NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:19 pm

Bullbender wrote:
    Are Moley and the lurker one in the same? Moley has a similar strike rate to George Rose scoring tries

nah. mole is tony adams.

lurker is some other mofo. cant recall his name.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by SoylentGreen Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:22 pm

Everyon seems to think Lafai and Mann are locked in starters - so does that mean Mata'utia is going to be dropped?
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:23 pm

my tv broke wrote:

nah. mole is tony adams.

lurker is some other mofo. cant recall his name.
    Cheers MTB. Didnt know it was Adams.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:25 pm

Bullbender wrote:
    Cheers MTB. Didnt know it was Adams.

Might as well be they are in each others pockets
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:29 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:Everyon seems to think Lafai and Mann are locked in starters - so does that mean Mata'utia is going to be dropped?

he'd be on wing at worst wouldnt he?

i dont really get why people think mann is all that good.

he wouldnt be in my dragons backline, but i would also have dugan at 1 and not in the centres. whats the go on that?

to me their best 1-5 is dugan fb, aitken lafai ctrs, and nightingale/matatuia wings
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:37 pm

my tv broke wrote:

he wouldnt be in my dragons backline, but i would also have dugan at 1 and not in the centres. whats the go on that?

to me their best 1-5 is dugan fb, aitken lafai ctrs, and nightingale/matatuia wings

Yeah - well Dugan and Nightingale are clearly in, and Aitken and Lafai should be fairly safe, so one of Mata'utia and Mann has to miss out. There was talk last year that Mata'utia was offered a big deal with the Titans? Anything come of that?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:18 pm

my tv broke wrote:
    SoylentGreen wrote:Everyon seems to think Lafai and Mann are locked in starters - so does that mean Mata'utia is going to be dropped?

There has been a lot of talk in the off-season about Dugan wanting to switch to the CTR's however I thought that talk was more at the idea they were going to buy a FB (Forget who they were looking at getting.) Apparently that conversation continued after that, though I do agree they look stronger with Dugan at FB.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:35 pm

So a which is better question..

Maloney + Tapine

or

Granville + Tapine.

or

Peats + 2RF Under $190k.

- If Maloney is selected Nikorima becomes the back up Hooker, with Segeyaro.

- If Peats/Granville are selected my HLFs will be DCE + Hastings/Taylor/Nikorima.

- Tapine/2RF Under $190k would be my 4th 2RF.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:29 pm

Random wrote:So a which is better question..

Maloney + Tapine

or

Granville + Tapine.

or

Peats + 2RF Under $190k.

- If Maloney is selected Nikorima becomes the back up Hooker, with Segeyaro.

- If Peats/Granville are selected my HLFs will be DCE + Hastings/Taylor/Nikorima.

- Tapine/2RF Under $190k would be my 4th 2RF.

The Peats and 2rf would appeal to me better as I like the look of Pauli Pauli now at the knights but I know you aren't sold on him. There isn't really too much else in the 2nd row besides Joel Edwards (out injured for the start though isn't he????) and nuffies. For the sake of argument, let's say you go with Pauli and give him a basic score of 20-30

Maloney (35-50) + Tapine (25-35)= 60-85 points
    Granville (35-60)+ Tapine (25-35)= 60-95 points
    Peats (40-65) + Pauli (20-30)= 60-95 points.

Granville is the superior option to Maloney so would take Granville. I would say Peats has the higher floor purely because he has a bit more likelihood of minutes and a few more traditional hooker stats like tackling, while I also think that because he has a higher floor, when he clicks in attack he also has a slightly better ceiling whereas Granville needs to have a huge game to score over 60 given he doesn't make as many tackles as other hookers his price. I personally feel Pauli is at least on par with Tapine going into the season so would go with the Peats/Pauli combo but you may prefer Tapine given you aren't sure about Pauli
    Cake Tiger
    Cake Tiger

Post by Cake Tiger Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:50 pm

First draft of my team:

HOK: Segeyaro, Hodgson
    FRF: J Graham, J Trbojevic, A Kaufusi, Gray
    2RF: S Burgess, Fensom, B Thompson, Whitehead, J Edwards, Chee Kam
    HLF: Austin, Hastings, A Taylor, J Nikorima
    CTR: Lawrence, Waqa, Auvu'a, Henry
    WFB: Slater, Moylan, M Gordon, Gutherson, Murphy

$3k left in bank

My first thought is that the halves are too weak. I like to try and run with 2 scoring hookers but there aren't many low cost options in that position like Lichaa was last year. If Parcell gets decent mins, he could be an early trade in. The freed up cash could be used to upgrade the halves - maybe Ben Hunt who I think is a bit overpriced at $515k.

I don't really want to run with Waqa in the centres but he could be replaced if an early season cash cow appears. I also don't want to run with 4 Raiders in the starting 17 because I don't trust Sticky Ricky.

