NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Supercoach 2021

Hannah2
    Hannah2

NRL Supercoach 2021 - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2021

Post by Hannah2 Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:25 pm

Fuimaono or Ogden, or other option? I have $273 000

Post by Guest Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:26 pm

Hannah2 wrote:Fuimaono or Ogden, or other option? I have $273 000

I've gone with Fuimaono
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:41 pm

I'm happier with my SC team than fantasy, have managed to fit all of my PODs in.

Looking forward to a great season hopefully!
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

Post by Hannah2 Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:44 pm

WT2K wrote:

I've gone with Fuimaono

Thanks, me too but it was a last minute decision and so I'm not sure
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:07 pm

mattnz wrote:I'm happier with my SC team than fantasy, have managed to fit all of my PODs in.

Looking forward to a great season hopefully!

This and vsdt are pretty crazy formats. Basically pick a squad of keepers and go from there, lol. It's amazing how many guns you can squeeze in.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:14 pm

I've got Papy as VC, you have to take 118 as your captain right?

If so, I need to drop one of Laurie, Capewell, Cotric and Bird to get the score. No idea which to drop.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:04 pm

mattnz wrote:I've got Papy as VC, you have to take 118 as your captain right?

If so, I need to drop one of Laurie, Capewell, Cotric and Bird to get the score. No idea which to drop.

If it was me I'd be dropping Cotric.

So who will you throw the C on?

Did you say this is your first year of SC? Already using the VC loophole. Cheeky bastard. Wink This is only my second year and I did use the loophole once last year, by accident, lol. But I'm yet to delve into it too much.

Who do you think will be your lowest scoring player that you'll get lumped with?

I had Pappy (in reserves) too, which is nice, but on a slightly sour note I swapped out Welch for NAS just before kick off. Really annoyed at myself for that - and not just because of R1 scores - as I was a big fan of Welch last year, who had a massive hand in my big VSDT win. Just like the dude and I hate that I got tempted by NAS for no real sound reason. Idyut.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:16 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

If it was me I'd be dropping Cotric.

So who will you throw the C on?

Did you say this is your first year of SC? Already using the VC loophole. Cheeky bastard. Wink This is only my second year and I did use the loophole once last year, by accident, lol. But I'm yet to delve into it too much.

Who do you think will be your lowest scoring player that you'll get lumped with?

I had Pappy (in reserves) too, which is nice, but on a slightly sour note I swapped out Welch for NAS just before kick off. Really annoyed at myself for that - and not just because of R1 scores - as I was a big fan of Welch last year, who had a massive hand in my big VSDT win. Just like the dude and I hate that I got tempted by NAS for no real sound reason. Idyut.

No, I was playing SC before starting Fantasy.

Currently have Suaalii sitting in reserves that I can play as captain. Unfortunately I had Eisenhuth in my reserves in that game, so will get at most 23 for him. I picked Eisenhuth as he looks to be first up, if anything happens to either K Brom or Kaufusi to get a starting edge.

Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:29 pm

mattnz wrote:

Currently have Suaalii sitting in reserves that I can play as captain. Unfortunately I had Eisenhuth in my reserves in that game, so will get at most 23 for him. I picked Eisenhuth as he looks to be first up, if anything happens to either K Brom or Kaufusi to get a starting edge.

Oh, I see. Don't know why I thought it was your first year, but I do make a habit of being a twat sandwich.

I've never explored it too much. So that means you're basically getting 129 points each from Pappy and Eisenhuth? Fuck me, can't pass that up. Shocked
    Trajan
    Trajan

Post by Trajan Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:22 am

mattnz wrote:

Matt the popular choice at the moment is Matterson V.C. and Teddy C with Walker coming on for Cleary who becomes a playing reserve. The problem as you have experienced is that early in the season there are too many low scoring reserves to make it worthwhile. Origin and late in the season are the best chances for this to work. Teddy may go nuts against Manly ( see Latrell next round ) but he does have a recent history of bombing the opening round. Good luck with your squad.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:20 am

General question you you chaps and ladies, but how many of you are carrying what they call a "nuff" - a non playing reserve? And if so, how many?

