank you very much.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:57 pm

Fuck Kostjaysn, Granville can already play 80 mins.
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:58 pm

Random wrote:Does that mean Api is on the bench, or does he get a crack in the HLF's?
    Initially they bought him for the halves before there was any talk of Ballin going so they may go back to there initial plan now they have parcell
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:00 pm

Bullbender wrote:
    Initially they bought him for the halves before there was any talk of Ballin going so they may go back to there initial plan now they have parcell

Did they have Walker at that stage though?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:03 pm

koro will just play reggies. no way he gets a gig in the halves above walker. and no way walker gets a gig in the ctrs above lyon/matai
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:06 pm

Some recent tweets from wackos
    Seluini signed by Storm for cover for Smith. Maybe Smith's days as an 80 minute hooker are over.
    Holmes involved in an incident with police following a night out with emerging origin players in early hours of Sunday.
    Other players that broke curfew were Milford, Munster, J. Wallace, Napa & K. Sims.
    E. Lee, Soward & Garvey replace Ferguson, JT & Peats in Indigenous Allstars team.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:22 pm

my tv broke wrote:koro will just play reggies. no way he gets a gig in the halves above walker. and no way walker gets a gig in the ctrs above lyon/matai

Until the 5 minute mark of preseason trial #1 and Matai stubs his toe and spends the next ten minutes sitting on the field clutching his shoulder.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:25 pm

Pauli Pauli would be a stash on the bench option only. I dont know if he even makes the Knights 17 at full strength. The only way he improves on 18avg is if they finally decide to push him into the middle (he has the size,skill and fitness for it). Personally i like him better then Edwards as Edwards has 4 very similar style guys to fight with at the Tigers (workman like forwards who offer nothing in attack) and he would be down the list of those guys. Snodew will miss time to suspension and Paea,Smith to injuries. How long is TSims out?

This is how i see full strength team
    Snowden
    Randell/Levi
    KSims
    Rochow
    TSims
    Smith

Levi/Randell
    Tapanie
    Paea
    Stockwell/PauliPauli/Mataora/VaiVai/Bhana (i dont know the order here)

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:31 pm

I highly doubt Koroisau will play reserve grade. I would love to see Parcell get big mins straight up for Fantasy purposes but I just dont see it happening. I am a massive Parcell fan after watching almost every game he played last year but I dont think he is ready for a 60+ min NRL gig yet but boy Ill gladly be proven wrong.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:19 pm