NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 5 - There was no party.

mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 5 - There was no party. - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 5 - There was no party.

Post by mrbrownstone Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:56 pm

Playing around with WFB + my third MID spot. Anyone want to weigh in on:

a) Brimson/RTS/Niu + Tauk - more midrange heavy with lots of upside
    b) Teddy/RTS/Moylan + Lodge/Koala - probably what I'm leaning towards
    c) Teddy/Moylan/Niu + Harris - very light on WFB but with two big guns
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 5 - There was no party. - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 5 - There was no party.

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:58 pm

my tv broke wrote:https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/warriors/124291175/warriors-eliesa-katoa-has-operation-on-cheekbone-could-miss-start-of-nrl-season

Article is about Katoa and injury (may not be fit for round 1), but does mention Harris

“Tohu is at the stage of his career where playing in the middle is what he prefers now,” Brown said.

“So we’re very happy to do that, unless we need to play him on an edge.

“Whether Tohu plays on the edge will be determined by injuries and the form of our younger players.

“Obviously, we’ve got Eli, who has developed well, Josh Curran, Jack Murchie, Bayley Sironen can play there, but he can also play in the middle.

“So we’ve a number of things that can determine that, but his preference is to play in the middle and our preference is to play him there, but he’s obviously an outstanding player, who can play both roles.

“So form and injuries will probably determine this over the course of the journey.”
    The omission of BMM from this list may imply that he is locked in on the other edge.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:05 pm

mattnz wrote:
    The omission of BMM from this list may imply that he is locked in on the other edge.

Possibly, as the coach is mentioning the form of the "younger" players... maybe BMM being the older head will get the other spot.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:18 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:As a non-TV owning footy fan, I've relied on the NRL live streaming on their app for the last few years (which I got for free as a Telstra customer). They've discontinued it this year, but if you've used it previously through Telstra you're eligible for discounted Kayo for 12 months. $5/mth which is a pretty good deal.

Does mean I'll probably end up shelling out full price for Kayo next year when the discount ends though Crying or Very sad

I already have Kayo and the quality is good. As a Telstra customer I think I'm paying $15/month which I think is reasonable vs the usual price of $25/month.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:20 pm

my tv broke wrote:Oldfield will miss the first month of the NRL season. Seemed like Opacic was favoured for left centre spot but that should probabyl lock him in.

Left centre yeah? Jennings' spot outside Dylan? Could be a decent shout at 333k.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:20 pm

Reminds me i need to do the ol 'threaten to cancel' thing with foxtel again as theyve jacked me back up to 60 bux a month.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:25 pm

Draft 17:

Cook
    Koloamatangi Ah Mau Watson
    Fifita Riki
    Cleary Brooks
    Averillo Hopoate
    Isaako Pap Simonsson

Angus Ford Brailey Lam
    Liddle Hola Faamusili Niu

69k spare
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:28 pm

my tv broke wrote:Reminds me i need to do the ol 'threaten to cancel' thing with foxtel again as theyve jacked me back up to 60 bux a month.

I hope you do better than me. I’ve been doing that dance for years without fail until late last year. Did the usual routine and got told no deal. I mean there wasn’t even much live sport on at the time, just RE-runs and English darts in peoples lounge rooms due to COVID. Thought I had the upper hand but ended with a fair bit of shouting and me advising where they could stick their over priced product. I’m still sad but coping with Kayo.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:31 pm

AL wrote:

I hope you do better than me. I’ve been doing that dance for years without fail until late last year. Did the usual routine and got told no deal. I mean there wasn’t even much live sport on at the time, just RE-runs and English darts in peoples lounge rooms due to COVID. Thought I had the upper hand but ended with a fair bit of shouting and me advising where they could stick their over priced product. I’m still sad but coping with Kayo.

Oh really ? Ive been paying around 40 a month for a number of years but have to do the dance eveey 6 to 12 months.

If they dont come to the party this time i rhink ill bite the bullet and cancel. Finally have nbn which has so far been super fast and reliable. Obvs kayo/fox the same owners anyway but im not going to keep paying more than 40 a month for something i dont use outside of watching league and cricket matches.