Like everyone else, this will probably change a million times before Round 1.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:12 pm

Cake Tiger wrote:First draft of my team:

HOK: Segeyaro, Hodgson
    FRF: J Graham, J Trbojevic, A Kaufusi, Gray
    2RF: S Burgess, Fensom, B Thompson, Whitehead, J Edwards, Chee Kam
    HLF: Austin, Hastings, A Taylor, J Nikorima
    CTR: Lawrence, Waqa, Auvu'a, Henry
    WFB: Slater, Moylan, M Gordon, Gutherson, Murphy

$3k left in bank

My first thought is that the halves are too weak. I like to try and run with 2 scoring hookers but there aren't many low cost options in that position like Lichaa was last year. If Parcell gets decent mins, he could be an early trade in. The freed up cash could be used to upgrade the halves - maybe Ben Hunt who I think is a bit overpriced at $515k.

I don't really want to run with Waqa in the centres but he could be replaced if an early season cash cow appears. I also don't want to run with 4 Raiders in the starting 17 because I don't trust Sticky Ricky.

Like everyone else, this will probably change a million times before Round 1.

-A bit of a POD move with Hodgson but I'm not a fan. Would rather pay the extra and get someone more reliable like Lichaa who is a bit of a POD this year.
    -Very solid front row
    -Going expensive with your 2nd row will be the deal breaker for your team's success this season I think. Bodene is a great POD and if Stuart sorts out Fensom's minutes he will be too. Not a fan of Whitehead given you have Fensom. I know they play different roles but I don't usually like doubling down on 1 position from the same team unless there is a cash cow involved. Someone like Rochow might fit better there.
    -Your expensive 2nd row has meant you aren't able to afford the gun halves and have had to settle for Austin. While Austin will score well, he is too much up and down for me and would prefer him as a 2nd half along side someone more stable such as DCE, Hunt, A.Reynolds etc...
    -Lawrence should do well but like you I'm not a fan of Waqa. If you are after a cash cow why not look at Copley, or Lafai/Hurrell if you wanted to go a bit more expensive
    -Two big PODs in your WFBs. Not sure how much Moylan can increase by and to me he has always seemed to be in that mix between not quite a gun and not a mid ranger who has potential. Gordon is a solid and common pick while Slater could go very well with an easy start of the season if I recall.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:14 pm

So tempted to run with Moylan as I think he is slightly underpriced.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:15 pm

what will griffin do to the panthers is my worry
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:17 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:
    The Peats and 2rf would appeal to me better as I like the look of Pauli Pauli now at the knights but I know you aren't sold on him. There isn't really too much else in the 2nd row besides Joel Edwards (out injured for the start though isn't he????) and nuffies. For the sake of argument, let's say you go with Pauli and give him a basic score of 20-30

Maloney (35-50) + Tapine (25-35)= 60-85 points
    Granville (35-60)+ Tapine (25-35)= 60-95 points
    Peats (40-65) + Pauli (20-30)= 60-95 points.

Granville is the superior option to Maloney so would take Granville. I would say Peats has the higher floor purely because he has a bit more likelihood of minutes and a few more traditional hooker stats like tackling, while I also think that because he has a higher floor, when he clicks in attack he also has a slightly better ceiling whereas Granville needs to have a huge game to score over 60 given he doesn't make as many tackles as other hookers his price. I personally feel Pauli is at least on par with Tapine going into the season so would go with the Peats/Pauli combo but you may prefer Tapine given you aren't sure about Pauli

Ia actually really like your breakdown of how to decide who to pick.

Although I am going to nitpick a few things. I really don't understand the Pauli Pauli love, he averaged 30 minutes a game and only managed an average of 18 points. I don't see his minutes increasing dramatically, with Snowden and K. Sims both playing big minutes. (Korbin was averaging 47 minutes last season.) as well as having Stockwell and Paea likely to be on the bench as well. I don't see how Pauli Pauli can make a push for more than 30 minutes, and I don't see his PPM improving either. Making him not a worthy pick.

I think you undervalue Maloney a little just purely because he will be playing without Pearce he averaged 53 points without Pearce (Lowest score 38 points, Highest score 78 points.) But yeah Peats is incredibly hard to pass up.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:18 pm

my tv broke wrote:what will griffin do to the panthers is my worry

On paper injury free the Panthers have a top 8 side IMO. Time will tell what Griffindor will do.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:18 pm

Bren wrote:So tempted to run with Moylan as I think he is slightly underpriced.

As long as he is playing FB.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:20 pm

Random wrote:

As long as he is playing FB.

Yeah Lockyer didnt score that great in the HLFs either.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:21 pm

Has anyone seen watermelon pants @SI ? We were going to chat and get the rego thread ready but I havent seen him for a few days.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:25 pm

Bren wrote:So tempted to run with Moylan as I think he is slightly underpriced.

Even with his great start to start last season he still only averaged 42 if you exclude the game he went down in. That's the same average as guys like Coote and Aitken who are only 30k differnce. I'm just not sure I would back him at the start of the year to get up to the level of scoring like Dugan whereas I can see someone like Gordon and Fergo making some coin early on and going much higher than their average and easily making up the difference between them and Moylan
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:25 pm

He has been on today as we have been messaging, just hit him up I am sure he will reply.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:49 pm