I'm not carrying any because that's just how I roll, but curious to know if I'm the only one. I was really tempted to do it because of the complete lack of base price options... but I resisted temptation.
    Trajan
    Trajan

Post by Trajan Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:46 am

Teeth Eater wrote:General question you you chaps and ladies, but how many of you are carrying what they call a "nuff" - a non playing reserve? And if so, how many?

I'm not carrying any because that's just how I roll, but curious to know if I'm the only one. I was really tempted to do it because of the complete lack of base price options... but I resisted temptation.

I'm carrying one Teeth Eater. Walker, the Roosters halfback. He comes in handy if you get an outrageous V.C. score and there is bugger all cheap alternatives at the moment. At the worse he looks good enough to get a run further down the track this season.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:01 am

Trajan wrote:

I'm carrying one Teeth Eater. Walker, the Roosters halfback. He comes in handy if you get an outrageous V.C. score and there is bugger all cheap alternatives at the moment. At the worse he looks good enough to get a run further down the track this season.

He seems like a popular one. I listen to a lot of podcasts and one really good point one of the hosts made was the concern about Cleary going down. I'm assuming you have Cleary? And although you can't play like that, trying to forecast injuries... but the point the dude made was that if Cleary went down you'd have to make a trade to dump Cleary, and then also a trade to bring him back in, ideally? Is this a concern at all with a "nuff" in the halfback position (similarly if you did with with a hooker, 5/8 or fullback)?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:14 am

I've got Ben Trbojevic as non player

CTR/2RF DPP might come in handy

Sam Walker and Jospeh Suaalii are the other popular nuffs
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:40 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

Oh, I see. Don't know why I thought it was your first year, but I do make a habit of being a twat sandwich.

I've never explored it too much. So that means you're basically getting 129 points each from Pappy and Eisenhuth? Fuck me, can't pass that up. Shocked
    My alternative Captain choice is Crichton vs Manly. So the equation is actually Crichton + Bird (who I would drop) vs Papy's 118 + Eisenhuth's 23 = 141 (potentially less if another NPR scores worse). If expecting an 80 from Crichton and a 40 from Bird, I come out ahead by 21 points. If Crichton goes nuts, at least I get 1 x his points value. The only bad scenario is Bird scores amazingly.

Suaalii and my planned captain in Crichton being in the same team helps. If Roosters play at the end of the round, I can see the NPR scoring before needing to make a decision. The non scorer being a CTW also helps, because there are lots of options you can swap them for and is a lower scoring position.

Last edited by mattnz on Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    deathbywarriors
    deathbywarriors

Post by deathbywarriors Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:48 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

He seems like a popular one. I listen to a lot of podcasts and one really good point one of the hosts made was the concern about Cleary going down. I'm assuming you have Cleary? And although you can't play like that, trying to forecast injuries... but the point the dude made was that if Cleary went down you'd have to make a trade to dump Cleary, and then also a trade to bring him back in, ideally? Is this a concern at all with a "nuff" in the halfback position (similarly if you did with with a hooker, 5/8 or fullback)?

I've gone with Cleary/Walker. Biggest concern is Cleary gets a short term injury and you need to burn 2 trades to get him out and back in. If it's a long term injury you'd be trading him anyway.
    t43597
    t43597

Post by t43597 Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:56 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:General question you you chaps and ladies, but how many of you are carrying what they call a "nuff" - a non playing reserve? And if so, how many?

I have one, B.Trbo. Ideally i wouldn't carry any as i want maximum cash making potential but i like my team too much with B.Trbo in it, and the DPP could end up being useful.

Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:13 pm

Interesting feedback, chaps. Fun to see the different strategies and plans.

Reading your post, Matt, makes me think I'm better off going the simpler route, lol. I can follow it if I apply myself, but man it's a lot of extra effort and thinking. The straight forward team strategy stuff is already time consuming enough.

Looking forward to seeing how I go in this league this year. Last year was my first year and it was a pretty half-hearted attempt. Hoping I go a bit harder at it this year. I'm not opposed to the VC loop, but I think the only way I'd use is if one of my players was out with a short term injury.
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

Post by Hannah2 Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:25 pm

Watson benched, now I don't know whether to play him or Lam in my 17.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:28 pm

Everyone still playing Watson in fantasy

Supercoach you can have a bit more squad depth so maybe a bit more replacable

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:19 am