Admittedly Fox have been good to me, they moved my connection to new place for free a year or so ago. I think i'll test Kayo with free trial for the charity shield and if its all good with netflix also going then I'll sort out fox next week.

Last edited by my tv broke on Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:34 pm

I wish I had good nbn, home internet been done pretty much since we got it late last year!
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:39 pm

ytsb wrote:All this talk of a gun hooker has me slightly confused. How can your team properly balance given you probably need two mids on the bench, two WFBs, an edge, a centre, and a half, leaving one bench spot for a spare hooker. Assuming you whack Watson in the middle you still have Liddle + Brailey. Where are you sacrificing? Are people really running one spare bench mid or wfb? I'm seeing teams with Teddy + two cheap WFBs who could be dropped next week or stuck scoring 25s for eternity, and mid stacked with cheapies who's positions are not secure.

I mean I'd love to run one but the only way I can do it is if I sacrifice Munster and have Moylan as hlf/wfb cover on my bench which is fucked enough given Lam could be booted.

Would love to hear some thought processes I'm liable to be a moron

My bench is currently HOK, HLF, HLF, HOK, WFB/CTR, MID, MID/EDG, WFB. Coverage, especially to start the year is over rated. If I need to trade to have a starting 17 then I will do that
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:43 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Coverage, especially to start the year is over rated. If I need to trade to have a starting 17 then I will do that

This.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:45 pm

Mulvy wrote:

This.

I'd much prefer to pick the best cows and worry about which ones I'll play later
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:52 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Oh really ? Ive been paying around 40 a month for a number of years but have to do the dance eveey 6 to 12 months.

If they dont come to the party this time i rhink ill bite the bullet and cancel. Finally have nbn which has so far been super fast and reliable. Obvs kayo/fox the same owners anyway but im not going to keep paying more than 40 a month for something i dont use outside of watching league and cricket matches.

Admittedly Fox have been good to me, they moved my connection to new place for free a year or so ago. I think i'll test Kayo with free trial for the charity shield and if its all good with netflix also going then I'll sort out fox next week.

Yeah I’ve been paying around $40-45 / month for as long as I can remember - and have never had issues getting a new discount at the end of each previous discount expiring. I wonder if they were just struggling profit wise at the time with people cancelling due to COVID hardship and the fact there was bugger all to watch.

Anyway Kayo going ok now my internet is sorted but I may still back door back to Fox via Telstra as they had some good deals last time I checked.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:11 pm

Travis Meyn
    @travismeyn
    SALARY CAP INVESTIGATION: The NRL is set to launch a salary cap probe into the Gold Coast Titans following David Fifita’s alleged trespassing incident.

~Something to do with a payment made to fifita family at that time.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:30 pm

my tv broke wrote:Travis Meyn
    @travismeyn
    SALARY CAP INVESTIGATION: The NRL is set to launch a salary cap probe into the Gold Coast Titans following David Fifita’s alleged trespassing incident.

Trespassing?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:30 pm

my tv broke wrote:Travis Meyn
    @travismeyn

Probably trying to get Cam Smith to the Broncos so their number one goose egg isn't battling for the wooden spoon again this year.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:32 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Trespassing?

can't remember. I think he turned up to a tinder root but went into the wrong house. or something equally as silly.

Last edited by my tv broke on Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:33 pm

my tv broke wrote:

The only issue I have found with Kayo/Optus Sport/Foxtel Go etc. They're not live, they're really close to live but they're not. Mates who have Foxtel and that are in group chats will see a try/goal before I know what's going on and it can ruin it for you. Just a nuance to consider before you make the decision.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:33 pm

Honeysett wrote:

The only issue I have found with Kayo/Optus Sport/Foxtel Go etc. They're not live, they're really close to live but they're not. Mates who have Foxtel and that are in group chats will see a try/goal before I know what's going on and it can ruin it for you. Just a nuance to consider before you make the decision.

I've been that guy ruining it for everyone for the last couple of years aha

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:12 am